HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: Double Action Jackso ..DAJAX ! ()
Date: March 14, 2017 10:15PM

LOL..Not Today Baby!! I'm being a Asshole like the AT Fish Guy!!

OK Seriously..any reloading questions..Ill answer um best I can ..LOL And then we who know..can argue about it..LOL!! In True FXU Style!!

DAJAX

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: First question ()
Date: March 14, 2017 10:58PM

Is it safe to smoke my Marlboro reds while reloading?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: ammo is cheap now ()
Date: March 14, 2017 11:01PM

What's it cost you to reload 100 rounds of 9mm?

I can pick up a box of 100 brass 9mm rounds for $14 on sale these days.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: 9MM It Depends ()
Date: March 14, 2017 11:27PM

On jacketed bullets, good name brand stuff like Speer Gold Dots , Montana Gold 115 JHP cheaper bullets or 124 gr lead round nose. 9mms use about 4.5 grain of Unique..a all purpose powder for example theres 7000 grains in a pound of powder ..that 1550 some rounds for 25 bucks..way less then .01 cents a round tops .Then the bullets 100 Gold Dots are now about 24 dollars..500 Lead RN lead 50 bucks so .24 cents to .10 cents a bullet, primers are 34 a thousand in boxes of 1000 so 3.4 cents a primer, brass is cheap scrounged off ranges, if you buy it about 20 for 100 rounds..You can reuse the brass about 5 times no problems..So adding it up 50 Rounds of Speer Gold Dots are about 14 dollars or .28 cents each, less expensive bullets = less cost. 14.00 for 100 9mm..Thats a deal..Gotta be military surp FMJ..! Buying in bulk saves money too. Watch out for corrosive primers, clean the pistol with Ammonia right after shooting any corrosive ammo. And never use cheap ammo or reloads for life or death situations. Buy what the Cops use.. Federal or Speer Gold Dots 124 Gr + P .

DAJAX

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: 7 Bucks for 50 9mm Cheap Lead RN ()
Date: March 14, 2017 11:41PM

Lead Round Nose bullets .10 cents ..used brass freebies..4.5 gr Unique, Primer .034 round off to .04, .14 cents a round 14 dollars a hundred for practice shooting ammo.

DAJAX Don't shoot lead bullets thru Glocks..They have Polygon Rifling, rounded grooves and lead bullets seal better in a Glocks barrel building up more pressure, also Glocks have a unsupported chamber, plus leading in the bore can push pressures up with bullets over 900 fps.. So Don't Do It!! ..That's My Advice.

I shoot lead otta em and know all the ropes and how to load um.. your on your own with it..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: Rock Crusher ()
Date: March 14, 2017 11:43PM

You don't really save much if anything reloading common rounds that you can buy in bulk cheap like 9mm, 223/5.56, etc. Really not worth the trouble. You can load that to how you want it though and it's an advantage when ammo supply gets hard to find (assuming that you can still find primers and all anyway).

Where you start to save bigger money is when you're reloading hundreds of 12 gauge shells for skeet/trap, higher-power rifle cartridges, odd calibers that are hard to find otherwise.

Also for competition purposes you can load to the exact specs that work best for your gun.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: Ludwig ()
Date: March 14, 2017 11:47PM

ammo is cheap now Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What's it cost you to reload 100 rounds of 9mm?
>
> I can pick up a box of 100 brass 9mm rounds for
> $14 on sale these days.


????????????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: And the 4.5 Grain of Unique ()
Date: March 14, 2017 11:51PM

That's a standard load with certain weight bullets.. Not all 9mm bullets range from 110 gr to 147 as a norm.. So Gunpowder charges vary..Always consult a reputable reloading manual for any powder charge..when reloading ammunition Don't use any Internet advise. Speer, Lee, Sierra, Lyman, Hornady all make such reloading guides so consult their manuals or the gunpowder manufactures for safe loading specifications.

DAJAX

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: Henro ()
Date: March 15, 2017 10:45AM

Progressive or single ?

Do you Varget?

