HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Langley HS Students Trash New LHS Gym
Posted by: Parent l ()
Date: January 16, 2017 12:17PM

I was at the Langley-Madison basketball game last Friday. Langley won both varsity contests, so congratulations to their teams.

But....at the end of the game, the Langley students in the student section, next to where Madison families were sitting, left the bleachers and aisles completely trashed with papers, plastic bottles and cans. They have a beautiful, newly renovated gym, and they left it in shambles, for someone else to clean up.

I have been at other schools where the announcers ask people to dispose of their belongings when they leave. Are these students so rich and spoiled that they take it for granted that others will clean up after them? I don't think this would happen at Madison, McLean or Marshall, or at least I've never seen one of those schools left in such poor condition by its own students. I wonder what the custodians, who could never afford to live in the Langley district, felt as they worked overtime to clean up the mess these students left behind.

Options: ReplyQuote
­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: January 16, 2017 01:41PM

­

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2017 12:16PM by chuckhoffmann.

Re: Langley HS Students Trash New LHS Gym
Posted by: 3457568 ()
Date: January 16, 2017 03:00PM

Chuck has hit it right on the head.
A bunch of spoiled brats. I never let my kids do this. They always had to pick up after themselves.
Still do.

Posted by: fcpsparent ()
Date: January 16, 2017 03:19PM

It's also a possible lack of leadership/direction from administration. I have seen kids do this same sort of thing at other high schools, but teachers/admin sent messages to parents and had talk with kids and the behavior was corrected. If it's a repeat performance which is not clear then I would guess no higher expectations are set.

Posted by: Dr. Memory ()
Date: January 16, 2017 06:25PM

Langley. Say no more.

Posted by: Snowflake alert ()
Date: January 16, 2017 06:35PM

Snowflakes.

Dirty snowflakes.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.