HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
How much money do you give the cardboard sign homeless people in Fairfax county?
Posted by: AngurisFairfax ()
Date: February 12, 2017 09:54AM

This homeless looking guy with a sign walked up to my truck while I was trying to choke down a whopper with cheese at the Burger king near Kamp Washington. He asked for money and I had two dollar bills plus a few coins that was my change at the drive-thru. The guy looks at the money and says "God damn! Aint you at least got a 5 or sumpthin?" I told him that was all I had and he says "Motherfucker is driving a $50,000 fuckin pickup truck but cant spare but two bucks?" It was then that I decided to drive away. I guess I insulted the poor black man. Is 5 dollars considered the normal gift minimum?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How much money do you give the cardboard sign homeless people in Fairfax county?
Posted by: Spock Logic ()
Date: February 12, 2017 10:18AM

If they sit there and get money all day, why cant they get something better than that crappy cardboard sign?
I would like to see one with a real nice store made sign from Kinko's or somewhere.
I know you have the money, a sign would be like $10, c'mon me show some initiative.

Re: How much money do you give the cardboard sign homeless people in Fairfax county?
Posted by: Libtard detectot ()
Date: February 12, 2017 10:19AM

You must be a libtard to even think about giving anything to these bums. Tell em to get a job. I'll bet that very Burger King is probably hiring.

Posted by: Zip zilch none ()
Date: February 12, 2017 10:21AM

$0.00

Posted by: SJW 4 u 2 ()
Date: February 12, 2017 10:33AM

AngurisFairfax Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This homeless looking guy with a sign walked up to
> my truck while I was trying to choke down a
> whopper with cheese at the Burger king near Kamp
> Washington. He asked for money and I had two
> dollar bills plus a few coins that was my change
> at the drive-thru. The guy looks at the money and
> says "God damn! Aint you at least got a 5 or
> sumpthin?" I told him that was all I had and he
> says "Motherfucker is driving a $50,000 fuckin
> pickup truck but cant spare but two bucks?" It was
> then that I decided to drive away. I guess I
> insulted the poor black man. Is 5 dollars
> considered the normal gift minimum?

Yes , you insulted him. Really anything less than 10 dollars is condescending. If you are not prepared to help people in need then just stay home. You are a horrible person for offering so little money.

Posted by: zero ()
Date: February 12, 2017 10:39AM

I don't give them a god damn cent. The vast, vast majority of them are scam artists with cars, iphones and shit like that. Spend some time in DC, you'll see what a real homeless person looks like, people sleeping behind bus stops or near buildings just to stay warm. Those people i'll throw a 10 or a 20 because they're in GENUINE need of help.

Posted by: Yeshua saves, nwo enslaves ()
Date: February 12, 2017 10:47AM

I give to organizations like Salvation Army and St.Judes...and i keep trying to give to the truth seeker in the van on woodbridge who informs about satanist nwo, but traffic is always so bad....will probably give him a $20 and find out if he needs anything in his van to be more comfortable....maybe a solar panel and battery...

as for the organized folks on the corners....is there any info on who is organizing it ? they even have shifts now...smells like a SOROS op

Posted by: Dat guy ()
Date: February 12, 2017 10:50AM

Mossy of these folks are not homeless, just do it in their free time and stand around intersections.

Chantilly at 50 near the Lowes is getting horrible. Stupid assholes are always giving away money, they easily makes $10 per light cycle.

Posted by: zero point zero ()
Date: February 12, 2017 10:53AM

Zero dollars and zero cents. There are plenty of programs for people who, unfortunately, are unable to find work for various reasons. And I already pay for these programs through various local, state and federal taxes. The way I see it, I already gave these people money.

Posted by: 000 ()
Date: February 12, 2017 10:53AM

zero

they earn more money than me

Posted by: LessonLearned ()
Date: February 12, 2017 11:10AM

I used to give $5.-$10. depending on what I had in my wallet.