147 or 124 for 9mm.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: Mike O'Meara Show Fan ()
Date: March 15, 2017 04:17PM

I have a question: Why is DAJAX trying so hard to prove he's not a pussy? Who does he expect to fool?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: local... ()
Date: March 15, 2017 05:06PM

How much would you say it can cost to get a complete set of tools to reload? Been interested in learning for a long time but initial outlay outways ultimate savings cost so far. I've still saved a lot of .308, .556, .40, 30 Cal and . x39 cases. Would you run any powder in any caliber? What works best for you? Thanks man!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: ammo is cheap now ()
Date: March 15, 2017 06:23PM

Ludwig Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ammo is cheap now Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What's it cost you to reload 100 rounds of 9mm?
> >
> > I can pick up a box of 100 brass 9mm rounds for
> > $14 on sale these days.
>
>
> ????????????

!?!?!??!?!!?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: yKXXb ()
Date: March 15, 2017 07:00PM

Most of my buddies that load spend a LOT of time reloading. More of a love and hobby that a money saving exercise, because even with basic reloading equipment I do not think there is much money to be saved.

Punching primers, cleaning, tumbling, annealing, resizing, trimming the brass to actually loading. It is a hell of a lot of time, effort and work. But most of these guys load for Match/Competition so this is why they reload.

Bunches of cash in reloading equipment that is partially automated or at least has 1 motor moving at least brass or primers. Magnetic annealers and motorized shapers, all kinds of crazy stuff.

One advantage in loading yourself it you can load what you what with the performance you want. Subsonic, mid muzzle speed, high muzzle speed, Blackout specials and so forth.

Picking up brass at the range that you shoot plus getting brass that you find on the ground. Some people save their brass and give it to my buddies.

My 17 year old loves to go over and prep and help out, he learns a lot while getting his hands dirty, but at the same time has very great respect for firearms and what it costs to be involved and how the ammo factors in to competitive shooting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: College Of Loading Knowledge ()
Date: March 15, 2017 08:46PM

>How much would you say it can cost to get a complete set of tools to reload

10 bucks for a Good Pair of Safety Glasses..Thats #1

You have 5 rifle calibers listed .Ill start by saying the best way to get started is with a single station reloading press. That's so you'll be aware of each operation you preform and really get to know what your doing.

Heres some used Good Presses for about 75 bucks on ebay .These are the RCBS Jr. They stopped making them long ago, their not as heavy as a Rockchucker and do not have the compound linkage the Rockchucker has ..but a good single station press. And the prices are decent..The Rockchuckers go for at least 100 on ebay..You know the drill..If you always wanted a Cadillac buy a Cadillac..A New Rockchucker is about $ 170

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xrcbs+jr+press.TRS0&_nkw=rcbs+jr+press&_sacat=0

Theres all kinds of reloading items on ebay..buyer beware, dies can be gouged,,ect or brand new..

Loading dies are next , they are about 40 dollars for a set for the rifle calibers, more for pistol carbide dies. Many places make good dies, RCBS is a excellent die, Redding is too, Lee are decent and cheap, Lee dies come with a shellholder for the press to hold the shell, other wise there about 7 dollars each or for 35 bucks buy a set of them. You will need a case lube pad RCBS or other brand and some case lube or spray 15 dollars for both. A hand held case trim tool from RCBS or Lyman 18 dollars to get rid of burrs and to gently chamfer case necks if needed. A case neck lube brush for each caliber is about 5 dollars each .

Shell cases stretch as they are fired especially in rifle cartridges, Lee makes cheap case trimming tools about 8 dollars for each caliber. I have a Forster Case trimmer and pilots , there about 80 dollars. I also have a Dillon .223 electric case trimmer that's 300 +..that stuff can come later..LOL

Next Up is a Powder scale, you have gotta have one..80-150 dollars RCBS is good. They made a scale that is about 175 also. There are electronic scales also cheap as 40 dollars but I advise a manual scale if your going to have just 1.

Next is a Powder thrower, Hornday or RCBS are good, Lymans #55 too. All about 80 dollars. And add a RCBS powder trickler, you set the powder measure for a slightly less charge weight, then trickle in powder grain by grain for a exact charge if that's what you want..For standard factory type loads you just use the Powder Measure,,The Trickler is about 20 dollars.

Now a priming system,for the shell cases the press comes with a priming arm, they prime shell by shell..it is painstaking..Much better is a Lee Priming tool about 25 dollars and they take their own shell holders for the priming tool a set of them 25 dollars or each about 4 dollars.

