HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Dead guy... rt 1 and backlick
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: October 05, 2009 11:18PM

Any of you scanner-listeners hear about a dead body over at rt 1 and backlick on the 5th around 10pm?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dead guy... rt 1 and backlick
Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: October 05, 2009 11:19PM

I heard about a guy being pistol whipped last week, but that's about it.

Posted by: Fat C++ Programmer ()
Date: October 05, 2009 11:24PM

it wasn't me!

Posted by: Bruno ()
Date: October 06, 2009 08:59AM

Did he died a lot?

Date: October 06, 2009 06:19PM

Pedestrian Killed Crossing Route 1 in Fairfax

By Allison Klein
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, October 6, 2009; 12:10 PM

A 44-year-old pedestrian was hit by a car and killed Monday while crossing Richmond Highway at Backlick Road, Fairfax County police said.

James Griffith, who did not have a fixed address, was crossing against the green traffic signal and outside of the crosswalk about 9 p.m. when he was struck by a 1996 Toyota Corolla, police said.

Griffith was taken to Inova Mount Vernon Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. No charges have been filed against the driver of the Toyota, but detectives continue to investigate the accident. Griffith's death was the 10th fatal crash involving pedestrians so far this year in Fairfax County. Last year at this time, there were two.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: October 06, 2009 08:41PM

it was a homeless dude and he did died a lot.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: October 06, 2009 08:51PM

At least the cops didn't walk up and write him a jaywalking ticket as he laid there dying (As happened in D.C. a couple of years ago).

Date: October 06, 2009 11:00PM

Wait, I just re-read the story... they have the time wrong by an hour, easy.

Fatality @ Rt.1 & Backlick Road:
Date: October 07, 2009 02:43AM

Agree: the time of the accident is misstated by approximately one hour. On Monday, October 6, 2009, at approx. 09:15 pm., I was traveling southbound on highway no.1, at the intersection where the accident occurred. I noticed that the cement overpass was unusually dark, before proceeding to the traffic light at the bottom of the hill. It's a busy intersection; people tend to drive fast. The light had turned green. Mine was the lead vehicle, so to speak, in the right-hand lane. I noticed an African American male wearing a light colored shirt crossing no.1, from west to east, and at the south end of the intersection. He walked into the southbound lane, just as the light turned green. His gait was too slow to cross safely. I had been slowing in anticipation of coming to a complete stop while the light was red.

So, I could easily stop. There were however three other lanes of traffic. At that juncture, the pedestrian seemed to realize the situation and began to sprint. I've been driving in Fairfax County for a good many years. My initial reaction was one of annoyance: what, this fellow wants to get hit? I immediately chastised myself as he began to run. Poor guy. Just not thinking. I hope this wasn’t the individual, but the age description matches. I did an errand and upon returning northbound found the intersection full of emergency vehicles. I stopped at a fast food place, but later saw the ambulance proceeding north to Innova Mt. Vernon. It’s a small world, and it’s tragic to lose anyone before his or her time. Although should this have been the victim, the driver of the Toyota and the insurer may wish to consider his prior acts leading up to the accident.

Date: October 07, 2009 11:26AM

I saw the victim laying there in a a pool of blood... be glad you missed it dude. It was not good. I was northbound.

Posted by: Friend ()
Date: October 09, 2009 01:10AM

I am a friend of the driver of the Toyota, and they are incredibly shaken up and saddened by the accident. No one wishes to be put in that position, and I am sure that they did everything they could to avoid the accident. I obviously am praying for the family of the pedestrian, as they are suffering enormously and I am praying for my friend as well.

Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: October 09, 2009 02:25AM

pray in a church you lazy asswad

Posted by: Ex Village Gurl ()
Date: October 10, 2009 09:47AM

RESton Peace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pedestrian Killed Crossing Route 1 in Fairfax
>
>
> By Allison Klein
> Washington Post Staff Writer
> Tuesday, October 6, 2009; 12:10 PM
>
> A 44-year-old pedestrian was hit by a car and
> killed Monday while crossing Richmond Highway at
> Backlick Road, Fairfax County police said.
>
> James Griffith, who did not have a fixed address,
> was crossing against the green traffic signal and
> outside of the crosswalk about 9 p.m. when he was
> struck by a 1996 Toyota Corolla, police said.
>
> Griffith was taken to Inova Mount Vernon Hospital,
> where he was pronounced dead. No charges have been
> filed against the driver of the Toyota, but
> detectives continue to investigate the accident.
> Griffith's death was the 10th fatal crash
> involving pedestrians so far this year in Fairfax
> County. Last year at this time, there were two.

