HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Navy Elementary Dissappoints Again
Posted by: Sad but Not Suprised ()
Date: September 10, 2009 09:38AM

Navy Elementary School Administration continues to show lack of leadership - this time regarding President Obama's address to students. Without any notice, email, or communication, the principal and assistant principal decided refused to show our students President Obama's address to them. Instead, students were given a website link to watch the address on their own.

Can somebody explain why FLE is MANDATORY with an option to opt out and yet our kids are denied our President? Why didn't Navy show the address? Couldn't they have shown it with the opt out option like FLE? Don't bother telling me opting out makes kids feel bad. If you can do it for FLE you can do it for the President.

So it was the first day of school. Nothing special there. It was the first day of school for EVERY FCPS and yet most if not all others found a way to communicate with their students/parents about the address prior to that day. Where was the KEEP IN TOUCH from Navy? Why did Navy cave under to the voices of a few right wing wackos versus common sense? Do they not have any common sense at Navy? I guess the answer is obvious. Sad. Disappointing. And obvious.

Navy used to be a school to be proud of. Now it's just a joke. But nobody is laughing and our kids are paying the price. How much longer does this have to go on? Don't answer that. I don't want to know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Elementary Dissappoints Again
Posted by: Ilene ()
Date: September 10, 2009 09:55AM

You are right. Every child who attends this school will grow up to be stupid
and homeless and it's all because they didn't get to watch the speech live.
I suggest you organize a group of Militant Helicopter Parents immediately and
take over.

Posted by: Irene ()
Date: September 10, 2009 10:11AM

Thank you Ilene/Katie. Exactly what I expected from you.

Posted by: huh? really ()
Date: September 10, 2009 10:54AM

I think it is great that Obama is speaking to schoolchildren, but really, making the quantum leap that Navy is somehow a bad school because it "deprived" students of listening to Obama's speech. Please. It will have no impact on their lives, and frankly, the population at Navy is not one that would benefit from an inspirational speech - they by and large have very caring and involved parents. Why not rant about something of significance?

Posted by: agreeable ()
Date: September 10, 2009 11:18AM

I agree with you. In the grand scheme of things, does it really matter? However, I also know that tiny raindrops accumulate and can make a river overflow it's banks.

I think what the poster is trying to say is that this is just one more rain drop? Hence, the "again" part of their title? Its the little things that add up over time and a theme emerges. So what is the theme at Navy? Those of you with kids there, lets hear from you...

Date: September 10, 2009 02:22PM

Mark Bibbee is an arrogant retard.

Posted by: aparent ()
Date: September 11, 2009 09:46AM

It's not necessarily Navy (or FCPS for that matter) that's changing, it's the parents. Parents jump on every single thing that schools do (from preschool to college). Parents are the experts on grades, curriculum, discipline, sports, just about everything. Parents call the teacher, principal, school board, organize groups when either they or their child is the tiniest bit inconvenienced. When their child gets a bad grade or breaks a rule, it's always the teacher's fault, the school's fault or it's a bad rule. Kids are not learning personal responsiblity because their parents haven't learned to take responsbility yet. Blame the school is their mantra.

Date: September 11, 2009 10:08AM

aparent is very accurate, but Bibbee is still a turd.

Posted by: Ray ()
Date: September 11, 2009 10:34AM

aparent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's not necessarily Navy (or FCPS for that
> matter) that's changing, it's the parents.
> Parents jump on every single thing that schools do
> (from preschool to college). Parents are the
> experts on grades, curriculum, discipline, sports,
> just about everything. Parents call the teacher,
> principal, school board, organize groups when
> either they or their child is the tiniest bit
> inconvenienced. When their child gets a bad grade
> or breaks a rule, it's always the teacher's fault,
> the school's fault or it's a bad rule. Kids are
> not learning personal responsiblity because their
> parents haven't learned to take responsbility yet.
> Blame the school is their mantra.

You hit the nail right on the head! "helicopter parents", "busybodies",
whatever you want to call them cause more trouble than they're worth.
They raise neurotic kids who cant find their ass with both hands.
I feel sorry for the teachers and staff who have to deal with their
nonsense every day.

Here is a video that sums up the stereotype:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwIcaV1xKSA

Posted by: MommaBear ()
Date: September 11, 2009 02:30PM

Having the address on the first day of school created too many difficulties for some schools. Navy chose to let their parents show the speech. If your kid didn't watch it complain about your own dumb ass.

