HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Reston Town Merchants File Lawsuit over Paid Parking, Sue RTC
Posted by: Ololo ()
Date: March 24, 2017 09:38AM

One of many more to come. The paid parking is killing RTC merchants. The Reston Town Center has become ghetto central now.

http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/news/2017/03/23/restaurant-suing-over-paid-parking-at-reston-town.html

The first lawsuit by a Reston Town Center retailer has been filed against Boston Properties in response to the developer implementing a paid parking system earlier this year.

Jackson's Mighty Fine Food & Lucky Lounge, part of the Great American Restaurant Group, sued two affiliates of Boston Properties (NYSE: BXP) in Fairfax County Circuit Court on Wednesday alleging breach of contract. The suit seeks an immediate end to paid parking, $500,000 in damages and attorney's fee.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reston Town Merchants File Lawsuit over Paid Parking, Sue RTC
Posted by: Fantom.Shitter ()
Date: March 24, 2017 10:10AM

Boston Properties can do whatever they want. And that includes charging for parking. Judge will find in their favor.

Posted by: HETbe ()
Date: March 24, 2017 10:32AM

Fantom.Shitter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Boston Properties can do whatever they want. And
> that includes charging for parking. Judge will
> find in their favor.

(Copied from a similar thread on RTC parking)

Agree to an extent. Only way see that the court case will have any impact is the negative public press it will generate. If like other retail properties, some portion of the retails monthly rent is based on percentage of sales. If Boston Properties see their rent collections then go down as people shop at places other than Reston Town Center and this is more than the monies that they collect from the paid parking, I could see Boston Properties changing their decision. Of course, very unlikely will see an overnight change. Unless BP have a different mindset as a for profit business and unless they are concerned about their public image (many large companies are, perhaps clues on that from their website), its a dollar bottom line matter.

Like a few other areas of the county, Fairfax County government is trying to make Reston Town Center as a multi-modal transportation area, Silver Line is expected to comes in a few years, there is a every 10 minutes shuttle (Fairfax Connector 505/981/983) between Wiehle Metro and Reston Town Center (but the $1.75 one-way or $3.50 round trip fare compare that with the parking costs), and Capital Bikshare coming to area, also the WO&D trail adjacent to the south side of Reston Town Center and north side of Wiehle Metro, or walking within a mile with Reston's trail network. Maybe Fairfax Co. too trying to drum up business for Lyft/Uber also and further increase their tax revenues. Just saying, though many of us FXUers prefer to drive our cars, and time/reliability/cost/safety problems with the other transportation ways very well discussed in other FXU thread posts.

Just my two cents above, as I live several miles away, as only on occasion come to Reston Town Center to shop, as do nearly all of my shopping elsewhere.

Posted by: Reality 2017 ()
Date: March 24, 2017 10:40AM

Prime real estate regardless if it is paid or free parking. The restaurant are free to leave with 100 others willing to fill the vacancy. The establishments do not own the parking lots and Boston property can do whatever they want to with them.

Posted by: Real Reality 2017 ()
Date: March 24, 2017 12:31PM

Fantom.Shitter Wrote:
> Boston Properties can do whatever they want.

You meant they can do whatever they want so long as it is consistent with their leases with their tenants. Once they brought in tenants they lost the ability to say its my property and I can do whatever I want. At that point what the landlord can do is limited by the lease terms and by landlord-tenant law.

Posted by: It's all for you ()
Date: March 24, 2017 12:39PM

The reason they are charging for parking is to keep parking spaces open for shoppers of RTC.

Otherwise the lot would be filled with the cars that commuters leave on the lot to ride the Deathrail or some other commuting method.

Posted by: B0ston PR0P ()
Date: March 24, 2017 12:50PM

It's all for you Wrote:
> The reason they are charging for parking is to
> keep parking spaces open for shoppers of RTC.
>
> Otherwise the lot would be filled with the cars
> that commuters leave on the lot to ride the
> Deathrail or some other commuting method.

That's a lie. Commuter parking can be controlled with time limits, such as 3-4 hours of free parking.

Boston did this out of pure greed, not anticipating the negative backlash, and now egos are blinding their thought process. Before it's over someone is getting the axe, or maybe multiple folks will ge the old heave-ho.

Posted by: False ()
Date: March 24, 2017 02:21PM

It's all for you Wrote:
> The reason they are charging for parking is to
> keep parking spaces open for shoppers of RTC.
>
> Otherwise the lot would be filled with the cars
> that commuters leave on the lot to ride the
> Deathrail or some other commuting method.

If that was true parking at night would be free. It is not.

Posted by: More to Come ()
Date: March 24, 2017 02:31PM

RESTON, VA — The Reston Merchants Association is still mulling their legal options in their battle with Reston Town Center manager Boston Properties over paid parking, but they are moving ever closer to a lawsuit.

Aaron Gordon, owner of Red Velvet Cupcakery and a key figure in the movement against ParkRTC, told Patch Friday that RMA is "80 percent likely" to file a lawsuit, and the suit would be filed anywhere between a month to three months from now.

Posted by: Fantom.Shitter ()
Date: March 24, 2017 05:35PM

Real Reality 2017 Wrote:
> Fantom.Shitter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Boston Properties can do whatever they want.
>
> You meant they can do whatever they want so long
> as it is consistent with their leases with their
> tenants. Once they brought in tenants they lost
> the ability to say its my property and I can do
> whatever I want. At that point what the landlord
> can do is limited by the lease terms and by
> landlord-tenant law.

