HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
My neighbors are completely batshit crazy
Posted by: Disgusted Neighbor ()
Date: June 28, 2016 03:34PM

My neighbors (not next to me, but in my subdivision community) installed surveillance cameras and are taking to harassing anyone (dog walkers, children, joggers) that come near their house. They posted this message on a community message board. My comments in [brackets].

Dear Neighbors,

With neighborhood security and safety in mind and after talking with several neighbors that have experienced similar events showing that this is not an isolated event, [wife's name withheld] and I wanted to share with the community a frightening experience that happened in front of our house on June 4 fully captured on our video surveillance system. [what was frightening about this? Were you threatened at any time in any way?]

In the very early hours of June 4, we saw on our cameras that a man/woman walked on the other side of the road (north on Misty Creek at 12:41 am) to our house [not a crime in America and hardly suspicious] to see if our house lights were on presumably [at least you admit this is pure conjecture -- they could have been looking at anything, for any reason]. After seeing that we were asleep [also, conjecture -- how do you know they saw that you were asleep?] and the lights were off, the person runs back from the direction that they came (south on Misty Creek at 12:43 am) [it's not a crime or suspicious activity by any reasonable standard to walk on a sidewalk and then turn around and run the other direction -- I do it all the time when I'm out for a jog and get tired]. Three minutes later at 12:46 am, what looks to be a black rag top silver convertible sports car [what does the pedestrian have to do with the car? are the two events related, or are you putting them together in this story to suggest they're related? is the driver of the car also the pedestrian?] pulls in front of our house with its headlights turned off [perhaps they're being a courteous neighbor and didn't want to shine headlights into their neighbors houses, thus disturbing them]. From 1:02 am until the time that the person drives away at 1:20 am (after being startled by a car driving by) [more conjecture -- you don't know the reason they drove away, it may have nothing to do with the other car driving by and you don't know the driver of the convertible was 'startled' -- but it does make for a better sounding story], the person seems to be smoking a cigar, pipe or other heavy tobacco/marijuana product [huge conjecture -- and meant to make the activity appear illegal, which it isn't, unless it is marijuana in which case they chose an odd place to light up] which can be seen as heavy smoke coming out of the driver’s side window [probably vaping, but still not illegal or suspicious]. At 1:19 am, after a car drives by startling this suspect [how could you possibly know the driver was startled? And, oh, now they're a 'suspect'? of what are they being suspected?], the person suddenly starts their car [there's only one way to start a car -- by turning on the ignition -- one cannot 'suddenly' start a car, nor can one start a car 'slowly', 'carefully', 'suspiciously' or 'surreptitiously'] -- and begins to make a U-turn driving south on Misty Creek Lane [not an illegal maneuver on that street] without turning on the car headlights [again, probably just trying to be courteous to their suspicious neighbors]. Just after 1:20 am, the car disappears from our video systems view [“…and like that, he’s gone” – very dramatic]. Please see the number of attached pictures clipped out of the video showing the entire event and we are hoping that someone in the community will be able to identify this vehicle to keep us safe [from e-cigarette smoking courteous drivers that pull-over to the side of the road to text their girlfriend about coming over to her house for Netflix&Chill].
Since this incident, we have installed additional IR illuminators to further enhance our night vision camera system capabilities so that we can easily identify people, vehicles and read license plate numbers.

We have given this video surveillance footage to the police department and they are working to identify the make and model of the convertible and to enhance the footage to read the license plate number. The Police Department suggested that we share this information with our community so they are aware of this and other occurrences.
As we have said, these are not isolated incidences as we have had suspicious activities with cars and people at all hours of the day [what can be suspicious about daytime pedestrian and vehicle traffic?] and night and our neighbors have also seen similar events.
We encourage our neighbors throughout the community both in Century Oak and the Fairways to be vigilant and aware of suspicious activities in the neighborhood to ensure that they are secure and safe for all of our families, children and pets. If you see suspicious activities [such as people installing IR cameras to spy on their neighbors’ homes and cars at night on public roads], please call the police.
If you have any question, please feel free to reach out to us so that we can have the safest community possible.

Regards,
[Names and address withheld, which is more than they do for the people (minors included) they photograph and harass with letters that publish non-public, personal information].

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My neighbors are completely batshit crazy
Posted by: not getting paid ()
Date: June 28, 2016 03:57PM

Looks like the dope fiends are going to have to find another street to get their buzz on.

Look dude, every fucking neighborhood has one of these houses...if not three or five.

Twenty years ago, it was the crazy old cat lady that stared out the window all the time. Technology means that old bitch can relax upstairs flicking her bean for hours on end whilst the motion activated cameras do their business and record every goddamn raindrop that violates her precious space outside.

