HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Senior Navy Official Shown on Video Pointing Gun at Young Men in front of Burke Home
Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: July 06, 2016 02:08PM

http://patch.com/virginia/burke/senior-navy-official-shown-video-pointing-gun-juveniles-reports

https://youtu.be/fuZIfnufYuo

gun2.pngNAVAL+OFFICER+GUN+7+6+CBS+NEWS+ON+VOD.jpCmoqea-WgAANekH.jpg:medium

screenshot_2016-07-06_at_10.16.30_am.png

Senior Navy Official Shown on Video Pointing Gun at Young Men: Reports
Fairfax County, VA — A senior Navy official is being investigated after he was allegedly caught on video pointing a gun at young men during a confrontation last month outside his suburban home in Burke.

Officers responded to the 6600 block of Bestwicke Court in Burke on Saturday, June 11, at around 8:13 p.m. for a report of a man brandishing a gun, Fairfax County Police said Wednesday.

Police say a verbal confrontation occurred on the street, between a 49-year-old man and other adults that came from a nearby house. The 49-year old man has been identified in news reports as Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy Karnig Ohannessian. Fairfax County Police have not identified him, only saying "49 year old man."

In a statement, Rear Adm. Dawn Cutler, Navy Chief of Information, told ABC News that officials are aware of the incident and video. "Mr. Ohannessian's supervisor is taking the appropriate action, to include working to understand the full details of what occurred."

The young adults were reportedly leaving a friend's house in the neighborhood when Ohannessian came out and began arguing with them; the senior Navy official then went into his home and came back with a gun, according to the reports by WUSA-9 and ABC News.

That's when one of the young men started to record the conflict, according to the reports (watch the video below).

During the argument, the 49-year old man was observed pointing a firearm at several people, according to Fairfax County Police. Officers responded and conducted an investigation and determined that the alleged victims had already left the scene.

While investigation of the June 11 incident was underway, on Monday, June 13, a 24-year-old man came into FCPD's West Springfield District Police Station to file a report about the same incident, according to police.

Officers then responded to the suspect’s residence and placed him under arrest for brandishing a firearm. The suspect was brought before a magistrate at the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center where the officer sought an arrest warrant for brandishing a firearm, according to police. The magistrate determined a lack of probable cause based on the proffered facts and declined to issue an arrest warrant, police said.

The man was then "de-arrested," according to police, and transported by the officer back to his residence in Burke.

The criminal investigation remains active and is still ongoing. The lead investigating patrol officer will be consulting with the Commonwealth's Attorney for Fairfax County regarding potential charges. To view the Fairfax County Police Department’s policy related to arrest procedures, including de-arrest, click here.

Watch the video of the altercation here in a report by CBS News posted to YouTube:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2016 02:11PM by Fox News.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Senior Navy Official Shown on Video Pointing Gun at Young Men in front of Burke Home
Date: July 06, 2016 02:17PM

Youtube

Attachments:
Screenshot_2016-07-06-14-15-32.png
Screenshot_2016-07-06-14-16-20.png

Re: Senior Navy Official Shown on Video Pointing Gun at Young Men in front of Burke Home
Posted by: FrankR. ()
Date: July 06, 2016 02:23PM

Why is this news?

Posted by: Get off my lawn ()
Date: July 06, 2016 02:24PM

Surprised this nut didn't shoot his wife, given his poor weapon control...

Interesting how he was arrested by the police, but a magistrate "de-arrested" him.

Different rules...

Date: July 06, 2016 02:27PM

Get off my lawn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Surprised this nut didn't shoot his wife, given
> his poor weapon control...
>
> Interesting how he was arrested by the police, but
> a magistrate "de-arrested" him.
>
> Different rules...

The video hadnt been released to the media yet so they figured they would let it go. The police dont like to get involved with such minor incidents.

Posted by: Xv3m6 ()
Date: July 06, 2016 02:50PM

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/navy-official-caught-on-camera-threatening-young-men-with-a-gun/264846566

Look at the bottom video. Much more info in this (longer) version. Keep in mind that the men who did not live in the neighborhood produced (and possibly edited) the video.

