HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Ongoing Discrimination/Racism Practices at Northern Virginia Community College
Posted by: BearStrait ()
Date: July 10, 2016 10:14PM

I found this information to be shocking, but it appears to be true. A friend of more than 30 years works in NOVA’s Workforce Development Department. My friend has worked there for many years and told me this.

In February of 2016 NOVA hired Dr. Steve Partridge out of Charlotte, NC as its new VP of Workforce Development. The Department had been without a permanent VP for nearly 18 months. Over this time morale among employees dropped to an all time low. There were even multiple shouting matches among certain employees during meetings. Juvenile behavior among some employees ruled the day. The Workforce Development Department had become a dysfunctional circus. When Dr. Partridge arrived there was a lot of optimism among employees of someone coming that would bring a unifying approach. That appears to be a dream and the optimism employees had has evaporated for the most part. According to my friend an old disgruntled employee on the management team has orchestrated several changes of discriminatory nature that Dr. Partridge has supported. These changes have resulted in several employees including managers resigning their positions and leaving NOVA, some layoffs and several other employees whose roles have been diminished. Most of those being affected by this are minority employees. Why is this the case? My friend believes that these are people that the old disgruntled employee doesn’t like.

The morale is getting lower daily and Dr. Partridge has done nothing to build morale among his team. Since he joined NOVA in February 2016 in fact he admitted in a staff meeting that he hadn’t visited all of the Workforce offices. As a result, some employees even feel that Dr. Partridge doesn’t care. The old disgruntled employee whom many feel is running day to day operations seems to have Dr. Partridge’s ear and its effects are showing. There are now rumors going around that more changes and possible layoffs are coming. Based on what my friend told me I will follow this Soap Opera closely to see how many minority employees are affected this time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ongoing Discrimination/Racism Practices at Northern Virginia Community College
Posted by: Exhausted ()
Date: July 10, 2016 10:29PM

You write like a retard.

Re: Ongoing Discrimination/Racism Practices at Northern Virginia Community College
Posted by: Exhausted ()
Date: July 10, 2016 10:31PM

Attachments:
full_retard.jpg

Posted by: soooooooo ()
Date: July 11, 2016 04:01AM

BearStrait Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I found this information to be shocking, but it
> appears to be true. A friend of more than 30 years
> works in NOVA’s Workforce Development
> Department. My friend has worked there for many
> years and told me this.
>
> In February of 2016 NOVA hired Dr. Steve Partridge
> out of Charlotte, NC as its new VP of Workforce
> Development. The Department had been without a
> permanent VP for nearly 18 months. Over this time
> morale among employees dropped to an all time low.
> There were even multiple shouting matches among
> certain employees during meetings. Juvenile
> behavior among some employees ruled the day. The
> Workforce Development Department had become a
> dysfunctional circus. When Dr. Partridge arrived
> there was a lot of optimism among employees of
> someone coming that would bring a unifying
> approach. That appears to be a dream and the
> optimism employees had has evaporated for the most
> part. According to my friend an old disgruntled
> employee on the management team has orchestrated
> several changes of discriminatory nature that Dr.
> Partridge has supported. These changes have
> resulted in several employees including managers
> resigning their positions and leaving NOVA, some
> layoffs and several other employees whose roles
> have been diminished. Most of those being
> affected by this are minority employees. Why is
> this the case? My friend believes that these are
> people that the old disgruntled employee doesn’t
> like.
>
> The morale is getting lower daily and Dr.
> Partridge has done nothing to build morale among
> his team. Since he joined NOVA in February 2016 in
> fact he admitted in a staff meeting that he
> hadn’t visited all of the Workforce offices. As
> a result, some employees even feel that Dr.
> Partridge doesn’t care. The old disgruntled
> employee whom many feel is running day to day
> operations seems to have Dr. Partridge’s ear and
> its effects are showing. There are now rumors
> going around that more changes and possible
> layoffs are coming. Based on what my friend told
> me I will follow this Soap Opera closely to see
> how many minority employees are affected this
> time.

which minorities did they discriminate against

Posted by: pumpkineater69 ()
Date: July 11, 2016 07:54AM

I don't know anything about what goes on there, but I can tell that if the niggers are leaving - that the place is headed in the right direction.

