HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
VASAP Violations?
Posted by: DudeGuy69 ()
Date: August 16, 2016 06:30PM

I was convicted of DUI a few months ago and I'm wondering what sort of offenses or behaviors would result in being returned to court in violation of the VASAP probation. Would a simple drunk in public or possession of alcohol (I'm 19) charge result in me being returned to court and having to serve my suspended sentence? Or would I simply be assigned additional treatment/classes rather than being sent to jail? I am due to begin school at a university well known for partying in a week or so, and I'd rather go to NOVA for the time being if simply being caught drunk would result in jail time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: VASAP Violations?
Posted by: VASAP Answer ()
Date: August 16, 2016 07:59PM

Dude, just live the straight edge until you're off paper. It'll be a mental challenge that you can meet; if you can't meet it, then you have a problem, and need help.

(Okay, as an attorney, let me tell you: Yes, a Drunk in Public would be a problematic violation for a DUI. At the very least, the Judge will order you to follow ASAP's enhanced requirements, which will probably include 20 weeks of group therapy, on your dime. So there.)

Posted by: DUI.Expert ()
Date: August 17, 2016 09:17PM

If you blow positive on your interlock you will more than likely be going to jail for a couple days. You'll also get to keep it the whole year instead of having a chance to have it removed after six months.

DIP/Possession will get you bumped up a treatment level, but you probably won't get jail time for it. The small group "intensive" treatment is $40 /hr with the potential to be assigned 40+ hours so you really don't want that.

Not completing the VASAP classes, violating your restricted/driving suspension will also get you sent back to court. Getting convicted of some other misdemeanor would not be a good idea either.

Posted by: Damn Man ()
Date: August 18, 2016 12:11AM

I got one 7 years ago and never got pee tested once. I also had a few interlock violations and got it extended for only a few months. Seems like they don't fuck around nowadays.

Posted by: William ()
Date: January 11, 2018 01:18PM

I was convicted of a DUI in October. I have had the interlock placed on my vehicle in November. I recently got a letter from VSAP regarding that my license is still in a suspended status and that I will not get credit for the testing that I have already submitted, until I bring my license out of suspension. I also have not paid my court fines because the court has given me a year to pay this obligation. My understanding is that DMV warrants a $230.00 fine.

and to add to my additional problems - I blew a positive in December in the interlock and now VSAP has sent a letter to the courts indicating I have violated my probation and wants the case reviewed.

Posted by: Ask a lawyer ()
Date: January 11, 2018 04:07PM

This is a question you should address to your lawyer. It may cost you a few $$$, but if you get in trouble you can't stand in front of the judge and say "I relied on information I got on the Internet." It is better to have the attorney who gave you the advice standing up for you before the court.

Posted by: Trump Supporter ()
Date: January 11, 2018 05:15PM

Face it, you are going to be a criminal for the rest of your life. Get used to life in prison.

Posted by: Party Asshole ()
Date: January 11, 2018 05:42PM

William Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was convicted of a DUI in October. I have had
> the interlock placed on my vehicle in November. I
> recently got a letter from VSAP regarding that my
> license is still in a suspended status and that I
> will not get credit for the testing that I have
> already submitted, until I bring my license out
> of suspension. I also have not paid my court fines
> because the court has given me a year to pay this
> obligation. My understanding is that DMV warrants
> a $230.00 fine.
>
> and to add to my additional problems - I blew a
> positive in December in the interlock and now VSAP
> has sent a letter to the courts indicating I have
> violated my probation and wants the case reviewed.

Have you considered not drinking and driving? You are a total asshole.

Posted by: Dr. Memory ()
Date: January 11, 2018 05:58PM

OP--You're outlining strategies to permit yourself to continue to drink to the point of intoxication rather than stop drinking altogether, or at least resolve to not drink before driving. You have a problem with alcohol. Find an AA meeting and attend. You don't have to join right away, just go and listen to the stories. You might eventually find a way to control your drinking so you don't get your ass in a jam on a regular basis, but the signs are not favorable at the moment. In all likelihood, your life is not going to get better until you stop drinking. If your campus has a reputation for hard partying, you need to re-evaluate your reasons for going there. Be honest with yourself. Good luck.

