HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Nothing to Worry About...It's Just a Family Problem
Posted by: Lester Burnham ()
Date: September 18, 2006 12:24AM

This is what I heard from the FOURTH police officer to arrive at our new neighbor's house around 9:45pm on Saturday night as several friends stood in my driveway wondering why there were so many in front of their house. I guess that we would have ignored it more easily if this was not the second time in four days that the police had been there.

We live on a quiet cul-de-sac in your typical middle class subdivision, but the neighborhood really seems to have changed over the past 12-18 months. This house had been vacant for nearly a year as the owners, who were living in a townhouse in Kingstown, tried to flip it. After five months on the market they quietly moved in around Labor Day, but no one knew that anyone was living there until this week.

I support the idea of a right to privacy within your own home, but when the police start making your house a regular stop I feel that it would be nice to know if those of us within, say, range of a bullet, should be concerned for our family's safety.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nothing to Worry About...It's Just a Family Problem
Posted by: Firrat ()
Date: September 18, 2006 12:40AM

I say buy a gun and a very nice security system..... Teach your kids and wife how to shoot a bad man...you will be ok ;)

+ guard dog...

If all fails

Have female asian driving school lessons in your neighborhood...They'll run his ass over for sure.

Posted by: mariokart ()
Date: September 18, 2006 01:05AM

A couple of years ago we lived near Compton Road in a townhouse. Our next door neighbor was a huge druggie, and police came over often. Most of the time he wasn't there, but once I saw him running in the woods behind our residence with a helicopter searching for him. Not sure if he ever got caught.

Date: September 18, 2006 01:19AM

Firrat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> + guard dog...
>
German Shepherd Dog keeps a close watch on everything on our street and even managed to scare away the guy looking to sell us a security system. She seems to have a good sense of who belongs and who doesn't. Of course, once you get INSIDE the house she may become your best friend if you play tug-of-war, but most sane people would probably rather not want to find out if she is really an 85lb lap dog.

I am less concerned that my neighbors are going to burglarize my property, than what might be going on at their residence.

Posted by: jose ()
Date: September 18, 2006 02:03AM

Mind your own business,Go inside your house and FUCK your wife.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: September 18, 2006 02:05AM

for once I agree with jose. Mind your own damned business until they make their business yours. This preemptive strike shit is better left to higher-up bunglers, like our president.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: September 18, 2006 07:38AM

Look up the address in the arrest search and see what comes up.

Posted by: mariokart ()
Date: September 18, 2006 07:59AM

I WILL FUX UR WIFE 4 U, WHILE U FIGURE OUT THIS myster

Date: September 18, 2006 08:52AM

RESton Peace Wrote:

> This preemptive strike shit is better left to
> higher-up bunglers, like our president.

What do you mean by 'preemptive strike'? I never implied that my neighbors were preparing a lynch mob or starting a petition to have them move, just a bit concerned that the police have spent more time on my street in the past 96 hours than in the previous 10 years that I lived there. While I doubt that we are dealing with something like a meth lab, it would be nice to know if it is safe to let our children play in their house, or if there is a risk that they might become innocent victims in the crossfire of a domestic incident gone very, very bad.

Posted by: Firrat ()
Date: September 18, 2006 08:57AM

Maybe you should Install a few web cams looking at that house in diff angles for us to watch if anything cool happenes.

Maybe The cop is banging your neighbors wife?

Posted by: Jim Lawrence ()
Date: September 18, 2006 09:23AM

mariokart Wrote:
> I WILL FUX UR WIFE 4 U, WHILE U FIGURE OUT THIS
> myster

Mariokart,

You don't say much son, but when you do it's direct and too the point, and I salute you for that.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: September 18, 2006 09:37AM

mm meth lab

I say go for it Lester, sounds like you could use a little chemical intervention if you thought I was serious

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: September 18, 2006 10:13AM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> mm meth lab

lol... i was thinking about posting saying it was a meth lab. great minds think differently... so im going to have to kill you.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: September 18, 2006 10:45AM

Hi Lester,

Personally, I would not allow my children to go into their house. They may not be supervised very well or the mom might allow them to watch PG 13 videos or even worse!!!! My guess about the frequent police visitors is perhaps domestic problems.
We have a family like that on our street too. It's a rental house - SFH - and their windows are covered by sheets rather than curtains or blinds. There are several kids there but I rarely see adults. The teens and preteens are up late walking around even on school nights. One girl asked me if she could use my phone. I let her and then asked if everything was okay. She said yes. The police come on a regular basis to that house too! I feel sorry for the kids there. I bet they don't have regular family meals or go to CCD or have outside activities.
I don't think you live near a meth lab. Since they put all that dangerous cold medicine behind the counters at Giant, hopefully, those druggies won't be making that stuff. If they do, it's probably out in the country.
Good luck with your neighbors. You could go to the court house and look up who owns the house. I bet it's a rental.

Trickie

Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: September 18, 2006 11:00AM

Lester, the first thing you do is check out the state police website to see if there are any child molesters living there.

Then check out the fairfax county website to see lists of crimes reported in that area. Most of the time it only gives the block area of the crime and not the exact address but it will give you a pretty good idea what is happening. I dont think it will tell you about domestic cases but it should on any felony offenses.

If all else fails corner one of the cops that are there and tell him there is a donut with your name on it if you tell me what is going on in that house.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: September 18, 2006 11:05AM

maybe one of them is a baker that gives out free donuts.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: dd ()
Date: September 26, 2006 09:06PM

What if the house was like... a surveliance house... and some other house in your neighborhood is being watched...

I suggest you close your blinds at night, lock the door, and sleep...

Maybe he won't come after you, the boogey man of course rawr.

Posted by: Da Answer ()
Date: July 19, 2020 08:32PM

Sure it is

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.