Date: July 11, 2016 08:52PM

I can tell you that those being affected by this cover multiple races including black, hispanic and women. This is still going on and I'm sure you'll hear more about this in the near future as news gets out.

Posted by: Dean Wormer ()
Date: July 12, 2016 03:15PM

Exhausted Wrote:
> You write like a retard.

You write like a retard NVCC grad.

Fixed it for you.

Posted by: NOVA Nugget ()
Date: July 12, 2016 07:56PM

What's happening is a realignment and downsizing of the department's staff. WFD is consolidating five of their office locations into three and laying off part time employees. Unfortunately, some of those part time employees are also minorities.

Date: July 12, 2016 08:47PM

Realignment is going on, that's true, however several minorities left in large part due to the discrimination going on. They weren't affected by the layoffs. More details will soon come out that will shed light on the foolishness going on.

Posted by: just passing thru ()
Date: July 12, 2016 09:23PM

Oh yeah...we'll be anxiously awaiting those details. I'm sure CNN will break into their teletubby Hillary speech to bring us the latest.

So a couple of niggers and spics and a chick or two lost their jobs. Yep sounds like a horrible injustice to me.

Because everything bad that happens to a minority - ONLY HAPPENS TO YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE BLACK.

Get short changed at the KFC? Cut off in traffic? Your favorite team lose the game? All clearly overt acts of hatred and racism.

Date: July 13, 2016 08:51PM

This is serious and isn't a joke. My friend has already reached out to his/her local VA state representative who wasn't pleased and will look into this further. There are more details that aren't in these post. I will say that the State rep is really displeased with the leadership of Dr. Partridge. When he came to NOVA morale was low and he has done absolutely nothing to improve the work environment. It's obvious he doesn't care about his staff. He only cares about meeting with businesses and all of this will come out in time.

Posted by: suck a beaner dick ()
Date: July 13, 2016 08:58PM

BearStrait Wrote:
> This is serious and isn't a joke. My friend has
> already reached out to his/her local VA state
> representative who wasn't pleased and will look
> into this further. There are more details that
> aren't in these post. I will say that the State
> rep is really displeased with the leadership of
> Dr. Partridge. When he came to NOVA morale was low
> and he has done absolutely nothing to improve the
> work environment. It's obvious he doesn't care
> about his staff. He only cares about meeting with
> businesses and all of this will come out in time.

I think I said something racist.

Date: July 13, 2016 09:06PM

NOVA be won't laugh when this gets out.

Posted by: GreenGold ()
Date: July 14, 2016 03:16PM

NOVA won't care. They have been on a downward spiral for many years and new leadership isn't stopping the spin. VCCS isn't doing a good job of controlling them and while it is great that some Representative now knows and isn't happy doesn't mean diddly-squat. Until a strong leader at the top takes a stand (or can be found) it will continue to be business as usual.

Posted by: 90115 ()
Date: July 14, 2016 03:27PM

Good. Get the incompetent nigger teachers out and hire some good, white teachers who aren't liberal loons.

Posted by: beaver hunter ()
Date: July 14, 2016 03:58PM

BearStrait Wrote:
> This is serious and isn't a joke.
Attachments:
be8.png

Posted by: nysoldier ()
Date: August 02, 2016 01:25PM

The real problem is most likely lack of revenue. Your division must not be bringing in enough revenue to support these salaries. The question I want to know is since Mr. Partridge has been there since Feb, 2016, what NEW business partnerships has he created? Has he brought in any new business? You need to grow in order to support salaries.

Posted by: Nostra Strokas ()
Date: August 02, 2016 02:05PM

Morale is overrated.

Posted by: CollegeLifer ()
Date: August 02, 2016 07:52PM

First let me clarify, I've been working at NOVA for 20+ years and I don't think that Steven Partridge is a racist. To the guy who claims that he is, you must be a disgruntled employee.

I do have one major gripe and it has to do with the direction that I see NOVA's Workforce going in. I had high hopes when Steven arrived but those hopes are quickly fading. He consistently meets with 2-3 company figure heads per week since hes been here but he has not formed any partnerships, educational alliances, or brought in any new business. Hey Steven if you read this, we need to bring in business if we are to survive. They got rid of the morons before you because they thought you were capable of expanding and growing our division. I've seen nothing but losses in revenue, even the morons they got rid of you for were doing a better job. I know your new to this but you need to pick up the pace buddy or else a lot of us will be looking for jobs!!!!

