HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
City of Fairfax Director of Economic Development Chris Bruno, who is this creep?
Posted by: Fairfax Lurker ()
Date: September 15, 2016 10:09PM

Who is the City of Fairfax Director of Economic Development Chris Bruno? A quick scan of this creep's Twitter page shows that he doesn't even live in Fairfax County and is a recent transplant from New York who gripes about our city and Metro. Oh and his first week on the job, he was sent to a conference in Atlanta. He certainly doesn't seem to care about Fairfax, posting half-hearted statuses mixed with insults slung at our region.

https://mobile.twitter.com/chrisbruno84

Here's a photo of his tweet criticizing our city skyline and a couple of him griping about the Metro.
Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: City of Fairfax Director of Economic Development Chris Bruno, who is this creep?
Posted by: Woody's ()
Date: September 15, 2016 11:51PM

Those pictures are from the roof of Woody's Ice Cream.

Re: City of Fairfax Director of Economic Development Chris Bruno, who is this creep?
Posted by: d6XJm ()
Date: September 16, 2016 09:29AM

fairfax is quickly filled with non-english speaking people obtaining prime real-estate and building new homes - purely on SUPPOSEDLY GOV PAY

there is endless corruption by democrats in the area which has infact near killed me - and they did try to kill me and certainly frequently threatened to imprison me without a trial

i strongly suspect either wholesale abuse of state funds AND OR heavy counterfeiting in the area

Posted by: Silverthorne ()
Date: September 16, 2016 09:34AM

Sounds like OP is a troll who applied for the same job and didn't get it.

So sad.

Posted by: smell tester ()
Date: September 16, 2016 01:16PM

Yeah. He's not one of ours.

Posted by: phelpsmarc ()
Date: September 17, 2016 03:28PM

What's the deal with the totally vacant strip malls on Route 50 just as you enter Fairfax City. As you head west you notice these or your right.

Are they waiting to tear these down?

What will they put in? New stripmalls? Apartments? Townhouses?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2016 03:28PM by phelpsmarc.

Posted by: So fucking dumb ()
Date: September 17, 2016 03:35PM

Why don't you idiots look up the City planning documents? Is it because you couldn't read them if you found them?

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: September 17, 2016 03:51PM

why don’t you fucking say something if you know something.

Date: September 17, 2016 03:52PM

I don’t like him for the reasons OP posts. Snide remarks about the City which, obviously, is paying his recently acquired salary and secondly for living in Arlington. I think NY is beaconing him home on the swift boot express.

Posted by: ScottsInfectedPenis ()
Date: September 17, 2016 04:13PM

This guy is clearly a douche bag. One thing my father always taught me was never trust a ginger.

Posted by: When in Rome ()
Date: September 19, 2016 06:33AM

causeican Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don’t like him for the reasons OP posts.
> Snide remarks about the City which, obviously, is
> paying his recently acquired salary and secondly
> for living in Arlington. I think NY is beaconing
> him home on the swift boot express.

Yep. He's from Bohemia, NY. Suburban Long Island is its own inbred culture. They come down here and want to turn this into that. If I moved to LI, I wouldn't try to change it, I'd deal with it, assimilate or leave. And he doesn't even live in Fairfax City. Just go the fuck back if you don't like what you see here.

Date: September 20, 2016 12:08AM

^

Posted by: Arby ()
Date: September 22, 2016 09:42AM

We heard him speak a few weeks ago. Seems like he has some good ideas. I'd give him some time first. He understands that Fairfax needs to evolve in 2016. I hope some of his ideas help our business because right now we are losing customers and we can't survive off of older retirees.

Also, I don't think you found the right guy, When In Rome.

Posted by: who do you think you are? ()
Date: September 24, 2016 10:28PM

He needs to get over New York and accept that he lives in Fairfax.
Oh wait....he doesn't.

Posted by: Gingerstruggle ()
Date: September 24, 2016 10:38PM

I wouldn't hire a ginger to do any job. I think all gingers should be the volunteers of the US. We could kick them out of the real workforce. Designate them all as volunteer workers but provide them housing and food seperate from the rest of the population.

Date: September 24, 2016 11:53PM

I resent that.