A Primer tray hold 100 primes, you put the box on the tray and put the cover on it, it will turn the primers right side up for placing in the Lee priming tool or other priming systems..There about 8 dollars from RCBS

If you make a mistake a bullet puller..Yes RCBS again is 24 dollars and is a inertia puller that takes the bullet out of the shell to remove it and the powder

To clkean up the cases youll need a tumbler, Lyman makes agood one 80 dollars and some walnut media for it..Walnut cleans up dirty caes corn cob makes cases shine pretty. Both take some case cleaning media like The Lyman stuff 14 dollar a big bottle

Lastly you need a Good Hand Loading Book..They all have some instructions. The Speer is a good one..I have 4 of them..different years the first published in 1970. Lyman, Hornday make good books too.

Now Head on down to Gander Mt In Woodbridge or To Greentop in Richmond right off I95, they have Rockchuckers and RCBS Master Loading kits with just about all Ive listed for 300 some..You still need the dies, the Lee priming tool some other stuff.Greentop is a Great Place! For Hunters Fishermen.. Green Egg BBQ Lovers, They have huge supplys, hordes of guns and gear and a lot of very experienced people.Loads of powders, Primers, bullets..The works..!

Be safe Read The instruction manuals..follow the load manuals recipes for load..I look at several manuals as I have the all..check out the internet with the loading manual results..Natch! Do9nt load firewall hot loads..Theres no need, get amore powerfull firearm instead!! Load good safe round carefully and you will save money if you shoot a lot and your ammo can be just as good and better then you can buy from factories.. Still for Defensive CCW loads buy factory..what the Police use..Wear the Safety glasses handloading or shooting and Never deprime a Live Primer!

Progressive Presses..I have 4 of them ..All Dillons..The only ones you'll ever need or want great stuff!! A RL550 C is all you would need..but a single station is a must to learn the reloading ropes on.. plus you can do small batch loads testing loads. Working them up..

https://www.wideners.com/ Wideners loading Supply

https://www.midwayusa.com/ Midway..another big place with everything almost

https://www.dillonprecision.com/ Dillion..Lots of Goodies not just presses

Your Pal and supporter of the 2nd Amendment of the Bill of Right's..The most attacked and abused Amendment..and one of the Cornerstones of the Bill of Rights..

DAJAX

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: And The 7.62X39 ()
Date: March 15, 2017 08:58PM

The vast majority of these rounds have steel cases if any type of milsurp. Conventional brass cases are available but what makes the AK for example a waste to reload is that when the rifle ejects the case it does so with great force, Thats one reason they are so reliable in sand..mud..The result is a big dent in the case especially if brass..way to expensive to reload a case once. I bought a 1000 brass 7.62 X 39 cases and bullets during a supply scare with another Clinton involved..Bill about 1998 ..LOL I loaded up 100 rounds shot them and they were all beat up..So I slapped all the rest into the golpher hole..LOL

And many of these cases are Berden primed..2 small holes in the shell to the primer pocket..It can be done..but We Yanks like ours Boxer Primed..One primer hole a big one and that's what our reloading equipment reloads..And they don't do steel cases either..! Brass Baby..Brass..

DAJAX Spell Check..Wizard!!..see my above post..LOL!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: Hello dajaxie ()
Date: March 15, 2017 09:03PM

What does natch mean and why do you keep saying it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: Match Grade ()
Date: March 15, 2017 09:08PM

Hello dajaxie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What does natch mean and why do you keep saying
> it?

Search - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Match_grade

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: Lead? ()
Date: March 15, 2017 09:20PM

https://www.berrysmfg.com

http://www.starlinebrass.com

https://www.natchezss.com/reloading.html

https://www.cheaperthandirt.net


Plated bullets are only minimally more expensive than lead when purchased by the thousand. They are cleaner to load and shoot and easier to clean your arms after use. Berrys produces a fine product at a great price.

Starline brass is a great producer and source for new brass.

I can load 50 rounds of 9mm for roughly $8 all day every day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: Dictionary Of Hip ()
Date: March 15, 2017 09:35PM

Natch..means..Dig It..or Naturally ..Of Course

DAJAX
Attachments:
NatchBaby.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: More in savings ()
Date: March 15, 2017 09:36PM

45ACP or 45 Colt without purchase of brass $10 per box of 50 rounds.

.223 without purchase of brass roughly $4.50/ box 20. That's roughly $225/ 1000 rounds.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: Berrys Bullets Are Good ()
Date: March 15, 2017 09:44PM

I got some Berrys .223..55 grain ..500 for about 39 dollars and tax at Cabellas in Richmond last year ..shot fine..

