HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
traffic ticket
Posted by: stevenabsolut ()
Date: September 29, 2006 12:28PM

i got a evasion of traffic control device ticket coulple weeks ago. i got it when i was 18 years old, but they sent me to JDC court...is that right? or did the cop messs up? shouldnt i be going to the general district court?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: traffic ticket
Posted by: kyle ()
Date: September 29, 2006 12:50PM

stevenabsolute,

http://www.courts.state.va.us/

go to the above website, click on court case information, once you click on that select a series of virginia jurisdictions, obviously you want Fairfax County..once you select that, you'll be given the option to select traffic, criminal, civil..obviously you'd want traffic. After you select traffic, type in your name as listed on the page, after that, you should see the time, location to go and charges, also you can pre-pay the ticket if you wiah not to contest it. Importantly, if you're name is not up, give it about a week for the court records people to update the system, your name should be on the list.

other options, call the number listed on the ticket, contact the officer..or simply go by the ticket and go to JDC, chances are the judge might drop the charge based on the officer's negligence. When calling the hotline, it's a gamble considering the wait you might encounter. But, if the ticket states JDC and you're obviously an adult, go the JDC..if the officer shows up to Adult Traffic...the probability the judge drops the ticket is good, because the officer won't be there..however, if he/she is a good cop, they might catch it, and you'll be paying for the charges...well good luck, I'm a county officer and I see this happen sometimes..

Posted by: what? ()
Date: April 13, 2019 09:34PM

stevenabsolut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i got a evasion of traffic control device ticket
> coulple weeks ago. i got it when i was 18 years
> old, but they sent me to JDC court...is that
> right? or did the cop messs up? shouldnt i be
> going to the general district court?

What is that?

Posted by: EML ()
Date: April 13, 2019 11:41PM

The J&DR Court does not have jurisdiction for crimes committed by a person after the person reaches 18, unless the victim of the crime is a family member. Assigning the case to the J&DR Court does not invalidate the charge. The proper course would be to advise the court of the error so the court could transfer the case to the General District Court for adjudication.

Please note I said the proper course, and by that I mean that is what your attorney should do in court. That isn't the only course, and pursuing a different course could increase the likelihood that the charge would ultimately be dropped.

Posted by: just a guess ()
Date: April 14, 2019 12:21AM

what? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> stevenabsolut Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > i got a evasion of traffic control device
> ticket
> > coulple weeks ago. i got it when i was 18 years
> > old, but they sent me to JDC court...is that
> > right? or did the cop messs up? shouldnt i be
> > going to the general district court?
>
>
> What is that?

I believe "evasion of traffic control device" is what you are ticketed for when you cut through a gas station (store, bank, whatever) that sits on the corner of an intersection instead of going up to the intersection and making a legal turn.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.