HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Marijuana Possession and Fighting
Posted by: NelsonMandela ()
Date: August 11, 2009 01:36AM

Since it seems like everyone is posting marijuana questions these days, I've got one. I was recently caught with less than a g. How hard does the state fight these cases. I really don't want to do the first offender program but I don't want to plead guilty either. I know pickers can't be choosers but if you fight the charge long enough does the state lie down?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marijuana Possession and Fighting
Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: August 11, 2009 01:42AM

no, pickers ARE choosers. its the beggars that dont have that right

Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: August 11, 2009 01:43AM

NelsonMandela Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Since it seems like everyone is posting marijuana
> questions these days, I've got one. I was
> recently caught with less than a g. How hard does
> the state fight these cases. I really don't want
> to do the first offender program but I don't want
> to plead guilty either. I know pickers can't be
> choosers but if you fight the charge long enough
> does the state lie down?

Yes. You can appeal it all you want, without any restrictions, and eventually the state gets tired and wants to go home, so they just give in.

Mister Mandela, you've dealt with governments before, you should already know the answer.

All governments are intransigent forces, even if some allow "free elections" while others have dictators for life. The whole point of government is to rule and keep order. The people that flock to work for the government love the idea that their job gives them power. You are just a citizen. They have the power of the government behind them (in their minds, and I suppose literally) so they aren't going to let you put one over on them.

You're a subject, like the rest of us. We can never hope to reason with those who were given a wage-grade job defending the government's eminence. Deal with it.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: August 11, 2009 02:51PM

You could find out before the case, read the police report of the incident and then find out from the clerk's office if anything you're allowed to view has been filed. It may cost you some fees but you may get a fair idea how much they hold you in scorn.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.