HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Where are all the Trump protesters? Looks like they stayed home and gave up.
Posted by: Lonely ()
Date: July 20, 2016 01:07AM

It seems parade permit groups aren't using the Lorain-Carnegie Bridge to East 14th Street to march this week. The bridge has been empty since Sunday, except for a lone snow plow on the west side blocking vehicle access.

The Stand Together Against Trump group was expected to parade Tuesday afternoon at 1:30 p.m. A total of 0 protesters showed up. There were 15 media members, 17 preachers and several police instead. The group had a parade permit for up to 5,000 people. They later sent an email saying the group would be handing out water at Public Square during that time.

On Monday, permit groups didn't use the parade route either, but turned up at Mall A, Settlers Landing and Perk Park.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where are all the Trump protesters? Looks like they stayed home and gave up.
Posted by: Except for these idiots ()
Date: July 20, 2016 01:08AM

Activists from Black Lives Matter, Westboro Baptist Church and the KKK were in the square and, at one time, were said to be throwing urine at each other.

Re: Where are all the Trump protesters? Looks like they stayed home and gave up.
Posted by: Y-9 ()
Date: July 20, 2016 09:41AM

Bikers for Trump and a couple of armed Militia groups may have something to do with their lack of desire to protest. Bullies don't like to be challenged and generally run in the face of adversity.

Posted by: blanche ()
Date: July 20, 2016 10:11AM

Saving it up for Philadelphia?

Perhaps Ohio's gun laws have had an effect?

Posted by: Tennis Balls ()
Date: July 20, 2016 11:35AM

CLEVELAND -- Activists marched illegally down streets, fought with one another and defied a downtown tennis ball ban Tuesday during the second day of the Republican National Convention. But as the excitement unfolded, some activist leaders wondered where the crowds were.

Cleveland has seen far smaller protests than those at other recent conventions, despite the nomination of Donald Trump eliciting a rage from progressives that rivals or exceeds their hatred of former President George W. Bush. In a further distinction, it has also seen very few activism-related arrests.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-07-19/rnc-protests-rage-but-anti-trump-organizers-ask-where-is-everyone

Date: July 20, 2016 11:36AM

“Slavery, genocide and war, America was never great!” the group chanted as they walked past Republican convention-goers, one of whom shouted that they should consider moving to another country.

Nearby, members of the feminist peace group Code Pink handed out tennis balls, which are specifically prohibited within a 1.7 square mile event zone around the main convention venues. Police seized those they could.

“They did get taken away, but we gave away hundreds of them first!” says Alli McCracken, a leading member of the organization. “We expected to get arrested, but we didn’t.”

McCracken says she’s not sure why relatively few people showed up to protest in Cleveland, but she believes many were scared off by Ohio’s open carry laws, which allow people to carry firearms -- despite the ban on tennis balls and aluminum cans -- near the convention.

Date: July 20, 2016 11:39AM

Larry Bresler, the executive director of Organize Ohio, which hosted one of two major progressive marches on Monday, says he’s disappointed by the showing so far, though he doubts it has any broad meaning for U.S. politics.

“With all events there have been fewer protesters than were anticipated -- even ours was lower than we anticipated,” he says, estimating turnout at only 250 for the anti-poverty march.

Posted by: Looks like it's Trump 4 the win ()
Date: July 20, 2016 12:11PM

Expecting over 2000 people to march against aggressive police tactics, a pro-communist organization was disappointed when less than two dozen people showed up.

LOL

Posted by: Landslide? ()
Date: July 20, 2016 04:00PM

Maybe it's just that too many people like Trump after all.

Posted by: Donald J Trump ()
Date: July 20, 2016 04:30PM

At my inauguration, I will suddenly sprout golden, flowing rock star hair and an armor assembles itself together on myself Iron-Man-style. And then a staff slides out of my oversized metal gauntlets.

Then as I fixate my gaze on the C-Span camera, an eyepiece slides over my right eye and pounds the staff on the ground, the light dancing off it, and I will say:

"AMERICA - LET'S MAKE IT GREAT AGAIN."

And with that, the jets on my back blaze to life and I punch a hole through the roof of the White House on my way up into the air. After ascending a couple hundreds of feet into the air, I lift my free hand, palm facing the White House, and lets loose a stream of liquid gold that splashes all over the walls, ceilings, and even the news cameramen and staff. I will then lands with a loud THUD, shattering the golden sculptures that were moments ago the MSM people into a million, tiny pieces, decorating the floor of the newly christened Golden House.

And with that my 10,000 year reign as the GOD EMPEROR will begin.

Posted by: Trump>everyone else ()
Date: July 20, 2016 04:47PM

Landslide? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe it's just that too many people like Trump
> after all.

Correct answer.

Posted by: Donald J Trump ()
Date: July 20, 2016 04:48PM

Trump>everyone else Wrote:
> Landslide? Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Maybe it's just that too many people like Trump
> > after all.
>

I like myself, and you should too.

Posted by: Normal American Joe ()
Date: July 20, 2016 04:50PM

This Convention is going well for the Republicans.

I will watch the democrat Rodeo as well next week. Of course, I'll get to see angry BLM members yelling into a microphone. I'll get to see a whole party of people confused as to which bathroom to use.

And, of course, I expect to be blamed for everything by the She-Pig, Hillary.

Posted by: VMKdG ()
Date: July 20, 2016 04:55PM

Have you checked around such as up in Fredericksburg? When they are out-gunned in DC they have been showing up at a "Plan B" site outside of DC.

Posted by: Ribs, Chicken, Watermelon ()
Date: July 20, 2016 05:22PM

Many folks in the Cleveland area get their monthly food stamp (EBT) allotment this time of the month.

Probably at Walmart loading up on vittles.

Posted by: Well duuuh ()
Date: July 21, 2016 11:13PM

It's Cleveland. Nuff said

Posted by: Drew Carey ()
Date: July 21, 2016 11:26PM

Well duuuh Wrote:
> It's Cleveland. Nuff said

Cleveland rocks.

Posted by: pay for play ()
Date: July 22, 2016 12:07AM

A dirty little secret is that most protests, especially political ones like these, usually have paid organizers and often have paid protesters. I suspect Hillary's camp put the kibosh on this because they didn't want to give Trump more ammunition.

Since nobody's paying the organizers or the protesters, nobody's organizing protests nor showing up to them.

Posted by: Yes ()
Date: July 24, 2016 10:53AM

Correct and they admit it. From DNC wikileaks email - regarding an empty anti-Trump protest in Washington, D.C. :

Miranda said: “Going forward, when our allies screw up and don’t deliver bodies in time, we either send all our interns out there or we stay away from it.. we don’t want to own a bad picture.”

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: July 24, 2016 11:33AM

Organizer-in-Chief called off the Black Lives Matter clan when he hosted them in the White House last week.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.