HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Redskins
Posted by: Fairfax MF-er ()
Date: September 11, 2006 10:35PM

Damn, Damn, DAMN!

So fucking close!

Al Saunders offense definitely was an improvement over last year. However, the guy pretty much neglects anything in the middle of the field or any significant throws down field. I'm sure this reduces the risk of interceptions, but why have weapons like Brandon Lloyd or Randel El on your team and not maximize them?

On the other side of the field, the defense definitely came apart. What was the deal with the coverage down field? How many times can Brad Johnson make the same exact throw before someone downfield knocks down the damn ball? And WTF was up with Sean Taylor and all the dumbass penalties?

The killer, though, was kicking. The punter is a fucking tool. I could kick better than Frost, and I can't kick worth shit. As for Hall, he shanked the game tying kick, just like he did in the pre-season. I like Hall, but the guy is walking wounded. Those quads have given him problems for years. It would have been nice if the Redskins had finally done something about kicking. This has been a problem going back to Norv Turner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Redskins
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: September 11, 2006 10:43PM

LOL- Eagles now in first place. You bitches got pWn3d.

Posted by: MrDoctor ()
Date: September 11, 2006 11:45PM

game looked good they have alot of potential this season

Brunell got some quick feet

Posted by: Maverick ()
Date: September 12, 2006 12:14AM

What game were you watching?

Date: September 12, 2006 12:19AM

If Jason Campbell had played they would have won.

Let's face it, Brunell is washed up. I told you guys he sucks. Campbell has such great hands, the greatest I've ever felt. He's going to go far in this league once he's in charge.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: September 12, 2006 12:22AM

orly then

Anyway, that game was total disappointment. They were playing perfect ball going into the half and then they choked.

Posted by: Firrat ()
Date: September 12, 2006 08:48AM

I am done watching the redskins...they dissapoint me!

I quit watching football cause of them.

Posted by: 345 ()
Date: September 12, 2006 09:18AM

can Brunell throw an accurate pass more than 20 yds?
SURVEY SAYS......NO
I loved seeing Danny Boy's miserable ass in his box with Tommy "I am a scientologist" Cruise. F'g losers

NYG 10-6
PHIL 10-6
DALL 8-8
WASH 6-10

Posted by: Fairfax MF-er ()
Date: September 12, 2006 11:04AM

345 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> can Brunell throw an accurate pass more than 20
> yds?
> SURVEY SAYS......NO
> I loved seeing Danny Boy's miserable ass in his
> box with Tommy "I am a scientologist" Cruise. F'g
> losers
>
> NYG 10-6
> PHIL 10-6
> DALL 8-8
> WASH 6-10

Seems to me most of the plays were drawn up as quick swing and flat routes to keep pressure off of Brunell, so I'm not sure you can blame Brunell for Al Saunder's play calling.

From an offense standpoint, the team wasn't bad. What killed them were the stupid penalties toward the end that kept the Vikings' drive alive. Also, if you watched Minnesota at all in the pre-season, the team looked pretty strong. It's not like the Redskins were playing Houston or Green Bay.

Posted by: 345 ()
Date: September 12, 2006 03:20PM

"It's not like the Redskins were playing Houston or Green Bay."

Which could be a good thing, as the dickskinners always play to the level of their competition.

Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: September 12, 2006 08:04PM

Just like last year they have a hell of a time in the red zone. They just cant seem to get the ball across the goal line.

They certainly have the players and potential to do it so not sure where the problem is. Its almost like there is an invisable line around the opponents 20 yard line they cant seem to cross.

Date: September 12, 2006 10:05PM

lol you guys are all haters
restonpeace made the best comment "They were playing perfect ball going into the half and then they choked."
clinton portis injured and still did what he did? springs still injured. didnt debut the new RB, the skins are warming up nobody predicted a 16-0 season. 11-5 u heard it here first

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2006 10:05PM by MrDoctor.

Date: September 13, 2006 04:39PM

I think the only way the skins will see 11-5 is if the other teams fail to show up. Try 8-8.

Date: September 13, 2006 10:09PM

8-8? get the fuck out of here with that bullshit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2006 10:09PM by MrDoctor.

Posted by: The Real Better Red than Deadskin ()
Date: September 16, 2006 01:09PM

I think the Redskins have a great deal of promise. I think they go at least 10-6 this year. I think 11-5 is possible. I think Dallas is over-rated, as are the Giants. I think the real surprise in the NFC East will be the Eagles, who look pretty damn good now that McNabb is back to form.