Posted by: Ron Burgundy ()
Date: September 11, 2009 02:43PM

If it's posted online and you want your kid to see it, by all means, show your little Johnny a speech from President Obama. I personally don't think your kid will even give two shits to see it anyway.

Money for nothing and your health for free
Posted by: I Want My Obama TV ()
Date: September 11, 2009 02:51PM

Now that ain't educatin' that's the way you do it
You play the Obama on the damn TV
That ain't educatin' that's the way you do it
Money for nothing and your health for free...

Posted by: Jack Dale III ()
Date: September 11, 2009 03:07PM

M'am - if you don't like your school, take you children out and send them to a private school of your choice. Why bitch to a bunch of f'ing bloggers? Just complain to the school administration and, if you don't like it, leave. No one's forcing you to send your kids to Navy.

Posted by: No TIVO? ()
Date: September 12, 2009 02:24AM

If your child REALLY needed to see that speech, in order to become a worthwhile person and productive member of society, you should have recorded it. For the rest of the kids, it was just a waste of time. No kid in Loudoun county saw it, yet they seem to be getting along just fine without it. It's not like they can't catch the President on TV many times each week. In case your dumbass kids need another message from the President, tune into 60 Minutes on Sunday or his financial speech on Monday. Surely you didn't miss his Wednesday night speech.

Yeah, many opportunities for your kid to get to know the President. But if you try to record them all, your DVR will fill up very quickly. Try to pace yourself.

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: September 15, 2009 04:57PM

They'd have shown it, but Litsa stole the money budgeted to buy TV's.

Posted by: lawnguy66 ()
Date: September 18, 2009 05:12PM

There are no tvs at Navy.

Posted by: Ashley Morid ()
Date: April 17, 2016 06:09PM

There is a teacher, Mrs Aria. She treated my daughter very badly. My daughter is in high school now, thank god:) I just hated that lady! She made my daughter's 6 grade year absolutely miserable. I have another daughter who still attends Navy, ugh! I hope she does not have to deal with Mrs. Aria, a.k.a the huge b***. Navy is overall a terrible school filled with disrespectful teachers. They only pay attention to your child's flaws, nothing else. I don't recommend enrolling your child there. You'll deeply regret it if you do!

Posted by: da bumper ()
Date: April 18, 2016 08:01PM

Date: April 19, 2016 08:49PM

Actually, Navy is not all terrible, it has flaws, but not really terrible. There are some teachers who are very nice. You can enroll your child there if you really want to. I apologize for the what I wrote.

Posted by: Ashely M. ()
Date: April 20, 2016 08:17AM

I don't think your child will grow up to be stupid and homeless just because they did not watch that speech

Date: April 27, 2016 09:37AM

Here are the bad teachers( treated my daughter badly) at Navy
Ms. Booe
Ms Aria
Mr. Mccelland
Ms. Marshall
The school physiologist, Ms. Henderson
Mrs. Thomas
sometimes Ms. ealman

Re: Navy Elementary Disappoints Again?
Posted by: Cast Aspersions ()
Date: April 27, 2016 04:25PM

I would be interested in learning what the supposed 'flaw' was that the teachers were focusing on that you admit she had. Does your daughter still have that flaw? Or did it somehow mysteriously disappear after leaving Navy.

Most of the 'teachers' that you mentioned (I don't know them all) are the penultimate examples of following procedure and the law to get students exactly what they need, especially special ed students. To not heed their advice on anything that happens within a school's walls is folly.

Are they all perfect, no. Do schools sometimes hire teachers that other schools have 'recommended', and later find issues with them, sure. However, some of the ones you mentioned are running entire schools now. Others have moved on to other schools sharing their expertise they gained at Navy.

Navy is a forge where children of all economic scales (but mostly high), of all races, dozens of nationalities, varieties of english ability, and high parental expectation go to get K-6 education. Most of these parents could send their children to private school, but they know what they get from Navy, and enrollment is still climbing.

Waiting for your comment

Posted by: Ashely Morid ()
Date: May 04, 2016 05:10PM

cast aspersions, the flaw that my daughter had was that she had difficulty interacting with her peers. She was really shy when she was in elementary school. She is not shy anymore. Middle school helped her make that change. The thing is the teachers kept telling her she needed to improve and my daughter was so sensitive, she thought there were saying she was a bad student and she came home crying a lot. I thought they were being harsh with her, when they really were not, they just wanted to help her. My daughter even admits she was too sensitive back then. As a parent, I would do anything to protect my child, that's why I got so angry and posted the comments. You are absolutely right teachers are not perfect and they make mistakes when they are teaching. That is just part of learning. I don't disagree with anything you said. Those teachers were just doing their job and Navy is a good school now that I think about it. This was a good learning experience for me. With that being said, thanks for your comment, you opened me up to a different view of the problem.

