HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Temp Agencies in Fairfax
Posted by: Job Seeker ()
Date: December 08, 2016 06:22AM

SO far this year- I have been interviewed at 3 different temp agencies (MAJOR ones, you probably know the names).

In the past 10 years, I have worked for 3 Fortune 500 companies.

My references in said businesses are also personal friends of mine.

I have asked the agencies to NOT contact my references unless they had a pending job offer for me (perm or temp).

They ALL broke said rule, and called my references ONLY to pitch their temporary services to them. My friends called me and told me this, one sounded annoyed, and I don't want to lose them as friends- or references!!

Of course, I was never offered an actual temp assignment through ANY of said agencies. Not even a shitty data entry job (which I would have taken!)

They LOVE to call me in the office, are impressed by my skills (I always ace those Microsoft Office and Typing tests), and insist I will be called quickly to work- but when I check in every other day or so- it's the same story "oh you are at the top of our list we will call you ASAP"- and I see them re-posting the same jobs they had last week/month and never actually hiring someone for them obviously. I do re-appply but hear NOTHING.

Do I have any course of action here?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Temp Agencies in Fairfax
Posted by: jet23 ()
Date: December 08, 2016 02:09PM

apply for unemployment

Posted by: Last ditch effort ()
Date: December 08, 2016 02:24PM

Offer to blow them next time!

Posted by: Broker ()
Date: December 08, 2016 02:28PM

Offer them hookers and blow next time.

Posted by: Temp agencies suck ()
Date: December 08, 2016 03:41PM

They are a waste of time. They must get paid by how many applicants they get cause they never place anybody.

Posted by: Big O and Dukes Fan ()
Date: December 08, 2016 04:47PM

If a temp agency won't send you on even one job there is probably something mentally wrong with you.

Posted by: Plenty of Seasonal Jobs ()
Date: December 08, 2016 04:53PM

There ARE PLENTY of seasonal jobs available every place right now. Department stores and delivery services are ramping up for the holidays.

In college I would work temp jobs when I was home on vacation. I had a lot of fun at most of the jobs.

Posted by: McDonald's is hiring ()
Date: December 08, 2016 08:18PM

Get a real job you faggot.

Posted by: Vixis ()
Date: December 10, 2016 01:57AM

Don't know what skills you have but I have Office Admin Experience, when I was laid off I signed up with Office Team. The next following week, I was working. When I wasn't working, I was collecting unemployment until I was finally hired full time in Manassas.

Posted by: wdWDm ()
Date: December 10, 2016 06:19AM

Which three big ones did you try with?

Posted by: yYDVc ()
Date: December 10, 2016 10:08AM

Apply at security firms. Many security jobs nowadays at the better sites are looking for computer literate people and people who are good at multitasking and communication to work in their command centers.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.