HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Emus!
Posted by: 12 ()
Date: September 21, 2006 06:39PM

I'm suprised this hasn't made it here yet - FCPD released a news release yesterday warning Centreville residents of an escaped Emu:

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/reports/Reports%202006/092006animemu.htm

Emu on the Loose in the Centreville Area

On Monday, September 18 at about 3 p.m., three emus escaped from a farm located near the 15000 block of Braddock Road. One emu found its way home while Animal Control captured a second in the 5300 block of Chandley Farm Circle. The third emu is still on the loose. The last sighting was at 8:30 a.m. today, near Kamputa Drive and Sully Park Drive.

Citizens are urged to pay close attention when driving near that area. The emu will most likely stay off the highway unless scared or cornered.

Anyone with information about the location of the emu is asked to call the Animal Shelter at 703-830-1100 or police non-emergency number at 703-691-2131.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Emus!
Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: September 21, 2006 08:22PM

oh man, Add the Phantom EMU to the bunnyman and the Bohemoth

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: September 21, 2006 08:29PM

WELCOME TO AMERICA!!!
Attachments:
AllenEmu.jpg

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: September 22, 2006 10:58AM

My friend lives near there. Those houses are huge mansions. Some redskins used to live there. She found out because she took her kids trick or treating there. So my guess is someone has an exotic pet like an EMU in their huge yard probably in a little colonial style barn that's the size of a town house. Luckily I know what an emu is because that clue is always in crossword puzzles. I hope they find it before it gets hit by a car. My guess is he is hiding out at Cox Farms scared to death. Poor little thing!!

Trickie

Posted by: Ferfux ()
Date: September 22, 2006 02:28PM

I know charles mann lives in Great falls behind Route 7. He is prolly the one riding his pet Emu down to the 7-11 on the corner of route 7 and old reston Avenue

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: September 22, 2006 02:46PM

No the redskins name was Clark because on Trick or Treat night he handed out Clark bars with his autograph. I forgot his first name.

trickie

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: September 22, 2006 04:24PM

I was really hoping maybe I'd get to see it running loose somewhere, but I'm outta luck, it looks like the lost emu found it's way back home.

http://www.nbc4.com/news/9912519/detail.html

I read somewhere that these things can run at speeds over 40mph- that's gotta look pretty cool, it'd be funny to see one lighting it up thru some housing development.

Posted by: Damaged Brain? ()
Date: March 20, 2019 11:54AM

Is he mentally ill?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.