HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Journalist spies on President Trump at dinner and lives to write about it
Posted by: Fox News would never post this ()
Date: February 27, 2017 06:26PM

A journalist gets a tip on Donald Trump's dinner plans and stalks him, writing everything he hears and observes. Not what you would expect to read.

http://ijr.com/2017/02/810965-trump-ditched-the-press-to-have-dinner-heres-how-the-president-acts-when-no-one-is-watching/?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=afternoon-newsletter&utm_medium=owned

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Journalist spies on President Trump at dinner and lives to write about it
Posted by: Fillet ()
Date: February 27, 2017 09:28PM

Wow, even President Trump loves the crispy golden brown Haddock and chips at Arthur Treacher's.

Posted by: Fisherman ()
Date: February 27, 2017 09:31PM

Let's not forget how much he gorges on those hush puppies! What a fat lardass. But he does love Arthur Treacher's. So he can't be all that bad, right?

Posted by: a regular guy ()
Date: February 27, 2017 09:54PM

cheers from fans who he mingles and takes photos with, tips well, and he is a regular guy...a far cry from the trash royalty that obama-clinton-bush packs are...

8:17 PM: Without any announcement or indication, President Trump enters the hotel lobby which bears his name, flanked on all sides by the Secret Service. Shock and astonishment fill the guests in the room. The woman next to me screams “Is it him? It's really him! Oh my God! This is like a dream!” Trump is rushed by fans in the lobby as he makes his way to the steakhouse. Secret Service makes a barrier for him, and the President waves and shakes hands on his way. The young crew are the first in line. Also waiting in line as the President arrives is Nigel Farage.

The entire restaurant is now on its feet, cheering and applauding. Trump makes his way upstairs, waiving and stopping for a few selfies.

One woman shouts at him “Donald, it's my birthday!” Trump stops and says “Happy birthday,” as he hugs the elated woman. “How about a birthday present? Let's take a photo,” he says to her, afterward telling the woman she looks very young and has great skin.

Trump eventually sits precisely where I expected he would hours earlier. He is joined by Farage, Governor Rick Scott of Florida, and his daughter Ivanka and her husband Jared Kushner. My party sits just a table away, outside the president's security barrier. Trump's table is surrounded by agents facing outward, creating a barrier between the president and other diners. Waiters can be seen carrying large jumbo shrimp and sparkling water to the table to start the service. We are eventually, but politely, asked to sit back down at our respective tables.

8:25 PM: The President gets up and walks across the restaurant to his Secretary of State's table. The President kisses Tillerson's wife Renda, and he and Tillerson make small talk. They laugh and speak jovially for a few minutes as dinner guests who had been sitting next to Tillerson look on in stunned amazement. Another woman tells Trump it's her birthday and gets a selfie. The woman tells me emotionally afterward that she had no idea Trump would be here. She booked the birthday dinner a month ago and said meeting Trump here was, “like meeting Walt Disney in Disneyland.”

8:30 PM: Trump leaves the Tillersons to their date night and heads back to his table. I get ahead of him and squeeze in one question, asking the President if he will be attending the White House Correspondents' Dinner this year. “No,” he says with a smirk, “You like that?” The crowd around me cheers in agreement as Trump sits down with his party.

I asked Trump if he would be attending the White House Correspondents Dinner.
He said: "No. Do you like that?"
People cheered behind me.
9:55 PM - 25 Feb 2017
1,900 1,900 Retweets 3,432 3,432 likes
8:45 PM: Trump is served his entree. According to a waiter, who wished to remain anonymous:

“The President ordered a well-done steak. An aged New York strip. He ate it with catsup as he always does. The sides and appetizers on the table were shared. Three jumbo shrimp cocktails were delivered before the meal. At one point, the President looked at his watch and remarked ”They are filming 'Saturday Night Live' right now. Can't wait to see what they are gonna do to me this week.“ It was hard to serve him because he is so funny and relaxed, it makes you laugh.”

Trump talks jovially with his guests for the next two hours. His iconic hand motions fill the space as dinner is served.

9:31 PM: Tillerson and his wife cross the restaurant and enter the Secret Service barrier of Trump's table. The Secretary of State makes small talk with Nigel Farage and the Trump family. The Tillersons say their goodnights to the party and leave the steakhouse to cheers and handshakes from other guests. I am told by restaurant staff that Trump picked up their tab for dinner.

10:14 PM: Trump and his party get up to leave. The president is stopped momentarily for selfies and handshakes. discreetly, Trump can be seen handing cash to one of the latino busboys for his table. The president handed the young man a $100 bill.

The President exits the restaurant and addresses a long line of adoring visitors waiting for him in the hotel lobby.

Trump signs some items, takes some photos and pauses just before leaving, joining in on a “USA” chant while pumping his fist.

10:20 PM: Trump exits the building.

11:01 PM: Nigel Farage can be found wandering the lobby of the hotel with a large glass of red wine. His teeth are wine-stained, and the British politician is happily swaying and speaking with anyone who approaches him. I ask what it is like to come to the United States and have the President ask you to dinner. Farage says:

“Well it's really quite wonderful. But as I've gotten to know Donald, it really just does not surprise me. You know what amazes me about your President? He is a regular bloke. Truly. Just a normal chap. Upstairs at dinner, he spoke to the table like any regular guy out to dine with friends and family. There is no pretension at all.”

I pressed Farage for further details on what the president spoke about at dinner, and the Brexit leader just laughed and said it was nothing that interesting, with a smirk and a wink.

That is what it is like to have dinner next to President Trump.

Posted by: Wow. ()
Date: February 27, 2017 10:03PM

Dinner next to the so-called president sounds almost as much fun as a root canal. What a classless poser.

Posted by: Cry more, cuck ()
Date: February 27, 2017 10:25PM

Wow. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dinner next to the so-called president sounds
> almost as much fun as a root canal. What a
> classless poser.
Attachments:
ZNd3avj.gif

Posted by: Freq ()
Date: February 27, 2017 10:31PM

I'm going to start ordering my steaks well done with ketchup, too.

Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: February 27, 2017 10:45PM

Fox News would never post this Wrote:
>Not what you would expect to read.

abBz1qK2_700wa_0.gif

Posted by: Dumbass shitlibs ()
Date: February 27, 2017 11:11PM

Attachments:
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg

Posted by: kXPVF ()
Date: February 27, 2017 11:55PM

Fox News Wrote:
> Fox News would never post this Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >Not what you would expect to read.
>

Fox News Selfie. If you think and breathe before you post, you just might be able to fool people that you are not such a butthurt idiot.

Posted by: Mike O'Meara Show Fan ()
Date: February 28, 2017 12:47AM

Not buying it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.