HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Broken front suspension arm...Jeep dealer won't honor warranty
Posted by: JeepKillah. ()
Date: March 22, 2017 09:03PM

2016 Jeep Rubicon w/8,000 miles

I hit a pothole the other day and broke a suspension arm. When I took it into the dealer, they took a look and came back and said, "There's mud splashed on this vehicle...this clearly happened off-road and we don't warranty for that. The repair is $853 inclusive of parts and labor...how do you wish to proceed?"

I said, "Well, I have the incident on dash cam. And yes, I spent some time on a smooth, graveled fire road which is also on the dash cam."

When I showed the service writer the footage, he said, "Yep, it broke when you went through the pothole but, you made no effort to avoid the pothole."

I said, "It was dark, on a secondary road, there were no street lights and I was driving the speed limit. I didn't know it was there until I hit it. All of which is again...on the dash cam."

He said, "That's not what happened and we can't repair this under warranty."

What a bunch of horse crap. Trail rated but...not pot hole rated, apparently. Fucking fantastic to have a busted Jeep that I'm making payments on that I can't drive...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Broken front suspension arm...Jeep dealer won't honor warranty
Posted by: grab them by the ()
Date: March 22, 2017 09:13PM

what do you call someone who won't name the shite dealer who bent them over ?

Posted by: hombre ()
Date: March 22, 2017 09:20PM

just park it in baileys crossroads for a week with a window slightly open and an EBT card inside and someone will take it off your hands

Posted by: Louie Chevrolet ()
Date: March 22, 2017 09:26PM

Next time by a Chevrolet!

Posted by: sdfgve ()
Date: March 22, 2017 10:11PM

All you have to do is talk to the manager, you obviously have the proof and if that doesn't work contact Jeep directly with all of the names and evidence and how they blamed it on off-roading. Make sure to only tell the manager you will be following through with this after he denies you and you want his full name.

Dealerships will try anything to get out of a warrenty...as long as you stick with it they will cave in.

Posted by: Pothole manager ()
Date: March 22, 2017 10:17PM

sorry chief. Jeep/Chrysler is in no way responsible for you driving at night and hitting a pothole.

Posted by: Arlington native ()
Date: March 22, 2017 10:30PM

More and more I've noticed in the last few years that warranties are becoming increasingly difficult to have honored. I had an engine blow in a Chevy pickup a couple of years ago within 4 thousand miles of the covered time. I took me three weeks and several visits and a promise, not a threat, to move it into civil court if necessary to let someone impartial decide tge matter. After fixing my truck, I found out that this particular engine was known to be defective. They put a different engine in it. Be polite but persistent. And don't argue with them, use tge warranty that they gave you. Pull out the language that applies. Use it to make your point. Push up the chain of command one position at a time untill they live up to what they promised when you bought the vehicle. You can file for less tgan $50 if it comes to that. Press on.

Posted by: bm4yu ()
Date: March 22, 2017 10:32PM

Consider it a sign that can finally dump a worthless jeep. Nobody drives Jeeps in NOVA.

Posted by: jeep driver ()
Date: March 22, 2017 10:36PM

I was driving on the highway and hit some ruts made out of re-frozen snow/ice at high speed. Was like hitting rocks. Had to replace a bunch of stuff to get it aligned right.

Posted by: G9VKn ()
Date: March 22, 2017 11:08PM

I didn't know that warranties today covered road conditions.

Call the manufacturer. If they won't direct the dealer to fix it for you, then pay the dealer to fix it under protest and then sue the dealer and manufacturer both to recover the cost in small claims court. Chances are one or the other won't show up and you will get a judgment. Collecting it is another matter.

Date: March 23, 2017 12:23AM

Post the name of the sales associate or whoever you spoke with and if you get enough people calling this guy eventually he will get the message not screwing over hard-working Americans who have to pay for their fucking cars or you can just take it to Facebook and drive their ratings down with multiple spam accounts

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2017 12:23AM by Make America Great Again.

