HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Excellent Sunday Buffet @ Hard Times Cafe - Springfield
Posted by: Satisfied Customer ()
Date: August 28, 2016 10:24AM

Good Morning!
For the second Sunday in a row, we had the excellent breakfast buffet @ Hard Times Cafe - Springfield. It is peaceful and no waiting in line. With coffee your bill runs $15 per person. The fresh fruit, made to order omelets, and sausage gravy are wonderful. Yes, there are other quality places in Springfield, but this is worth a try. See you there next Sunday. :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Excellent Sunday Buffet @ Hard Times Cafe - Springfield
Posted by: foodboi ()
Date: August 28, 2016 11:15AM

lol....a shit hole with rodents....viet cong gang members and illegal beaners....no thanks

Posted by: Foodman ()
Date: January 22, 2017 11:35AM

Well guess we know who was a Trump supporter and bigot that can only talk shit through an online forum @foodboi, more like bitchboi. Anyways Hard Times rocks because bigots save us the trouble from seeing them there. Mama is the best!

Posted by: Throwback to Smoke ()
Date: January 22, 2017 06:29PM

I made the mistake of walking in there a few months ago. I thought -- along with a lot of other people -- that smoking had been banned in restaurants many years ago for the health of employees and customers

Well somehow, Hard Times has found a way to skirt the law through some kind of loophole which seems quasi-legitimate at best. Basically they have a small area in the front in which active smoking is not allowed. But the majority of the space is filled with clouds of smoke and every surface is covered with a grimy film of tar and nicotine. The doors that separate the small nonsmoking area are far from airtight, so the aroma of stale tobacco smoke permeates the entire place. God forbid if you are sitting near the door when it opens and catch a lungful.

My eyes turned red after about 2 minutes. We had placed an order but got too nauseated and had to leave before being served. God it was awful.

Posted by: Frank Carpenter ()
Date: January 22, 2017 06:43PM

Don't eat anything at this shit hole,we made mistake 2 days before Christmas and spent Christmas in bed shitn and pukn, health department has numerous complaint s about this dump

Posted by: dilz ()
Date: January 22, 2017 07:27PM

Too bad. My family used to go to Hard Times frequently. Not sure why we stopped, but we haven't been in a few years.

I do seem to remember the smoke. They have that big bar/pool table area in the back and I guess they can still allow smoking back there.

Posted by: Choke on the Smoke ()
Date: January 22, 2017 07:29PM

I went there for a function of a group I belong to and yes surprise surprise it is filled with smoke. That is hard to believe but I have the smelly clothes to prove it. I had to go home and take another shower to get the smoke funk out of my hair and skin.

Posted by: chlli dog ()
Date: January 22, 2017 08:05PM

I was really craving chili dogs. They're supposed to famous for their chili. The two dogs arrived with barely enough chili to even see and cold shredded cheddar cheese on top. All served on dry/stale buns. Shit, I'd rather have a 7-11 chili cheese dog.

Posted by: fiff ()
Date: January 22, 2017 08:34PM

Did Meade Skelton perform?

Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: January 22, 2017 09:34PM

Do they vegan free?

Posted by: Steven Stevenson ()
Date: January 22, 2017 11:00PM

I've never been. But it sounds like I should try it! Is the buffet only on Sundays?

Posted by: 6emdj ()
Date: January 23, 2017 08:12AM

How about the one if Fairfax City? Breakfast buffet?

They too have a smoking area...which to me kind of is like having a designated area in the pool to pee.

But, do they have a breakfast buffet and big mimosa's?

Posted by: go to El Paso instead ()
Date: January 23, 2017 11:48AM

6emdj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How about the one if Fairfax City? Breakfast
> buffet?
>
> They too have a smoking area...which to me kind of
> is like having a designated area in the pool to
> pee.

That is an excellent analogy. I once walked in to Hard Times. As soon as I got in the door I smelled smoke and asked the hostess what was going on and wasn't it illegal to smoke in restaurants. There does seem to be some kind of loophole. I turned around and walked out and went over to El Paso restaurant on Commerce St. The don't have chili dogs or a buffet as far as I know, but the chili and fajitas are good.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.