A young (25) gal I worked with told me that she had several friends who did the stand on the median with a sign thing and made far more money than she makes working retail.

Think about it--if you get $30. in an hour and stand there for 4 hours that's not a bad amount for ZERO work. Some get far more than that.

I just give my donation directly to the shelters now. That way it has a better chance of getting to someone who is really in need of it and not just lazy.

Posted by: Lexus driver ()
Date: February 12, 2017 03:09PM

If the timing of the stoplight allows I will give them about 3 bucks. I keep the change from my daily trip to starbucks drive thru in the console, at any given time there is 15 to 25 bucks in there. I usually give a couple dollar bills and some coins.

Posted by: Mr NADA ()
Date: February 12, 2017 03:39PM

ZERO is the correct AND only answer.

Posted by: TheTroof ()
Date: February 12, 2017 04:20PM

NEVER give these people money. You're buying their drugs for the most part.

I knew a guy who stayed at home with his baby while his wife worked. They own their house and are doing fine.

The dirtbag would take his fucking BABY out there with a sign.
He would pull in HUNDREDS of dollars in a few hours; he showed me a huge wad of cash once, and laughed. I think he did drugs, not really sure.

I haven't seen him for a long time, I heard he got busted by the police/child welfare, and his wife divorced him because she didn't even know about it!

Posted by: spring breaker ()
Date: February 12, 2017 04:33PM

My friends are going to Aruba for spring break and I cannot afford it, so I am not going. But this thread has given me an interesting idea. If I find a good intersection and start panhandling now, I can probably make $10k in the next couple of months.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an intersection where you think I can make the most money?

Thanks!

Posted by: Mr. Pancho ()
Date: February 12, 2017 05:16PM

Try the intersection at stringfellow and fair lakes

Posted by: Knh7H ()
Date: February 12, 2017 06:45PM

I had someone approach me in a parking lot asking for money just the other night.
I said what I always said.
"Get the fuck away from me, I have a gun"
which I picked up from the seat so he could see it.

Works every time.

Posted by: xxMUT ()
Date: February 12, 2017 07:30PM

it's Gerrymanderer again spreading lies about illegals in fairfax county

they get housing, gov jobs - even luxury homes. some get free family size condos built with taxpayer money.

you a republican didn't know? OF COURSE. the democrats have that shit locked down tight

and Obama has put them (all) on the Social Security payroll. absolyutely disgusting that fx co gov is giving illegals THE LIFE SAVINGS OF DENIZENS THAT WORKED FOR THEIR TAXES

democrats took the country NINE TRILLION further into debt that any of the last presidents

gerrymanderer suggest they are holding signs because fx co gov doesn't help them. ABSOLUTE LIES AND MIS-REPRESENTATIONS OF WHAT THE FAIRFAX COUNTY GOVERNMENT IS ALL ABOUT AND HAS BEEN DOING

Posted by: IFBS patrol ()
Date: February 12, 2017 07:33PM

TheTroof Wrote:
> NEVER give these people money. You're buying their
> drugs for the most part.
>
> I knew a guy who stayed at home with his baby
> while his wife worked. They own their house and
> are doing fine.
>
> The dirtbag would take his fucking BABY out there
> with a sign.
> He would pull in HUNDREDS of dollars in a few
> hours; he showed me a huge wad of cash once, and
> laughed. I think he did drugs, not really sure.
>
> I haven't seen him for a long time, I heard he got
> busted by the police/child welfare, and his wife
> divorced him because she didn't even know about
> it!

Sorry but your post has been identified as ignorant f--ing bullshit and will not be taken seriously. Thank you.

Posted by: Enabler2.0 ()
Date: February 12, 2017 10:51PM

Never give money to any of these liberal leeches on society. You're doing them a disfavor by enabling their parasitic habits.

Posted by: Crcecrcecr ()
Date: February 12, 2017 11:16PM

I never give them anything. I would happily give them money if I knew they would be using it to buy an overdose of some drug and die already.