You and I know that what Boston Properties is doing...is wrong. Who do you think will have better lawyers? Boston Properties...or a couple of libtards and Ching Chongs who comprise the bullshit RMA? Judges seldom rule for the little guy. Boston Properties wins this...and it won't even be close.

Posted by: Low Hanging Fruit ()
Date: March 24, 2017 06:07PM

False Wrote:
> It's all for you Wrote:
> -----
> > The reason they are charging for parking is to
> > keep parking spaces open for shoppers of RTC.
> >
> > Otherwise the lot would be filled with the cars
> > that commuters leave on the lot to ride the
> > Deathrail or some other commuting method.
>
> If that was true parking at night would be free.
> It is not.

They have the parking fees 24 hours a day because some selfish people would park their car 5 minutes before the fees start, and leave their car all day - Monopolizing all of the parking spaces.

Besides, who owns the parking lot?

Posted by: RE law ()
Date: March 24, 2017 08:30PM

The Lawyers at Boston properties know exactly how to write a lease. These tenants have no chance of fighting this other than requesting a lease modification. BP has them by the balls and that is exactly the way it was planned.

Posted by: Joke will be on them ()
Date: March 24, 2017 09:28PM

It will be funny after they loose Boston properties evicts them and they go kicking and screaming.

Posted by: Idiots123 ()
Date: March 24, 2017 09:54PM

So many dumb posts in here from people that don't understand how leases work or th law in general. Not to mention no one here has a sample lease from any of the tenants. Yea thEyll just evict the tenants. Cool story bro

Posted by: Idiots123 ()
Date: March 24, 2017 10:01PM

Oh...I almost forgot...

I like the black cock in my ass.

Posted by: Pay stays ()
Date: March 24, 2017 10:27PM

If 24/7 free parking for customers was not included in the leases, the tenants are SOL. Either Boston Prop. gives in because the tenants go under and everything goes empty or the tenants bite the bullet and deal with this until the end of their leases if they survive. As weekend and holiday parking is free, chances are they will easily survive, stay and Boston knows this. Paid parking during weekdays will not end.

Posted by: real estate madness ()
Date: March 25, 2017 12:24PM

Pay stays Wrote:
> If 24/7 free parking for customers was not
> included in the leases, the tenants are SOL.
> Either Boston Prop. gives in because the tenants
> go under and everything goes empty or the tenants
> bite the bullet and deal with this until the end
> of their leases if they survive. As weekend and
> holiday parking is free, chances are they will
> easily survive, stay and Boston knows this. Paid
> parking during weekdays will not end.

The bottom line is that those parking spots are located on some very valuable real estate and they have to bring in money in order to exist. If those tenants did not fully understand those leases that they signed then that is their fault. They can tough it out till the lease expires or go under. Fuck them.

Posted by: Human Tripod ()
Date: March 25, 2017 02:13PM

Not going back to RTC. Ever. I have options elsewhere.

Never forgive. Never forget.

Posted by: Legally Speaking ()
Date: March 26, 2017 02:05AM

If parking is not addressed in this Lease, the Landlord will likely prevail.

The restaurants lawyers should have negotiated it at the time of signing the Lease!!!

Posted by: P3pvv ()
Date: March 26, 2017 06:05AM

I think the problem is many of the Leaseholders may have signed up before pay parking was introduced.

So the parking situation has changed.

As mentioned, this is a shakedown. Tyson Corner and even the Tysons Corner Walmart have paid parking to control Metro Parking, BUT it is implemented in a way that does not impact the majority of shoppers.

I recall Tysons is gated before 10 am and they have some ability to understand what cars are parking for too long with parking space occupancy sensors.

Walmart has free parking for the first 2 hours. You can shop and eat lunch in under 2 hours without a problem.

Boston Properties thinks RTC is something special. Its not, just another dump in FFX with a few nice amenities. I have lived here all of my life and I can count on my hands and feet how many times I have been there. With the paid parking and the App requirement, this has just sealed the deal for me, I am not going to even consider going back to this place until the parking is validated by the merchants or the first 2-3 hours of parking is free.

Posted by: BP station ()
Date: March 26, 2017 07:53AM

P3pvv Wrote:
> I think the problem is many of the Leaseholders
> may have signed up before pay parking was
> introduced.
>
> So the parking situation has changed.
>
> As mentioned, this is a shakedown. Tyson Corner
> and even the Tysons Corner Walmart have paid
> parking to control Metro Parking, BUT it is
> implemented in a way that does not impact the
> majority of shoppers.
>
> I recall Tysons is gated before 10 am and they
> have some ability to understand what cars are
> parking for too long with parking space occupancy
> sensors.
>
> Walmart has free parking for the first 2 hours.
> You can shop and eat lunch in under 2 hours
> without a problem.
>
> Boston Properties thinks RTC is something special.
> Its not, just another dump in FFX with a few nice
> amenities. I have lived here all of my life and I
> can count on my hands and feet how many times I
> have been there. With the paid parking and the App
> requirement, this has just sealed the deal for me,
> I am not going to even consider going back to this
> place until the parking is validated by the
> merchants or the first 2-3 hours of parking is
> free.

This is great news. We like to keep people like you away. There are some great places for you and your friends in Manassas. Thanks!

Posted by: No2006weirdobs ()
Date: March 26, 2017 08:24PM

No2006weirdobs

Posted by: Maybe, maybe not ()
Date: March 26, 2017 09:08PM

Legally Speaking Wrote:
> If parking is not addressed in this Lease, the
> Landlord will likely prevail.
>
> The restaurants lawyers should have negotiated it
> at the time of signing the Lease!!!

