HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Places I Eat
Posted by: Welp . ()
Date: June 25, 2016 09:26AM

These are the restaurants I frequent.

Options: ReplyQuote
Foxfire
Posted by: Foxfire ()
Date: June 25, 2016 09:27AM

Nice spot in an area dominated by low end chain restaurants. A bit on the pricey side for a place where the decor is aging. The food is always good though so we keep going back. Biggest downside is the beer selection.

Valentino's Pizza
Posted by: Valentino's Pizza ()
Date: June 25, 2016 09:28AM

Another spot we should go to more often. Great menu, just a step above all of the other local pizza and sub places, they really do a great job. They even started selling beer recently. Just needs a couple TVs, although they are plenty busy as it is.

7 Corners Pub
Posted by: 7 Corners Pub ()
Date: June 25, 2016 09:28AM

Nice spot, we've only been there for group events, seems like the place to be for soccer. Food was good, they have darts and beer. It was a fine place to take the fam but I'd probably go there more if I was single and looking to hang out.

Le Madeleine
Posted by: Le Madeleine ()
Date: June 25, 2016 09:29AM

A fairly unique spot with the cafeteria style ordering and very good food. We really should go more often, very happy every time we walk out.

Juke Box Diner
Posted by: Juke Box Diner ()
Date: June 25, 2016 09:29AM

Nice old style place that plays the old 50s tunes. Food isn't fantastic but the milkshakes are.

Longhorn
Posted by: Longhorn ()
Date: June 25, 2016 09:30AM

The new spot, needs more TVs, but highly awesome menu. Only thing that sucked is that I could not eat one of everything. The steak, the ribs, the salmon. This place will quickly become one of our goto spots for nights out. But the lack of TVs in the dining area will definitely prevent us from going if there is a game I want to watch.

Dogfishhead
Posted by: Dogfishhead ()

One of our regular spots but we always wonder why we go, it's just a slight bit fancier than it needs to be. It's a brew pub, they can turn down the fancy menu just a bit. But it's always crowded so what do I know. Same issue with the beer, I like craft beer but just not quite so crafty, a simple IPA or lager is fine, just a normal beer, nothing sweet and nothing so overly hoppy.

TGIFridays
Posted by: TGIFridays ()

Always crowded, they bring in a big regular customer base, but we've been disappointed when we've gone. They took forever to get my game on and the food isn't good enough to make up for the slow service and badly aging decor. From what I hear they have good happy hour prices so it must be the cheap drinks that keep them going.

Olive Garden
Posted by: Olive Garden ()
Date: June 25, 2016 09:31AM

Nice chain, been there forever, we hardly ever go, but always like it when we do. The salad and bread is good. It's always crowded so they are doing something right.

Firehouse
Posted by: Firehouse ()
Date: June 25, 2016 09:31AM

Local sub spot that is taking Subway's business. The steamed subs aren't health food but they sure do taste good. Complete staff turnover recently so I'm not sure what happened there, but the food it the same so who cares. Bonus that they have TVs.

Red Robin
Posted by: Red Robin ()
Date: June 25, 2016 09:32AM

Great burger joint. Only reason to go is for their burgers but they are very good. Good service, good beer selection, plenty of TVs. A really nice spot. We sat next to Eliot in the Morning there a couple years ago, my wife knows his wife from the preschool but she was too chicken to say hello.

Buffalo Wild Wings
Posted by: Buffalo Wild Wings ()
Date: June 25, 2016 09:32AM

Great decor, so it was a let down with the staff. Maybe in that area they think they can get away with waiters who don't speaka the English, but maybe that's why they didn't have much of a crowd the times we went. If I have to ask for my beer three times, and then have to show the waiter a picture so that he knows I want a Sierra Nevada why am I there? If I go in with a family of four and he brings us three meals, why am I there? Good beer selection, other than the wings not a great menu, but the wings are the reason to be there and they are good. The other complaint is that if you have 200 TVs and I ask for the local team to be turned on for just one of them, try taking less than a half hour, it should have been on already.

Clydes
Posted by: Clydes ()
Date: June 25, 2016 09:33AM

Long time local spot, very popular with the over 60 crowd. Very nice decor, which you pay for. Never a bad meal though. Both the front and back bars are nice hang out spots in an area that is lacking for bars.

Ruby Tuesdays
Posted by: Ruby Tuesdays ()
Date: June 25, 2016 09:33AM

No idea why this place isn't more crowded, it isn't empty, but deserves more business. Salad bar is fresh every time I go. The food is good, the staff is nice, as good as you are going to get from a chain restaurant.