Posted by: J Man ()
Date: March 23, 2017 01:09AM

I'm sure every other vehicle that hit it didn't suffer the same fate. Should be a warranty issue.

Jeep/Chrysler is terrible. I knew a guy that bought a commander and had his seat heater catch on fire...twice. And if you owned a Chrysler in the 80s or 90s you pretty much had to factor in the price of a transmission replacement into the cost of ownership.

Posted by: NOVA Dickweed ()
Date: March 23, 2017 01:50AM

Don't listen to any of these other fucking idiots.

1) Call Jeep/Dodge corporate. Tell them what happened and explain to them that this dealership is trying to dick you over.

2) Get on social media. Facebook, Twitter, whatever. If they have a sponsored account with a picture of the latest Jeep, type your story in there and be sure to tag them in it. You will get an answer within hours if not minutes. Posting pictures helps here as well.

3) Don't ever buy a fucking Jeep again.

Posted by: Mike O'Meara Show Fan ()
Date: March 23, 2017 02:46AM

The speed limit is the maximum speed under ideal circumstances of road and weather. You were driving the speed limit at night on an unlit road. It's too bad you fucked up.

Posted by: gated driveway ()
Date: March 23, 2017 04:55AM

The real issue here is that the OP is poorly educated and financially challenged. He is so poor that he has to rely on a bank to lend him the money to purchase a modest vehicle and a mere 853 American dollars is somehow a significant outlay of cash for this poor man. I am guessing he voted for Trump.

Posted by: Cgjz ()
Date: March 23, 2017 06:25AM

A dealership will bend over the second you call corporate . Did it with a large Ford dealership a few years ago, should have told that asswipe mud is everywhere and just about every car on planet earth has splashes under the suspension . when you go ape on these morons they always cave.

Posted by: Lee Iococca ()
Date: March 23, 2017 06:26AM

So, I hear you saying that future Jeep purchases are unlikely.

Could I interest you in a different Chrysler product, perhaps?

Posted by: Pay attention ()
Date: March 23, 2017 07:23AM

That is like you hitting a tree and bending a bumper and asking for the warranty to cover it. That is not a warranty claim. That is an insurance claim.

Posted by: Danny Boy ()
Date: March 23, 2017 07:34AM

My Jeep ran out of gas, and the dealer refused to fix it! Wah! Bad dealer! Bad Jeep!

OP, you must be a dumbass liberal snowflake! Man up and take responsibilty for your failed driving skills!

Posted by: Worth a try ()
Date: March 23, 2017 07:50AM

Contact VDOT and show them the footage. They are supposed to keep the roads in passable condition - you're a taxpayer. Make them pay for it. I heard some time ago that you can put in a claim for damage caused by potholes, but I'm not sure if is true or not. Check it out.

Posted by: mjs ()
Date: March 23, 2017 08:19AM

you had an accident. accidents are not covered by warranties.

trail rated yes. buy you generally don't go trail riding at 40+ mph stresses and impacts at trail speeds are going to be a lot less than hitting a bad pothole at speed.

fix it. pay for it, tell them you want all the old parts. and then begin your fight.

essentially you will have to prove that the arm failed as a result of poor manufacturing.

read section 3 of your warranty. Section 3 of your warranty manual (entitled, "What's Not Covered"), expressly excludes coverage for "conditions resulting from anything impacting the vehicle" as well as damage caused by "abuse or negligence" and "misuse — for example, driving over curbs or overloading."

Posted by: Your first mistake ()
Date: March 23, 2017 08:19AM

Your first mistake was buying a JK...for you mall crawlers that stands for "Just Kidding" next time be a real Jeeper and get you a TJ..."Tough Jeep".

Posted by: Grape Fantam ()
Date: March 23, 2017 08:37AM

Arthur Treacher's has great fish and chips...

