HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Rt 50/66 clover leaf
Posted by: GxmEV ()
Date: December 06, 2016 11:21AM

Jesus, I just drove past the 50/66 clover leaf (was turning around b/c of traffic on 66). That thing is DEEP. I wonder why they made it like that. It would be a cool place to explore.
Attachments:
deephole1.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rt 50/66 clover leaf
Posted by: Keyless chuck ()
Date: December 06, 2016 11:51AM

I see homeless people coming out of there occasionally- so probably is pretty scary/gross/depressing. Have fun, let us know how it goes!

Posted by: winter observer saw it ()
Date: December 07, 2016 07:17PM

There is a deep stream valley inside the loop, engineers must have determined that was the best way to round-about-connect to I-66 west bound. Then "culvertize" the stream under the roadway.
A rather large Homeless encampment has been there for over 15+ years, brown tarp "city" pan handlers/homeless camp. I seems to be expanding, bump-out additions as the years go by. Panhandlers expanding presents too, all intersections nearby. The county is surely aware of this city, as it is obvious by air and vehicle. it is not the only clover-leaf camp. Also, off Shirley Gate GMU woods, stove and the works, I walked up on it once, they don't like that BTW.....

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: December 07, 2016 07:46PM

I don’t like it when they walk up on me in the Birlington Parking Lot or at Giant. So, we’re even.

Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: December 08, 2016 03:12PM

Looks cozy.

-------------------------------------------------
“We don’t have any rude, unpleasant people here. We’re different!”

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.