This is how I predict things breaking down...

Minnesota - L
Dallas - W (Dallas over-rated)
Houston - W (Houston is a mess)
Jacksonville - L (Jacksonville is making a run this year)
NY - W (Manning is over-rated)
Tennessee - W (Jeff Fisher's last year as coach)
Indy - L (The Colts are on a run)
Dallas - W (Even Bledsoe's replacement won't be able to win)
Philly - L (Philly is making a run)
Tampa - W (Back to sucking)
Carolina - W (WAY over-rated)
Atlanta - W (Michael Vick will be out for the season by this time)
Philly - L (It's a death match between Wash and Philly for the Division)
New Orleans - W (Bush can only do so much with no O-line or Defense)
St. Louis - W (The Rams are better, but not that much better)
NY Giants - W (The NY Giants will be toast by this game)

Posted by: Henry jo ()
Date: September 16, 2006 04:10PM

I think the Native American's should fight even harder to get their namesake back from the Washington Redskins.
Hell, I'd join their cause. The skins are a disgrace in every scope and way, and with every horrible loss, they a slap in the face to the Native Americans.

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: September 16, 2006 05:10PM

Liberal white guilt.

Date: September 16, 2006 05:59PM

I stand by my 8-8, maybe 9-7 if they get lucky. BTW I am a Redskins fan but I also know a choke team when I see one. They waste more opportunities in the red zone than any other team. The year will end like many others hoping for another team to lose so they can back into the playoffs.

The new offense is too complicated, 700 page play book is stupid. Vince Lombardi never had such nonsense and the Packers ran over everyone.

Posted by: duh ()
Date: September 16, 2006 07:09PM

Why would anyone want to put a red cent in Danny Boy Snyder's pocket?

Whether they win or whether they lose...I still gotta go to work Monday morning....so who cares?

Hey, I have a question. Joe Gibbs is a fine guy and all, but he ran into financial problems that Cooke bailed him out on in the early '90s. Plus, in Gibb's heyday, even Super Bowl coaches didn't make near what they do today. So, how in the world did Joe launch his NASCAR operation? That costs MILLIONS! Do you think lenders went for it because of his big name....or was Joe just fronting for somebody? I would think the latter...due to his return to coaching.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: September 16, 2006 08:44PM

I don't think the offense is too complicated. The encouraging thing about the game against the Vikings is that Brunell was spreading the ball around and the team was moving the ball without having to rely on Portis, which they had to do last year. Even with the blown coverage problems, the Redskins could have won the game if it hadn't been for those ridiculous penalties near the end caused by Sean Taylor. It would be nice if that guy could be a consistent asset for the team instead of burning it at the last minute like he did against the Vikings and in the play-offs last year.

As for Joe Gibbs and NASCAR, it's called investors. Gibbs wasn't spending his money when he started the NASCAR team. NASCAR is a big business. Gibbs probably knew tons of people from his Redskins days and leveraged those relationships to set up Joe Gibbs racing. I like how you have to imply that the guy can't just be struggling in his coaching comeback, but that he also has to be a crook or something. What a fucking douchebag remark.

Date: September 16, 2006 09:21PM

He has been doing pretty good in his NASCAR investment. Last year Tony Stewart took the championship. This year he has Denny Hamlin in the chase.
The race cars run about $1,000,000 a piece and most winning teams have 10 or more cars. The money comes from all the ads on the cars and there is no shortage of investors.

As far as the Redskins it was said at the beginning of this year the offense was too complicated. The playbook has over 700 pages. When you get an offense down within the 20 and people are yelling and the clock is ticking it cant be easy to recall those 700 pages.

Posted by: dumass washtonelocian ()
Date: September 16, 2006 09:23PM

Washingtonelocian.

Hitting a guy using your shoulder, after he's tipped the ball, and is still inbounds is perfectly legal. The refs threw a B.S. flag due to reputation. Every who knows football knows this. You're an idiot. The refs threw a BS flag. Shut the fuck up Washingtone

Date: September 17, 2006 12:08AM

"As for Joe Gibbs and NASCAR, it's called investors. Gibbs wasn't spending his money when he started the NASCAR team. NASCAR is a big business. Gibbs probably knew tons of people from his Redskins days and leveraged those relationships to set up Joe Gibbs racing. I like how you have to imply that the guy can't just be struggling in his coaching comeback, but that he also has to be a crook or something. What a fucking douchebag remark."