Posted by: ME7Hc ()
Date: February 12, 2017 11:53PM

They can receive emergency help at these places I know of, there are probably quite a few others, many at churches.

Western Fairfax Christian Ministries http://wfcmva.org/ in Chantilly near PO, one time emergency depending on food and other resources available, otherwise have to be qualified by Fairfax County Department of Social Services to get food and other services.

Food for Others https://www.foodforothers.org/neighborhood-sites/ - just bring grocery bags at sites and times listed, mostly in central Fairfax County, no FCDOSS qualification needed.

Sites are accessible by Fairfax Connector buses http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/connector/routes/ Fare $1.75

Posted by: pocket change ()
Date: February 13, 2017 04:58AM

I feel guilty sitting there in my super comfortable Lincoln. I pull out my change and hand it to them, if I'm low on change I pull out a dollar.

Posted by: metalhead ()
Date: February 13, 2017 07:05AM

Mr. Pancho Wrote:
> Try the intersection at stringfellow and fair
> lakes

That scamming @$$hole with the black moped is there all the time. He is extremely nasty. He's the typical beggar with "God Bless" on his cardboard sign. I called him out for the scammer he is, and he angrily told me "suck my d*** f*****.... Always call the police when you see panhandlers, especially if they have children with them.

Posted by: htytnj ()
Date: February 13, 2017 07:25AM

A cup full of piss to the face...

Posted by: Moeshe Greenbaum ()
Date: February 13, 2017 07:52AM

there's been a huge increase of these guys all over fairfax intersections. any ideas why?

Posted by: Demographer ()
Date: February 13, 2017 08:07AM

Moeshe Greenbaum Wrote:
> there's been a huge increase of these guys all
> over fairfax intersections. any ideas why?

It's common for lazy liberals to flee the consequences of their moronic voting habits and move to prosperous conservative areas, which they then proceed to ruin by repeating their idiocy.

Posted by: Cuzen ()
Date: February 13, 2017 08:12AM

metalhead Wrote:
> Mr. Pancho Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Try the intersection at stringfellow and fair
> > lakes
>
>
> That scamming @$$hole with the black moped is
> there all the time. He is extremely nasty. He's
> the typical beggar with "God Bless" on his
> cardboard sign. I called him out for the scammer
> he is, and he angrily told me "suck my d***
> f*****.... Always call the police when you see
> panhandlers, especially if they have children with
> them.

If it's. It illegal, how will calling the police help the situation?

Posted by: Yea... You did ()
Date: February 13, 2017 08:25AM

metalhead Wrote:
> Mr. Pancho Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Try the intersection at stringfellow and fair
> > lakes
>
>
> That scamming @$$hole with the black moped is
> there all the time. He is extremely nasty. He's
> the typical beggar with "God Bless" on his
> cardboard sign. I called him out for the scammer
> he is, and he angrily told me "suck my d***
> f*****.... Always call the police when you see
> panhandlers, especially if they have children with
> them.

After you gave him the BJ what did you do?

Posted by: Huey ()
Date: February 13, 2017 09:59AM

Moeshe Greenbaum Wrote:

Because dumbasses keep giving them money. It is a business. If it were not profitable, they wouldn't keep it up. No free money, no beggars, that simple. Wise up, people.

Posted by: hot ranch ()
Date: February 13, 2017 02:28PM

pocket change Wrote:
> I feel guilty sitting there in my super
> comfortable Lincoln. I pull out my change and hand
> it to them, if I'm low on change I pull out a
> dollar.

I assume you have a full time job in order to drive that nice Lincoln. You deserve to feel comfortable driving it, you worked and paid taxes like most good Americans. You have zero reasons to feel guilty.

Posted by: 6NbcK ()
Date: February 13, 2017 03:10PM

Like others have said, there are help wanted signs all over. It's just easier to ask, and people are dumb enough to give.

If they can make $50/hour at a red light, or have to work 5 hours to get the same, which do you think they will do? If you give them money, you feed this habit. We would be better off with the unfilled jobs being worked by them.

