HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Review of the "ImportExpo Auto Show" today at DC Convention Center
Posted by: 72FordGranTorinoSportRoof ()
Date: August 28, 2016 04:59PM

45 year auto enthusiast here...I have a penchant for Detroit Iron but, a fast car is a fast car so, I can appreciate other folks' strokes, too.

So, the first thing I learned about an "ImportExpo Auto Show" is that it's code for "late model Japanese cars that dude-bros pour thousands of dollars into, which probably makes the cars go really, really fast but stylistically, they are nothing special."

Sorry, dude-bros...your riced out cars might out perform my 72 Gran Torino Cobra Jet but, you will never convince me your cars have more style and class than mine.

Also, if you're over 25 years old you're not welcome to own one of those rice jobs, apparently. And if you have a vagina instead of penis, you're really only good for posing next to cars. Finally, too many 4-door sedans, too many automatic, sequential or constant velocity transmissions.

Meanwhile, here at Classic Car Nation...we like 2-door coupes, manual transmissions, displacement not technology to make us fast, owners of all ages and owners of all genders.

And what's with all you cholos sporting Takata brand seat belts? Why would you trust your life and the lives of your passengers to seat belts made by a company who can't be bothered to build a proper and safe air-bag propellant system which has in fact killed people?

You do get marks for the 1970 Datsun roadster and also marks for the Corvette Z06, the 1964 GTO, the Mustangs and the extremely vintage Chevrolet convertible. Though, I have to wonder why these cars were there at an import car show? Also, good marks for the German and Italian cars, too but...you could've used more. No Ferraris, no Bugattis, no Maseratis, no Porsches, no Saabs, no Volvos, no Fiats, no Lamborghinis, no Jaguars, no MGs, no Triumphs, no Aston-Martins. For an import show, there were lots of missing makes.

In closing, thanks for all the "reminders" I got about wearing my Shelby Cobra t-shirt. It was fun schooling all of you dude-bros on the fact that before Carroll Shelby dropped Ford iron under the hood of those A.C. Ace automobiles, they first had to be IMPORTED from England.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Review of the "ImportExpo Auto Show" today at DC Convention Center
Posted by: GmCKt ()
Date: August 28, 2016 09:18PM

I autocross a lot. Raw times typically for the mullet brigade are usually last or close to last. Fawkers cant turn yo.

Posted by: AP1 S2k ()
Date: August 28, 2016 09:20PM

Yep, my 2.0L 4 banger will beat the shit out of most every bloated murican V8

Posted by: Huh??? ()
Date: August 29, 2016 07:42AM

AP1 S2k Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yep, my 2.0L 4 banger will beat the shit out of
> most every bloated murican V8

Assuming for the moment that your car is totally stock...no, no it won't beat the shit out of an American V8.

And if you went up against an American V8 which had as much money spent on mods as your 2L I-4, you're STILL not beating the shit out of it.

The only way your 4cyl beats an American V8 is if the American V8 is stock and you're running all your mods.

You're comparing papayas to apples.

Posted by: KDJDV ()
Date: November 28, 2016 07:29PM

KDJDV

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.