HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
(714) 988-2523
Posted by: (714) 988-2523 ()
Date: January 18, 2017 11:21AM

Automated call with information on how to lower your mortgage payment.

Telemarketing needs to be outlawed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: (714) 988-2523
Posted by: KD ()
Date: January 19, 2017 04:53PM

I get several calls per week and have no mortgage.

Posted by: Philly Bob ()
Date: January 30, 2017 05:05PM

I get calls from this number at least 3 to 4 times a day. Called them back and spoke to a guy who said they were a "mortgage assistance company who assist people that are behind in their mortgages." so I told them to take my name off of their list. Still calling. Called back again today and man answered "Intake" and I started to give him a bit of hell and he hung up on me. This is a shyster company who get hold of your name if you are behind in your mortgage but who in their right minds would deal with a place that does not leave a name and when you call back they answer "Intake." Intake for what? Caller ID say they are out of LaBrea, California from the caller ID but they can be spoofed.

Posted by: Gruntled ()
Date: January 31, 2017 10:15AM

This kind of telemarketing is already against the law, unless you have opted-in to robocalls. If you are on the national do-not-call list, it is against the law, unless you have given them permission. Unfortunately, until we can hold the phone company liable for fraudulent caller ID, not much will happen, barring an election year plus an FTC/FCC person running for office.

In my dream world, the people operating phones at the call center, as well as the phone companies knowingly allowing them to use fraudulent numbers would be sued into a cardboard box at the bus station.

Posted by: Terri G. ()
Date: February 07, 2017 02:46PM

Blowing up my phone multiple times a day and week - robo VM left; if you try to call them back to tell them to stop calling you are placed on hold . . .

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.