Posted by: VoiceofReality ()
Date: August 03, 2016 01:54PM

No one cares about racism at NOVA. Stop crying and go find a job ya deadbeat. Nothing is going to happen to Partridge, he was gifted that job by NOVA President, with absolutely no Higher Education experience. He's not going anywhere no matter how much business you lose. hahahaha

Posted by: FrustratedVeteranEmployee ()
Date: August 03, 2016 10:32PM

I've worked at NOVA Workforce Division for many years through several VP's and agree with what has been said above. Steve Partridge is not a leader who cares about his staff. He has a great vision, but no people skills. He's been here for nearly 7 months and has yet to meet with me. Employees are walking around scared and uncertain. That's the environment we currently have not an environment ready to achieve great things. I will tell you that the disgruntled employee mentioned above is the racist. I've sat through her meetings via conference and in person and heard her dog Workforce employees nearly all of whom are minorities. Saying they need to go and other things that I won't mention here. Attending these meetings gives me a headache. By the way her name is Esther Perantoni. Once Steve took over he has relied on her heavily to help manage things since his experience isn't in education and he appears to be clueless when it comes to running the division. She has managed to organize the exit of multiple minority employees. Some resigned, some were let go. I understand just this week two more minority employees were let go. This level of Racism is real and I'm hopeful that more NOVA employees come forward and expose this racism so that people can see NOVA isn't as great as the picture that has been painted in the media. Knowing this I believe would have given Senator Mark Warner 2nd thoughts about having his name on a building at NOVA.

Posted by: Spunkie ()
Date: August 05, 2016 11:07AM

I used to be an employee until I got a real job. If n.v.c.c. was really that racist why is that nigger lawer still there. walks around with a jerry curl.... I could feel the grease spray off of him whenever he would breathe at me.

Nepotism and sexual discrimination without question however racist not so much.

I felt retarted when they "accidentally" printed the northern vagina badges....I'm so glad I left when bob died of cancer.

Posted by: Getoutwhileyoucan ()
Date: August 06, 2016 06:42PM

I knew Steve Partridge from NC. I can confirm that the guy is an ego maniac. He likes being in the spotlight so he's going to try to piggy back off of whoever he can to get something big done. I'm surprised he hasn't done anything "big" yet. I'm sure he must be working on something "big" as that is his MO. He doesn't have the experience or the brain to think up something himself, he's a copy cat. Not knocking him because if "copy cat" tactics work, more power to him but it looks like its not. Anyways, to the original poster of this thread, consider yourself lucky that your friend got canned because it doesn't look like Steve is doing anything big with this new, high paying position. Looks like hes just piggy backing off of his relationship with Scott Ralls BUT sooner or later your chancellor will come asking questions about "why" revenue isn't accumulating or why losses are increasing.

Posted by: Raleighboy ()
Date: September 01, 2016 09:20AM

Steve Partridge isn't going to do diddly for NOVA, don't get your hopes up too high. I'd start looking for another job as I expect he will try to cover losses with staff reduction. Its been 7 months, has he brought in any big business to the college? Has he created any sort of job training program for students? He was gifted that job by your college president, with absolutely no higher education experience. Memo Steve: your at a Community College NOT a workforce board! Review NOVA's mission and start creating jobs/career training for your local community!!!!

Posted by: Raleighboy ()
Date: November 02, 2016 03:17PM

Its now November 2017 and just like I predicted, Steve hasn't done a thing for your Workforce Division. Haven't heard a peep from him either. You all hired the wrong guy!

Posted by: FmEmu ()
Date: November 02, 2016 05:58PM

Community College is the 13th Grade, and is run like a High School.

To the students in community college: Complete whatever coursework you need to be able to transfer to a real college/university not run by these idiots.

Posted by: Staffer ()
Date: November 10, 2016 06:52AM

They just cancelled all English as a Second Language programs at Manassas Campus. This is a community tragedy and should be protested vigorously.

Posted by: FEDUPMARINE ()
Date: November 10, 2016 05:40PM

How in the heck is some young girl, in her mid 20's, with no higher ed experience, no sales experience/no b2b sales experience, no masters degree, going to get the job of Director of Strategic Business Engagement? You got people with way more experience and Master's degree, who've worked in your division for years. How can some inexperienced girl get this job? This sounds like a major case of nepotism! How can Steve Partridge explain this?

