HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Oktoberfest at Fort Belvoir...
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 01, 2006 01:14AM

...it sucks...

Me and my kraut freinds took a trip down to Ft. Belvoir this evening to see what their idea of "Oktoberfest" is really like. I honestly didn't expect to get much of a Munchen-like experience out of this event, especially given the fact that the festival is held on an American military base. And man was I ever right. The first thing I saw upon walking in was that the main food tent was sponsored by Boardwalk Fries- boy that's got "deutschland" written all over it! It's also a family event, so first we had to wait in a huge line to get wristbands proving our legal drinking age, and then we immediately went to the beer tent. The beer tent had two Miller Beer trucks serving three brews from Munich's impressive Spaten Brewery; a marzen, lager, and that Fraziskaner weisse they market in the US. All good stuff. They also had one tap running Coors Light (lol, wtf is up with that).

The fest itself had a whole lot of rides and typical carnival games where you could play goofy stuff to win stuffed animals (or, drunkenly cheer at people trying to win stuffed animals like me and my freinds did). There were also alot of the usual carnival food selections; I guess everyone knows how those Bavarians loved their corndogs, pizza, and cotton candy?

After many beers, we finally visited the vaunted "Food Tent" where they served bratwurst, knockwurst, sauerkraut, "german" potato salad, and a few other things that probably would just piss off most Germans if they ever saw it at an Oktoberfest celebration. This food was neither authentic or very good. Those Boardwalk Fries people should just leave their fatherland aspirations alone and stick with the deepfryer. The knockwurst tasted like a hot dog and was barely lukewarm, and the "german" potato salad was bland and mushy. On the positive side, it gave us a reason to drink more.

So if you're looking for an Oktoberfest, save your money and go elsewhere. This is just a county fair with catchy, misleading advertising. It's not bad, it's just a badly executed idea. Oh, and the security on the way in is horrendous- we got pulled over by MP's at the entrance, were asked for our ID's, asked for our daytime phone number (?), and then were sniffed by one of those K-9 units- it was like a real Nazi Germany experience!

Next week's event in Shirlington will surely be much better.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oktoberfest at Fort Belvoir...
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: October 01, 2006 01:30AM

there's a lot of gay men in shirlington, so watch your cornhole there

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: October 01, 2006 03:04AM

mad max in Munich during oktoberfest with his hetero life mate. Yes, drunk.
Attachments:
maxkevmuc.jpg

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: October 01, 2006 03:14AM

which one are you and did you get teh aids

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: October 01, 2006 03:15AM

On the right, and no, we're both clean, surprisingly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2006 03:18AM by mad max, JD.

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: October 01, 2006 12:26PM

I think you are both extremely handsome. Sorry the Octborefest was a bummer.

Trickie

Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: October 01, 2006 03:37PM

Ok meeper next time they will have the MP's dress in all black SS uniforms. Were the dogs at least German Shepherds?

My buddy who is from Germany says the best cities for Octoberfest are Munich and Hamburg. He said you can also get by speaking English without a problem.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 01, 2006 07:08PM

Were the dogs at least German Shepherds?

It was an East German Shepherd. Very disciplined.

Posted by: More info please ()
Date: July 15, 2020 08:07PM

Cancelled?

Posted by: Scared to bark ()
Date: July 15, 2020 08:16PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Were the dogs at least German Shepherds?
>
> It was an East German Shepherd. Very disciplined.

There is a big difference between "disciplined" and "repressed" you stupid commie fuck

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.