HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
BREAKING NEWS - Black Hawk Down -One person has died and two were injured when a Black Hawk helicopter crashed during a training exercise at a St. Mary’s County golf course.
Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: April 17, 2017 06:21PM

http://wtop.com/maryland/2017/04/aircraft-crashes-st-marys-county/

St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office asked people to avoid the Society Hill area of Leonardtown while the investigation is underway.

Kevin Bowen, who works in the pro shop of the Breton Bay Golf and Country Club, says he saw the helicopter before it went down between the third and fourth holes of the golf course.

“I was just in the club house and I saw him flying pretty low over the trees, and then I just looked out again, he was spinning around and then he went down,” Bowen said.

People on the golf course ran over to help following the crash, he said.

“Two or three pedestrians just started running towards hole 3, they just started running that way I guess to try to go help,” he said.

Bowen said he didn’t see smoke coming from the helicopter before it made the hard landing.

“Its crazy, I can’t believe, I thought I was coming to work today and everything was going to be a nice peaceful day,” he said.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2017 07:17PM by Fox News.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: BREAKING NEWS One person has died and two were injured when a Black Hawk helicopter crashed during a training exercise at a St. Mary’s County golf course.
Date: April 17, 2017 07:01PM

Re: BREAKING NEWS One person has died and two were injured when a Black Hawk helicopter crashed during a training exercise at a St. Mary’s County golf course.
Date: April 17, 2017 07:02PM

38b0c37a-a1c1-4585-a8c8-17c5ac237e70.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2017 07:16PM by Fox News.

Date: April 17, 2017 07:03PM

Date: April 17, 2017 07:03PM

Date: April 17, 2017 07:04PM

Re: BREAKING NEWS - Black Hawk Down -One person has died and two were injured when a Black Hawk helicopter crashed during a training exercise at a St. Mary’s County golf course.
Date: April 17, 2017 07:06PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2017 07:07PM by Fox News.

Re: BREAKING NEWS - Black Hawk Down -One person has died and two were injured when a Black Hawk helicopter crashed during a training exercise at a St. Mary’s County golf course.
Date: April 17, 2017 07:08PM

Posted by: yep ()
Date: April 17, 2017 07:22PM

Posted by: arnie ()
Date: April 18, 2017 09:48PM

FORE!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: 6Yuku ()
Date: April 18, 2017 09:53PM

Second crash in that area in a month? What's going on?

Date: April 18, 2017 11:48PM

6Yuku Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Second crash in that area in a month? What's
> going on?

Something in the air

Posted by: I Saw A BlackHawk ()
Date: April 19, 2017 12:30AM

Over the Stafford Airport..on the side of I95 coming up to Nova Mon..did not land came in and left to the East..bout 1120AM..Wondering if that was the one..

The US Military Trains Hard.. They have too..Its Sad .. It Happens now and then....in War and Peace.. Training .. My Thoughts and Prayers go to the Soldiers family..Hope the others will be OK..

DAJAX

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.