Was the pedestrian a light skinned, chubby guy??? I used to live in the apartments on the corner and James was a frequent visitor to our neighborhood. I actually had him in to eat a couple times since he was indeed homeless. James had an underdeveloped mind and tended to be a little slow. I had not seen him in about 4 years, but I hope he is at peace and I hope his family does get word of what has happened, and I wish them peace also.

Posted by: ex village gurl ()
Date: October 10, 2009 09:48AM

Was the pedestrian a light skinned, chubby guy??? I used to live in the apartments on the corner and James was a frequent visitor to our neighborhood. I actually had him in to eat a couple times since he was indeed homeless. James had an underdeveloped mind and tended to be a little slow. I had not seen him in about 4 years, but I hope he is at peace and I hope his family does get word of what has happened, and I wish them peace also.

Date: October 10, 2009 09:49AM

I have to say, I thought the guy was white so I would say light-skinned is consistent.

But, I didn't get a good look at his build.

Posted by: The Congressman ()
Date: October 10, 2009 10:49AM

I get my hair cut right there!

Posted by: Superfreak ()
Date: October 10, 2009 10:51AM

James was a white bigger guy. 6 feet tall, about 230 lbs. Not slow minded at all!!! Very intelligent!

Rt. 1 backlick Murder
Posted by: Justice! ()
Date: October 11, 2009 12:12PM

How fast was the driver going in the corolla that are no signs of skid marks for braking. How can you never see someone up ahead who is white in a lighted up area wearing white? Was he doing erratic lane changing? And why would you look in your rear view mirror to make a lane change? Was a breathalizer done on the driver? Blood test for drug use? Was he driving over the speed limit? Don't pestestrians always have the right away? What if this was a child? This investigation needs to go on! Did anybody see how this Corolla was driving? If he was speeding or driving erratically in any way THAT IS IT! GUILTY! Involuntary manslaughter!

Posted by: Booyah ()
Date: October 14, 2009 07:04PM

1996 corolla you say? This wasn't one of our special illegal buddies was it? Maybe he couldn't see over the steering wheel.

Posted by: I Love Hate Crimes ()
Date: October 15, 2009 01:38PM

Maybe nobody explained what the brake pedal was for when they issued his lazy, dirty, stinky, brown like poop and cock roaches, stupid Mexican @$$ a drivers licence. Hopefully this guys family will find his body at some intersection someday. Then we can issue him a real social security number give him a bath and put him in our beloved U.S. soil he adores so much where he can no longer say "we don't hurt anyone we just want to work steal ss numbers and commit identity theft" bull$#it anymore. There are no safe places around here spicoli. Homedepots parking lots don't put a barrier between you and a set of cross hairs. Mariconputa

Posted by: jig ()
Date: October 15, 2009 05:59PM

I hope it was nothing serious

Posted by: Smashed Corolla P.O.S. ()
Date: October 15, 2009 06:49PM

Very serious. The pedestrian died. Another innocent victim of drivers carelessness. And they let the driver go!!!! I'm telling you it's amazing what you can get away with these days. I'm just curious if he had a valid license and insurance.

Posted by: Dead ()
Date: October 15, 2009 08:41PM

kjhkj

Posted by: Smashed corolla P.O.S. ()
Date: October 15, 2009 08:57PM

?????

Date: October 15, 2009 11:49PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> I saw the victim laying there in a a pool of
> blood... be glad you missed it dude. It was not
> good. I was northbound.

How lovely.

Posted by: WHAT A LAME WAD! ()
Date: October 16, 2009 12:44AM

Friend of driver states: >>" I am a friend of the driver of the Toyota, and they are incredibly shaken up and saddened by the accident."(is that right) >>" No one wishes to be put in that position, (your friend was not put in any position, he got behind the wheel of a motor vehicle of his own free will and made a mistake, by obviously NOT PAYING ATTENTION)>> and I am sure that they did everything they could to avoid the accident. (is that right hmmm... LEGAL SPEED 45 USMPH, speed of car at moment of impact 42 MPH. Doesn't seem like a whole lot of braking was done ... SO I BEG TO DIFFER)>> I obviously am praying for the family of the pedestrian, ( obviosly... WELL ATLEAST WE KNOW ONE THING IS OBVIOUS ;) >>as they are suffering enormously and I am praying for my friend as well.( to which god will you be praying to because the victim is at the right hand of JESUS at least be specific for CHRIST sake if your gonna say things like that praying for peoples dead relatives you don't even know sympathizing with the criminal the CRIMINAL police department let go. Also ANNE KLIEN from the WASHINGTON POST is piece of trash reporter and should start saving up for HER lawyer.) GOOD DAY FRiEND!