At one point, one of the more-aggressive males is heard talking about a shotgun, as opposed to the pistol Ohannessian possessed. He's also heard repeatedly uttering the address of Ohannessian's house. I'll draw no definitive conclusions, but there's a possibility Ohannessian was threatened by the males outnumbering him.

Posted by: Every Boy In The Neighborhood ()
Date: July 06, 2016 02:51PM

That's the guy who used to show me videos and give me beer and touch me!

Posted by: Fox Mews ()
Date: July 06, 2016 03:10PM

FN is late to the party again.

Read the posts that already exist on the subject before starting your own, idiot.

Posted by: kkum ()
Date: July 06, 2016 03:11PM

That's because FoxNews wants the posts to be about him.

And why so many of the duplicate late threads he starts go off track so quickly.

Posted by: Better thread ()
Date: July 06, 2016 03:13PM

Posted by: Unsurprising ()
Date: July 06, 2016 03:14PM

"de-arrested"? After the initial investigation they thought they had enough to arrest him, then someone else must have gotten involved. Given the trend towards applying the law differently to Obama's friends, this outcome is not surprising.

Date: July 06, 2016 03:19PM

Better thread Wrote:
> Link to original thread:
>
> http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/224
> 2759.html
>
> http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/224
> 2759.html

I checked the front page for other threads and did not see any. You all need to calm down.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: July 06, 2016 04:10PM

Probably a bunch of loud, drunk mexicans making a scene in his neighborhood and he couldnt take it anymore.

He needs to learn to keep his finger off the trigger.

Posted by: Pvt. Pyle ()
Date: July 06, 2016 04:19PM

Xv3m6 Wrote:
> http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/navy-official-caug
> ht-on-camera-threatening-young-men-with-a-gun/2648
> 46566
>
> Look at the bottom video. Much more info in this
> (longer) version. Keep in mind that the men who
> did not live in the neighborhood produced (and
> possibly edited) the video.
>
> At one point, one of the more-aggressive males is
> heard talking about a shotgun, as opposed to the
> pistol Ohannessian possessed. He's also heard
> repeatedly uttering the address of Ohannessian's
> house. I'll draw no definitive conclusions, but
> there's a possibility Ohannessian was threatened
> by the males outnumbering him.

Bullshit! He's a wannabe military douche nozzle that didn't have the balls to serve. He gets his cushy civilian job at the Pentagon and has to work feeling inferior to everyone around him actually serving(ed). Now he thinks he's Rambo over a literal 'You kids get off my lawn!' situation.

They were no threat to his tiny balls. Also I'm surprised he lives in such a small house. I guess active-duty/veteran officers actually get paid better.

Posted by: Mike O'Meara Show Fan ()
Date: July 06, 2016 08:23PM

It's so adorable that he thinks the sidewalk is "my property". Just cute as the dickens. He can't get a bullet in the brain fast enough for me.

Posted by: Janz ()
Date: July 06, 2016 08:45PM

So I guess they will be giving this guy a free pass, just like they did to Naval Commander Nevon Burney, who was arrested after a fight with a bouncer, about a week ago.

Posted by: adsfadsfadf ()
Date: July 06, 2016 09:13PM

Pvt. Pyle Wrote:
> Xv3m6 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
>
> >
>
> > 46566
> >
> > Look at the bottom video. Much more info in
> this
> > (longer) version. Keep in mind that the men
> who
> > did not live in the neighborhood produced (and
> > possibly edited) the video.
> >
> > At one point, one of the more-aggressive males
> is
> > heard talking about a shotgun, as opposed to
> the
> > pistol Ohannessian possessed. He's also heard
> > repeatedly uttering the address of
> Ohannessian's
> > house. I'll draw no definitive conclusions,
> but
> > there's a possibility Ohannessian was
> threatened
> > by the males outnumbering him.
>
> Bullshit! He's a wannabe military douche nozzle
> that didn't have the balls to serve. He gets his
> cushy civilian job at the Pentagon and has to work
> feeling inferior to everyone around him actually
> serving(ed). Now he thinks he's Rambo over a
> literal 'You kids get off my lawn!' situation.
>
> They were no threat to his tiny balls. Also I'm
> surprised he lives in such a small house. I guess
> active-duty/veteran officers actually get paid
> better.

