HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Lyft or Uber for your next ride
Posted by: 346VK ()
Date: October 22, 2016 06:41AM

Have used both to some extent for both personal and business. If you use any business or service enough, something will likely go wrong. The vast majority of the time the rides are without problem.

Lyft - driver forgot to turn off meter a few minutes after ride, another time another driver instead of pick me up even after saying calling me before pick up checking my destination he said he would, he goes past my neighborhood toward airport on VA28 to pick up someone else, tracking this on the GPS map before I cancelled him (he would not answer his phone, both ways caller ID annonomized, as initially thinking that GPS got him really lost, and my pick up point was Home as with many rides before so that not the issue). Both instances, Lyft responds to my email within 15-30 minutes, would not pair me with either driver again, and gave me more than the expected amount of $ credit.

Uber - driver forgot to turn off meter until 10 minutes after ride, another ride newer driver got lost in the the I495-US50 interchange area spending extra minutes. After days of back and forth with Uber and multiple emails, only credited me for about 1/2 of ride overcharge from the meter not turn off issue, and on the 2nd issue, no credit them saying within $ range for ride.

Lyft compensates it drivers slightly better than Uber, from having drivers who worked for both.

Lyft allows you to tip through the app. Uber, if you want to tip your driver, be sure to have some small currency with you, uuugh, another time taking errand to the bank to get those small bills. Some Uber drivers may have Square readers (not offically support), so hesitant for security reasons to try this for any tipping if available.

Lyft, despite myths, in No. VA, you can choose to ride in the back of the car instead of the front and never do the fistbump. Smelly Lyft cars myth, also untrue, not had any more seldom instances with Lyft vs. Uber on this one.

More Lyft riders on the road than a year ago.

Which company will you choose next time if you have need for a car service, going to airport, drink run in snow, etc.? Personally, I choose Lyft as they work quickly to make things right when on occasion things go wrong and seamless tipping, and only keep Uber as a backup if by chance the nearest Lyft car is too far away in very offpeak AM hours living in western Fairfax, as still more Uber drivers on the road.

Disclosure, just a passenger, not a driver for either service nor hold any financial or close relationships in either company.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.