Posted by: NippleChuck ()
Date: March 23, 2017 08:46AM

J Man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm sure every other vehicle that hit it didn't
> suffer the same fate. Should be a warranty issue.
>
> Jeep/Chrysler is terrible. I knew a guy that
> bought a commander and had his seat heater catch
> on fire...twice. And if you owned a Chrysler in
> the 80s or 90s you pretty much had to factor in
> the price of a transmission replacement into the
> cost of ownership.

Seat heaters in a jeep. Has America has turned into a bunch of Blouse wearing thumb suckers? Jeeps are for this.

OP there is a section of Vdot that will reimburse you for damage done to your car from potholes. May not be full value but it will help with costs. As for your dealer quit whining here and write to the owner of the dealership you bought it from and complain about the service manager or fix it yourself and quit being such a girly little bitch. What a bunch of fucking pussies.

Nip
Attachments:
Jeep - Copy.jpg

Posted by: Here's what I would do ()
Date: March 23, 2017 08:47AM

I would clean off the mud and bring it to another Jeep dealer. It doesn't matter if you bring it to a different place than where you purchased it. You will possibly have to go through the same motions of showing them the dash cam video, but chances are they will fix it under warranty.

If you ask one parent and they say "no", just go to the other parent. LOL!

All joking aside, dealerships are like every other business. Some are better than others. Some do so much business that they don't sweat the small stuff. Others seem to make the service managers and writers responsible for every penny, so of course those are the ones that will give you pushback! Dealers get reimbursed for warranty repairs, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Years ago I purchased a brand new pick up truck. A couple of months later I got a flat tire, so I went to change it myself. The bottle jack that came with the truck didn't work. It would just spin and spin and not raise up. I brought it into the dealer that I purchased the truck and asked them to replace it. The service manager refused. I was confused, as the warranty stated that it was bumper to bumper. They tried to tell me that it was just the truck that was warrantied, not any accessories. I didn't want to argue, so I went out into the parking lot and asked to test drive another truck. Back then, the salespeople didn't go with you. I drove it around the corner, removed the bottle jack, then drove back to the dealership. I told them that I would let them know about the truck. Of course, I only test drove it for the jack.

There's easy ways to solve problems. Sometimes you just have to spend a little extra time to do it!

Posted by: fj cruiser ()
Date: March 23, 2017 09:01AM

This is why I switched to Toyotas years ago. Toyota would have fixed the vehicle and given a free loaner car till it was done, no questions asked.

Posted by: Skankhunt42 ()
Date: March 23, 2017 12:07PM

Honda doesn't honor warranties on failed batteries for their hybrid vehicles in Virginia. And the gov't won't make them.

Posted by: Jeep Driver 2 ()
Date: March 23, 2017 12:27PM

I ran into a jersey wall and totaled my Jeep. The dealer refuses to fix it under warranty! I'm outraged! And my mom is going to be pissed!

Posted by: ijeeptoyou ()
Date: March 23, 2017 01:47PM

Jeep Driver 2 Wrote:
> I ran into a jersey wall and totaled my Jeep. The
> dealer refuses to fix it under warranty! I'm
> outraged! And my mom is going to be pissed!

I'm pretty sure you, the i ran out of gas guy, and I ran my jeep in to a tree guy are all the same person since all of your logic is... well lets just say that of the jeep dealership in question.

I'm going to assume he wasn't driving his jeep inappropriately and is detailed on a camera, which should be covered by a the warranty.

Did jeep expect him to buy a car, pay extra for the obviously shit warranty and keep it parked in his garage every second?

Posted by: Jeeper ()
Date: March 23, 2017 02:29PM

You hit a pothole!! It's insurance related, this didn't fail from normal road conditions or from manufacturer defect. Call your insurance.

Posted by: First Mistake.......and the rest ()
Date: March 23, 2017 04:09PM

You were stupid for buying a jeer. Jeeps have been junk for the last 34 years.
They are aimed for yuppie wannabes.

Posted by: CytH6 ()
Date: March 23, 2017 04:17PM

Jeeper Wrote:
> You hit a pothole!! It's insurance related, this
> didn't fail from normal road conditions or from
> manufacturer defect. Call your insurance.