Posted by: 1perDontfuxwitus ()
Date: October 16, 2009 02:36PM

Seems pretty clear who is at fault and who should have been arrested that night buddy! Sounds like the cops or the supervisor that made the call to relaese him from the sceene should be fired and have a lotta splainin' to do.

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: October 16, 2009 04:47PM

Is it just me or is there one person venting over and over again?

Posted by: Concerned Citizen ()
Date: October 16, 2009 09:39PM

Its not just you Genevieve. There is a good reason for venting, kinda like a steam grate naturally might. Ya dig? Or are you for no accountability, looking the other way, reverse discrimination, just to name a few. Your an undercover liberal aren't you. If you cant help with the investigation, and just generally don't have anything intelligable to say. Why contribute to the thread at all miss Genevieve??? Hmmmmmm???

Date: October 16, 2009 09:57PM

If you want our support, present the facts clearly and objectively instead of ranting like an idiot.

I also suggest you proofread your posts before insulting another's intelligence.

Posted by: FYI pie in the sky! ()
Date: October 16, 2009 11:23PM

See, you still haven't contributed anything benneficial Maddame. Oh and excuse the grammer, because I don't give a fukk. Guess I just roll like that. And about facts, the lousy police department is not plentiful on facts but was more than willing to give an account to the Washington Post (and if the post had any taste
whatsoever ever, they would retract) that obviosly was an attempt to sway public opinion and alleviate the driver, of any responsibility of wrong doing. The really troubling part about this is they also chose to slanderize him and defame his character, by including info on an open investigation that they did not have to include. Without the familys permission. How about some privacy on certain topics. Is that my fault, am I a lousy detective or supervisor? from the things I know I can make certain assumptions. Hmmmm Sorry you think I'm the idiot, but then again aren't you the one who being obnoxious here. Or am I wrong in all my statements and I am the one in your buisiness, visiting your thread repeatedly. Love it when the truth is evident. And to me it's evident. It's the cops that have initiated a sketchy handling of the case. So don' t get mad at me. And when you have such obvious gross mishandling of a suspect like this. I have every right to be mad.

Date: October 17, 2009 10:30AM

Actually, this isn't your thread. It is my husband's thread. And what's his is mine (and vice versa). Therefore you are visiting my thread.

Posted by: Family member of the deceased ()
Date: October 17, 2009 01:19PM

Miss Genevieve, they have a descriptive word for people like u. (begins with the letter N) really offends people like you. And unfortunately people of color, but oh well. If you wanna get technical and call this your thread about your family member. I'm sorry your to stupid to read what this post was originally about. u claim your husband started the topic, and all you contribute is Stating The Obvious. When someone is complaining about on goingly getting treated unfairly and differently then others. and this B. S. up above is the best you can come up with? Well once again I will respectfully ask that if you don't have any well thought out, and put together statements to say that are benneficial to the thread topic at hand, then it would be greatly appreciated if you would stop displaying just how much of an Internet GEEK you really are with to much time on your hands. Good day sweet heart, oh and sounds like your husband is one lucky man!

Posted by: 4 Gen ()
Date: October 17, 2009 02:09PM

Genevieve Wrote:
> Actually, this isn't your thread. It is my
> husband's thread. And what's his is mine (and vice
> versa). Therefore you are visiting my thread.

That's fucking stupid.

Date: October 17, 2009 03:22PM

I've already stated my opinion quite clearly. If you want our support, state the facts objectively. You have failed to present the full story and are instead hurling insults and accusations. That is not the way to obtain agreement.

Posted by: ex village gurl ()
Date: October 28, 2009 08:48PM

Well, then it doesn't sound like that was the James from my old neighborhood!!

Date: October 28, 2009 09:25PM

Only if the liberal scum rag WASHINGTON POST was as graceful as you^ exvillagegurl. For if those losers had any class or self respect at all, they would print a retraction on an offensive statement they published as a result of incorrect information given to them by the low lifes at the FAIRFAX COUNTY POLICE DEPARTMENT, who, by thier actions of letting the suspect go from the sceen, are just as responsible and guilty of James' death as the careless and negligent driver that comitted this offense. Thanks for clearing that one up for us. So now the only RETARDED BUMS left in question, are the FAIRFAX COUNTY POLICE DEPARTMENT, and the DREGS at the WASHINGTON POST NEWPAPER. So again thanks so much for clearing that up!

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: October 29, 2009 02:34AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 02:10AM by Alias.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.