You can be a Senior Navy Official and not serve?!

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: July 06, 2016 09:25PM

who’s looking at his fucking house? You’re the little one.

Posted by: Pretty Stupid From..... ()
Date: July 06, 2016 09:44PM

A Gun Nuts View.. So some punks were making noises and drinking.. Leave um be unless there messing with your cars or something or way late 7 something Pm..??

And Never go outside with a firearm like this guy. That's what the phone is for. Call the Police let them deal with it. Crazy..this video.. Yes its brandishing a firearm for sure..The law does not give anyone any rights to ever defend Property..Over life. If they came breaking into his house with a weapon at hand..thats one thing.. Anything Outside needs to stay outside and leave it up to the police.

The last thing any one ever wants to do is shoot someone.... Even ..legally.

DAJAX... A "Gun Nut" who's waiting for the next gun show to try to beat Kiltons Hot Dog Eating record...

Date: July 06, 2016 10:18PM

No, it's beyond fucking brandishing. You go out on a sidewalk and point the muzzle of a pistol at someone on a public street who is doing nothing except trying to leave, that's ADW.

And I agree he looks like he's touched every kid in the neighborhood. THIS is the guy Officer "Spic" Torres should have shot.

Posted by: New homes guide ()
Date: July 06, 2016 10:47PM

Funny, this guy is a "senior Navy official" but lives in some shitty 70s/80s split foyer in Burke. Loser.

Date: July 06, 2016 11:16PM

adsfadsfadf Wrote:
> Pvt. Pyle Wrote:
> -----
> > Xv3m6 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > 46566
> > >
> > > Look at the bottom video. Much more info in
> > this
> > > (longer) version. Keep in mind that the men
> > who
> > > did not live in the neighborhood produced
> (and
> > > possibly edited) the video.
> > >
> > > At one point, one of the more-aggressive
> males
> > is
> > > heard talking about a shotgun, as opposed to
> > the
> > > pistol Ohannessian possessed. He's also
> heard
> > > repeatedly uttering the address of
> > Ohannessian's
> > > house. I'll draw no definitive conclusions,
> > but
> > > there's a possibility Ohannessian was
> > threatened
> > > by the males outnumbering him.
> >
> > Bullshit! He's a wannabe military douche nozzle
> > that didn't have the balls to serve. He gets
> his
> > cushy civilian job at the Pentagon and has to
> work
> > feeling inferior to everyone around him
> actually
> > serving(ed). Now he thinks he's Rambo over a
> > literal 'You kids get off my lawn!' situation.
> >
> > They were no threat to his tiny balls. Also I'm
> > surprised he lives in such a small house. I
> guess
> > active-duty/veteran officers actually get paid
> > better.
>
>
> You can be a Senior Navy Official and not serve?!

Yep, that's why he isn't wearing a uniform in his pic and has 'Civialian' awards.
http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/About/Senior-Executives/Biographies/Ohannessian,%20K.pdf

Posted by: Wild, wild western Fairfax ()
Date: July 06, 2016 11:41PM

FrankR. Wrote:
> Why is this news?

Why is this news? Are you out of your mind?

Posted by: Paying a Mortgage ()
Date: July 06, 2016 11:42PM

New homes guide Wrote:
> Funny, this guy is a "senior Navy official" but
> lives in some shitty 70s/80s split foyer in Burke.
> Loser.

That's a four bedroom house with a yard in good shape that is worth over half a million dollars. Sorry its not high end enough for you.

Posted by: Twist your sister ()
Date: July 07, 2016 07:25AM

Allison Barber's lazy eye is sexy!

