HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Felony hit and run coverup by the Commonwealth Atty
Posted by: KB ()
Date: June 26, 2016 04:23PM

How would feel if you were disabled for a month, when you are finally are well enough to go out and do some routine maintenance on a property you own only to find it has been vandalized. Then your neighbors tell you that the Arlington County Fire Department should have contacted you as they were given your name, address and phone number when they destroyed the property a month earlier.

County agency, they'll pay for the damage, should be OK right? Think again, this can happen to you!

https://www.change.org/p/attorney-general-mark-r-herring-how-an-act-of-negligence-grew-into-a-conspiracy-to-cover-up-felony-hit-and-run

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Felony hit and run coverup by the Commonwealth Atty
Posted by: WjwNp ()
Date: June 26, 2016 05:03PM

WTF do you expect?

This is why democrats need to be kept as far away from power as possible. Preferably six feet underground.

Posted by: Worthless Comment ()
Date: June 26, 2016 05:04PM

Maybe you should contact The City of Baltimore. They may have had nothing to do with your damaged fence, but I am sure the can stroke you a check for 1/4 of a million dollars because of some twisted sense of logic that exists in that city.

Perhaps Marilyn Mosby could help out the Commonwealths Attorney, and have a half a dozen innocent firefighters/EMTs charged with crimes.

Date: June 26, 2016 05:15PM

Hey Worthless, it's obvious you didn't read anything by your comment.

Posted by: Tripple-X ()
Date: June 27, 2016 11:15AM

Bump

Posted by: arse ()
Date: June 27, 2016 02:55PM

It wasn't a felony but it was still a shitty thing to do

Date: June 27, 2016 03:17PM

Check out the law cited, over $250 it's a felony (That was the criminal statute that the Commonwealth Atty. blocked by stating the property was "abandoned".)

You cam make a difference, sign the petition: http://tinyurl.com/stop-felony

Posted by: Reading is... ()
Date: June 27, 2016 04:43PM

First...who gives a fuck about some stupid issue you are having as a property owner in Arlington County with the Arlington County Gov. I miss how or why a resident of Fairfax County gives a shit.

Second, a vehicle hitting a fence and leaving the scene is NOT a felony. Ever. Unless there was an injury to a person involved. A fence is "unattended property" by its nature you stupid fuck. "Attended Property" would be a person sitting in their car. A parked car is also unattended property.

If you think you have a case, hire a lawyer and go to court. If not, then stop complaining.

Posted by: illiquid assets ()
Date: June 27, 2016 05:11PM

Reading is... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you think you have a case, hire a lawyer and go
> to court. If not, then stop complaining.

That's the problem. He doesn't have the liquidity to pay a lawyer thousands of dollars to properly pursue the case, and the case is too nickel-and-dime for a lawyer to take on contingency.

In the meantime, Arlington county has a deep, deep well of taxpayer dollars which they can use to grind away his entire net worth in attorney's fees if they're feeling particularly malicious.

Personally, I think he should do what so many others have done in his situation, stew ceaselessly in his anger, let it fester while he obsesses over the horrible injustice done to him by the corrupt politicians and uncaring bureaucrats, until it finally boils over in a rage shooting at the local courthouse.

I'd say this one's good for about a half-dozen bodies.

Posted by: CFyDe ()
Date: June 27, 2016 07:25PM

if true, it would be a serious civil suit

however keep in mind it is over chattels, and they have 30 days to respond to the accusation from the clock they are LEGALLY NOTIFIED*, and then after 30 days to correct after the scheduled court date

they would have to pay legal fees and duress due to making problems worse instead of facing their problems

were the property damaged due to lack of fence, they would also owe everything upon that as well

* LEGALLY NOTIFIED (witnessed by a notary, stamped by clerk, delivered by probably a deputy sheriff for a small fee)

Posted by: A. Lawyer ()
Date: June 27, 2016 07:56PM

Reading, are you really that stupid?

Yes, causing over $250 dollars in damage and leaving the scene IS a class 5 felony under 46.2-896. Don't quote the law if your ignorant of it.

Date: June 28, 2016 05:54AM

Thanks Lawyer, Reading did bring up a couple of valid point in his trolling. Why post on the Fairfax forum? Maybe because the property is in Fairfax (yes fire departments cross county boundaries). Also as A Lawyer pointed out, yes it is a felony. I did not come up with this charge, FCPD did. That was the charge they were going to file in a complaint against ACFD when the Commonwealth Atty. stepped in and tried to bury the issue.