A court might well see the parking as an unreasonable restriction. For example, if BP decided to charge a fee to *enter* RTC, it's hard to imagine that a court wouldn't find that to be unreasonable, whether it was in the lease or not.

Could be interesting.

Posted by: Jacksons patron ()
Date: March 27, 2017 05:06AM

Human Tripod Wrote:
> Not going back to RTC. Ever. I have options
> elsewhere.
>
> Never forgive. Never forget.

Thank you, you will not be missed.

Posted by: BFD ()
Date: March 27, 2017 06:06AM

Weekends are free and most of the businesses validate when its not. Tenants should have made sure free parking all the time was in their leases. Either way, this is a big nothing burger for the public.

Posted by: ElPatron ()
Date: March 27, 2017 07:08PM

I don't necessarily mind having to pay for parking and if I could swipe a CC and be done with it, I wouldn't mind...but having to use their app or phone system is a hassle (and pathetic)...I won't bother going there as much.

Posted by: FREE PARKING other Places ()
Date: March 27, 2017 08:18PM

Plenty of free parking around the area at other places. Lake Anne Plaza, Plaza America, North Point, Loudoun One, new Herndon restaurants. Chantilly Town Center is coming too.

All have FREE PARKING.

Posted by: Honda driver ()
Date: March 29, 2017 05:04AM

The parking app took a little getting used to but now I love it. Since they have started the paid parking Jacksons has become a little less crowded on weeknights. I wish the paid parking was 7 days a week though. I like the fact that I can leave my car there overnight in case I drink too much and have to uber it home.

Posted by: Xi Jinping ()
Date: March 29, 2017 06:57AM

Honorable poster children,

The master plan for the slave country of China will require you to abandon your Fords and ride the humble bicycle to Reston Center Town.

Humble bicycle can reduce size of fry chicken belly and increase sense of self value.

Reduce resistance to plan as futility is not to be avoided.

For shopping satisfaction, you will please purchase a bamboo basket made in Shenzhen City, Guangdong Provincial Authority.

You enjoy please.

Posted by: HKdhh ()
Date: March 29, 2017 09:54AM

Believe this whole paid parking idea is something that is not needed before its time has come. Can understand the paid parking in Tysons with the Metro stations nearby to keep commuters out of merchant lots. However even when the Metrorail comes near Reston Town Center around year 2020, checking the Dulles Metro website and Google Maps, the walk is going to be to 2000 to 2500 feet from the Metro station to the center of RTC on the most direct/as the bird flies route, about a 10-12 minute walk for the average person, about five city blocks. Not sure how many people will do that, and still end up driving, very especially on bad weather days. Maybe if they end up charging even more for parking then, maybe more will Metro it, but besides comparing costs, it also depends on Metro's reliability then (right not definitely not good which personally have avoided since late last year).

Posted by: HKdhh ()
Date: March 29, 2017 09:56AM

(fixed typo in post above) Believe this whole paid parking idea is something that is not needed before its time has come. Can understand the paid parking in Tysons with the Metro stations nearby to keep commuters out of merchant lots. However even when the Metrorail comes near Reston Town Center around year 2020, checking the Dulles Metro website and Google Maps, the walk is going to be to 2000 to 2500 feet from the Metro station to the center of RTC on the most direct/as the bird flies route, about a 10-12 minute walk for the average person, about five city blocks. Not sure how many people will do that, and still end up driving, very especially on bad weather days. Maybe if they end up charging even more for parking then, maybe more will Metro it, but besides comparing costs, it also depends on Metro's reliability then (right -now- definitely not good which personally have avoided since late last year).

Posted by: Joey joe joe ()
Date: March 29, 2017 10:14AM

I wonder who these people are who really want to pay for parking. Do you hate your money? Has it been so difficult to park there that you're willing to pay? I, for one, think paying for the privilege to shop is foolish. I feel the same way about the National Harbor. Nothing there is so special that I should have to pay for parking.

Date: March 29, 2017 04:33PM

Joey joe joe Wrote:
> I wonder who these people are who really want to
> pay for parking. Do you hate your money? Has it
> been so difficult to park there that you're
> willing to pay? I, for one, think paying for the
> privilege to shop is foolish. I feel the same way
> about the National Harbor. Nothing there is so
> special that I should have to pay for parking.

We like the paid parking because it keeps some of the low rent people away. I just wish the paid parking was 7 days a week.

Date: March 30, 2017 05:54AM

Honorable poster children,

The master plan for the slave country of China will require you to abandon your Fords and ride the humble bicycle to Reston Center Town.

Humble bicycle can reduce size of fry chicken belly and increase sense of self value.

Reduce resistance to plan as futility is not to be avoided.

For shopping satisfaction, you will please purchase a bamboo basket made in Shenzhen City, Guangdong Provincial Authority. 

You enjoy please. You enjoy pay for car park. Hoh hoh hoh!

Date: March 30, 2017 06:37AM

Hoh hoh hoh. Roe or wade? Noh! Shenzhen paddlebike!
Attachments:
RTX136FO.jpg

Posted by: Not Worth the Hassle ()
Date: March 30, 2017 08:36AM

They've just made it more of a hassle to go to RTC. Another reason not to bother.

Posted by: Question... ()
Date: March 30, 2017 11:29AM

With parking free midnight Friday to midnight Sunday, do you still have to use the app to park in the garages? Or can you just park like you did before?

Posted by: Redws ()
Date: March 30, 2017 11:58AM

Not Worth the Hassle Wrote:
> They've just made it more of a hassle to go to
> RTC. Another reason not to bother.