Posted by: protest ()
Date: July 07, 2016 09:00AM

What's the fuckers address? Let's protest his ass

Posted by: karnig?? ()
Date: July 07, 2016 09:10AM

he looks like a goddamn foreigner

Posted by: GVxbM ()
Date: July 07, 2016 09:33AM

As a conceal carry permit holder, I say this shit could have been solved with a garden hose.

Posted by: eFd6w ()
Date: July 07, 2016 10:22AM

We don't know the whole story and the vid on yahoo just showed a small segment.
I believe he was threatened, then provoked .. but if this was the case, he should have waited for the police before pulling out his heater.

Date: July 07, 2016 11:06AM

Paying a Mortgage Wrote:
> New homes guide Wrote:
> -----
> > Funny, this guy is a "senior Navy official" but
> > lives in some shitty 70s/80s split foyer in
> Burke.
> > Loser.
>
> That's a four bedroom house with a yard in good
> shape that is worth over half a million dollars.
> Sorry its not high end enough for you.

While it's not 'shitty'. He's either a cheap bastard or blowing his cash on gambling or something.

A typical Senior Navy Official should be living on the other side of the parkway in the South Run million dollar homes. (glad he doesn't)

Also that house isn't worth 'over half a million dollars'. 996 sqft and backyard to the Parkway.
Attachments:
Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 10.55.36 AM.png

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: July 07, 2016 12:12PM

"Sr. Navy Ofiicials" really don't make that much. $150k max.

Date: July 07, 2016 01:18PM

Ralph Pootawn Wrote:
> "Sr. Navy Ofiicials" really don't make that much.
> $150k max.

From the Big Boys's Big Book of Don't Know Jackshit.

Date: July 07, 2016 01:24PM

Mike O'Meara Show Fan Wrote:
> Ralph Pootawn Wrote:
> -----
> > "Sr. Navy Ofiicials" really don't make that
> much.
> > $150k max.
>
> From the Big Boys's Big Book of Don't Know
> Jackshit

LOL! Straight from chapter 1.
Attachments:
Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 1.22.07 PM.png

Posted by: His finger is inside ()
Date: July 07, 2016 02:29PM

His finger is inside the trigger guard point a weapon at unarmed people on public property. He should be charged with Assault with a deadly weapon for sure. No training for this idiot that is for sure. Another clueless gunowner. If there is justice he wont be able to own firearms for the rest of his life.

Posted by: Bill Brady ()
Date: July 07, 2016 05:30PM

Typical cowardly as fuck gun owner.

Posted by: 9kwW9 ()
Date: July 07, 2016 07:51PM

still, everything but the meat has been exposed

WHAT WAS THE ARGUMENT ABOUT? DEATH? BIRTH? PARKING?

i'd never let you all field strip a deer by the way

Posted by: 3W3Md ()
Date: July 08, 2016 03:45AM

Bill Brady Wrote:
> Typical cowardly as fuck gun owner.

He's one of yours, you faggot. Own it.

Posted by: Bomb Robot ()
Date: July 08, 2016 11:02AM

WHite guy assaults kids with a weapon and gets 'un-arrested' Black guy reaches for ID during a traffic stop and is murdered by a cop.

People wonder why the Dallas cop shootings happened.

Posted by: Sorry So Sorry ()
Date: July 08, 2016 11:58AM

Bomb Robot Wrote:
> WHite guy assaults kids with a weapon and gets
> 'un-arrested' Black guy reaches for ID during a
> traffic stop and is murdered by a cop.
>

Karnig Ohannessian flashed his "I'm with Hillary" bumper sticker and all was forgiven.

Fucking Democrats.

Posted by: 7CXLj ()
Date: July 08, 2016 12:10PM

(long hair guy): dude my dog likes crapping on your lawn. i'm here to tell you never to call the county when i park in front of your house - it's my business where i park

(navy guy): take off looser!

Posted by: Brandishing is Felony ()
Date: July 09, 2016 12:06PM

This toolbag is on leave now from his job at the Navy. What the fuck kind of fucked up name is Karnig anyway? He should be charged with brandishing a firearm, which is a felony in VA. He'll probably do 6 months or less.