Horseshit...I'm implying nothing of the kind. I'm only questioning why Joe is coaching at all. Running a premier NASCAR team is a full time job, and an uber exciting one at that....unless he ain't really running a premier NASCAR team.

Stranger things have happened....Roy Rogers used to have a hamburger with his name on it. SHIT...I'd give my left nut for a Double R Burger and a big slaw 'bout now!

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: September 17, 2006 12:50AM

There are still Roy Rogers's around. One in Manchester Lakes near Hayfield and another at a travel plaza north of Baltimore on 95, just off the top of my head. It's not like Gibbs is a crew chief or anything that really requires him at the track. He probably makes the business decisions and obviously doesn't need to be there every week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2006 12:51AM by mad max, JD.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: September 17, 2006 01:03AM

There's a roy rogers across from where Mt Vernon HWY meets Rt 1 in (fairfax's) Alexandria. Just north of Ft Belvoir on the left side of the road if you are heading north.

There's also one in Leesburg.

Just off the top of my head.

Date: September 17, 2006 01:18AM

I decided I had better register this name, since not doing so caused me to not be able to post under my customary name. It was a pretty stupid idea not to register to begin with, since if you don't, any person can coop your name and post as you.

Anyway, I guess I had a few too many beers before I made those predictions earlier. Even a lives-at-home-with-mom loser like me wouldn't be stupid enough to say those things while sober. 10-6? The skins will be lucky to make 5-11 at this rate. I've been meaning to start going to AA for a while now. I mean, jsut look at the idiocy I type when I post, and that doesn't even take into account what moron I am for continually not registering my name so I can keep posting under it.

They need Jason Campbell to step up and show the rest of the team how it's done, like I always imagine he'll do with me if I ever meet him at the District of Columbia Aquatics Club, where I hang out most days I am not home with mom. I swear, he really does have great handwork and his body is in top shape. I sit in front of my tv on Sundays just LONGING for one shot of him from behind, standing on the sidelines.

Hell, I want a shot at him from behind, standing on the sidelines. I'd probably just ejaculate prematurely, though.... story of my life.

Date: September 17, 2006 03:46AM

Hey Better Red.....wouldn't you be better off worrying getting a job than worrying about what some rich jew's niggers are doing?

Your mom loves you...but she'd like to see you split, man!

"I Am Offended"
Posted by: Andrew Bare ()
Date: September 17, 2006 08:35AM

I realize I am a wimp, but Daniel Synder is more man than I will ever be, and more women than I will ever get. But he is so cute, I have given up on Jason (not very bright; that is important to me along with being about to screw somone), maybe "Better Red" will start dating me. He sounds so exciting!

Date: September 17, 2006 08:44AM

Sorry, I only like young boys and young quarterbacks. Unless you are one of those I will not have sex with you.

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: September 17, 2006 02:52PM

This thread is a nice lesson about registering a nickname.

If you register one it guarantees nobody else can forge your name.

If some other douchebag has already registered YOUR name email (cary at fairfax underground dot com) or PM me and I'll fix it up for you.

Control over a registered name will be given to the FIRST person to post as that name (determined by IP address).

That said,
21-17 redskins on a Randel El trick play. You heard it here first!

Posted by: Real Better Red Than Deadskin ()
Date: September 17, 2006 03:38PM

Cary-

I don't mind. I can do this all day. If the dumbass who keeps registering my name has all the time in the world to do that, I have all the time in the world to come up with variations.

Posted by: info desk ()
Date: August 06, 2019 12:47PM

another losing year will soon be upon us again

Posted by: The Skins are gonna STINK again ()
Date: August 06, 2019 03:34PM

The skins are going to be the door mat of the NFC. Wow, they are really going to stink.

And I never get tired of seeing our midget owner storming around the owner's box.

20 years of fun!

Posted by: Skins Fanatick ()
Date: August 06, 2019 07:20PM

The is a preseason game on Saturday night. Skins will pull the off their first victory against the Browns

Posted by: Jack Pardee ()
Date: August 08, 2019 06:54AM

The Redskins have long been the Deadskins. Dead to every decent American since they've become a team of fudgepacking America-haters owned by a greedy little prick of a midget.

Posted by: Antiasshat ()
Date: August 10, 2019 09:10AM

They totally suck! The curse of Dan Snyder continues unabated.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.