The RTC has become one big clusterf of skyscrapers.

If I'm going to deal with garage paid parking I might as well go a nice restaurant in DC or Alexandria.

Posted by: Looking Terrible Louis III ()
Date: March 30, 2017 12:04PM

Jacksons patron Wrote:
> Joey joe joe Wrote:
> -----
> > I wonder who these people are who really want
> to
> > pay for parking. Do you hate your money? Has
> it
> > been so difficult to park there that you're
> > willing to pay? I, for one, think paying for
> the
> > privilege to shop is foolish. I feel the same
> way
> > about the National Harbor. Nothing there is so
> > special that I should have to pay for parking.
>
>
> We like the paid parking because it keeps some of
> the low rent people away. I just wish the paid
> parking was 7 days a week.

No it doesn't. The ghetto idiots are the ones paying for the parking. Nobody rich goes the RTC any more. They are all going to place with free parking like Louduon One, Lake Anne, Newport, Plaza America or the new Herndon restaurants.

Rich people hate paying for parking with a passion.

Posted by: weekends free ()
Date: March 30, 2017 12:24PM

Question... Wrote:
> With parking free midnight Friday to midnight
> Sunday, do you still have to use the app to park
> in the garages? Or can you just park like you did
> before?

you have to enter the five digit code they give you at whatever store or bar you're at. the PIN last up to 45 minutes from the time of issue

Posted by: not downloading an app ()
Date: March 30, 2017 01:15PM

I'm not going to download an app to park. If you're only carrying a government or corporate phone, downloading an app isn't even an option.

A good bit of the parking objections are due to the idiotic payment system they have set up. That, and the validation being bass-ackwards and only valid in certain garages for certain time periods.

Posted by: Fucking Cry Babies ()
Date: March 30, 2017 07:22PM

not downloading an app Wrote:
> I'm not going to download an app to park. If
> you're only carrying a government or corporate
> phone, downloading an app isn't even an option.
>
> A good bit of the parking objections are due to
> the idiotic payment system they have set up.
> That, and the validation being bass-ackwards and
> only valid in certain garages for certain time
> periods.

You will need to download the app to park there. The hours for parking, and the location has been decided by the owners of the property, so if you can't get with the program park somewhere else.

Posted by: better yet ()
Date: March 30, 2017 07:32PM

Fucking Cry Babies Wrote:
> not downloading an app Wrote:
> -----
> > I'm not going to download an app to park. If
> > you're only carrying a government or corporate
> > phone, downloading an app isn't even an option.
>
> >
> > A good bit of the parking objections are due to
> > the idiotic payment system they have set up.
> > That, and the validation being bass-ackwards
> and
> > only valid in certain garages for certain time
> > periods.
>
>
> You will need to download the app to park there.
> The hours for parking, and the location has been
> decided by the owners of the property, so if you
> can't get with the program park somewhere else.

I found a better solution, I'll take my business somewhere else.

Date: March 30, 2017 08:06PM

Looking Terrible Louis III Wrote:
> Jacksons patron Wrote:
> -----
> > Joey joe joe Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I wonder who these people are who really want
> > to
> > > pay for parking. Do you hate your money?
> Has
> > it
> > > been so difficult to park there that you're
> > > willing to pay? I, for one, think paying for
> > the
> > > privilege to shop is foolish. I feel the
> same
> > way
> > > about the National Harbor. Nothing there is
> so
> > > special that I should have to pay for
> parking.
> >
> >
> > We like the paid parking because it keeps some
> of
> > the low rent people away. I just wish the paid
> > parking was 7 days a week.
>
> No it doesn't. The ghetto idiots are the ones
> paying for the parking. Nobody rich goes the RTC
> any more. They are all going to place with free
> parking like Louduon One, Lake Anne, Newport,
> Plaza America or the new Herndon restaurants.
>
> Rich people hate paying for parking with a
> passion.

You are missing the whole point. Money will not solve the low rent problem.

Date: March 30, 2017 09:03PM

Also from Shenzhen City, Guangdong Provincial Authority, for enjoyment of yours and convenience of yours.

Please honorable RTC bouykotter, inexpensive bicycle for family of yours.

-
Attachments:
2d7112fade73409e859b739309c7fca2.jpg

Posted by: Not wright ()
Date: March 30, 2017 09:12PM

It's racial profiling. A lot of the poor (Nigger's and illegal aliens) only have shitty flip phones where it is impossible to download an app. Even some poor elderly white folks don't have smart phones...

Posted by: Fftttrttg ()
Date: March 31, 2017 10:53PM

Fantom.Shitter Wrote:
> Boston Properties can do whatever they want. And
> that includes charging for parking. Judge will
> find in their favor.

Nope. The judge will enforce the contract (lease). The contract says free parking.

Posted by: kGJu9 ()
Date: April 01, 2017 05:45AM

Not wright Wrote:
> It's racial profiling. Even
> some poor elderly white folks don't have smart
> phones...

Not all elderly folk, white or not, are economically poor. Very respectfully, some just are technology challenged or are just not going to adapt to the new technology when they have been used to 20th century technology for decades in their lives. My elderly mom in her upper 70s got her on the PC to do email and basic web browsing, and has the economic means to buy a smart phone (even a basic Android one can be had for under $200 these days), but still believes a phone, even a cell phone, is only to be used for calling, which have data and text messaging blocked on her line. My aunt in her 80s who lives out of state, no cell phone, no email, no computer, and on home phone line, no call waiting, no caller ID, no voicemail, and no answering machine. She will answer the phone if she is at home (she still drives locally) and not in shower, etc., and if her line is busy talking with someone else, you just call back (believe if it is an emergency, Verizon still has a per use charge service for operator call intercept). One time, rather than wait for her to get off the line for hours or her phone was off the hook, did a hand written note in postal mail card letting her know a relative was ill (not serious enough to be an emergency) and she responded back days later with a hand written response card.