Natch should mean Natchez..LOL..I was bout to list um..and Starline brass is another goodie..Ive loaded um for a Makrov when I was tired of trimming down 9mm to make the cases up..and a .44..and a ..LOL

DAJAX Makerov..Makrov..Makorov..What Difference Does It Make Hillary??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: Keep It Simple Stupid ()
Date: March 15, 2017 10:30PM

>How much would you say it can cost to get a complete set of tools to reload

500 dollars ..That should do it..1000 or if you want to add a progressive Dillion RL550 C the latest..and you still need a powder scale..and other items..Progressive loading presses load 1 round with every operation of the press handle..The Press alone is 482.00 with shipping set up for 1 caliber.. no Strong Mount or dies..Brand Spanking New. I do enjoy my two 550's..!

DAJAX
Attachments:
dillion.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: What A Dope ()
Date: March 15, 2017 10:33PM

The 550 is 482.00 as said..and you still need the dies, powder scale..some other items..

DAJAX ...Trying to Tie My Shoes Now..Over.."loading" the melon..LOL

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: AK fishy 7 ()
Date: March 15, 2017 11:01PM

Arthur Treacher's has great fish and chips. Stop by and load up sometime...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: Now ..Thats "Catchy"..Fish Guy!! ()
Date: March 15, 2017 11:11PM

LOL..Head on down to Greentop and you can buy Snakefish Catching Gear..and Bring Treachers Creatures back to business life with delish..All white meat..Crisp Fried Snakefish Dinners..DAJAX"s Slaw and Taters..Snakefish Paella It can go Large Baby!!

DAJAX

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: Henro ()
Date: March 16, 2017 09:45AM

XL 650
Attachments:
dillon1.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: Henro ()
Date: March 16, 2017 10:01AM

No bullshit
Dillon Precision is the best company EVER to deal with.

I broke parts
they replaced them free
shipping free

I broke more parts
they replaced them
free.

Its good to know some company's aren't soulless.

The XL 650 is the best progressive out there next to the XL550 but not cheap.

I purchased mine in 2005 all the bells and whistles literally
case feeder, powder check, low primer warning, low powder warning,
powder scale, and tumbler.
2k
I can average 400-500 pistol rounds an hour
The rifle rounds vary 223/308 about 200 an hour.
Just top off primers and powder when the buzzers go off.

Fucking fantastic!
Attachments:
dillon.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: Cuntryboy ()
Date: March 16, 2017 12:17PM

Ive been reloading 45ACP and 38special for Bullseye competition for years. I have calculated that I pay about half the price of retail. More importantly I can tune the velocity of the ammo to my gun. My SA RO likes ammo that is about 900ft/s and my Ruger GP100 likes 850ft/s. I shoot wadcutters which cant be purchased other than mail order (which jacks the cost up significantly with shipping) so the money savings is mute really.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: 6DLeV ()
Date: March 16, 2017 12:40PM

AMMOSEEK.COM


RELOADING....

AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT SHIT.

DAJAX TAKES NIGGER COCK SPLOOGE IN THE MOUTH

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: Henro ()
Date: March 16, 2017 01:54PM

To answer the question

NO, you don't save money!

Its all about custom loads like, countryboy said.

Every gun is a shooter with the right load.
Factory ammo is fine in some guns but I have a 32H&R,and factory loads shoot a three foot flame out the Muzzle. Way too hot for a 70 to 80 grain projectile.

I went with a 90 grain Hornady SXT with half the grain charge and loved the results

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: pyVXN ()
Date: March 16, 2017 02:55PM

So bulk up on el-cheapo factory loads for practice or zombies. And keep a few boxes of high dollar killer loads from boutiques like buffalo bore or whatever whatever.

You tools just want to up your ALPHA levels on the net with drivel talk. So butch macho cause you load bullets. Cause its so manly to be country.

Sound like you load gorilla dicks in the ass. that all it sounds like.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: Speaking Of Guns..! ()
Date: March 16, 2017 10:39PM

Did you know..That ..the "Mike O'Meara Show Fan" Invented the "Streetsweeper" Shotgun..When he served in the Rhodesian Army..

The only Firearm specifically Banned by the Code of Va..! As It was ..So..Deadly!!

