HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
How Many Tele-Marketing or Scam Calls Do You Get A Day?
Posted by: Long Dong Spotter ()
Date: January 26, 2017 10:28AM

I've already had 3 today!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How Many Tele-Marketing or Scam Calls Do You Get A Day?
Posted by: MAGA! ()
Date: January 26, 2017 10:37AM

Hope Trump admin actually does something to stop these dickheads, unlike the inept, ball-less obammy. Execution would be fine with me.

Posted by: ma bell ()
Date: January 26, 2017 10:49AM

I have been using a great blocker www.nomorobo.com/.
Only works on VOIP lines. Free. It determines on the first ring if
the call is a robocall. Your phone will ring once then hang up
if it is.
Their web site says now available for ios10

Posted by: Stones. ()
Date: January 26, 2017 10:54AM

I used to get a bunch because of the numbers previous owner (clearly an old lonely person) and then after I refinanced. Asking them politely to remove me from their list seemed to make it worse (they say by doing so, you are validating that it is you answering and a working number so they then sell your number to other marketers.)

Now, virtually none. The only difference is that I started to have my 8 year old answer all unknown numbers with her goal to keep them on as long as possible. She's not mean, just asks them questions and tells them to please not hang up. It's not some new idea or anything, but definitely one that works.

Posted by: Here's My Approach ()
Date: January 26, 2017 03:22PM

If I can get to talk to a live person, I tell them I'm interested but first need to ask if they realize how much more they could make by sucking dick.

Posted by: FYdkK ()
Date: January 26, 2017 03:25PM

ma bell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have been using a great blocker
> www.nomorobo.com/.
> Only works on VOIP lines. Free. It determines on
> the first ring if
> the call is a robocall. Your phone will ring once
> then hang up
> if it is.
> Their web site says now available for ios10

It is a great service but it doesn't only work with VOIP. Regular landlines are fine (and free).

Posted by: telemarketer in chief ()
Date: January 26, 2017 10:17PM

MAGA! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hope Trump admin actually does something to stop
> these dickheads, unlike the inept, ball-less
> obammy. Execution would be fine with me.

I doubt that. Trump was a direct-marketing mogul, selling his wealth classes and learnings via telemarketing and mailers.

Posted by: Framusroggins ()
Date: January 26, 2017 10:25PM

I do not know, I hardly ever answer the land line. Some of them leave messages, some do not, so I do not pay much attention. I just delete them from the voice mail if they leave a message. On the local wireless, I might get one per week. On the out-of-area, one every ninety, or so, days.

Posted by: you are a moron ()
Date: January 27, 2017 08:08AM

wrong dick breath

from their web site "Unfortunately, Nomorobo is not available on traditional analog copper landlines at this time."

Posted by: waste their time ()
Date: January 27, 2017 11:01AM

If it is a recording, I leave a long and rambling message. Somewhere, someone has to listen to it.

If it is a live person, I ask a lot of questions, give credit card numbers that are no good, say that I heard that the company is run by ISIS and who knows what.

Such antics cost telemarketers money. Eventually your number gets flagged as a waste of time, and the calls taper off. The exception is robodialers that just dial numbers in order.

Posted by: JUecF ()
Date: January 27, 2017 11:56AM

None. Called ID tells me whether I should answer or not.

Posted by: Annoying as hell ()
Date: January 27, 2017 12:33PM

my cell phone number has been getting like 3 a day. Yesterday's call was about how I won a free cruise to the Bahamas...I finally got a nog on the phone...asked him to remove my number...he started laughing and saying no he won't do it. I told him he sounded like a pajama boy Hillary voting faggot and he hung up on me.

Posted by: Stopped them ()
Date: January 27, 2017 12:47PM

NOMOROBO !!!!

www.nomorobo.com/ is free and works great. It is funded by a government grant to stop telemarketers.

It might work on a copper line. It's the carrier that matters. The carrier has to have simultaneous ringing or two phones at different numbers can ring simultaneously.

A server picks up if the call is from a known telemarketing number or if the number is making thousands of calls from an unknown exchange.

I still get the rings but only one ring.

Posted by: Deputy Dawg ()
Date: January 27, 2017 12:52PM

"Fairfax County Jail! How may I help you?"

Date: January 27, 2017 01:56PM

This thing is amazing, works like a charm and you can put in numbers and area codes to automatically block!

https://www.amazon.com/CPR-Call-Blocker-Telemarketer-Solicitor/dp/B00JG02ZEY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1485543273&sr=8-3&keywords=call+blocker

Posted by: Samuel90 ()
Date: October 06, 2020 11:03AM

as for me tele marketing calls are kind of absolete marketing ways that only ruin someone's business

there are a lot of other marketing methods that could develop business and bring you money

Posted by: Jessica ()
Date: October 06, 2020 12:15PM

I don't get telemarketing calls that often, but last week there was a call from a company that tried to sell me something. I didn't know how to react, whether they were scammers or not. Then I decided to read about telemarketing in General and in particular about the company that called me. I found it on the website wisdomfuel.com an article that explained in detail what telemarketing is, what is marketing in General, and what types of marketing there are. If you want to take courses in marketing, the article indicates which courses are the best and where to apply. Very useful and informative information.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.