That said, I do use Smartphone apps, browse/use self service on websites, text, email, or call as needed with everyone else I know with call waiting ID. Knowing digressing, but agree that requiring the use of a smartphone one does may not have to park for parking whether financial issue or tech challenged is discriminatory. Also what happens if you happen to leave/lose your smartphone in the Reston stores or restaurants and then return to the RTC garage

In any event, I seldom though go to RTC as other shopping choices nearby or within several miles without paid parking. Question is which of the stores in Reston Town Center that another store of the same chain or providing the same type of service or good that is not within a couple, few, or several miles of RTC?

Posted by: BP 4 U 2 ()
Date: April 01, 2017 06:21AM

Fuck all you people who don't want to pay for parking. If you don't like it then stay the fuck away.

Posted by: The Honorable Gerald Connolly ()
Date: April 01, 2017 10:00AM

Fairfax Times: RTC Merchants Report Double-Digit Sales Drops Following Paid Parking

Some Reston Town Center merchants say they have seen declines as high as 37 percent since property owner and manager Boston Properties instituted a new paid parking system, according to sales data released on Mar. 27 by the Reston Merchants Association.
http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/articles/rtc-merchants-report-double-digit-sales-drops-following-paid-parking/article_f3f40658-1655-11e7-950c-5b7392ff2440.html

Posted by: RTC Parking Sux ()
Date: April 01, 2017 06:26PM

I live 5 miles away and Used to go to Reston Town Center 2-3 times per week. Haven't been since January. No wonder business revenue is down 35%. I won't be going back - unless they remove the pay parking requirement.

Boston Properties is ignorant and disingenuous. They thought they could lie to customers about why they needed to charge us for parking. The lie about commuter parking cars hid have been easily addressed by allowing 3-4 hours free parking and then apply parking charges. BP is BS.

Posted by: Validation is the solution ()
Date: April 01, 2017 06:33PM

Why won't the merchants validate the parking? This argument keeps going in circles because they won't validate.

Posted by: Human Tripod ()
Date: April 01, 2017 06:55PM

That's why I stay away. Love my money? Love my car...

Posted by: The.Green.Manalishi ()
Date: April 01, 2017 07:06PM

Validation is the solution Wrote:
> Why won't the merchants validate the parking? This
> argument keeps going in circles because they won't
> validate.

You do realize that validation of parking means the consumer parks free because the merchant that validated the parking actually pays for them to park, right? Validating someone's parking doesn't mean the landlord or the garage operator just says, "Oh, ok...we'll just let that person park free and not charge the merchant..."

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: April 02, 2017 12:41AM

Not wright Wrote:
> It's racial profiling. A lot of the poor (Nigger's
> and illegal aliens) only have shitty flip phones
> where it is impossible to download an app. Even
> some poor elderly white folks don't have smart
> phones...

I have to admit if the poor wants to pursue it the lawsuit is there for the taking. It may not go anywhere but if harassment is the intent it is something that a starving lawyer may take up.

Posted by: biscuit lover ()
Date: April 02, 2017 08:51AM

Hey all you fucks complaining about paid parking, this is America and RTC is a legal privately owned company company. They are free to do what they want. You people must hate America. If you don't like the paid parking then stay the fuck away.
If the tenants don't like the paid parking then they are free to move away at the end of their lease, we will have no problem getting a new tenant in there.

Fuck all you anti-American people.

Posted by: biscuit lover ()
Date: April 02, 2017 10:26AM

I like the black cock.

Posted by: Joe B. ()
Date: April 02, 2017 10:38AM

A little premature to be concerned about RTC becoming ghetto. When the Popeyes moves from Colts Neck to RTC then you can become concerned.

Posted by: I forget ()
Date: April 02, 2017 09:49PM

I read the lawsuit and the background. BP actually begged Jackson's to open their restaurant at the Town Center. Jackson's would only sign a lease if they added language that if paid parking was implemented that their customers would not have to pay, nor would Jackson's have to pay for validation. BP are a bunch of assholes, I'm glad Jackson's is suing them. I got plenty of money to spend elsewhere. The problem is they don't make it easy to use their system. Need the app to validate, only 4 kiosks, want to eat dinner and see a movie, you'll probably have to use 2 different garages if they don't validate at the same one. It's just stupid. Also Leidos is now looking to leave and go elsewhere.

Here's the lawsuit: https://www.restonnow.com/files/2017/03/GAR-COMPLAINT-FILE-STAMP-.pdf

Posted by: XYXYN ()
Date: April 02, 2017 10:01PM

biscuit lover Wrote:
> Hey all you fucks complaining about paid parking,
> this is America and RTC is a legal privately owned
> company company. They are free to do what they
> want. You people must hate America. If you don't
> like the paid parking then stay the fuck away.
> If the tenants don't like the paid parking then
> they are free to move away at the end of their
> lease, we will have no problem getting a new
> tenant in there.
>
> Fuck all you anti-American people.

Not so fast, biscuit/black cock lover.

You can't enter into lease agreements and then change your policies to adversely affect underlying incentives offered as part of the lease without expecting to be sued.

If a tenant moved in based on the expectation of certain revenues, property management will be challenged in court if they make decisions that adversely affect the revenue stream of the tenants.

