HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
The homeless panhandler at the intersection of Braddock Rd and the on ramp to the FFX County Parkway
Posted by: homeless scammer PSA ()
Date: December 21, 2016 01:49PM

For the past 3 years, every time I come home for Christmas or to visit in the Summer there is a homeless panhandler who stands at the intersection of Braddock Rd and the on ramp to the Fairfax County Parkway, He has a shanty set up, with a dog, and claims to be a veteran. He was holding a sign which stated that he was a homeless veteran. At first glance, he might seem like a guy down on his luck who is struggling. However be warned.

Last summer, I was making a left on the off ramp onto Braddock Rd and saw him. He crossed the street and started walking. So I parked my car on a side street to get a closer look. A woman (possibly a sister, wife, or girlfriend) in an old red station wagon opens up the back and he throws his stuff in there and then his dog jumps in. He then changes his boots, throws on new clothes, jumps in, and they both drive away. Obviously, this man is a fraud and is claiming to be a homeless veteran with a dog in an attempt to get money from people. It's apparently working since he hasn't left that spot in almost three years. Again THIS MAN IS NOT A VETERAN NOR IS HE HOMELESS!

The authorities continue to remain ineffective in trying to resolve this situation. So I ask you to never give this man money. Please tell anyone you know to avoid giving money to this man as well. It's documented that these panhandlers are either drug users or con artists and earn upwards of $40,000 to $50,000 a year untaxed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The homeless panhandler at the intersection of Braddock Rd and the on ramp to the FFX County Parkway
Posted by: not a veteran? ()
Date: December 21, 2016 02:04PM

How do you know?

Re: The homeless panhandler at the intersection of Braddock Rd and the on ramp to the FFX County Parkway
Posted by: volunteer for united way ()
Date: December 21, 2016 02:09PM

not a veteran? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How do you know?

Because a majority of these scammers you see on the street claiming to be homeless veterans are frauds. Every homeless veteran knows that there are services available through many organizations including the VA. I volunteer with homeless veterans working with United Way. Even the veterans there will tell you that a majority of them are frauds. The real homeless veterans don't panhandle since they all know about the services available. They say that many either went AWOL, were dishonorably discharged for crimes, or never served at all. Such is the case with valor fraud. 99.9% of the time when you see a panhandler holding a "homeless veteran," sign they are lying.

Posted by: asked him ()
Date: December 21, 2016 02:11PM

not a veteran? Wrote:
> How do you know?

Confirmed. I know the gentlemen you speak of. Retired veteran myself and asked to see his blue card or VA card. Conveniently looked in the other direction and walked away. I'm aware of this man.

Posted by: just an idea.. ()
Date: December 21, 2016 02:33PM

Pull up and ask "you cold, buddy?"
If he answers "yes", throw a cup of hot coffee in his fraud face.
Remember to video record/share.

Posted by: Don't FEED the "Trolls" ()
Date: December 21, 2016 11:59PM

It seems like every intersection now. Braddock/Shirley Gate/ Waples Mill/ Lee Hwy. True, where do they go at night? I wish this loitering at intersections could be outlawed. Numerous delays observed for traffic starting to move out, due to some one giving out a few quarters. They also are casing you, esp vehicles that go by often with same occupants that do NOT contribute to the beggars cigg/alcohol/drug dependency issues.

Posted by: Tuba lips ()
Date: December 22, 2016 12:09AM

His name Is John Ewell (pronounced Yule).

He is a retired fairfax county public school painter. Complete loser.

Posted by: Cribs ()
Date: December 22, 2016 01:37AM

He has a shanty set up? How is he homeless then?
A shanty in FFX county is like the Taj Mahal in India.

Posted by: More info please ()
Date: December 22, 2016 09:56AM

Tuba lips Wrote:
> His name Is John Ewell (pronounced Yule).
>
> He is a retired fairfax county public school
> painter. Complete loser.

If you have any more info please share. He claims to be a veteran and some woman in a red car picks him up at night. Sometimes he drives himself.

Posted by: do something ()
Date: December 22, 2016 09:46PM

homeless scammer PSA..

what is the crime? Why not call the Board of Supervisor and get them to pass a code to stop panhandling...

Posted by: Liar liar Pants on fire ()
Date: December 25, 2016 02:36AM

He lives at 12215 Braddock Road, have seen him several times.coming from this home with and without other people and the red Ford Focus is parked I. The driveway partially covered up. He is scammer...
Attachments:
IMG_8126.JPG

Posted by: Liar liar pants on fire ()
Date: December 25, 2016 02:42AM

Red Ford Focus covered up
Attachments:
IMG_9601.PNG

Posted by: Vixis ()
Date: December 25, 2016 03:01PM

A coworker noted she knew someone who panhandled in Manassas, stated he would brag to her how he claimed he was homeless and clocked in over $60k a year begging. That didn't include the money he got from local churches and organizations, he told her he didn't need to waste his time looking for a job with all the tax free money he was getting. The police won't do anything, heck, they don't do anything about illegals loitering around convenience stores and selected areas in Fairfax County.

