HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax Circle
Posted by: FAVA13 ()
Date: September 24, 2006 06:30PM

I have a job interview tomorrow and they threatened that they were going to take me over to Brunner's Market, I was so freaked out I couldn’t even eat my food. It's somehwere up near Fairfax Circle, it sounds terrible.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax Circle
Posted by: mariokart ()
Date: September 24, 2006 08:59PM

LOL UR GONNA GET RAPED!!!1

Date: September 27, 2006 04:06AM

No ones going to get rapped you dumbass. I stood outside waiting for two whole hours like a fuckin asshole, and they never even showed up. Christ was I pissed, it was ridiculous.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: September 27, 2006 04:19AM

What is Brunner's Market? I mean food type.

Date: September 27, 2006 03:37PM

it's a caravan-style buffet and they wheel out large carts of food that are decorated with all types of birds and exotic animals

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: September 27, 2006 04:30PM

That sounds kind of cute.

There is a restaurant in the Rideau Center in Ottawa called Marche Lino that is kind of like that. But the theme is more of a country/nature thing than exotic animals. Or perhaps more accurately, like a rustic outdoor marketplace (as the name implies).

Is the food at Brunner's Market any good? Since the Hao Hao buffet and Sergeant Peppers closed, I haven't found any buffet style restaurants that I really like.

Edit: I just realized that the above statement isn't completely accurate - there are Indian buffets that I'm quite fond of.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2006 05:02PM by Genevieve.

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: September 27, 2006 06:40PM

I just wanted to tell you that Ottawa is my favorite city in the world.

Trickie

Posted by: Lasuena ()
Date: September 27, 2006 08:21PM

I’m going up to Ottawa next week for awhile. That is definitely a hopping town! I’m real familiar with Rideau Center, but never saw Marche Lino, where exactly is it? The marketplace is a rocking place, eh? I love the streetside entertainment. Where else up north can you see some guy playing a didgeridoo on a street corner?? What about the guy painted in blue who stands on the milk carton and freaks everyone out? Anyone been to The Cabin, right behind the marketplace? They know how to party! Too bad northernVA isn’t even a third as exciting.

Ok I give up… what and where is Brunner’s Market??

Posted by: TrickiL ()
Date: September 27, 2006 08:59PM

Did you know that many people ice skate to work on the Rideau Canal??

Posted by: Lasuena ()
Date: September 27, 2006 09:22PM

Yep, I’ve seen them. I don’t see how they stay so happy in that kind of cold. But notice how the traffic keeps moving even in the worst weather. Nobody even abandons their vehicles, it’s sort of surreal in fact. We should send a traffic study team to go check it out up there, might help here.

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: September 27, 2006 11:57PM

I love Ottawa in the summer. The winter... not so much. Of course it doesn't help that the last time I was in Ottawa in winter my car battery died from the cold (and I drove on 2 inches of ice without snow tires). I remember going tobagganing as a child though.

My mom grew up in Ottawa and most of her family still lives in the area. She actually did skate to work on canal. I have never lived in Canada, but I am a Canadian citizen through my mother.

Marche Lino used to be called Movenpick. I don't remember where it was located, but I believe it was on the ground level. Unfortunately, I haven't been to Ottawa much in the past few years and haven't had time for a trip to the mall. Anyway, it has a great ambiance - it has realistic looking trees, a fountain and other nice touches.

I love the Byward Market and afternoon tea at the Chateau Laurier. Not to mention beavertails and poutine. Mmmmm. Even their fast food chains are better - why don't we have any Harvey's here?

What I like about Ottawa drivers is that they don't have false security in SUVs. In fact, not many people seem to drive SUVs. But they can handle snow and ice much better than we can.

Have fun Lasuena!

Posted by: Advise of a good friend ()
Date: August 08, 2019 03:49PM

you will love it

Posted by: [deleted] ()
Date: August 08, 2019 03:50PM

[deleted]

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.