Of course, whether that is really the case or not should not be difficult for plaintiffs to prove.

Posted by: We'll see ()
Date: April 03, 2017 06:01AM

I forget Wrote:
> I read the lawsuit and the background.

> BP are a bunch of assholes, I'm glad
> Jackson's is suing them.

> Here's the lawsuit:
> https://www.restonnow.com/files/2017/03/GAR-COMPLA
> INT-FILE-STAMP-.pdf

Yep, looks as if BP has not fulfilled its agreements in good faith with Jackson's. BP should lose but it's not a clear cut breach on BP's part. Jackson's should have forced the lease verbiage to be more specific in what they wanted re parking for their patrons and staff. They allowed BP to write it and trusted BP not to be sleazeballs.

Posted by: Boycott the RTC ()
Date: April 03, 2017 10:24AM

I use to spend a lot of time at the RTC. Forget it! I'm done with Reston Town Center. The way they treated patrons is disgusting.

I go to Lake Plaza and Loudoun One now. I also noticed the Town of Herndon just added 90 FREE parking spots downtown so I'll be going to Herndon for their Friday night and weekend events. The Herndon Festival is always great music.

Date: April 03, 2017 05:45PM

Boycott the RTC Wrote:
> I use to spend a lot of time at the RTC. Forget
> it! I'm done with Reston Town Center. The way
> they treated patrons is disgusting.
>
> I go to Lake Plaza and Loudoun One now. I also
> noticed the Town of Herndon just added 90 FREE
> parking spots downtown so I'll be going to Herndon
> for their Friday night and weekend events. The
> Herndon Festival is always great music.

Thank you so much! We really appreciate that you are mature enough to understand that we are trying to change things at RTC for the better. You would not believe the idiots that have been calling me. I already had charges pressed on 6 different callers for making threats. These are exactly the kind of people we are trying to keep out lol!

Posted by: hybrid driver ()
Date: April 04, 2017 09:34AM

Parking should be free for hybrids and electrics.

Date: April 05, 2017 05:38PM

I don't like black cock, but I have to say that the Herndon foodie scene has greatly improved over the past 8 years. There's literally no reason to visit RTC for their generic, so-called "high-end" restaurant chains anymore.

That ship has sailed. They are so fucked unless they turn this around.

Remember, The entire block from the W&OD to Baron Cameron/Elden Street was supposed to be redeveloped to look just like RTC over 10 years ago, and they only started on two new buildings last year.

Posted by: RTC lover ()
Date: April 06, 2017 06:37AM

I am retired and enjoy RTC on the weekdays. The parking fees help ensure that parking is always available. The cost is minimal but it really has improved things at RTC. The fees are a good idea.

Posted by: lDon'tLikeBlackCock ()
Date: April 06, 2017 08:45AM

I was only kidding...I really do like the black cock...from my ass right to my mouth.

Posted by: Prius Cuck ()
Date: April 06, 2017 08:52AM

hybrid driver Wrote:
> Parking should be free for hybrids and electrics.

You should drive off the top level.

Posted by: Nissan Leaf ()
Date: April 06, 2017 08:59AM

hybrid driver Wrote:
> Parking should be free for hybrids and electrics.

A few charging stations would be nice roo!

Posted by: Mudshark ()
Date: April 06, 2017 09:03AM

Parking should be free for hybrids and electrics? No way! Why should gays get any special privilege?

Posted by: Fox News. ()
Date: April 06, 2017 09:03AM

Nissan Leaf Wrote:
> hybrid driver Wrote:
> -----
> > Parking should be free for hybrids and
> electrics.
>
>
> A few charging stations would be nice roo!

A glory hole station also...

Posted by: Pac man player ()
Date: April 06, 2017 09:22AM

Fox News. Wrote:
> Nissan Leaf Wrote:
> -----
> > hybrid driver Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Parking should be free for hybrids and
> > electrics.
> >
> >
> > A few charging stations would be nice roo!
>
>
> A glory hole station also...

No way! Why should republicans get any special privilege?

Posted by: Sherman ()
Date: April 06, 2017 04:05PM

biscuit lover Wrote:
> Hey all you fucks complaining about paid parking,
> this is America and RTC is a legal privately owned
> company company. They are free to do what they
> want. You people must hate America. If you don't
> like the paid parking then stay the fuck away.
> If the tenants don't like the paid parking then
> they are free to move away at the end of their
> lease, we will have no problem getting a new
> tenant in there.
>
> Fuck all you anti-American people.

That's true. Lots of people are all about rights and freedoms until they don't agree with something.

Posted by: Brandon JMU ()
Date: April 06, 2017 08:31PM

I can see how the paid parking will help keep the low rent people away. It is a great idea and yes it should be paid parking 7 days a week.

Date: April 07, 2017 04:59AM

The people protesting the parking fees are a bunch of crybaby freaks. Just look at these anti-American bitches!
Attachments:
rtc biyches0RF7.jpg

Posted by: Whack Jack ()
Date: April 07, 2017 05:32AM

Went to RTC for the first time a few days ago since paid parking was introduced. What a disaster. It's prettt easy to pay online or sign up for the app to be honest but it seems you can only pay in 1 hour blocks. Validation has to occur before your time runs out as well. What a joke. It is quite annoying and a hassle.

It looks like a lot of the businesses/restaurants are dead compared to what I would expect. This is clearly taking a "toll" on revenue.

Sad.

Posted by: JmvnJ ()
Date: April 07, 2017 11:03AM

I used to visit the restaurants there every couple of months, but have not been back since they started this parking nonsense. (And won't be back.)

