HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Any restaurants that serve tapas?
Posted by: TrickiL ()
Date: September 06, 2006 10:11PM

We were in Aruba and one of my favorite places to eat was a place that served tapas/ I think they are Spanish appetizers but they had all kinds. Any place around here have tapas???
Trickie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any restaurants that serve tapas?
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: September 06, 2006 10:23PM

I think the best is La Tasca in Chinatown, near 7th an H St. It's my hands-down favorite tapas. Take your wallet, it ain't cheap, we usually end up dropping 30-50 apiece, but it is top-notch dining. Very addictive. It's all I think about for days after I've been there...

I don't know any tapas places in FFX but I'm sure there must be some. La Tasca's a chain and I'm surprised they don't open one in Tysons or Reston. It would be a big hit around here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2006 10:36PM by TheMeeper.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: September 06, 2006 10:27PM

"tapas" is not really a specific thing. It sort of means "topper", but now it has evolved to sort of mean "appetizer" in general. Usually it is just some thing on bread.

However, different cultural areas usually have one or a just a few specific things they mean when one orders "tapas"... what were the ones you had in aruba like? Maybe we can pinpoint exactly what they were and find a place here that has something similar. Tapas restaurants in the states tend to serve several items that qualify... I went to a place in san diego that served three or four dozen different.

Posted by: kimmy ()
Date: September 06, 2006 10:28PM

There is a place in Reston at the South Lakes Village Center off South Lakes Drive. The place is in the Corner next to the Lakeside Inn. It's suppose to be very good.

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: September 06, 2006 11:04PM

I've been to the downtown Jaleo and the Crystal City Jaleo. I really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere is nice (if not trying a little too hard to be trendy). However, I don't eat shellfish so I can't attest to the quality of a large portion of their menu.

Tapas is actually a great party idea too. Traditionally only one or two dishes are served at a time, so it isn't as stressful as a regular dinner. It is also a fun holiday meal... my family prepared a bunch of tapas dishes last Christmas eve and had a great time cooking together.

Date: September 06, 2006 11:19PM

"tapas" is not really a specific thing. It sort of means "topper", but now it has evolved to sort of mean "appetizer" in general.

My grandparents grew up in Spain. According to my grandfather, tapas was the food they served at bars while you were out drinking. Sorta like snack food between drinks, except back in those days they actually had too cook shit from scratch, instead of serving modern processed snack foods. I should note that no matter how good those tapas might have been, it didn't stop my recent ancestors from getting their asses out of Spain and into the US.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: September 06, 2006 11:45PM

Franco may have been the bigger reason they got out... just a guess

Posted by: from the 757 ()
Date: September 07, 2006 12:08AM

I can finally suggest a restuarant! Las Tapas in Old-Town Alexandria is the bomb. Right on King Street, I don't know wha tmore to tell you fuckin' mapquest it and go there. It's good.

Date: September 07, 2006 06:59AM

Franco may have been the bigger reason they got out... just a guess

They left before all that, because they didn't want to be peasants.

Las Tapas in Old-Town Alexandria

I think I've been to that place, maybe like 7-8 years ago. It was some tapas place in Old Town. I remember downing a whole lot of good sangria and liking the food.

Posted by: § ()
Date: September 07, 2006 12:33PM

Jaleo in DC (near MCI Centre) has a extensive tapas menu. Delicious. -§

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: September 07, 2006 04:22PM

Excellente Tapas can be found in downtown main street in Fairfax city. that lil strip mall across the street from the vet and next to the latino market and dry cleaner and 7-11

Posted by: Greaseman ()
Date: May 21, 2019 09:05PM

Tune tuna tuna fish fish tuna fish fish tuna fish

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.