Anthonys
Posted by: Anthonys ()
Date: June 25, 2016 09:34AM

An old Falls Church place that recently moved. Real nice decor. Food is very good. Beers are OK. A couple of TVs. They really did it right with the move.

Applebees
Posted by: Applebees ()

Seems like the cookie cutter chain restaurants would all get the same reviews but there is a real difference at Applebees compared to Ruby Tuesdays and Chili's, just not as good. Went there for the first time in a long time because we were in a rush and Claire and Don's was full, confirmed our opinions from years earlier.

City Diner
Posted by: City Diner ()

Best food of all the diners plus they have TVs and have the games on without having to be asked. Big portions and good prices.

Super Pollo
Posted by: Super Pollo ()
Date: June 25, 2016 09:35AM

They are known for their chicken but I get the burgers, they come with the same seasoning and are really good. Nice that when I order a cheeseburger I don't
get asked a single question, unlike all these fancy places that make them to order Super Pollo knows how to make them perfect without asking for my opinion.

Meaza
Posted by: Meaza ()
Date: June 25, 2016 09:35AM

Tried it, everyone else I was with liked it, but it wasn't my thing. The bread was OK, the sauce was OK, the meat was OK, but the whole thing together wasn't my thing.

Mad Fox
Posted by: Mad Fox ()
Date: June 25, 2016 09:36AM

Very good beers but the food doesn't match the prices and not enough TVs. Best thing going at Mad Fox is that they once had a brew created by the Tuppers,
it was pretty awesome, I even bought a growler, unfortunately when I went to refill it they were out. I wish the food selection was better, we'd go there
more often. The other issue is the lack of TVs, if I'm going to a brew pub I'm going to want to have a game on TV. It's been a couple years so maybe it's changed.

Chilis
Posted by: Chilis ()

A chain restaurant that does it right, decent prices for decent food. Good beer selection and a ton of TVs. The whole family is happy when we go to Chili's and I get to sing that old baby back song.

Barnside Diner
Posted by: Barnside Diner ()

Good food, cheap prices, nice service, and fast service. Great place to go for breakfast if you are in a rush or if you want to hang out for a while.
The lines on weekends prove that they are doing it right.

Silverado
Posted by: Silverado ()
Date: June 25, 2016 09:37AM

Great old spot, never disappoints. One of the few places where there are 4-5 different options on the menu that are all fantastic. The ribs and salmon are my goto items. But the best is their pasta with filet tips.

Noodle Co
Posted by: Noodle Co ()
Date: June 25, 2016 09:37AM

Simple chain restaurant with good food at a good price, some decent beers too (they advertise local beers but sell the Fat Tire brand).

Clare and Dons
Posted by: Clare and Dons ()
Date: June 25, 2016 09:38AM

I need to get back there, it was so freaking good. I love seafood and my family doesn't but I need to insist. Nice vibe to the place, real fun, but the food makes it a winner.

Re: Clare and Dons
Posted by: Ledo's Pizza ()

Good, simple pizza at a good price, with a nice beer selection and plenty of TVs.

Kilroys
Posted by: Kilroys ()

Another on the list that we should visit more often. Good food, nice atmosphere, what more do you want?

Tempo
Posted by: Tempo ()
Date: June 25, 2016 09:39AM

Upscale look, upscale menu, but the prices were not that bad at all. We need to get there more often, very good food that is close by. We felt like we were underdressed but they took our money and gave us a great meal.

Dogwood
Posted by: Dogwood ()
Date: June 25, 2016 09:41AM

Very good food, tons of beers, and plenty of TVs. Great brunch spot if you plan on only eating one meal for the day. Thought this was a gay bar when I went in with a buddy years ago, so we didn't go back for a long time, we were missing out. Pretty much the same place as William Jeffries Tavern.

Re: Ruby Tuesdays
Posted by: mdeTy ()
Date: June 25, 2016 05:39PM

Ruby Tuesdays Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No idea why this place isn't more crowded, it
> isn't empty, but deserves more business. Salad bar
> is fresh every time I go. The food is good, the
> staff is nice, as good as you are going to get
> from a chain restaurant.

Something wrong with the way they do business. The food--especially their wings appetizer--is a cut above all the other fern bars, but for some reason I never remember that.

Famous Dave's
Posted by: Famous Dave's ()
Date: June 25, 2016 06:51PM

Buzz kill reminder that Red Hot & Blue isn't around any more. The brisket and pork are good but the ribs are fatty and about as far from fall off the bone as you can get. High prices too, BBQ is supposed to be cheap and plentiful. Also needs to up their beer selection.

Re: Places I Eat
Posted by: Y not? ()
Date: June 25, 2016 07:00PM

at the Y.