§ 18.2-308.8. Importation, sale, possession or transfer of Striker 12's prohibited; penalty.
It shall be unlawful for any person to import, sell, possess or transfer the following firearms: the Striker 12, commonly called a "streetsweeper," or any semi-automatic folding stock shotgun of like kind with a spring tension drum magazine capable of holding twelve shotgun shells. A violation of this section shall be punishable as a Class 6 felony.
1993, c. 888 .


DAJAX..! Course a 18..20 inch barrel..double Barrel 12 Gauge or..Lord..10 Gauge could be considered. A "Street Sweeper"..and my mother has one..and knows how to use it too Baby!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: ATF Barrel Lenght Gauge ()
Date: March 16, 2017 10:45PM

The BATF folk have a calibrated 18 inch long rod they use to determine if a shotgun is of legal barrel length. They drop it in the muzzle to rest straight out against the breech..Its marked at 18 inches of barrel..If the Barrels is short of the Mark..Your shit will be getting very weak.. Moma's..is 18 and 1/2 Legal!! Smile !

DAJAX

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: Single Stage Press ()
Date: March 17, 2017 09:45AM

I have been reloading on a single stage press for 25 years and have created over 50,000 rounds. Most have been pistol ammo but 4 to 5k have been rifle rounds. Love it! The feeling of creating something unique for a fraction of the price is hard to beat.
Sooo my question is, what is my best powder choice in REM 223 with 60 gr bullets? I currently have H4198, BL-C(2) and Reloder 15. I'll probably use the Reloder 15 because I have quite a bit of it. I am just looking for some good range ammo, nothing special.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: 62 Grains 1 in 9 Twist ()
Date: March 17, 2017 10:59AM

Theres many to choose from Ive used AA Data 2200 from a 1990's batch, Benchmark, H335 .. Varget is Good Benchmark too..H4895 is a good for all kinds of rifle loads . AA2230 and the BL-C-2 and Reloader 15 all are good in the .223 , 748 is another it uses magnum primers ..check your load manual.

DAJAX BLC-2 Used to be BL-C they added the 2 after the original supplies ran out..Many Moons ago..

10 % off all powder and bullets at Greentop till the end of March..1 lb 4 lb 8 lb jugs to be had..cause the Worlds #1 Greatest Gun Saleswomen lost the Job in Nov 16..LOL!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: nwVw3 ()
Date: March 17, 2017 11:43AM

Reloading common ammo such as 12 gauge shells or 9mm Luger is hardly justified for me at today's ammo costs. I have several older firearms that use ammo that has not been made in decades, including a Civil War carbine with rim fire cartridges. If it was possible to make ammo for these I might consider doing reloads. However I am guessing I'd probably have to mold my own bullets and find someone to machine brasses. Then there is the problem of whether common reloading equipment can do rim fire primers. Does anyone here have experience doing reloads for older firearms?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: JoJo Simpson ()
Date: March 17, 2017 01:32PM

What the hell is a DAJAX?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: Double Action Jackson is his... ()
Date: March 17, 2017 07:37PM

NAME! He goes way back on this forum...

I am not him but I have reloaded several obsolete centerfire cartridges, just not rimfire. If you are talking about the Spencer Carbine, there is a replacement centerfire breachblock and modern ammo.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/historical/7-shot-wonder-the-spencer-repeating-rifle/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: eFhwn ()
Date: March 17, 2017 07:41PM

JoJo Simpson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What the hell is a DAJAX?

I always thought it was a club that had closed a while back.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: Rimfire Reloading ()
Date: March 17, 2017 08:38PM

I have never heard of that as all todays and yesterdays..least 50 years back..tools are designed for primed brass..and it was long ago I started reloading..but Not that long ago..! LOL I did start reading about reloading more then 50 back.at age 11...but actually started in 1973.

You will probably have to search out for loaded ammo. Not reloading supplies.