It's the new world. Stay away from that house.

Posted by: Over-reaction ()
Date: June 28, 2016 04:00PM

My neighbors are possessed by the demon of fear that the bad guys are out there and coming to get them. What sort of motivation these bad guys would have, I don't know. But there is a phalanx of spotlights tied to motion sensors all around three sides of their home. Needless to say, every foraging fox, deer, racoon, or coyote sets these things off over and over again. Doesn't harm anyone, but the only thing the system is good for is the laughs it gives the rest of the neighborhood.

Posted by: 4yTVv ()
Date: June 28, 2016 04:04PM

They are probably overreacting, but your excuses are also ridiculous for what seems like somewhat suspicious activity. What kind of "courteous neighbor" drives around with their headlights off?

Posted by: backpage hookers ()
Date: June 28, 2016 04:05PM

You should send over some backpage hookers to their house

Posted by: The sky is falling ()
Date: June 28, 2016 04:17PM

Sounds like a neighborhood full of paranoid assholes.

The comments you injected made your post boring and unreadable.

Posted by: pXLbF ()
Date: June 28, 2016 04:21PM

Neighbors need to try to justify the investment in their video cameras.

Sounds like they need a different hobby.

Posted by: rebar ()
Date: June 28, 2016 04:26PM

Beat the shit out of them with those obnoxious [brackets] you like to use then call the cops on yourself.

Posted by: mr pancho ()
Date: June 28, 2016 07:23PM

That neighborhood off misty Creek is very nice and quiet too. Only thing that comes to mind maybe high school kids maybe hanging out and smoking pot. Was it near the Club house?

Posted by: annoying ()
Date: June 28, 2016 09:04PM

Your commentary is annoying and dumb, just post the note and let us decide what it means

Posted by: Fine with It ()
Date: June 28, 2016 09:42PM

We have a number of neighbors with security cameras around their properties. I like the fact that people coming and going on the street are being monitored.

I would also want to be notified if some stranger had been peeking in or trying to get into one of the houses on my street.

Posted by: Mark j ()
Date: June 28, 2016 10:33PM

Pretty good idea to get the security system...I'm getting one..thanks for the idea

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: June 28, 2016 11:01PM

annoying Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Your commentary is annoying and dumb, just post
> the note and let us decide what it means

+1

Posted by: Firstblackevr ()
Date: June 29, 2016 12:18AM

If someone took that as an easy spot to smoke, next people will be selling drugs there too if you let it go on.

If you have nothing to hide why do you care that your neighbors have cameras? Nothing good happens after 12am.

Posted by: pEuwU ()
Date: June 29, 2016 07:10AM

If you have nothing to hide, why would you object to the police coming over and searching your home whenever they want?

Posted by: koreanundergroundklan ()
Date: June 29, 2016 09:06AM

pEuwU Wrote:
> If you have nothing to hide, why would you object
> to the police coming over and searching your home
> whenever they want?

As long as they put things back as they were, respect is given with respect and they are just doing their job and I'm just following the law.

Posted by: bn ()
Date: June 29, 2016 09:49AM

You wouldn't happen to live on Lakeview Terrace, would you?

Posted by: puffpasssikepuff ()
Date: June 29, 2016 11:29AM

bn Wrote:
> You wouldn't happen to live on Lakeview Terrace,
> would you?

That's where I blaze 420 under the pale sun.

Posted by: dirka dirka dirka ()
Date: June 29, 2016 12:22PM

I think it would be a brilliant idea to move a neighbor like yours next to every mosque in the country. It's the perfect solution to the OPs primary issue, and harnessing the paranoid stupidity of the offending neighbors. Use that for something positive!

Posted by: Hiding Something? ()
Date: June 29, 2016 12:33PM

I'm more concerned about why OP doesn't want camera's around him. Is the OP hiding something?

Posted by: iLester. ()
Date: June 29, 2016 12:55PM

The bracketed comments aren't necessary.

Security cameras can be addictive like selfies and reality TV.

It may be that this is the first 'interesting' thing he was able to catch on the camera, and he's getting hyped up.

Posted by: DN ()
Date: June 29, 2016 09:37PM

Here's the latest. No brackets this time. I'm not a dog owner and don't like crap on my lawn either but I'm not calling the cops if a dog relieves himself on my yard the owner picks it up.

Hi Neighbors and Nearby Communities,

After reading several posts on “Nextdoor” Website about dog incidences, we thought it might be helpful to share some information with all of our neighbors and neighboring communities.

We realize that this email is long, but it contains valuable information and suggestions regarding etiquette for the owners and walkers of pets.