Posted by: On The Cheap ()
Date: June 25, 2016 08:46PM

Franconia Pizza : Very Good Spaghetti Dinners and the Best Hamburger Sub in NOVA.

Marios Wilson Blvd : Best "Steak and Cheese" in NOVA The Leftys Special.. Not a Cheese Steak..

Willards: Smoked Meat Loaf Platter and Cuban sandwich.. Ya Baby

Primos: Excellent Gyro and Chicken Souvlaki Platters.. Im Making One Tonight my Copy Cat.

That's it.. I usually bring up something cheap and greasy from home. Or Slum and get something from a fast food joint.. I had a hundred favorites here in NOVA but so many are Gone. Or they F' them Up..Like Fishmarket in old Town when they got Rid of the 2 bars where you could sit down and get something fast, and went with all the booths..Have not been back in a couple years..

DAJAX

Posted by: Just Like Primos.. ()
Date: June 25, 2016 11:13PM

But theirs is a Bit better.. Low Fat. and good.. Ya..

When The "Voices In My Head.. Tell me To Reduce" Back down to 185 Ya..

DAJAX.. The Peaceful One..
Attachments:
JustLikePrimosBro.jpg

Posted by: No To Willard's ()
Date: June 25, 2016 11:17PM

On The Cheap Wrote:
> Franconia Pizza : Very Good Spaghetti Dinners and
> the Best Hamburger Sub in NOVA.
>
> Marios Wilson Blvd : Best "Steak and Cheese" in
> NOVA The Leftys Special.. Not a Cheese Steak..
>
> Willards: Smoked Meat Loaf Platter and Cuban
> sandwich.. Ya Baby
>
> Primos: Excellent Gyro and Chicken Souvlaki
> Platters.. Im Making One Tonight my Copy Cat.
>
> That's it.. I usually bring up something cheap and
> greasy from home. Or Slum and get something from a
> fast food joint.. I had a hundred favorites here
> in NOVA but so many are Gone. Or they F' them
> Up..Like Fishmarket in old Town when they got Rid
> of the 2 bars where you could sit down and get
> something fast, and went with all the booths..Have
> not been back in a couple years..
>
> DAJAX

Willard's food is absolute shit, and the staff are assholes.

Posted by: What You Got Against Latinos Bro ()
Date: June 25, 2016 11:43PM

Those Legal Immigrants.At Willards...Future Americans.. make Some.. GOOD Food At Willards.. Sorry No Corn Bread in the Pic.. Already Gobbled it Up..Smoked Meat Loaf Platter To Go..Ya Baby!

DAJAX.. Id Throw Down the Race Card..On You! But John Lewis has It and wont Give It Up! He and Hillary Hoggin It All the Time...Sharing it only with Liberal friends. Talking some Un intelligent blabber.. bout Guns..
Attachments:
WillardsDammGood.jpg

Posted by: No To Willard's ()
Date: June 25, 2016 11:48PM

^^^

Looks like someone took a dump in you canned green beans.

Posted by: Low Blow Bro..But.. Your Right ()
Date: June 25, 2016 11:55PM

Them Green Beans were from a can.. But them Taters are Redskin..(Hush My Mouth)
and homemade. And That meatloaf is Great on top of two pieces of bread with a Big Square O Corn Bread.. No Corn Hole Jokes.. Bro..Please...

"Cant We All Just get Along..Rodney King" RIP Rodney..You Got that right..

DAJAX

Marios and Primos
Posted by: Marios and Primos ()
Date: June 26, 2016 06:12AM

On The Cheap Wrote:
> Franconia Pizza : Very Good Spaghetti Dinners and
> the Best Hamburger Sub in NOVA.
>
> Marios Wilson Blvd : Best "Steak and Cheese" in
> NOVA The Leftys Special.. Not a Cheese Steak..
>
> Willards: Smoked Meat Loaf Platter and Cuban
> sandwich.. Ya Baby
>
> Primos: Excellent Gyro and Chicken Souvlaki
> Platters.. Im Making One Tonight my Copy Cat.
>
> That's it.. I usually bring up something cheap and
> greasy from home. Or Slum and get something from a
> fast food joint.. I had a hundred favorites here
> in NOVA but so many are Gone. Or they F' them
> Up..Like Fishmarket in old Town when they got Rid
> of the 2 bars where you could sit down and get
> something fast, and went with all the booths..Have
> not been back in a couple years..
>
> DAJAX

I had Marios about a million years ago and found it to by the type of food that's only good if you are drunk at 2 AM. Maybe it's better than I remember.

Primos was the shit back in the day, still very good, but their pizza isn't the same as it was.

Posted by: KdLXC ()
Date: June 27, 2016 08:43AM

KdLXC

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.