HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
U2, June 20, 2017, "Joshua Tree" cover to cover
Posted by: King.Lerxst ()
Date: January 17, 2017 01:24PM

A bunch of sanctimonious Irishmen telling me how to think and feel about the world has never been my idea of rock 'n roll...

But, Queen Lerxst said she wanted to go...then I looked at the ticket prices...

They start at $197 each + tax + fees + parking + tax + fees X 2...I told the Queen I wouldn't pay that to see Led Zeppelin with John Bonham. I told her I'd work the local radio stations to try and diligently win tickets and she agreed.

Regardless of the prices and the setlist...don't forget...you are paying that money to see and hear 57 year old Paul Hewson...NOT 27 year old Paul Hewson, which is how old he was when "Joshua Tree" was recorded.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: U2, June 20, 2017, "Joshua Tree" cover to cover
Posted by: ....... ()
Date: January 17, 2017 01:30PM

When you think about the Irish...think this:

They live on an island, and the Brits were still able to starve them. Too fucking stupid to walk a few miles, throw a line into the ocean, and pull out food.

There's a reason they are called the niggers of Europe.

Posted by: $197 ?? ()
Date: January 17, 2017 01:36PM

They should be ashamed for charging prices like that. I personally wouldn't even pay 7 dollars to go see this. That album was so overrated and overplayed 30 years ago I'm still not over it.

I will admit though, Red Hill Mining Town is probably my favorite U2 song of all time.

Posted by: Sheinbein ()
Date: January 17, 2017 01:50PM

I loved this album, but I wouldn't pay more than $100 a ticket to see it.

Posted by: U2 is Garbage ()
Date: January 17, 2017 07:49PM

If I wanted to hear garbage, I'd drive to the West Ox Transfer Station, and park, and listen to the noise.

Posted by: Out of Control ()
Date: January 17, 2017 11:06PM

Sheinbein Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I loved this album, but I wouldn't pay more than
> $100 a ticket to see it.

Agree. Some of the prices for concerts, sporting events, etc. are insane.

Posted by: Marcel and Saint John ()
Date: January 17, 2017 11:45PM

At the time I thought this album was too popular to be cool, but it's actually pretty good. I can listen to it at home for free. I once told a housemate I thought all live music should be banned and we should have only records, and this bullshit is why. Why the fuck would I pay a bunch of money? Fuck those guys. Lie down, croppy, lie down.

Posted by: Achtung Baby ()
Date: January 18, 2017 07:54AM

U2 really needs to bring back the whole "Zoo TV" concept at their shows, like where Bono dresses up like the devil and makes phone calls to politicians.

The fans deserve it.

Posted by: The_man_wins_again ()
Date: January 18, 2017 02:52PM

U2 charges $50 to become a member and doing so gets you pre-sale tickets to this tour.

A family member bought the membership only to discover there are two groups: new members and old members. The pre-sale code for new members only offered the very expensive VIP tickets ($300+). It seems the old members, with their own pre-sale code, could by GA tickets.

Among other charities, Bono supports ONE, which focuses on ending extreme poverty in Africa...and apparently extreme poverty for Irish rock stars too.

Posted by: Roadie Toadie ()
Date: January 18, 2017 03:48PM

concerts are the primary method of rock bands to earn money. they get ripped off by the record companies, usually earning a few cents on the dollar for record sales (ie. itunes downloads). But they get almost all the money they take in for concerts (minus expenses to the concert organizers who rent the venues, pay the roadies, etc). And big bands, like U2, often have a stake in the concert management companies. Superstars, like Taylor Swift, get tens of millions for each tour, usually lasting 7 - 9 months. I think she raked in over $150 mil last year, most of it from selling her gear and concert revenue from homos and teenage girls. Then it's back into the studio to record another album to support another tour in a couple of years.

saw U2 for free at Dreamforce in SF in October. Not the best concert I've been to by a long shot, but the price was right.

Posted by: Nova ph ()
Date: January 18, 2017 04:46PM

The last time they played in D.C. I won two tickets from the DJ "Cerphe" and the show was OK. People were offering stupid money for tickets outside the venue but we saw 'em anyway... 'wished I had the money instead afterward.

Posted by: I'm joining ()
Date: January 18, 2017 05:00PM

The_man_wins_again Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> U2 charges $50 to become a member

You can become a member of U2 for only fifty bucks? I thought they'd charge way more than than that.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.