HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Boy has lifelong injuries after attack by bully
Posted by: Ludwig ()
Date: August 28, 2016 02:20PM

Boy has lifelong injuries after attack by bully

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/falls-church/boy-has-lifelong-injuries-after-attack-by-bully/309697815

Video in link above

FALLS CHURCH, VA (WUSA9) - A brutal attack this summer inside a Fairfax County High School has left a 15-year-old boy with lifelong injuries.

Another 15-year-old boy, the alleged bully, is charged with malicious wounding, a felony. WUSA9 is not naming either boy because they are both juveniles.

A video taken by a student shows the second punch, the one which brought the boy to the ground. He was taken to a hospital where he had to undergo surgery for a broken jaw and chin. He had to have his mouth wired shut for three weeks. He still has metal in his mouth seven weeks after the attack.

His attorney Maken Shirafkan, said the attack could have been prevented.

"He was bullied and the school system did not do what was called to prevent it," Shirafkan said.

The incident happened on July 22, 2016, in J.E.B. Stuart High School. Both boys are from other high schools but were enrolled in summer school at Stuart. The victim, an immigrant from Iran, said the other boy bullied him from the start.

"He said, β€˜it's going to be a problem if you look at me again.’ I said, β€˜I'm not looking, I'm just thinking,’" the boy recalled.

He said the bullying escalated to a threat. He was sitting outside the classroom doing his work when the boy came by and asked him if he wanted to fight, he said. He told him he didn't want to.

That scared him, so he went to the office and told them about the threat. But what a staff member did, may have made things worse.

"She brought the kid out and talked to him. He came back staring at me," said the victim.

The next day, he was attacked. The bully came by outside the classroom where he was sitting again, and pointed at him, saying he was the reason the woman called him out. He told the boy to stand up, and threw a punch. The attacker paused, and punched again, harder, knocking the victim to the ground. The victim never even attempts to fight back.

He was taken to the hospital, where his parents met him and were shocked at the blood coming from his mouth.
Shirafkan said school staff should have separated the two boys, and alerted parents, or the school resource officer first, before calling the bully out in front of his peers.

"The school has two victims, that young man is now looking at a felony. And this young man is left with injuries he'll deal with the rest of his life," said Shirafkan.

A Fairfax County Schools spokesperson said they cannot discuss specific student disciplinary actions, but in addition to the criminal charge, fighting on school property can lead to suspension or reassignment to a different school or program.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy has lifelong injuries after attack by bully
Posted by: vote no on the meals tax ()
Date: August 28, 2016 03:22PM

Wonderful. FCPS can redesign their web site, go on retreats, hire instructional coaches and travel all over the world but they don't know what to do about bullying.

FCPS needs to spend responsibly. Vote against the meals tax, send a message to FCPS.

Posted by: YkhVD ()
Date: August 28, 2016 03:29PM

>"The school has two victims, that young man is now looking at a felony. And this young man is left with injuries he'll deal with the rest of his life," said Shirafkan.

No, not really. That's wrong think. You have one victim. You have one young adult who is so maladjusted he can't fit into society.

Posted by: MarshaMarshaMarsha ()
Date: August 28, 2016 03:32PM

'...The school has two victims, that young man is now looking at a felony..."'

What the fuck?! Since when is a bully made into a victim?!

No fucking wonder kids are fucked up. They beat the shit out of kids and the bully is a victim?

Un-fucking-believable.

Posted by: MarshaMarshaMarsha ()
Date: August 28, 2016 03:35PM

Ohhhhh......the lawyer for the REAL victim said that!

Great defending of your client dipshit. Get another lawyer if you want to get the money for medical expenses the punk caused.

Posted by: what I hope happens ()
Date: August 28, 2016 03:49PM

I hope the bully's family is driven into bankruptcy and they end up living in a trailer park over this. I'm sure they are wonderful parents to raise such a hateful, violent, child.

Posted by: #blm ()
Date: August 28, 2016 04:29PM

The name of that school is to blame.

It inspired this racist attack.

Posted by: Uprj3 ()
Date: August 28, 2016 05:08PM

what I hope happens Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hope the bully's family is driven into
> bankruptcy and they end up living in a trailer
> park over this. I'm sure they are wonderful
> parents to raise such a hateful, violent, child.

That's racist.

Posted by: who cares? ()
Date: August 28, 2016 05:13PM

Uprj3 Wrote:
> what I hope happens Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I hope the bully's family is driven into
> > bankruptcy and they end up living in a trailer
> > park over this. I'm sure they are wonderful
> > parents to raise such a hateful, violent,
> child.
>
> That's racist.

The bully is a piece of crap and his parents probably are too. Let them go live in their car, then, for all anyone cares. The REAL victim needs compensation for his injuries, suffering, and trauma.

Posted by: policeforcey ()
Date: August 28, 2016 07:19PM

The attacker sounds like one of the conservative site posters. Beat the shit out of someone for no reason whatsoever. Im glad its a felony and Im glad the attacker will probably serve some time or at least his parents will pay $$$ for the life time injuries sustained.

Someone raised this violent young man to believe it was proper to be violent against another human because you dont like them. Im guessing he has a bright future in the armed services or the police force...

Posted by: Typical lib. ()
Date: August 28, 2016 10:20PM

The attacker is from liberal parents and has never been showed love or taught tolerance. This is typical liberal rage and hate.

Posted by: Typical Refucklican ()
Date: August 29, 2016 09:13AM

More like raise by conservatives filled with hate......

Posted by: here's a question ()
Date: August 29, 2016 09:31AM

Did the bully play football?

Posted by: Tally Whack-er ()
Date: August 29, 2016 10:51AM

He played knick knack tally whack on the kids jaw.
Why would it ever matter if he played any kind of sport?

Posted by: a pattern has emerged ()
Date: August 29, 2016 11:52AM

Events at Steubenbille, vanderbilt and elsewhere have shown that football players believe that the rules don't apply to them and that they are often involved in various types of abuse.

If the bully played football, the coach and school may have liability. If the bully did not play football, he is toast (anyway) and his family better get ready to pay up.

Posted by: FrankR. ()
Date: August 29, 2016 12:48PM

Typical lib. Wrote:
> The attacker is from liberal parents and has never
> been showed love or taught tolerance. This is
> typical liberal rage and hate.

Correct. Libs are hateful and violent. See Trump "protesters" in Cali earlier this year if you need a reminder.

Posted by: morons@ffxu ()
Date: August 30, 2016 12:31AM

I like how there's several people blowing gaskets and criticizing the lawyer's remarks about there being two victims. The first few of you didn't even realize the person making that comment was the lawyer for the bully. Then all of you collectively have no critical thinking skills to understand why their lawyer would say that and how its an additional indictment against FFX county school's handling of the situation. It's the first steps of in a settlement or leading to a lawsuit. Glad they charged the other little shit with malicious wounding. Kid sounds like a fucking psycho douchebag.

Posted by: typofixer ()
Date: August 30, 2016 12:32AM

^ should say lawyer for the bullied and not bully.

Posted by: Muzzie assassin ()
Date: August 30, 2016 01:10AM

Ludwig Wrote:
> The victim, an immigrant from Iran, said
> the other boy bullied him from the start.
Attachments:
tumblr_l5se1iTR0T1qz4w1go1_500.jpeg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.