Posted by: Kill yourself today ()
Date: January 11, 2018 08:01PM

You’re just as bad as a criminal nigger!
Take a look at yourself in the mirror you fuck!
Sad sack of shit...

William Wrote:
> I was convicted of a DUI in October. I have had
> the interlock placed on my vehicle in November. I
> recently got a letter from VSAP regarding that my
> license is still in a suspended status and that I
> will not get credit for the testing that I have
> already submitted, until I bring my license out
> of suspension. I also have not paid my court fines
> because the court has given me a year to pay this
> obligation. My understanding is that DMV warrants
> a $230.00 fine.
>
> and to add to my additional problems - I blew a
> positive in December in the interlock and now VSAP
> has sent a letter to the courts indicating I have
> violated my probation and wants the case reviewed.

Posted by: duilover ()
Date: February 08, 2018 10:01PM

your first interlock violation will just be a warning with maybe some additional classes. dont blow hot again or you are screwed. also, dont think you can drink the night before and get away with it. just stay off the juice for 6 months.

Posted by: blew positive ()
Date: February 10, 2018 10:10PM

Also convicted on DWI 1st - installed Interlock into my car and was good for almost 2 months. Blew to start car (all good) blew again and it locked me out (5 mins) after trying multiple times. Immediately called Interlock to as wtf since I have literally not consumed any alcohol in roughly 7-8 months. They told me to change the tube I was using and try again. Sat on the phone with them while I swapped it out and blew again - passed no problem. Called VASAP and spoke to my assigned case manager after getting it recalibrate. He pulled up the photos and said that the system registered either a 0.16 or a 0.016 I can't remember and that 5 mins later it was at 0.0 again.. Case manager said he believed it wasn't alcohol in my system and kind of just left it at that. I stopped smoking recently but have begun to use a vape system and I think that may have triggered it? Ive been very careful and dont use mouthwash or spray any cologne anymore so I am still at a loss to how it could have registered any alcohol. I didn't have to pay the recalibration fee and VASAP didn't take it any further. Since then, I dont vape in the car until after the second time you have to blow (after driving the couple minuted after initial startup). No problems since then. The whole thing has been a huge pain in the ass but I already paid all fines and fees, including the 220 to DMV to reinstate license and received the new hard license in the mail the other day. I can't wait to get the Interlock out of the car. Taking it one day at a time is the only thing I can do without bashing my head against the wall everytime I plug the car up to get driving to work. To everyone else who has the Interlock installed, you probably aren't an alcoholic and are generally a safe driver but made the mistake of driving intoxicated, got unlucky, and got caught. Not drinking shouldn't be a problem, honestly hasn't been one for me. Just put the beer down for the 6 months and be careful. VASAP and Interlock are always ready to get more money from you - that what 90% of this DWI process has been about - punishing you for a fairly common behavior by destroying your pocketbook. Tread lightly.

Posted by: Ignition interlock fraud ()
Date: August 22, 2018 11:01PM

Check out the facebook page virginia ignition interlock fraud. You can hear my call with Special Programs Coordinator Chris Morris. He was not able to explain why the interlock registered alcohol when I wasn't drinking. It's because the devices measure other alcohols like isopropanol.

Posted by: krejdj ()
Date: August 22, 2018 11:10PM

Bunch of Dang Alcoholics on FXU? Not surprised ^

Posted by: cwvk7 ()
Date: August 23, 2018 10:23PM

your in sanctuary city DNC run democrat controlled area called fairfax

ARE YOU A DEMOCRAT? ARE YOU HISPANIC?

Posted by: GOP ()
Date: August 24, 2018 07:55AM

cwvk7 Wrote:
> your in sanctuary city DNC run democrat controlled
> area called fairfax
>
> ARE YOU A DEMOCRAT? ARE YOU HISPANIC?

Me and my sister are born and bred Republicans from Virginia. And so are our children. Of course we are white.

Posted by: Darren leake ()
Date: January 24, 2024 10:17PM

Fuck you vasap! Especially district 9 vasap! You are a bunch of sorry pieces of shit!

Posted by: Darren leake sucks cock ()
Date: January 24, 2024 10:24PM

Fuck you vasap. Especially district 9 . Everyone who works there sucks their moms dick

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.