Posted by: BP has Rights ()
Date: April 07, 2017 11:10AM

I have been re-reading the United States Constitution, and I fail to find anything that specifically grants anyone the right to park their car for free.

Posted by: 4vCcT ()
Date: April 07, 2017 02:48PM

It's a rip off and too complicated - I go to other centers where there are the same shops and parking is free.

Posted by: Hey Joe ()
Date: April 07, 2017 03:58PM

BP has Rights Wrote:
> I have been re-reading the United States
> Constitution, and I fail to find anything that
> specifically grants anyone the right to park their
> car for free.

Obviously you haven't read the Constitution in its entirety. Even if you had it's evident that reading comprehension isn't your thing. Nobody is saying that this is unconstitutional. They're saying it's a pain in the ass and a hassle, so they're angry and going elsewhere. RTC ain't the only game in town. Bruh.

Oh, and BP can kiss my big, fat, black, rippling ass. You're not getting any sheckles from me.

Date: April 07, 2017 08:52PM

I wonder why these parking fee protesters are so selfish? They expect someone else to bear the expense of their parking needs? Fuck them and their Anti-American ideals.

Posted by: BP Up Yours 2 ()
Date: April 07, 2017 09:23PM

They are already paying for parking. The rent the landlord charges the tenant business includes the value of providing parking for the tenant's customers. In setting his price for the goods and services it sells, the tenant business takes into consideration its costs of doing business, including the rent it pays. When the customer buys those goods or services the customer is indirectly paying for the parking.

Posted by: G6D9H ()
Date: April 07, 2017 09:52PM

I prefer Fairfax Corner.

Posted by: RTC lover ()
Date: April 08, 2017 08:29AM

I saw some really douchie looking guy with one of those bumblebee suction things stuck to his windshield yesterday. He was all pissed off and was screaming into his phone. I sat there and watched him have his hissy fit. Funny as hell!

Posted by: w7tTp ()
Date: April 08, 2017 05:36PM

Go ahead. Download that app!

What information is it stealing from you and how is it tracking you given Boston Properties wants to monetize everything?

I'll bet they're selling all your cell info for $$$$$$$$

Posted by: Some people expect a free ride ()
Date: April 08, 2017 07:03PM

Hey Joe Wrote:
> BP has Rights Wrote:
> -----
> > I have been re-reading the United States
> > Constitution, and I fail to find anything that
> > specifically grants anyone the right to park
> their
> > car for free.
>
> Obviously you haven't read the Constitution in its
> entirety. Even if you had it's evident that
> reading comprehension isn't your thing. Nobody is
> saying that this is unconstitutional. They're
> saying it's a pain in the ass and a hassle, so
> they're angry and going elsewhere. RTC ain't the
> only game in town. Bruh.
>
> Oh, and BP can kiss my big, fat, black, rippling
> ass. You're not getting any sheckles from me.

Take your nigger food stamps somewhere else- Who cares.

Posted by: ticker 9 ()
Date: April 09, 2017 02:46AM

w7tTp Wrote:
> Go ahead. Download that app!
>
> What information is it stealing from you and how
> is it tracking you given Boston Properties wants
> to monetize everything?
>
> I'll bet they're selling all your cell info for
> $$$$$$$$

The app is just fine. Just a normal app.

Posted by: YWUUD ()
Date: April 09, 2017 08:13AM

ticker 9 Wrote:
>
> The app is just fine. Just a normal app.

That app on public wifi = hacked info.

Identity theft petri plate.

Posted by: Boston Property ()
Date: April 09, 2017 12:42PM

Boston properties is making a colossal mistake with this parking fiasco. They need to wake up and just can the whole idea.

I speak for thousands of area customers. I have not been back to Reston town Center since January, nor do I plan on ever coming back until the cost for parking is removed.

Posted by: L4Mb4 ()
Date: April 09, 2017 06:28PM

L4Mb4

Posted by: SAVE RESTON! ()
Date: April 27, 2017 09:14AM

IN other words, RES is dead so f off.

So basically Boston Properties said screw the idea and original plan of Reston, we're going to rape pillage Reston for every dime we can get.

However, he defended the decision to charge for parking, noting that Reston is an "urban location" with primarily structure parking, and with the coming arrival of mass transit to the region with the Reston Town Center Metro station, it's "not uncommon" to have paid parking in an area with such high population density.

He described ParkRTC as a "state-of-the-art parking system" being utilized by cities across the United States, and there have been a total of 140,000 users at RTC so far.

The decision to switch from free to paid parking through the ParkRTC system in January has caused a revolt among RTC tenants, who claim they are seeing revenues plummet as visitors abandon the area to shop elsewhere. One RTC tenant has sued, and many others have organized into the Reston Merchants Association to oppose ParkRTC and potentially file their own lawsuit.

BOYCOTT ALL BOSTON PROPERTIES Goto to where all the yuppies are going now, Lake Anne Plaza or one of the other free parking plazas around the area.

Posted by: A Place Called Reston ()
Date: April 27, 2017 09:17AM

BOSTON Properties still doesn't get the concept of Reston -

Wake up!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn5eHyn51nY

Posted by: Typical American KKKapitalism ()
Date: April 27, 2017 09:29AM

Boston properties is typical of most big companies in this country. They have a good thing going then they get greedy and start to shit all over it by nickel and diming everyone(including their own employees) and screw everyone(including themselves over in the end).

Luckily One Loudoun is starting to really get up and running (and building plenty of free parking btw) so RTC business, customers, and tenets can head over there.