Based on the numerous conversations we have had with neighbors, this is not a new problem in our communities; but one that has existed for a number of years. Our common concerns are about pet safety, pet(s) trespassing, and disrespectful pet owners’ behavior. Many of our neighbors (including ourselves) have expressed concern that even with pooper scooper laws that they still don’t like that they need to be concerned about walking through pet elimination residue (both feces and urine) on their own lawns creating unsanitary conditions from these pet eliminations. Therefore, if a neighbor expresses this concern, the neighborly thing to do is to have your pet(s) eliminate on your own yard before the walk or ensure that your pet(s) do their business in one of the many common areas in your own community.

If your concerns are ignored, however, what we have heard from Fairfax County (and other homeowners), is that for those habitual, disrespectful pet owners that allow their pet(s) to wander into other homeowners’ property, there is an animal trespassing law that a homeowner can enforce with large fines to those habitual, disrespectful pet owners; thus, banning those pets from the homeowner’s property.

With these thoughts in mind, below are some Fairfax County laws and additional suggestions for Responsible Animal(s) Etiquette and Guidelines in the Century Oaks Community that should include:

1st ...The homeowner should have their pet(s) wander and relieve themselves on their own private property.

2nd ...If the homeowner must let their pet(s) wander and relieve themselves off their own private property, it should be done in one of the many common areas; not on another homeowners’ private property. The homeowner needs to clean up after their pet(s). There is a Pooper Scooper law in Fairfax County that can result in hundreds of dollars in fines for offenses. This law is noted on the Fairfax County web-site as “Section 41.1-2-6. - Animals causing unsanitary conditions (Pooper-Scooper Law).”

3rd ...When walking pet(s) on a sidewalk in front of another homeowner’s private property, the pet(s) should be kept on the sidewalk. They should not be allowed to wander off the sidewalk and relieve themselves or trespass on another homeowners’ private property. There is an Animal(s) Trespassing law in Fairfax County that can result in hundreds of dollars in fines and a Class IV Misdemeanor Criminal Record for offenses. This law is noted on the Fairfax County web-site as “Section 41.1-2-15. - Permitting animals to trespass.”

4th …When walking pet(s) on a retractable leash on a sidewalk in front of another homeowner’s private property, the pet(s) should not be allowed to wander a significant distance in front of or behind the pet(s) walker; thus permitting pet(s) to wander off the sidewalk and relieve themselves or trespass on another homeowners’ private property. Please be respectful and maintain control of the pet(s) on any leash (standard or retractable).

5th …When walking pet(s), the pet(s) should not be allowed off the leash. There is a Leash law in Fairfax County that can result in hundreds of dollars in fines and a Class IV Misdemeanor Criminal Record for offenses. This law is noted on the Fairfax County web-site as “Section 41.1-2-4. - Unrestricted dogs prohibited; leash law.”

6th … There is also a Dangerous and Vicious Dog law that can result in a Class 1 Misdemeanor Criminal Record for offenses. If you see a dangerous and vicious dog loose in the neighborhood, you should immediately call Animal Control at 703-691-2131 to report the dog. Once the dog is registered as dangerous and vicious the owner will most likely be required by law to register the dog (if they are not already on the registered list), and the dog will most likely be required by law to be muzzled when outside the home. If a case is brought to court, the dog will most likely be deemed a threat to public safety. This law is noted on the Fairfax County web-site as “Section 41.1-2-7. - Controlling dangerous and vicious dogs.”

7th …There is also a Noise Ordinance Law that includes dog barking, howling, meowing, squawking or quacking animals between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. when it can be heard inside a home with its doors and windows closed, or if these sounds can be heard between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. for more than five minutes consecutively or non-consecutively during a 10-minute period.

To report an animal noise ordinance problem…

• During daytime hours (Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Friday 9:15 a.m. – 4 p.m.), you should contact the Department of Code Compliance at 703-324-1300, TTY 711.
• At night, call the Police Department’s non-emergency number, 703-691-2131, TTY 711.

To enforce the law, the county may seek civil and criminal penalties against violators, as well as court orders to prohibit current and future noise. Civil penalties start at $250, rising to $500 for subsequent offenses. Criminal convictions would result in a Misdemeanor Criminal Record for offenses.

8th …Please ensure that your pet walker takes care not to let your animal(s) trespass on other homeowner’s property or to do any damage to another property since you could be liable (under animal trespassing laws) for such actions. Having your pet walkers follow the previous seven suggestions and laws will greatly help our community.

With animal etiquette guidelines, it’s up to the homeowner to enforce them. We encourage everyone to send in their recommendations to adopt these guidelines to the HOA Board. Please know that you can always enforce the laws set in place by Fairfax County.