DAJAX The Club on Rolling Rd was JAXX ..saw it ..herd of it.. but I was already up in years for hard partying ..never been in there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: Re-Loaded ()
Date: March 17, 2017 09:19PM

After a day on the range, I always pick up my brass and reload all of my 5.56...


while enjoying Arthur Treacher's fish and chips. For sure.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: local... ()
Date: March 18, 2017 10:04AM

College Of Loading Knowledge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >How much would you say it can cost to get a
> complete set of tools to reload
>
> 10 bucks for a Good Pair of Safety Glasses..Thats
> #1
>
> You have 5 rifle calibers listed .Ill start by
> saying the best way to get started is with a
> single station reloading press. That's so you'll
> be aware of each operation you preform and really
> get to know what your doing.
>
> Heres some used Good Presses for about 75 bucks on
> ebay .These are the RCBS Jr. They stopped making
> them long ago, their not as heavy as a Rockchucker
> and do not have the compound linkage the
> Rockchucker has ..but a good single station press.
> And the prices are decent..The Rockchuckers go for
> at least 100 on ebay..You know the drill..If you
> always wanted a Cadillac buy a Cadillac..A New
> Rockchucker is about $ 170
>
> http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p
> 2050601.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xrcbs+jr+press.T
> RS0&_nkw=rcbs+jr+press&_sacat=0
>
> Theres all kinds of reloading items on ebay..buyer
> beware, dies can be gouged,,ect or brand new..
>
> Loading dies are next , they are about 40 dollars
> for a set for the rifle calibers, more for pistol
> carbide dies. Many places make good dies, RCBS is
> a excellent die, Redding is too, Lee are decent
> and cheap, Lee dies come with a shellholder for
> the press to hold the shell, other wise there
> about 7 dollars each or for 35 bucks buy a set of
> them. You will need a case lube pad RCBS or other
> brand and some case lube or spray 15 dollars for
> both. A hand held case trim tool from RCBS or
> Lyman 18 dollars to get rid of burrs and to gently
> chamfer case necks if needed. A case neck lube
> brush for each caliber is about 5 dollars each .
>
> Shell cases stretch as they are fired especially
> in rifle cartridges, Lee makes cheap case trimming
> tools about 8 dollars for each caliber. I have a
> Forster Case trimmer and pilots , there about 80
> dollars. I also have a Dillon .223 electric case
> trimmer that's 300 +..that stuff can come
> later..LOL
>
> Next Up is a Powder scale, you have gotta have
> one..80-150 dollars RCBS is good. They made a
> scale that is about 175 also. There are electronic
> scales also cheap as 40 dollars but I advise a
> manual scale if your going to have just 1.
>
> Next is a Powder thrower, Hornday or RCBS are
> good, Lymans #55 too. All about 80 dollars. And
> add a RCBS powder trickler, you set the powder
> measure for a slightly less charge weight, then
> trickle in powder grain by grain for a exact
> charge if that's what you want..For standard
> factory type loads you just use the Powder
> Measure,,The Trickler is about 20 dollars.
>
> Now a priming system,for the shell cases the press
> comes with a priming arm, they prime shell by
> shell..it is painstaking..Much better is a Lee
> Priming tool about 25 dollars and they take their
> own shell holders for the priming tool a set of
> them 25 dollars or each about 4 dollars.
>
> A Primer tray hold 100 primes, you put the box on
> the tray and put the cover on it, it will turn the
> primers right side up for placing in the Lee
> priming tool or other priming systems..There about
> 8 dollars from RCBS
>
> If you make a mistake a bullet puller..Yes RCBS
> again is 24 dollars and is a inertia puller that
> takes the bullet out of the shell to remove it and
> the powder
>
> To clkean up the cases youll need a tumbler, Lyman
> makes agood one 80 dollars and some walnut media
> for it..Walnut cleans up dirty caes corn cob makes
> cases shine pretty. Both take some case cleaning
> media like The Lyman stuff 14 dollar a big bottle
>
> Lastly you need a Good Hand Loading Book..They all
> have some instructions. The Speer is a good one..I
> have 4 of them..different years the first
> published in 1970. Lyman, Hornday make good books
> too.
>
> Now Head on down to Gander Mt In Woodbridge or To
> Greentop in Richmond right off I95, they have
> Rockchuckers and RCBS Master Loading kits with
> just about all Ive listed for 300 some..You still
> need the dies, the Lee priming tool some other
> stuff.Greentop is a Great Place! For Hunters
> Fishermen.. Green Egg BBQ Lovers, They have huge
> supplys, hordes of guns and gear and a lot of very
> experienced people.Loads of powders, Primers,
> bullets..The works..!
>
> Be safe Read The instruction manuals..follow the
> load manuals recipes for load..I look at several
> manuals as I have the all..check out the internet
> with the loading manual results..Natch! Do9nt load
> firewall hot loads..Theres no need, get amore
> powerfull firearm instead!! Load good safe round
> carefully and you will save money if you shoot a
> lot and your ammo can be just as good and better
> then you can buy from factories.. Still for
> Defensive CCW loads buy factory..what the Police
> use..Wear the Safety glasses handloading or
> shooting and Never deprime a Live Primer!
>
> Progressive Presses..I have 4 of them ..All
> Dillons..The only ones you'll ever need or want
> great stuff!! A RL550 C is all you would need..but
> a single station is a must to learn the reloading
> ropes on.. plus you can do small batch loads
> testing loads. Working them up..
>
> https://www.wideners.com/ Wideners loading
> Supply
>
> https://www.midwayusa.com/ Midway..another big
> place with everything almost
>
> https://www.dillonprecision.com/ Dillion..Lots of
> Goodies not just presses
>
> Your Pal and supporter of the 2nd Amendment of the
> Bill of Right's..The most attacked and abused
> Amendment..and one of the Cornerstones of the Bill
> of Rights..
>
> DAJAX