SAVE RESTON! Wrote:
> IN other words, RES is dead so f off.
>
> So basically Boston Properties said screw the idea
> and original plan of Reston, we're going to rape
> pillage Reston for every dime we can get.
>
> However, he defended the decision to charge for
> parking, noting that Reston is an "urban location"
> with primarily structure parking, and with the
> coming arrival of mass transit to the region with
> the Reston Town Center Metro station, it's "not
> uncommon" to have paid parking in an area with
> such high population density.
>
> He described ParkRTC as a "state-of-the-art
> parking system" being utilized by cities across
> the United States, and there have been a total of
> 140,000 users at RTC so far.
>
> The decision to switch from free to paid parking
> through the ParkRTC system in January has caused a
> revolt among RTC tenants, who claim they are
> seeing revenues plummet as visitors abandon the
> area to shop elsewhere. One RTC tenant has sued,
> and many others have organized into the Reston
> Merchants Association to oppose ParkRTC and
> potentially file their own lawsuit.

>
> BOYCOTT ALL BOSTON PROPERTIES Goto to
> where all the yuppies are going now, Lake Anne
> Plaza or one of the other free parking plazas
> around the area.

Posted by: Shame about the RTC ()
Date: April 27, 2017 10:25AM

Typical American KKKapitalism Wrote:
> Boston properties is typical of most big companies
> in this country. They have a good thing going then
> they get greedy and start to shit all over it by
> nickel and diming everyone(including their own
> employees) and screw everyone(including themselves
> over in the end).
>
> Luckily One Loudoun is starting to really get up
> and running (and building plenty of free parking
> btw) so RTC business, customers, and tenets can
> head over there.
>
> SAVE RESTON! Wrote:
> -----
> > IN other words, RES is dead so f off.
> >
> > So basically Boston Properties said screw the
> idea
> > and original plan of Reston, we're going to
> rape
> > pillage Reston for every dime we can get.
> >
> > However, he defended the decision to charge
> for
> > parking, noting that Reston is an "urban
> location"
> > with primarily structure parking, and with the
> > coming arrival of mass transit to the region
> with
> > the Reston Town Center Metro station, it's
> "not
> > uncommon" to have paid parking in an area with
> > such high population density.
> >
> > He described ParkRTC as a "state-of-the-art
> > parking system" being utilized by cities across
> > the United States, and there have been a total
> of
> > 140,000 users at RTC so far.
> >
> > The decision to switch from free to paid
> parking
> > through the ParkRTC system in January has caused
> a
> > revolt among RTC tenants, who claim they are
> > seeing revenues plummet as visitors abandon the
> > area to shop elsewhere. One RTC tenant has
> sued,
> > and many others have organized into the Reston
> > Merchants Association to oppose ParkRTC and
> > potentially file their own lawsuit.

> >
> > BOYCOTT ALL BOSTON PROPERTIES Goto to
> > where all the yuppies are going now, Lake Anne
> > Plaza or one of the other free parking plazas
> > around the area.

I have to agree. One Loudoun Town Center knows how to do a Town Center right. They have free parking. Tons of free weekend events, the Redskin restaurant, Top Golf and SKY diving adventures.

It's no wonder all the yuppies and rich Reston people have abandoned the Reston Town Center and now to go One Loudoun.

Sucks that Boston Properties ruined the Reston Town Center. What a complete disaster for Boston Property investors. They should of listened to the Reston community hearings.

Posted by: Never again ()
Date: April 27, 2017 10:49AM

I'll never go there again. It's rediculous considering all of the other options in Fairfax Co. to take your business.

Posted by: A Fool and His Money ()
Date: April 27, 2017 12:11PM

Why would anyone pay for parking in Reston? That's a no brainer. You'd have to be a complete idiot to do that.

Posted by: Loudounite ()
Date: April 27, 2017 12:28PM

I've lived in Reston/Sterling for nearly 20 years now, and have been to RTC probably a hundred times.

I have not been since December, but I may go on some future weekend and support the vendors. The problem is I don't think about RTC any more as I've subconsciously blocked it on my list of "places to go."

I've heard One Loudoun will implement paid parking in the future. Sure, all the Guptas and Husseins will bring their brats to play in the fountain, but the Americans will dump One Loudoun liked they dumped RTC if they try a money grab. Let this be a warning to them.

Posted by: BXP Investor ()
Date: April 27, 2017 12:54PM

Shame about the RTC Wrote:
> Typical American KKKapitalism Wrote:
> What a complete disaster for Boston
> Property investors. They should of listened to the
> Reston community hearings.

Your 1st world problems protests, boycott calls and LOLsuites wont make the slightest dent in Boston properties which is worth over 18 billion dollars.

Posted by: 3thuD ()
Date: April 27, 2017 01:07PM

Your mistake is you assume the RTC paid parking situation was created at the top. It was created by some middle level manager who is responsible for overseeing the RTC property. If the income from RTC drops, it won't make much difference in BP's overall financial condition, but it could result in that middle level manager getting sacked for his poor management.

Posted by: TLGdU ()
Date: April 27, 2017 01:18PM

BXP Investor Wrote:
> Shame about the RTC Wrote:
> -----
> > Typical American KKKapitalism Wrote:
> >
>
> > What a complete disaster for Boston
> > Property investors. They should of listened to
> the
> > Reston community hearings.
>
> Your 1st world problems protests, boycott calls
> and LOLsuites wont make the slightest dent in
> Boston properties which is worth over 18 billion
> dollars.

True. The only thing that will get their attention is a death of some kind. Perhaps a shooting, or perhaps someone having a heart attack while trying to find a payment station.

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.