This.

No fault of the manufacturer or vehicle.

Posted by: local... ()
Date: March 23, 2017 05:35PM

Um, "suspension arm" ? I've got a Rubi sitting in from of me, and it, and the newer ones are sold axle...So....

Posted by: local... ()
Date: March 23, 2017 05:36PM

local... Wrote:
> Um, "suspension arm" ? I've got a Rubi sitting in
> from of me, and it, and the newer ones are sold
> axle...So....

Damn autocorrect meant "solid" not sold.Dana 44 to be exact.

Posted by: Shockerz ()
Date: March 23, 2017 05:47PM

local... Wrote:
> Um, "suspension arm" ? I've got a Rubi sitting in
> from of me, and it, and the newer ones are sold
> axle...So....

Wait.. You're saying that a post on FFXU is bullshit?

9GA9g.gif

Posted by: Pay Attention again ()
Date: March 23, 2017 06:28PM

" I didn't know it was there until I hit it. "
So, if you hit a deer that you didn't know was there until you hit it that would be a warranty claim?
PS, what is a "suspension arm"? An upper or lower control arm, a tie rod?
Neither of which is expensive or difficult to replace yourself. Look it up and you will find many you tube videos showing you how. Will probably be cheaper than your insurance deductible.
Warranties are not for accidents.

Posted by: zimm ()
Date: March 23, 2017 07:05PM

Call around to some of the offroad shops like chaos fab in winchester. They have piles of stock suspension arms, probably for free. Which arm was it? $853 is a crock of shit. Get a stock take off arm for free or a 12 pack of beer and it's 2 bolts to put it in.

Posted by: BLM ()
Date: March 23, 2017 07:13PM

I would go into the dealership screaming about the racist people that work there, and that you are a victim.

Posted by: Joel CC ()
Date: March 23, 2017 08:05PM

You bought a Jeep......

Posted by: Asian cars #1 ()
Date: March 23, 2017 09:34PM

Serves you right for buying a piece of shit Jeep

Posted by: Xi Jinping ()
Date: March 24, 2017 07:18AM

Sir, please consider a BYD S6. You will be pleased.

Posted by: Dat guy ()
Date: March 24, 2017 07:22AM

The warranty covers manufacturer defects and failure of parts.

Not damage to parts because you hit something. That's insurance.

The fuck is wrong with most of you? Op, buck up and quit being a snowflake. You HIT a pot hole. It's something you did whether intentional or not. There's a lot that happens when a 4000lb vehicle is in motion and strikes a hole or object, and that doesn't mean it's defective.

Posted by: Imam mami ()
Date: March 24, 2017 07:57AM

Dealer discriminated against OP for being a muzzie. Time to strap on the belt bomb and go all "Aloha Snackbar" on them!

Posted by: Restonite ()
Date: March 24, 2017 09:10AM

In the DC metro area, it's really just girls who tool around in Jeeps. They think they are buying a tough, reliable vehicle and buy them because they think it's a well thought out purchase.
Jeeps are fairly good for their transmissions and 4 wheel drive capabilities but are not reliable otherwise and DO NOT hold their value at all.

Posted by: KBB ()
Date: March 24, 2017 11:06AM

Restonite Wrote:
> In the DC metro area, it's really just girls who
> tool around in Jeeps. They think they are buying a
> tough, reliable vehicle and buy them because they
> think it's a well thought out purchase.
> Jeeps are fairly good for their transmissions and
> 4 wheel drive capabilities but are not reliable
> otherwise and DO NOT hold their value at all.

You're completely clueless. Jeeps have some of the highest retained values.

https://www.kbb.com/new-cars/best-resale-value-awards/best-resale-top-10-cars/
https://www.forbes.com/pictures/ehmk45fkgd/1-jeep-wrangler/#9d5c7cd799f6
http://www.autotrader.com/best-cars/toyota-lexus-and-jeep-wrangler-shine-for-resale-137686
Etc...