"A high-ranking Navy official has been placed on administrative leave after he was videotaped pointing a gun at a group of young men during a confrontation outside his home northern Virginia.

Karnig Ohannessian, who is the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Environment, will remain on leave while U.S. Navy officials and local police look into the incident, CBS News reported.

During the June 11 altercation, Ohannessian was filmed by a group of men who were parked outside his home in Fairfax County, Virginia, ordering them to leave."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3680808/Karnig-Ohannessian-administrative-leave-filmed-pointing-gun-young-men.html

Posted by: wonder so hard ()
Date: December 31, 2016 09:20AM

Anyone hear the latest on this Navy wacko?

Posted by: MXNeP ()
Date: December 31, 2016 10:12AM

wonder so hard Wrote:
> Anyone hear the latest on this Navy wacko?

All three of the firearm charges were quietly dismissed on Nov 18, 2016.

Posted by: math teacher ()
Date: December 31, 2016 10:19AM

MXNeP Wrote:
> wonder so hard Wrote:
> -----
> > Anyone hear the latest on this Navy wacko?
>
>
> All three of the firearm charges were quietly
> dismissed on Nov 18, 2016.

As it should be.

Posted by: TWPB ()
Date: December 31, 2016 10:44AM

Typical white people behavior. "Muh pruhpperty! Muh pruhpperty!"

Date: December 31, 2016 02:34PM

math teacher Wrote:
> MXNeP Wrote:
> -----
> > wonder so hard Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Anyone hear the latest on this Navy wacko?
> >
> >
> > All three of the firearm charges were quietly
> > dismissed on Nov 18, 2016.
>
> As it should be.

In the sense that he should be killed, yes.

Posted by: Mike Ockhertz ()
Date: December 31, 2016 02:41PM

If a black man had done that he would have gotten 2 to 5 years in state prison.

Posted by: math teacher ()
Date: December 31, 2016 03:33PM

Mike Ockhertz Wrote:
> If a black man had done that he would have gotten
> 2 to 5 years in state prison.

Again...sounds correct to me.

Posted by: Joe B. ()
Date: December 31, 2016 04:10PM

His grip on the weapon is very disappointing. Looks like a D-bag. This, along with his demonstrated poor fundamentals, I say "guilty".

Posted by: Pest Control ()
Date: December 31, 2016 04:11PM

I'm disappointed that he didn't take out the trash by shooting the dirtbags.

Date: December 31, 2016 04:59PM

MXNeP Wrote:
> wonder so hard Wrote:
> -----
> > Anyone hear the latest on this Navy wacko?
>
>
> All three of the firearm charges were quietly
> dismissed on Nov 18, 2016.

He was promoted?

Posted by: NM7m4 ()
Date: January 01, 2017 09:54AM

(long hair guy): dude my dog likes crapping on your lawn. i'm here to tell you never to call the county when i park in front of your house - it's my business where i park

(navy guy): take off looser!

Posted by: XPTcC ()
Date: January 01, 2017 01:09PM

TWPB Wrote:
> Typical white people behavior. "Muh pruhpperty!
> Muh pruhpperty!"

Technically correct. The sidewalk is simply an easement on his property to permit the public travel. Note, _travel_ not loitering. When it snows, guess who has to remove the snow?

Posted by: Big O and Dukes Fan ()
Date: January 01, 2017 03:15PM

"(long hair guy): dude my dog likes crapping on your lawn. i'm here to tell you never to call the county when i park in front of your house - it's my business where i park

(navy guy): take off looser!"

Jesus fuck, asscock! They were getting in their car to LEAVE and the mentally ill Armenian faggot decided he had to point his gun at them.

On the bright side, it's always funny when someone says "looser".

Posted by: Attiturk ()
Date: January 01, 2017 03:45PM

Send this dipshit back to Turkey and let him find out first hand what being an Armenian blowhard does for him there. What a fat-ass dipshit wanker.

Posted by: cgc ()
Date: April 13, 2019 08:29AM

cowards gonna cower.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.