HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
County Fair / Auction signs all over Fairfax area but the idiots forgot to put the location of the fair on the sign!!!
Posted by: Dummies ()
Date: September 24, 2016 09:05PM

Anybody else see these? They are everywhere but none of the signs say where the stupid fair is!!! Ha!!!
Attachments:
IMG_8206.PNG

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: County Fair / Auction signs all over Fairfax area but the idiots forgot to put the location of the fair on the sign!!!
Posted by: Spoon Feeding The Idiots ()
Date: September 24, 2016 09:11PM

youthfortomorrow.org has the info.

Read the sign.

Re: County Fair / Auction signs all over Fairfax area but the idiots forgot to put the location of the fair on the sign!!!
Posted by: Obliviousness ()
Date: September 24, 2016 10:32PM

He was pointing out that he did not have Internet access to find the answer.

I mean when he posted the picture on this site that showed no address listed, wait, never mind.

Posted by: Public Service ()
Date: September 24, 2016 10:39PM

As a courtesy for those Fairfax Underground users who do not have internet access:

Host: Joe Gibbs, YFT Founder and Chairman
Chair: Richard Norman
When: Saturday, October 1st 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Where: Youth For Tomorrow Campus, 11835 Hazel Circle Drive (just off Linton Hall Road) Bristow, VA
Why: To benefit Youth For Tomorrow – A residential youth home and private school for at-risk teenage boys and girls
Admission: $10 for adults, $5 for children 16 and under, ages 3 and under are free.
Kids ride and play all day for free on more than 80 rides and amusements with paid admission.
Live Auction starts at at 12:30 under the big tent in the midway. Everyone is welcome! Come see Joe Gibbs speak.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: September 24, 2016 11:54PM

I find fairs at fairgrounds. duh

Posted by: bkVcW ()
Date: September 25, 2016 05:10AM

It's an attempt to blacklist anyone who doesn't have Internet access. In other words, it's racist.

Posted by: BackOfSign ()
Date: September 25, 2016 05:43AM

Hey idiot. It's on the back of the sign. Go pull it apart and you'll see. Report back.

Posted by: Marketing 101 ()
Date: September 25, 2016 02:27PM

What idiots! Marketing 101, if you want people to attend an event, and you want them to pay to attend then it's in your best interest to make all the information immediately available at first glance. You sure as fuck don't want potential customers to have to go look for the information! Guarantee this "fair" is a colossal failure because of this idiotic method of advertising the event.

Posted by: readerofsigns ()
Date: September 25, 2016 02:37PM

I did see this sign while driving the other day. And the first thing I thought was: why is that sign here and where is the event?

And then I never thought about it again until now.

Posted by: Generic General ()
Date: September 25, 2016 04:03PM

It is a generic sign that can be reused from year to year, even if the venue location changes.

Only the date is listed, and you can see that it has been easily modified from time to time.

They are just trying to be frugal with their signage and advertising budget.

If you found out that 10% of the donations went to yearly sign costs you would be complaining about that too.

Posted by: People In The Know Get This ()
Date: September 25, 2016 04:10PM

Get this - If you are too stupid to go the website that is clearly displayed on the sign for complete info, then you need not attend.

Posted by: Signs? ()
Date: September 25, 2016 04:43PM

Take this quiz:

Have you ever been to a fair before?

Were you only aware of the fair and its location because a sign you saw while walking or driving?

If you answered yes to the second question, you are full of shit.

In conclusion, shut the fuck up, this thread is closed.

Posted by: Thread Bot ()
Date: September 25, 2016 04:49PM

This thread is officially closed. Any further replies should be considered irrelevant and will be ignored.

Posted by: yes they are ()
Date: September 25, 2016 04:58PM

Signs? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Take this quiz:
>
> Have you ever been to a fair before?
>
> Were you only aware of the fair and its location
> because a sign you saw while walking or driving?
>
> If you answered yes to the second question, you
> are full of shit.
>
> In conclusion, shut the fuck up, this thread is
> closed.
>
>

but they are such pretty little signs.....

Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: September 25, 2016 07:26PM

Well, OP is maybe overreacting a bit, but has a valid point. If the fair is a mile from my house, I'm more likely to remember and be interested in going. If I see the sign (as I did repeatedly today) and have to try to remember a URL to go look and see whether I want to go, I'm a lot less likely to go (and, in fact, have forgotten the URL).

Pretty basic marketing stuff. I understand the "reusing the sign" point, but surely if the date can be changed, so can the location? Or a smaller sign added below the main one?

This is all too common, especially on the web: I keep finding websites for professional organizations that give no clue what their acronym stands for, or conferences that don't list the location without digging. Gotta test usability, kids!

Posted by: Losers ()
Date: September 25, 2016 11:20PM

Saw the signs, no clue where the fair is so no chance I'll be attending.
Losers.

Posted by: Joe Gibbs ()
Date: September 25, 2016 11:35PM

Fair attending tutorial for the mentally retarded:

Step 1: Read sign.

Step 2: Type website address on sign into browser on phone.

Step 3: Attend fair

Sincerely,

Joe Gibbs

Posted by: xNW3e ()
Date: September 26, 2016 12:01AM

Joe Gibbs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fair attending tutorial for the mentally
> retarded:
>
> Step 1: Read sign.
>
> Step 2: Type website address on sign into browser
> on phone.
>
> Step 3: Attend fair
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joe Gibbs

More likely senario. You are DRIVING your car and see the sign. You bother to glance at the sign and read the first two or three lines and it peaks your interest. But at the speed you are going you don't actually have time to read through all 10 lines of the sign. And the url appears at the bottom so it is likely the last line you will read. On the odd chance you did see the url you are a responsible citizen rather than a FFXU asshole so you don't type a url into your phone while driving. And then you forget about it.

Posted by: justread ()
Date: September 26, 2016 12:38PM

the very first line of the sign tells you the location...joe gibb's youth for tomorrow...if you don't know where that is then you should look it up. not that hard

Posted by: dont care ()
Date: September 26, 2016 01:36PM

I don't care where the fair is because I am not going. Thank god after this weekend we won't have to look at those signs anymore because I am getting tired of seeing them everywhere I go. That is of course if the organizers are responsible enough to go around and remove all of the signs they have scattered all over the freakin county!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.