HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Has Anyone Ever Successfully Completed the CCT (Cross Country Trail) With in One Weekend?
Posted by: The Great Challange ()
Date: February 27, 2017 03:25PM

Has anybody ever completed the full Cross Country Trail with in one weekend from Occoquan to Great Falls? (48.4 mi. Distance. 2,003 ft. Elevation)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has Anyone Ever Successfully Completed the CCT (Cross Country Trail) With in One Weekend?
Posted by: Jack H. ()
Date: February 27, 2017 03:34PM

Gerry Connolly, but that's only because they named a trail and not a highway after him.

Re: Has Anyone Ever Successfully Completed the CCT (Cross Country Trail) With in One Weekend?
Posted by: won't do it ()
Date: February 27, 2017 03:36PM

I refuse to step foot on it until they take Porkchop Connolly's name off of it.

Posted by: Zrujf ()
Date: February 27, 2017 03:43PM

won't do it Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I refuse to step foot on it until they take
> Porkchop Connolly's name off of it.

Sounds like a good idea for you. You are very smart. You should also refuse to go out in public as a protest.

Posted by: Map of Trail ()
Date: February 27, 2017 03:45PM

Posted by: One Dirt Biker ()
Date: February 27, 2017 03:59PM

Posted by: Joke Insurance ()
Date: February 27, 2017 03:59PM

won't do it Wrote:
> I refuse to step foot on it until they take
> Porkchop Connolly's name off of it.

Shut up, cuck.

Posted by: Easily done in 5 hours ()
Date: February 27, 2017 04:01PM

Easily done in 5 hours if you know the route(s). Unfortunately there are many times the trail is hard to follow. While its gotten better than in the past, you still find yourself coming off single track in some places to streets where the signs are not so easy to follow.

Posted by: Yes I did ()
Date: February 27, 2017 04:35PM

Did it on a Yamaha at 12:45 am on Friday night.

PW cops never found me.

Posted by: Crawl ()
Date: February 27, 2017 05:37PM

Portly Gerry Connolly couldn't walk 100 feet down the trail without assistance.

One reason why naming it after him was a stupid thing to do.

Posted by: reggie ()
Date: February 27, 2017 06:11PM

NO, But I once saved $600 on my car insurance...

Posted by: The secret to doing this ()
Date: February 27, 2017 09:30PM

Yes, but I stopped at every Arthur Treacher's I could find to refuel on some carb-heavy chips and hush puppies. Let's not forget all that protein packed into that delicious, battered and fried fish!

Posted by: dhjHF ()
Date: February 28, 2017 06:04AM

Not that trail, but in younger years, did the WO&D Trail, the Fairfax County Parkway Trail, and the Mount Vernon/Rock Creek Trail combined, but not the entire length of any of these trails, each over 30 miles, in one single bicycle ride.
All have done piecemeal, though some done have 1/2 or 2/3 of each of these trails at one time. The most have done in one ride was 25 miles of the WO&D Trail. All of these pre-year 2000 pre-Internet days, when did not have the Internet consuming your time.

Posted by: Mark Trail ()
Date: February 28, 2017 07:02AM

Is the trail named after Gerry because it's where he takes young boys to molest?

Posted by: 3CDJU ()
Date: February 28, 2017 01:45PM

Many moons ago I biked from Bob & Ediths in S. Arlington through Arl Cem, across Mem Bridge and down the path that follows the river to the zoo. Great on the way down. Uphill all the way back.

Posted by: Joke Insurance ()
Date: February 28, 2017 03:45PM

Yes I did Wrote:
> Did it on a Yamaha at 12:45 am on Friday night.
>
> PW cops never found me.

Wrong county.

Posted by: Lance ()
Date: February 28, 2017 06:47PM

Easy money on an electric bike in one day.

Posted by: OK, I'll bite ()
Date: February 28, 2017 07:02PM

The trail does not cross the "country", OK? It crosses the "county"
No name calling, just the facts.
And to the guy who reprimanded the PW comment as being the wrong "county", PW is in the correct country as posted. If the OP was concerned about a county, he would have posted that.
P.S., don't even ask about "with in"

Posted by: New to Fairfax ()
Date: February 28, 2017 08:11PM

3CDJU Wrote:
> Many moons ago I biked from Bob & Ediths in S.
> Arlington through Arl Cem, across Mem Bridge and
> down the path that follows the river to the zoo.
> Great on the way down. Uphill all the way back.

I used to bike most weekends from UMD to Silver Spring, down Rock Creek, across the river, past DCA to Old Town and back. About 40 miles round-trip.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.