Posted by: VHM6e ()
Date: February 13, 2017 03:38PM

AngurisFairfax Wrote:
> This homeless looking guy with a sign walked up to
> my truck while I was trying to choke down a
> whopper with cheese at the Burger king near Kamp
> Washington. He asked for money and I had two
> dollar bills plus a few coins that was my change
> at the drive-thru. The guy looks at the money and
> says "God damn! Aint you at least got a 5 or
> sumpthin?" I told him that was all I had and he
> says "Motherfucker is driving a $50,000 fuckin
> pickup truck but cant spare but two bucks?" It was
> then that I decided to drive away. I guess I
> insulted the poor black man. Is 5 dollars
> considered the normal gift minimum?

Some weeks back they were all over Reston Town Center, had never seen so many before out. One black "alleged" homeless guy asked for money and I told him all I had was credit cards. He said, "Fuck that, go get some cash and then come back and get me some." and not in a nice way.

I said, "How about you fucking get back on the plantation and pick some cotton like your great, great, grandfather...At least he knew how to work. The only thing you know how to pick, is the shit from your ass."

Needless to say he and the other homeless guys tried to gang up on me, until the cops (finally came) and made them leave.

There are signs all over the place, "No Loitering", "No Trepassing", etc. so why the fuck does the property management let these parasites hang around?

Posted by: Privileged Nazi ()
Date: February 13, 2017 08:59PM

I don't do this anymore, it's such a fucking industry most of them probably make more than I do. Literally trailed one accidentally heading back to their F.J. Cruiser in the Metro 29 Diner parking lot, saw them put their sign and milk crate in the back. At this point I just got my car windows an illegal tint, none of those fuckers can see in anymore. Drive through the same intersection in arlington everyday. Four beggars at each island, one day guy #1 starts limping- presumably to get more money- next day I come back all four of them are limping. SMH.

Posted by: Compassionate Lib ()
Date: February 13, 2017 10:26PM

htytnj Wrote:
> A cup full of piss to the face...

^^^^ This.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: February 13, 2017 10:35PM

Privileged Nazi Wrote:
> I don't do this anymore, it's such a fucking
> industry most of them probably make more than I
> do. Literally trailed one accidentally heading
> back to their F.J. Cruiser in the Metro 29 Diner
> parking lot, saw them put their sign and milk
> crate in the back. At this point I just got my car
> windows an illegal tint, none of those fuckers can
> see in anymore. Drive through the same
> intersection in arlington everyday. Four beggars
> at each island, one day guy #1 starts limping-
> presumably to get more money- next day I come back
> all four of them are limping. SMH.

Where is Metro 29 Diner?

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: February 13, 2017 10:47PM

Moeshe Greenbaum Wrote:

I think they get trucked in and placed on assignment (intersections). Like whores, they have a pimp.

Posted by: Weak Fake Story ()
Date: February 14, 2017 04:55PM

TheTroof Wrote:
> NEVER give these people money. You're buying their
> drugs for the most part.
>
> I knew a guy who stayed at home with his baby
> while his wife worked. They own their house and
> are doing fine.
>
> The dirtbag would take his fucking BABY out there
> with a sign.
> He would pull in HUNDREDS of dollars in a few
> hours; he showed me a huge wad of cash once, and
> laughed. I think he did drugs, not really sure.
>
> I haven't seen him for a long time, I heard he got
> busted by the police/child welfare, and his wife
> divorced him because she didn't even know about
> it!

Yeah very creative story, I saw that episode of Shameless also!

Posted by: Google Maps ()
Date: February 14, 2017 07:34PM

causeican Wrote:
> Privileged Nazi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------
> Where is Metro 29 Diner?

29 and Glebe.

Posted by: peep ()
Date: February 14, 2017 07:38PM

Whatever I have in my pocket. Usually a couple of cigarettes and 15 bucks.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.