Cfyde, wish everything worked that way in the real world.

Yes there is a lot here, including dereliction of duty on the part of the Commonwealth Atty's office. That's why I need your help in signing the petition so that this cover-up does not stay a cover-up.

http://tinyurl.com/stop-felony

Date: June 28, 2016 12:37PM

A. Lawyer Wrote:
> Reading, are you really that stupid?
>
> Yes, causing over $250 dollars in damage and
> leaving the scene IS a class 5 felony under
> 46.2-896. Don't quote the law if your ignorant of
> it.

You must really suck as a lawyer....

§ 46.2-900. Penalty for violation of §§ 46.2-895 through 46.2-897.

Any person convicted of violating the provisions of §§ 46.2-895 through 46.2-897 shall, if such accident results in injury to or the death of any person, be guilty of a Class 6 felony. If such accident results only in damage to property, the person so convicted shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor; however, if the vehicle or other property struck is unattended and such damage is less than $250, such person shall be guilty of a Class 4 misdemeanor. A motor vehicle operator convicted of a Class 4 misdemeanor under this section shall be assigned three demerit points by the Commissioner of the Department of Motor Vehicles.

Code 1950, § 46-190; 1958, c. 541, § 46.1-177; 1962, c. 302; 1973, c. 8; 1979, c. 653; 1989, c. 727; 1992, c. 279; 2001, c. 808.

Date: June 28, 2016 12:54PM

KB Wrote:
> Thanks Lawyer, Reading did bring up a couple of
> valid point in his trolling. Why post on the
> Fairfax forum? Maybe because the property is in
> Fairfax (yes fire departments cross county
> boundaries). Also as A Lawyer pointed out, yes it
> is a felony. I did not come up with this charge,
> FCPD did. That was the charge they were going to
> file in a complaint against ACFD when the
> Commonwealth Atty. stepped in and tried to bury
> the issue.
>
> Cfyde, wish everything worked that way in the real
> world.
>
> Yes there is a lot here, including dereliction of
> duty on the part of the Commonwealth Atty's
> office. That's why I need your help in signing
> the petition so that this cover-up does not stay a
> cover-up.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/stop-felony

I read your link and story. You only mention Arlington County agencies and government. You never name the Commonwealth Attorney's office you have issue with. You also never named the police department.

Let me point out some issues with your claims---besides the whole 46.2-900 issue...

The Commonwealth Attorney has no say or anything to do with you filing a police report. You would have filed a police report in Fairfax county and if the cops investigated, the cops would never have told you its a felony.

Being your case is a misdemeanor, the Fairfax cop would have sent you to see the magistrate yourself to get a warrant. But, lets say because the case involved another gov agency and the cop wanted to handle the whole case, they would have reviewed the case with an assistant commonwealth attorney in Fairfax county. it would then be up to this ACWA to decide to move forward with your case. The ACWA can simply decide not to prosecute the case. Which it sounds like they did.

jack shit you can do.

Which means all your recourse is in the civil courts.

Have you contacted your homeowner's insurance company?

Or you can call the news and papers. But I bet none of them cared and that is why you are now coming here to bitch.

I suggest you keep bugging the Arlington county risk management. looking at you pictures, it would not cost a lot to fix. You bug them enough, they just may fix so they don't have to deal with you any more.

Posted by: YCFN6 ()
Date: June 28, 2016 02:08PM

OP: put in a claim with your own insurance company. Of course, the damages to your already busted-ass fence probably doesn't exceed your $300.00 deductible, but doesn't that put this is perspective?

Oh, and maybe if Trump gets elected shit like this won't happen any more.

Date: June 28, 2016 09:00PM

You citations are a little out of date Reading. And I suggest you read a little bit more thoroughly. The reason given by the Deputy Commonwealth Attorney was the "property was abandoned" and no police report file number was assigned. That was the finding of the investigation (delivered by email, no number assigned). Like it never happened (save for those emails). I wouldn't have been so incensed had he stated the case didn't have legs or something to that effect.

And yes, the responding officer stated it was a felony when taking the report. I was thinking it would have been covered under section 18 (vandalism) which would make it a misdemeanor, but he corrected me.

Date: June 29, 2016 12:37AM

The cop that told you this is a felony is an idiot.

Please provide a link for the updated version of 46.2-900 since you say what I posted is out of date.

Date: July 09, 2016 12:17AM

bump, No dime store lawyers please.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.