Posted by: BetterThanThis ()
Date: October 08, 2016 09:20AM

I heard from a reliable source that he is trying to push people out of their jobs. This is the typical "NY I do what I want" attitude and we don't need that in our town. Get outta here bro.

A technology zone does nothing but let the government hand pick their fav businesses. Has it gotten so bad here that we have to allow free rides for our buddies? What a disgrace.

Date: October 09, 2016 04:03AM

Arby Wrote:
> I hope some of his ideas help our business
> because right now we are losing customers and we
> can't survive off of older retirees.
>
> Also, I don't think you found the right guy, When
> In Rome.

Business is good and life is better when government doesn’t nickel and dime you to death. lower taxes and less fees brings business and keeps business.

Posted by: Excellent ()
Date: October 10, 2016 06:54PM

causeican Wrote:
> Business is good and life is better when
> government doesn’t nickel and dime you to death.
> lower taxes and less fees brings business and
> keeps business.

You have my vote...Please run!

Posted by: BlackeyedPez ()
Date: January 06, 2017 07:28AM

This guy sucks. I watched his presentation arguing to "brand" the city as Fairfax city earlier this week. As if people are actually getting confused. Stop, just stop. We don't need Fairfax to be more hipster friendly. Go back to New York if you hate it here so much.

Date: January 06, 2017 09:12PM

why does a city need a brand?

Posted by: Big brother ()
Date: January 07, 2017 12:02AM

For God's sake it doesn't need a brand. They are a government body. They have a formal name and a seal. This is nothing but an expense.

Posted by: Little Brother ()
Date: May 23, 2017 09:29AM

Saw this guy profiled in the Connection. I had heard he left a few months ago. Guess not. I know some higher ups don't think much of him. The article makes it sound like he's trying to make Fairfax Great Again. Loser. Still pushing the brand and waste of time facade program too.

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: May 23, 2017 09:42AM

Little Brother Wrote:
> Saw this guy profiled in the Connection. I had
> heard he left a few months ago. Guess not. I know
> some higher ups don't think much of him. The
> article makes it sound like he's trying to make
> Fairfax Great Again. Loser. Still pushing the
> brand and waste of time facade program too.

HaHaHa! Make Fairfax Great again! That's a good one!

Posted by: Thebigone ()
Date: July 31, 2017 12:36PM

Panera has closed. Green Turtle has closed. His bosses hate him and he is kind of an a$$hole. When is he going back to New York. Our City is failing and he’s in the developers pockets.

Posted by: Lord Fairfax l ()
Date: August 02, 2017 12:27AM

He is doing an excellent job. Look at the development.

It's the old stodgy city counsel that is holding him up

The City is improving.

He is a big part of it.

Posted by: XDHPP ()
Date: August 02, 2017 07:29PM

Lord Fairfax l Wrote:
> He is doing an excellent job. Look at the
> development.
>
> It's the old stodgy city counsel that is holding
> him up
>
> The City is improving.
>
> He is a big part of it.

Well, tell him to get on Combined Properties and fix the mess at Fairfax Circle!

Posted by: Derek ()
Date: September 18, 2017 05:49PM

I don't know about you all but I for one am tired of this. Maybe it's this Director of Economic Development or maybe it's not. Our beloved City now resembles a dying failure of a municipality and it's largely at the hands of this man. Since he has arrived we've lost half of the businesses downtown, a high school has started leaving, and we are experiencing construction everywhere. I can't believe he's made it this long and I get that he's probably an underwhelming fart in the wind, but this is enough. I can't believe that he is still here trying to push development downtown. We are a town and we want a quiet town. End of story. Stop making things worse by pushing out good businesses. Go back to NY.

Posted by: Old Man Joe ()
Date: September 19, 2017 06:07PM

Fairfax City is now pretty much destroyed now...that carpetbagger is Shit for Brains...must have been hired by the gay sex for drugs Mayor..

Look at Old Town Manassas on a Friday....then look at whats left of Old Town Fairfax...I mean the strip mall

Posted by: Confederate.Son ()
Date: September 19, 2017 06:49PM

Just another dirty Yankee carpetbagger coming down South trying to tell us what to do...yawn, he'll get fed up and leave.

Posted by: Chuckiet ()
Date: September 20, 2017 07:17AM

Is that worthless douchebag still here, sucking on the taxpayer tit?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.