Posted by: Tainted by Boosterthon ()
Date: May 04, 2016 05:24PM

What do you want, this school uses Boosterthon. Off to Atlanta, soccer moms!

Posted by: Adedmic ()
Date: May 04, 2016 08:04PM

I love boosterthon too!

Posted by: Ashely Morid ()
Date: May 04, 2016 08:18PM

Actually, all those teachers that I wrote were bad are not really bad. I took time to think about it. They were just helping. Sometimes you have to be strict to help someone to be successful. They were actually very good teachers an I want to thank them very much.

Posted by: mXupC ()
Date: May 05, 2016 04:50PM

mXupC

Posted by: Ashley M. ()
Date: May 05, 2016 06:07PM

Forget about the bad comments I posted about Navy. I am sorry. I was just very angry and impulsive. I wanted to protect my child and make sure she was was happy there.(I an a very overprotective parent). I wish I could delete those comments that I posted. I did not mean them at all. Navy is a good school. I can't apologize enough. Happy early mother's day!

Posted by: coughar ()
Date: May 05, 2016 09:48PM

I forgive you Ashely

Posted by: Fralinnnn ()
Date: May 05, 2016 09:50PM

I forgive you too. We all say stupid stuff we don't mean

Posted by: Gummybear ()
Date: May 05, 2016 10:00PM

I know this is off topic, but how did Prince die? . I am dying to know

Posted by: Ashley M. ()
Date: May 06, 2016 07:32PM

Dear Mrs. Booe, Mrs. Arya, Ms. Henderson, Mrs. Mcelland, Mrs. Ealman, Ms. Marshall
I want to apologize for what I posted about you. You do not deserve it. You never did what I posted. That was very wrong of me. I was just very angry. You were actually very good teachers. Thank you.I feel a lot of remorse for what I posted. Keep being good teachers!

Posted by: Millop ()
Date: May 08, 2016 03:34PM

I never thought Mr. Bibbe was arrogant or a turd.

Date: July 30, 2016 02:20PM

Cast aspersions, if you happen to read this blog at one point or another, you really are you? give me your first and last names and what connection to Navy di you have. Are you a teacher there or what?

Date: July 30, 2016 02:23PM

I apologize for my poor spelling!
Ashley Morid

Posted by: Claicexxo ()
Date: October 07, 2016 11:20AM

Mr. Bibbee was the principal back when my kids attended Navy. Now he's a principal at a high school in California. I always thought he was kind of cute:)

Posted by: Heartgirl17 ()
Date: November 03, 2016 07:46PM

I don't understand what teachers refuse to see the positive aspects of someone who is severely disabled or introverted. Surely, they have to have good traits. Why not Stop correcting emphasize on those. This is the reason why I'm so depressed all the time. Throughout my school career teachers, phycologists, and therapists alike have said at least 20 negative things about me. From very poor social skills to unusual behaviors. They only said about 2 positive things. No joke! I don't understand why it's so hard for them to see the positive qualities in me! They will benefit from following the golden rule, "When given the choice between being kind and right choose kind!" Negative criticism really tears people down. Positive feedback builds their confidence and generally makes them happy people. The world would be a much better place if people were only paid attention to one another's positive qualities and did not acknowledge the bad ones. Let's all make at least an effort to follow that golden rule everyday!

Posted by: Heartgirl17 ()
Date: November 03, 2016 07:51PM

There was an error on the third sentence. It's not supposed be read stop correcting. only why not emphasize on those?

Posted by: Pcdxh ()
Date: November 28, 2016 07:12PM

Pcdxh

Posted by: BeMine ()
Date: February 15, 2017 03:55PM

Have you ever felt like schools should be a bit more considerate?

Incident 1: When I was in a difficult class playing a difficult game, I came up with answers that were not even close and one of my partners rolled his eyes at me.

Incident 2: When someone interferes with your conversation don't take it way too personally and be patient.

Incident 3: t:e need to listen carefully and crucially. They should not just make assumption on their youngsters. Be patient, easy on them, open minded.
People need to act in a more appropriate and nice manner when they are stared at.
The End:)

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.