Posted by: 400,000 Miles - 4runner ()
Date: March 24, 2017 11:08AM

Jeeps, LOL

Posted by: Lockers ()
Date: March 24, 2017 11:42AM

400,000 Miles - 4runner Wrote:
> Jeeps, LOL

4Runner are a better around-town woman's SUV.

The Rubicon pwns you off road.

You won't understand why.

Date: March 24, 2017 02:01PM

KBB wrote that Jeeps hold their value, then cited a couple of automotive news magazines as sources to make his argument.

KBB has fallen into the consumer trap of believing in the hype that is so willingly provided by the automotive industry, the car makers PAY the magazines to be featured in their issues.

In the 80's Chevy had an ad campaign, "Like a Rock" and some people like KBB believed the hype and bought their cars, and got rocks.

Try doing some research that is conducted by purchasers and owners of the Jeeps, check out consumer reports and I can guarantee that you will not be buying one, for many reasons not to mention resale value.

Jeep...Geez, you probably voted for Hillary too!

Posted by: 400,000 Miles - 4runner ()
Date: March 24, 2017 02:11PM

Lockers Wrote:
> 400,000 Miles - 4runner Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Jeeps, LOL
>
>
> 4Runner are a better around-town woman's SUV.
>
> The Rubicon pwns you off road.
>
> You won't understand why.

Too bad the Rubicon would break down before it gets to the trail. I don't go to faggy trails to ride around in my SUV. I bought my SUV to haul my boat, get me around in bad weather and to reliably take me all over North America. I wouldn't trust a new Jeep 5,000 miles away from home, never mind a 15 year old Jeep.

Posted by: KBB ()
Date: March 24, 2017 02:53PM

Restonite Wrote:
> KBB wrote that Jeeps hold their value, then cited
> a couple of automotive news magazines as sources
> to make his argument.
>
> KBB has fallen into the consumer trap of believing
> in the hype that is so willingly provided by the
> automotive industry, the car makers PAY the
> magazines to be featured in their issues.
>
> In the 80's Chevy had an ad campaign, "Like a
> Rock" and some people like KBB believed the hype
> and bought their cars, and got rocks.
>
> Try doing some research that is conducted by
> purchasers and owners of the Jeeps, check out
> consumer reports and I can guarantee that you will
> not be buying one, for many reasons not to mention
> resale value.
>
> Jeep...Geez, you probably voted for Hillary too!

KBB is Kelly Blue Book.

You know... The one that tracks resale values.

The fact is that Jeeps hold their value very well and you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Posted by: The Wheels on the Bus go O&O.... ()
Date: March 24, 2017 05:17PM

KBB Wrote:
> Restonite Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > KBB wrote that Jeeps hold their value, then
> cited
> > a couple of automotive news magazines as
> sources
> > to make his argument.
> >
> > KBB has fallen into the consumer trap of
> believing
> > in the hype that is so willingly provided by
> the
> > automotive industry, the car makers PAY the
> > magazines to be featured in their issues.
> >
> > In the 80's Chevy had an ad campaign, "Like a
> > Rock" and some people like KBB believed the
> hype
> > and bought their cars, and got rocks.
> >
> > Try doing some research that is conducted by
> > purchasers and owners of the Jeeps, check out
> > consumer reports and I can guarantee that you
> will
> > not be buying one, for many reasons not to
> mention
> > resale value.
> >
> > Jeep...Geez, you probably voted for Hillary
> too!
>
>
> KBB is Kelly Blue Book.
>
> You know... The one that tracks resale values.
>
> The fact is that Jeeps hold their value very well
> and you don't know what the fuck you're talking
> about.

Jeeps hold their value because morons fixate on them. I bet you have a collection of pet rocks, also.

Posted by: reader of stuff ()
Date: March 25, 2017 06:04AM

The April issue of Consumer reports just came out. By the data they collected from 6 million consumers the three worst vehicle brands, lowest for customer satisfaction and worst frequency of repair,

Fiat
Mini Cooper
JEEP!