Again, letting pet(s) wander and relieve themselves or trespass on another homeowners’ private property and private property landscaping is disrespectful and fineable behavior that is damaging to private property. This disrespectful and fineable behavior is also damaging to public property and the buffer or utility grass strip between the sidewalks and VDOT and Non-VDOT roads in the community making them unsightly.

Please be aware of these issues so that we can keep our neighborhood looking great and be a friendly place to live.

ps: We encourage you to pass this information along to any homeowner that may not be on our distribution list.

Posted by: Judge Jewey ()
Date: June 29, 2016 09:59PM

I would pay a homeless dude to shit on their doorstep middle of the night. They will film the whole thing...and it would be awesome. Imagine the emails you will get after that.

Posted by: YouForReal ()
Date: June 30, 2016 09:32AM

Whether or not your neighbors have surveillance cameras and we're disturbed by the activity going on in front of their house is really not your business for one thing. The other thing is that the brackets you used for all your nonsense made it almost impossible to read what you were saying. I think you need something else to do with your life

Posted by: bn ()
Date: June 30, 2016 11:10AM

I now imagine an influx of visitors to the Century Oaks Community to search for said neighbor.

Posted by: 74KU9 ()
Date: June 30, 2016 11:18AM

And now with fireworks around the 4th of July, this paranoid neighbor will be notifying police of individuals violating the "No Fun Policy". lol

Posted by: DN ()
Date: June 30, 2016 12:34PM

Another one yesterday:

Hello Neighbors,

Recently, there was another incident at our home showing very disappointing criminal behavior involving a car performing what we believe is an intentional “Hit and Run” on some of our landscape plantings around our mailbox. This incident happened after another incident (posted to Nextdoor on June 27) where a silver convertible mustang convertible was suspiciously parked outside of our house for about 45 minutes in the middle of the night with the driver just staring at the house smoking his cigar or pipe. We believe that these two incidents along with many others are all connected.

This incident happened at roughly 5:20 PM. At 5:23 PM, what appears to be a dark gray 2014 Nissan Sentra heading north on Misty Creek Lane turns onto Shadow Oak Lane stopping immediately at the corner just short of our mailbox. The vehicle appears to have two male occupants. Both the driver and passenger can be seen looking around to see if all other vehicles are out of view. A van driving on Shadow Oak Lane passes the vehicle at 5:23:43 PM and another car heading north on Misty Creek passes the vehicle at 5:24:08 PM. At 5:24:11 PM, after the car on Misty Creek is out of view, the dark gray Nissan Sentra pulls forward positioning so that the driver can back the car over the landscape plant on the right. The vehicle backs up clearly adjusting the turning wheels to keep the rear driver’s side tire in line with the position of the plant going up the curb and then after running over the plant at 5:24:22 PM, the vehicle immediately pulls out and heads back to Misty Creek Lane turning north at 5:24:29 PM (the original direction that it was going). Please see the attached pictures detailing the entire event.

In addition to the video footage with the vehicle running over the mailbox landscape plants, we also have video footage of suspicious activities at our mailbox the day before and the day after the “Hit and Run”.

All of this footage has been given to the police. At the police request, we have covered over the license plate of the car and pictures of the vehicle occupants until the completion of the police investigation when we will be given the opportunity to press charges.

We once again, ask our neighbors to be vigilant and aware. If you notice any suspicious activities, please report them to the police immediately. Working as a community, we can discourage and eliminate criminal behavior such as this from our neighborhoods.
Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Posted by: Nothing2Hide ()
Date: June 30, 2016 01:20PM

Fine with It Wrote:
> We have a number of neighbors with security
> cameras around their properties. I like the fact
> that people coming and going on the street are
> being monitored.
>
> I would also want to be notified if some stranger
> had been peeking in or trying to get into one of
> the houses on my street.

Same here. A few houses in the neighborhood have cameras. Some are obvious while some are hidden. They don't bother us at all and we'd be happy to have footage if anything happens.

Posted by: icare tax records ()
Date: June 30, 2016 01:24PM

LOL! Landscape hit and run, what fucking crazies.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/12829-Shadow-Oak-Ln-Fairfax-VA-22033/51764849_zpid/

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.8908577,-77.3906981,3a,75y,105.92h,87.46t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sZSd3bpmTbWn5-t1KIKjuGQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Name DAVIS WILLIAM V,
Mailing Address 12829 SHADOW OAK LN FAIRFAX VA 22033
Book 21408
Page 2014

Additional Owners
HANN JANETTE M

Posted by: Over-whattheF ()
Date: June 30, 2016 01:25PM

Over-reaction Wrote:
> My neighbors are possessed by the demon of fear
> that the bad guys are out there and coming to get
> them. What sort of motivation these bad guys
> would have, I don't know. But there is a phalanx
> of spotlights tied to motion sensors all around
> three sides of their home. Needless to say, every
> foraging fox, deer, racoon, or coyote sets these
> things off over and over again. Doesn't harm
> anyone, but the only thing the system is good for
> is the laughs it gives the rest of the
> neighborhood.