Great advise and many thanks, I'm building up an unknown to the missus slush fund to get started. Really appreciate the guidance
- Ol' Sgt

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: Saiga 12? ()
Date: March 18, 2017 11:00AM

Speaking Of Guns..! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did you know..That ..the "Mike O'Meara Show Fan"
> Invented the "Streetsweeper" Shotgun..When he
> served in the Rhodesian Army..
>
> The only Firearm specifically Banned by the Code
> of Va..! As It was ..So..Deadly!!
>
> § 18.2-308.8. Importation, sale, possession or
> transfer of Striker 12's prohibited; penalty.
> It shall be unlawful for any person to import,
> sell, possess or transfer the following firearms:
> the Striker 12, commonly called a "streetsweeper,"
> or any semi-automatic folding stock shotgun of
> like kind with a spring tension drum magazine
> capable of holding twelve shotgun shells. A
> violation of this section shall be punishable as a
> Class 6 felony.
> 1993, c. 888 .
>
>
> DAJAX..! Course a 18..20 inch barrel..double
> Barrel 12 Gauge or..Lord..10 Gauge could be
> considered. A "Street Sweeper"..and my mother has
> one..and knows how to use it too Baby!!


So my Saiga 12 with 20 round drum is illegal?? Um I don't think so. I bought it online and had it transferred to VA Arms where they have a FFL obviously. Paid the transfer fee and it's in my safe right now.

That thing is a best. AK platform 12 ga. So fun to shoot with slugs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: Double Action Jackson WAS ()
Date: March 18, 2017 10:22PM

My signed in name..No more ..hacked.. DAJAX..The Real one and you cant believe that now either..So I'm done..with names..

>So my Saiga 12 with 20 round drum is illegal??

That's the state code..18.2-308.8 as it was and is..and I have not heard it was changed..

So ..Who knows the state may not know about such a firearm called a Saiga. The BTAF is more aware of firearms then the state..You need to check with a lawyer. Or Check with Va Arms and see what they have to say about it..

GFDJX

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: BTAF ()
Date: March 18, 2017 11:57PM

BTAF?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: Now BATFE ()
Date: March 20, 2017 10:52AM

Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives

Used to be items with special federal taxes. Added Explosives for a 'bang'

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: Brock Lesnar ()
Date: July 26, 2018 05:28AM

Rimfire Reloading Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DAJAX The Club on Rolling Rd was JAXX ..saw it
> ..herd of it.. but I was already up in years for
> hard partying ..never been in there.

Before Jaxx, it was known both as Zaxx and Copa.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAJAX'S Reloading Ammo For Beginners..Save On Ammo Cost!
Posted by: No Ones Got Ammo Or Guns ()
Date: July 01, 2020 08:42PM

People have been stocking up the last month and a week , Northam and his Democrat pets burning looting tearing down statues and creating havoc are the worlds best gun salesmen

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 ********   **    **  ********  **    **  ********  
 **     **  **   **   **        ***   **  **     ** 
 **     **  **  **    **        ****  **  **     ** 
 **     **  *****     ******    ** ** **  **     ** 
 **     **  **  **    **        **  ****  **     ** 
 **     **  **   **   **        **   ***  **     ** 
 ********   **    **  ********  **    **  ********  
This forum powered by Phorum.