HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
IAVAFail
Posted by: dbLhp ()
Date: August 30, 2016 08:11AM

Looks like Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA) is just another money laundering op for politicians. No Johnson in the "Commander-in-Chief" forum despite Johnson's lead in a recent (but unscientific) poll of servicemen and women. http://thehill.com/policy/defense/288546-poll-libertarian-johnson-beating-trump-clinton-among-active-duty-troops

This also despite an outcry from those that would like him included, and despite most wanting Johnson in the national debates http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/293324-poll-majority-of-voters-want-johnson-on-debate-stage

No wonder On October 2, 1988, the League of Women voters voted unanimously to pull out of the debates, and they issued a press release condemning the demands of the major candidates' campaigns. LWV President Nancy Neuman said that the debate format would "perpetrate a fraud on the American voter" and that the organization did not intend to "become an accessory to the hoodwinking of the American public."

https://youtu.be/GLAh3pui-CI

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: IAVAFail
Posted by: DpEeH ()
Date: August 30, 2016 10:17PM

Posted by: DontKnowHim ()
Date: August 30, 2016 10:27PM

Who is Johnson?

Posted by: Johnson is a douchebag ()
Date: August 30, 2016 10:31PM

A pothead who wants open borders, what could go wrong?

Posted by: U4Dkp ()
Date: August 30, 2016 11:01PM

Right. Keep voting for those who have brought you monopolies in energy, transportation, food, (now) healthcare, finance, etc., while engorging themselves.

Blame corporations or liberals - your choice.

BELIEVE in your team's rhetoric, ignoring reality. They are on YOUR side and you NEED them! Keep empowering the masta, because it's too frightening otherwise.

Oh, how I wish we still valued freedom and bravery.
--------
Johnson's statements on the previous poster's topics:

“Marijuana products, which directly compete with legal prescription drugs on the medical front, don’t kill anybody."

"As a white guy who served two terms as Governor of New Mexico, a border state with by far the largest percentage of Latino residents in the nation, I really wish the nativists and panderers alike would just take a break, admit what the real problems are, and let common sense prevail"

Posted by: 6yGJX ()
Date: August 31, 2016 08:21AM

Yeah what a loser:

After my service as governor was finished, I largely stayed away from politics. I went home, pursued my passions for skiing and cycling, climbed Mount Everest, built my dream house and enjoyed my freedom.
But there was a big problem. I found I could not sit on the couch and watch as the politicians in Washington, Republican and Democrat alike, ran up trillions in debt, sent our young men and women into harm's way to fight ill-advised wars, and turned our government from a protector of freedom into a threat that is intruding into virtually every aspect of our personal and financial lives.
I couldn't stand by and do nothing. I had my freedom, and I had my comfortable life, but I couldn't accept the fact that the politicians were making it increasingly difficult for my kids and millions of others to achieve their dreams as I had achieved mine.

Posted by: EW9wt ()
Date: August 31, 2016 11:31PM

The political machine wants complete control, and we're giving it to them.

Posted by: DKWEt ()
Date: September 01, 2016 09:19PM

Posted by: vkeNx ()
Date: September 03, 2016 08:48AM

Just had Johnson on Fox. As he was effectively explaining his positions after being berated by the host who misrepresented his positions, they pulled the plug - satellite problem they said. Right.

Posted by: LvpJj ()
Date: September 03, 2016 10:23AM

EVEN BIGGER FAIL:

http://libertyviral.com/update-gary-johnson-invited-to-iava-forum-but-not-with-trump-and-hillary/#axzz4JCaHgVoj

These politicians are trying to keep us on the plantation, barefoot and pregnant, ignorant as possible.

Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe. --H. G. Wells

Posted by: kYjec ()
Date: September 03, 2016 10:51AM

Nixon and Khrushchev agreed to free exchange of ideas but our current "leaders" do not. Very sad to see, and we must vociferously reject them.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-CvQOuNecy4

Posted by: jMyeG ()
Date: September 03, 2016 11:33PM

Posted by: dDund ()
Date: September 04, 2016 09:38AM

Freaking hilarious - iava trying to tell vets to quit criticizing them for supporting duopoly and for not delighting in separate-but-equal access -- 'cause your guy johnson wants you to. Which of course is
ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155183345837995&id=8607847994&__tn__=%2As

But now they've sucked in the Military Times to do damage control
http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/johnson-iava-forum-protests

Don't these assholes understand these people put their fucking lives on the line for freedom!?! And they expect them to sit down and shut up and let IAVA take care of them?! No one is threatening anyone...just sharing truth, which of course is threatening to liars.

Posted by: WPFXk ()
Date: September 04, 2016 09:56AM

Hey D's and Rs - the servicemen fought for your freedom, yes, but they fought for their own, too.

p.s. then RedState* posts 4 stupid things in a minute to move this down the board. Wants to shut me up too I guess. Maybe they think this isn't a "free speech zone" - sorry, our country was a free speech zone.

Posted by: Y4NXT ()
Date: September 04, 2016 11:16AM

Go to Military Times now and see a flattering pic of Johnson up front and center. Guess they don't want the taint of IAVA's approach. I presume the editing is skewed because the same dude that wrote the other article wrote this one. But they sure don't want to go down with the IAVA ship.

Posted by: mkKEH ()
Date: September 04, 2016 01:51PM

Comcast owns NBC and is chock full of influence peddlers:
With $18.8 million spent in 2013, Comcast has the seventh largest lobbying budget of any individual company or organization in the United States. Comcast employs multiple former US Congressmen as lobbyists. (Wikipedia)

Matt Lauer, who will "moderate":
/www.mediaite.com/online/flashbback-matt-lauer-was-listed-as-a-notable-member-of-clinton-foundation-initiative/

Posted by: numWP ()
Date: September 04, 2016 04:26PM

In time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- Orwell

Posted by: yTTph ()
Date: September 04, 2016 05:05PM

Posted by: OIF Vet ()
Date: September 04, 2016 06:16PM

IAVA has always been a joke. They were more interested in getting free NFL tickets and adventure vacations for vets than addressing any real issues (homelessness, PTSD, suicides, VA failures, etc.). Now the founder wants to abuse his position to steer votes toward his own political desires. Of course all VSOs are political organizations, but IAVA is just an embarrassment.

Posted by: KP4Cw ()
Date: September 04, 2016 06:36PM

That makes me sad - and angry. I see from Charity Navigator the top dog pocketed nearly 250k while the org was over 400k in the red in 2014.

Posted by: e6kGL ()
Date: September 04, 2016 09:27PM

Thank you, vets, for fighting for our liberty - whether with swords or truth.

Posted by: 4n37x ()
Date: September 05, 2016 11:22AM

IAVA fb rating was nearly 5 stars, now it's one-point-something. Thousands and thousands are pretty POd.

Posted by: KPDFn ()
Date: September 05, 2016 10:49PM

good

Posted by: GU9MT ()
Date: September 07, 2016 08:32AM

Be sure to forget about watching this tonight.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.