That's your idea of a laugh and something you actually spend time gossiping to other neighbors about? Geeze, sad little life I guess.

Posted by: guy in the Nissan ()
Date: June 30, 2016 01:54PM

I'm not from this area, I got lost and simply stopped to look at my GPS and then proceeded to turn around. I accidentally went over the curb, didn't think anything of it, but now I have the feds on me.

Posted by: 1212jjjuyt ()
Date: June 30, 2016 02:08PM

This is the same neighborhood where the lady beat up Kathy Smith as she was campaigning.

Century Oaks is wound tight.

Posted by: gotthelyfe ()
Date: June 30, 2016 04:13PM

I aspire to be this couple when I'm older! I love watching idiots be idiots. How crappy of a driver do you have to be to run over that plant, look how wide that driveway is! Of course it's done by a no front license plate idiot that can't follow some basic laws, of course they don't know how to turn their car around!

I do have a bigger concern with those trash bags blocking the sewage drain...

About the people walking their pets - Yeah the couple is a bit crazy. I had some tool always throwing his dog poo in to my trash cans after they have been emptied! I wouldn't care if you did it if they didn't pick up the trash yet, but for me to keep your dog's crap inside my garage...no thanks! I caught him one day, followed him home, and emptied a month's worth of his dog's crap on his door step. Haven't had a problem since.

Posted by: image processing ()
Date: June 30, 2016 04:23PM

A little image enhancement, and all is explained!
Attachments:
kill_the_plant_in_2016.jpg

Posted by: ohbrother ()
Date: June 30, 2016 05:53PM

Fear can be subjective. You aren't scared, they are. So what? Why does that bother you so much?

Simply leave them alone and let them be. No one is forcing you to read their messages. They aren't hurting you by posting them, you are choosing to read them (and spend a lot of time on commentary).

Posted by: 234dddf23333 ()
Date: July 01, 2016 07:02PM

I drove by the house last week. The lawn has "Danger - pesticide applied" signs all over it to keep the neighborhood dogs off. I will give them credit though--the house is kept up quite nicely. Too bad they're wacko birds.

Posted by: be a pal ()
Date: July 03, 2016 12:00AM

As a community service, you should really keep an an eye on these guys for us. You know, start a daily log, take photos of anything you deem suspicious. Once a week you can post the more egregious violations here for all of us to admire. Have to go generate my 1200 report on my crazy neighbors now, see you at the meetings.

Posted by: CIAtracker99898 ()
Date: July 04, 2016 11:53AM

Is the guy still sending out emails? Post something, damn you!!!

Posted by: So Dumb It's Funny ()
Date: July 04, 2016 02:24PM

This thread cracks me up. Hit and run on a plant. Some doofus makes a bad U turn and it becomes a conspiracy. People are crazy.

Posted by: FBItracker12345 ()
Date: July 04, 2016 02:24PM

CIAtracker99898 Wrote:
> Is the guy still sending out emails? Post
> something, damn you!!!

Someone should go over to his house and run around and do cart wheels and jumping jacks on his lawn in a speedo or something just to see how he reacts.

Posted by: fuckin nut cases ()
Date: July 04, 2016 02:51PM

So Dumb It's Funny Wrote:
> This thread cracks me up. Hit and run on a plant.
> Some doofus makes a bad U turn and it becomes a
> conspiracy. People are crazy.

I want to make a 3 point turn using their driveway now.

I'm sure I will be marked as a burglar scoping out their home or some crazy shit.

Posted by: Not Debi Wilson ()
Date: October 21, 2016 11:05PM

Sounds like nut jobs to me. Paranoid!! My neighbor has cameras all over her 40k manufactured house. Her 38 yr old son lives with her. After she has left for work,here come the drug dealers and hookers....her cameras need to focus on the inside of her own home while she is away at work! A true dumb broad. She is a screaming alkie too. Always yelling at someone.....amazing she still has a job or can walk....these folks are brain dead.....

Posted by: updates please ()
Date: October 21, 2016 11:22PM

Any updates from these guys?

I'm going to have to use their driveway to make a 3 point turn, maybe i'll be the next big bad burglar

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.