^^ The worst of the worst.

Date: March 25, 2017 10:20AM

reader of stuff Wrote:
> The April issue of Consumer reports just came out.
> By the data they collected from 6 million
> consumers the three worst vehicle brands, lowest
> for customer satisfaction and worst frequency of
> repair,
>
> Fiat
> Mini Cooper
> JEEP!
>
> ^^ The worst of the worst.

Hello, KBB... are you there?
KBB?
Guess he's stuck on the side of the road!

Date: March 25, 2017 10:21AM

Hey KBB did you read the post from "reader of stuff"?
KBB?

Put an APB out for KBB he's in his CHEAP, I mean JEEP.

Posted by: Cheep ()
Date: March 25, 2017 03:25PM

Zipperhead

Posted by: Automotive expert ()
Date: March 25, 2017 04:02PM

Nobody who makes his living in the automotive industry takes Kelly blue book seriously except for sales guys (fuck them) and other types of idiots.

I know that the industry needs sales guys (fuck them) but that does not mean I have to like them. If I saw a sales guy (fuck him) on the side of the road in the desert dying of thirst I would not stop even if I had 3 cases of deer park in the trunk. Sales guys (fuck them) are the scum of the earth.

NADA is the only way to go.
http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars

Posted by: Ludwig ()
Date: March 25, 2017 04:52PM

JEEP = Just Empty Every Pocket

Posted by: zimm ()
Date: March 25, 2017 06:22PM

Jeeps are awesome if you use them to their potential. They make terrible commuter cars if you never go off-road. I actually do, and use the jeep as a hobby. 2 years and 16000 miles and zero issues.

Consumer Reports is for people who like gerbil cars like prius and their top rated SUV- Highlander hybrid. Sure it's the best soccer mom mobile, but it'll get stuck in a mud puddle.

If the OP is as dumb as he sounds, enjoy paying $853 for a new suspension arm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2017 06:22PM by zimm.

Posted by: 495 ain't in Idaho, boys ()
Date: March 25, 2017 07:29PM

Jeeps are still built for wannabes trying to gain a tough guy image from a bygone era. If you have to have AC, power steering and a automatic then you are a class A pussy. Get real, you live in a urban environment.
Attachments:
IMG_1210.JPG
IMG_1211.JPG

Posted by: Jeep guy ()
Date: March 26, 2017 10:25AM

I do some off roading, mostly in the National forests and I love my jeep, it gets me to where I want to hunt fish and/or camp. No way in hell I am going to buy a brand new jeep for that. I buy the ones that some suburban pussy-man has been driving around for 7 to 10 years. I modify them slightly and occasionally damage them on the trail, all in good fun!
I have to laugh when I see some douche with a brand new 40 thousand dollar jeep in the backwoods.

Posted by: Bumpin ()
Date: March 26, 2017 08:21PM

Bump

Posted by: Pussy's drive Rubicon's ()
Date: March 26, 2017 09:54PM

A real man's truck
Attachments:
IMG_1212.JPG

Posted by: kyle law ()
Date: March 28, 2017 08:35PM

Pussy's drive Rubicon's Wrote:
> A real man's truck

Looks cool. Is that a Toyota Land cruiser?

Posted by: Fantom.Shitter ()
Date: March 28, 2017 09:13PM

It looks like what a faggot drives. What the fuck...were they out of pink ones?

Posted by: Jeepie-weepie ()
Date: March 29, 2017 07:04AM

You broke my car.
Attachments:
file-42.gif

Posted by: Need to get an old TJ ()
Date: March 29, 2017 09:56AM

We have a '98 TJ sport with 200k miles on her. We just throw some parts at her every now and again to keep her lubed up and just right. Best car I've ever owned. Cheapest to repair, and only has broken down on me maybe 3 times in 7 years. You can have your foreign Yotas... #Murica

JK= Just Kidding
TJ= Though Jeep

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.