Posted by: dont hep ()
Date: November 26, 2017 05:11PM

I WONT HELP HIM

Posted by: John E. ()
Date: November 26, 2017 11:35PM

I'm tired of having to come down the hill to collect your spare change. Either you get out of your car and haul your fatass and wallet up to me, or go fuck yourselves!

Posted by: your coworker’s an idiot ()
Date: November 27, 2017 09:18AM

Vixis Wrote:
> A coworker noted she knew someone who panhandled
> in Manassas, stated he would brag to her how he
> claimed he was homeless and clocked in over $60k a
> year begging.

That’s a BS story. You’d have to bring in more than $160 a day, every day for 365 days, to make 60K.

There’s just no way that’s happening. I wouldn’t be surprised if these beggars were only getting 20 or 30 bucks a day doing that, and probably less.

Posted by: John E. ()
Date: November 27, 2017 10:26AM

dont hep Wrote:
> I WONT HELP HIM

Plenty of other suckers will. Go screw yourself, Mr. Scrooge!

Posted by: Hard to believe ()
Date: November 27, 2017 09:05PM

Are any of you guys serious?
Really ...get a grip.

Posted by: Panhandler ()
Date: November 30, 2017 10:12AM

your coworker’s an idiot Wrote:
> Vixis Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > A coworker noted she knew someone who
> panhandled
> > in Manassas, stated he would brag to her how he
> > claimed he was homeless and clocked in over $60k
> a
> > year begging.
>
> That’s a BS story. You’d have to bring in
> more than $160 a day, every day for 365 days, to
> make 60K.
>
> There’s just no way that’s happening. I
> wouldn’t be surprised if these beggars were only
> getting 20 or 30 bucks a day doing that, and
> probably less.

A panhandler in this area can easily rake in $30 an hour. Tax free. Why do you think it's become such a popular living?

Posted by: Ron Blomalode ()
Date: June 24, 2018 01:09PM

Any more information or pics of this guy?

Posted by: Ben Dover ()
Date: June 25, 2018 10:40AM

There's an older lady who panhandles at intersection of Rolling and OKM, with "Homeless Please Help" sign. She was at the counter of the West Springfield post office, with another lady, updating their address along with the names of several other people who lived there. She was clean, had decent clothes, etc. Obviously a scam

Posted by: Reporting Frm Fake Homeless Hill ()
Date: June 28, 2018 08:41PM

*** BREAKING NEWS ***

Fake Homeless evicted?

Reporting live from fake homeless hill it appears the hill has been restored to its natural state. Where there was once dirt now has new grass seed with hay covering. What happened to all his belongings (trash)? Is he gone for good?

We uncovered some photos of all of his belongings laying along side the other side of the exit ramp. Is this his new “home” or just a easily access point for trash trucks to dispose of the garbage...

We’ll keep you posted over the holiday week for further developments
Attachments:
CB5B2EBA-1C4C-4ECB-83B7-BF887B316F10.jpeg
2E9B4E48-31B5-4E25-8ED0-C7CE2FE13972.jpeg
EEA56483-C8C3-472D-8B91-64B6DB5A07A4.jpeg
90431B96-2609-43FA-9000-8606850692FB.jpeg

Posted by: AdamTheNword ()
Date: June 28, 2018 08:54PM

The fake POS is likely just remodeling

Posted by: Driver ()
Date: August 06, 2018 07:50AM

Yesterday I saw him out with a weedeater trimming the grass around that knoll. I'm glad he's taking care of the place, but still somewhat confused that the authorities let him stay there.

Posted by: Dude is a Hero ()
Date: August 06, 2018 09:04AM

He served our country admirably in the military, and he doesn't want to split from his wife, giving her half the house value. He cleans the area, has helped people in car accidents. Heck I bring him coffee regularly he's the man!

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: August 06, 2018 10:04PM

Driver Wrote:
> Yesterday I saw him out with a weedeater trimming
> the grass around that knoll. I'm glad he's taking
> care of the place, but still somewhat confused
> that the authorities let him stay there.

I guess he’s not hurting anyone. Cops are pretty-busy with bank robberies, home break-ins, muggings, murders and gangs.

Posted by: Dhriuypppp ()
Date: August 07, 2018 09:36AM

Maybe he’s a grifter, maybe not. It sucks when people lie, but we choose whether to interact with him or not.Otherwise, let it go & keep it movin’. Personally, I don’t trust until a person gives me a reason to do so, but this is America y’all.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.