HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Master Bath Tub to Shower Renovation
Posted by: Master Bath ()
Date: September 22, 2016 09:59PM

Looking to hire someone to demo the existing tub/shower and put in a new stand up shower in the master bath. I'll be doing the rest of the tiling, painting, vanity work myself.

There are about 1 million options in the Fairfax area and I don't want to waste any time getting overpriced quotes from those bath fitter type companies.

Anyone have any bath remodelers you've worked with that you would recommend getting quotes from?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Master Bath Tub to Shower Renovation
Posted by: Actual cost formula ()
Date: September 22, 2016 10:19PM

Call up Michael and sons for an estimate, divide their estimate in half and that will get you the actual fair pricing non ripoff contractors charge.

Angieslist is free now, check them out. Look for companies with the least amount of ads and the shittiest office.

Posted by: too true ()
Date: September 23, 2016 05:27AM

Angies list may be free for the users, but not for the contractors that use it. It's real expensive. They also do no background checks. Try porch. You may also try home wise. They do criminal background checks before you can be listed as a contractor, and the fees are reasonable so that the contractors don't have to find ways to make up the difference at the expense of the clients.

Posted by: Two Baths ()
Date: September 23, 2016 01:13PM

Posted by: Dunno nuthin ()
Date: September 23, 2016 01:47PM

If only there was a large convention-center like building somewhere in Fairfax County where I could talk to some vendors about home projects this weekend. Somewhere that might have people even more informed than the experts of Fairfax Underground.

Posted by: Nicdoot ()
Date: September 23, 2016 06:07PM

Two Baths Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> http://www.twopoorteachers.com/

I second Two Poor Teachers. I saw work they had done for a neighbor and we were impressed. We had them redo two of our bathrooms and they did great work. Use mostly Home Depot products so they give you a list of tiles and things you can go there and pick out. We liked a vanity at Home Depot so we had them put that in. Decent prices and honest people. And yes they used to be two poor teachers but they aren't either of them anymore. Lol

Posted by: Limbergen ()
Date: June 23, 2019 08:52PM

I'm really bad at plumbing that's why I had my bathroom renovated instead of doing it on my own. Well, in general, why not to rely on a construction firm fully? I need to repair my basement that's why I consider this option https://csgrenovation.ca/our-services/basement-renovation/ in order to avoid problems.

Posted by: Case ()
Date: June 23, 2019 09:30PM

Case

Posted by: Jeorge H Waters ()
Date: November 01, 2019 05:47AM

Hello guys. Have you ever imagined the house of your dream? What does it look like? Personally, I dream of a big and cute house. There would be a pink kitchen and white living room. I also think about grey bedroom and I will look at images of grey bedrooms and make a decision about it.

Posted by: GordfelcOn ()
Date: November 24, 2021 02:07PM

I’m just interested in who else here is doing renovations in their house/apartment? I have realized that our bathroom needs to be updated a little, let’s call it this way. And since my wife went to celebrate Mother’s Day in Dallas with her family I decided to make a present for her. I found her Pinterest account and the designs she saved for our future bathroom. And with a help of a contractor and new radiators (see this Page) it turned out fantastic. My wife was shocked!))

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2021 05:11PM by GordfelcOn.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.