Posted by: KerryC ()
Date: February 27, 2017 10:08AM

It's obvious why she was chosen and everyone knows it. Wish someone would catch them in the act.

Posted by: J6xux ()
Date: February 27, 2017 12:17PM

OP, if you would demonstrate your brilliant writing skills by showing them this post, you will not only be safe, but should be promoted directly, MnvccGA !

Posted by: 6KbmX ()
Date: February 27, 2017 12:24PM

OP liberal communist propaganda again !!!

fxu already has articles citing that GMU not only hires illegals prolifically (and gives foreigners/illegals loans to the maximum extent possible by law)

FXU HAS AN ARTICLE I POSTED PROVING THEY HAVE/ARE SENDING FLIERS TO ILLEGALS EXPRESSING THAT THEY ARE OPEN TO GIVING TAXPAYER LOANS TO ILLEGALS "WHO ARE WILLING TO FILL OUT LOAN FORMS"

absolute assholes trying to pass of GMU as a racist school. reverse racism is the truth

Posted by: FedUPMarine ()
Date: June 06, 2017 02:27PM

Just checking in to see what a big difference Steve Partridge has made with Workforce Development? I see no talent pipelines to corp america and gov't, I see no major partnerships, I do see that workforce dev looks like it has officially become a continuing education div! Steve prob making north of $200k and hasn't done squat for Workforce Development. Tax dollars for ya!

Posted by: AG ()
Date: June 10, 2017 01:11PM

Steve Partridge is an idiot with an out of control ego. He has done irreparable damage to Nova. Over half the workforce staff has been laid off with surely more to come. Programs and classes are slim to none with overall quality at an all time low. Watch the entire division disappear.

Posted by: bickled peets ()
Date: June 11, 2017 07:58PM

Golly.

Posted by: dckvg ()
Date: June 12, 2017 12:19AM

in totality, communists flock to colleges, get in control, fire white professors, and aid illegal students: and mostly funnel money and technology out of the USA

it was on 60 Minutes in the early 1990's, BUT IT'S GROWN FAR FAR WORSE SINCE THEN

need i go on ?

it's how communists got funded to spread communism and become a party, like bernie sanders

oddly it was the USA school system initiatives that spread to foreign countries - who perverted it to a communist form - which is behind the design of the "government run, government controlled, government pay, certification system"

Posted by: vtxue ()
Date: June 12, 2017 12:21AM

it's not only a perversion of today's $$, it shows that investment into foreign education was used by foreign governments as a gorrote to attempt a hostile take-over of american politics

Posted by: truthfully ()
Date: June 12, 2017 09:13AM

Steve Partridge is the only thing saving NVCC from certain doom. You people need to wise up and understand the big picture.

Posted by: bickled peets ()
Date: June 12, 2017 09:07PM

Communists. Always the communists after all these years.

Posted by: Black Sabboth ()
Date: August 02, 2017 12:59PM

Steve Partridge: we ALL know that's you hiding behind that last comment. If you're so high on yourself, stand up and show yourself. By the way, congrats on not only losing the respect of your entire staff but of NVCC entirely. Now get to work on losing the respect of the NoVa region.

You are DUMB. No one respects you or likes you. You serve no purpose.

Posted by: FEDUPMARINE ()
Date: December 12, 2017 04:19PM

"Truthfully" sure does sound like Steve Partridge. Hey Steve why don't you tell everyone how you got your job? You rode Scott Rall's dick in NC and now your riding it again in Northern VA. Your a talentless boy, trying to ride Scott Ralls rolodex and brain in order to make yourself look good. Your joke, everyone in the College knows it!

Posted by: Cry me a river ()
Date: December 14, 2017 12:32PM

usual suspect crying foul ... race baiting post.
Whining little twits

Posted by: Rergretfully ()
Date: January 30, 2018 11:10AM

"Truthfully" and "Cry me a River" are both Steve Partridge. Poor baby. FEDUPMARINE: you nailed it. Partridge is a whiny little snot but like any bully hes too afraid to show himself and hides behind his computer and Ralls balls. Karma.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.