HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Washington Post
Posted by: JudgeRoy ()
Date: June 19, 2016 08:11AM

So I open my home delivered Wash Post again this morning and once again articles centered on gun control and gays.
Sick of this paper now and will cancel it tomorrow.
One slanted stinkin' newspaper.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washington Post
Posted by: ijhgr ()
Date: June 19, 2016 08:15AM

JudgeRoy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So I open my home delivered Wash Post again this
> morning and once again articles centered on gun
> control and gays.
> Sick of this paper now and will cancel it
> tomorrow.
> One slanted stinkin' newspaper.

Then read the Washington Times if you want the right wing slant on things.

Date: June 19, 2016 08:27AM

ijhgr Wrote:
> JudgeRoy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So I open my home delivered Wash Post again
> this
> > morning and once again articles centered on gun
> > control and gays.
> > Sick of this paper now and will cancel it
> > tomorrow.
> > One slanted stinkin' newspaper.
>
>
> Then read the Washington Times if you want the
> right wing slant on things.

Thank you. I will look into that tomorrow!

Posted by: moreandmorestrident ()
Date: June 19, 2016 08:58AM

Been a WP reader for well over 30 years. Yes, I have noticed they are becoming more and more political and stridently political the last few years. There is no longer even a pretext of fairness of perspective. But reading views contrary to my own doesn't bother me so I will continue to subscribe. Well, mostly so I can read online...

Date: June 19, 2016 09:25AM

It's got to the point with me to where I only read Metro (see who died) and the Sports page. Sports, well, I can watch ESPN and get what updates I need.
The Wash Magazine is mostly about gays dating gays. Who cares!

Posted by: cap ()
Date: June 19, 2016 09:32AM

Cancel your Amazon Prime also.

Why would billionaire Jeff Bezos buy a dying newspaper if not to spread his political beliefs?

Posted by: washguy ()
Date: June 19, 2016 09:44AM

I'm an independent voter and I've noticed over the past year the Post has become an arm of the DNC. Part of this is pushing out a daily clean slate of opinions to the groups the DNC panders to for votes. Take the last week as exhibit A if you haven't recycled it yet. Love them or hate them there's at least a few readers in the region that are straight, middle class and respect the job the police force is doing.

Posted by: Graham donald ()
Date: June 19, 2016 09:50AM

You just noticed that the Post has a far left slant? Did you just wake up from a 30 year coma?

Posted by: Done a long time ago ()
Date: June 19, 2016 10:26AM

I gave up on the post when, in the 2008, they became a cheerleader for one side. In prior years they at least maintained a pretense of objectivity; in 2008 they did not.

Their bias mainly appears as story selection, fact selection, fact order, and adverb and adjective selection.

Consider their support of the renaming of the Redskins. They took up the banner placed before them by activists, decried the methodology of a survey that showed 90% of native americans did not care, and consistently pushed for a renaming....until they did their own survey, and found out 90% of native americans did not care. Then they ran a story mentioning their survey while highlighting the opinions of activists.

Activists must lead WaPo by the nose.

Posted by: dr. seuss ()
Date: June 19, 2016 11:52AM

Anyone who says that Washington Post is far left needs to read more. Have you heard of Bernie Sanders?

Posted by: Bastion Of The Liberal Elite ()
Date: June 19, 2016 12:18PM

That's the Washington Post. Most articles are far left if they are political or can be made political. Piss on them..and 98% of their Editorials too. I read the post with a jaundiced eye. And 98% of the time do it Free!

DAJAX

Posted by: Mike O'Meara Show Fan ()
Date: June 19, 2016 03:18PM

Don't forget the staff racists like Courtland Milloy and Colbert King, as well as that white looking black lady, Laylani something who recently left the Style section.

Posted by: WaCpo ()
Date: June 19, 2016 03:36PM

The Washington Compost

Posted by: WaPo is dying ()
Date: June 19, 2016 06:16PM

Just another MSM newspaper run by globalists. People are waking up and ditching these rags and thankfully the WaPo will be dead in a few years.

Posted by: Bubba ()
Date: June 19, 2016 06:23PM

Hate that they started charging for online. Who was an account I can use?? Thanks

Posted by: igor blanovich ()
Date: June 19, 2016 06:48PM

The Post is where old Pravda propagandists go to die.

Posted by: Daddy B ()
Date: June 19, 2016 06:59PM

I cancelled my 30+ year subscription for the same reason.

Date: June 19, 2016 08:33PM

You have to be dumb to think that The Washington Post is not a good newspaper. That newspaper is what real Americans read, and honest, hardworking ones at that. Never would someone say that it's even harmful.

cap Wrote:
> Cancel your Amazon Prime also.
>
> Why would billionaire Jeff Bezos buy a dying
> newspaper if not to spread his political beliefs?

That doesn't matter.

washguy Wrote:
> I'm an independent voter and I've noticed over the
> past year the Post has become an arm of the DNC.
> Part of this is pushing out a daily clean slate of
> opinions to the groups the DNC panders to for
> votes. Take the last week as exhibit A if you
> haven't recycled it yet. Love them or hate them
> there's at least a few readers in the region that
> are straight, middle class and respect the job the
> police force is doing.

Still better than being a part of the Trumptard army.

Mike O'Meara Show Fan Wrote:
> Don't forget the staff racists like Courtland
> Milloy and Colbert King, as well as that white
> looking black lady, Laylani something who recently
> left the Style section.

Knowing who you are... you'd say this stuff while it's the opposite. They tell better facts than you.

WaPo is dying Wrote:
> Just another MSM newspaper run by globalists.
> People are waking up and ditching these rags and
> thankfully the WaPo will be dead in a few years.

You got your words wrong, and plus intelligent, educated people will continue reading WaPo.

Posted by: Libtardz!!! LoLz!! ()
Date: June 19, 2016 08:41PM

^^^^^^^^

WORST. TROLL. EVER.

Posted by: Boofer ()
Date: June 19, 2016 08:41PM

It's that Eugene Robinson that's the real blight. Everything is the white mans fault

Date: June 19, 2016 08:47PM

Libtardz!!! LoLz!! Wrote:
> ^^^^^^^^
>
> WORST. TROLL. EVER.

I'm the worst troll ever since I am a good non-troll.

Posted by: Bob Pulitzer ()
Date: June 19, 2016 10:28PM

The Post is nothing but leftwing garbage, just as it has been for years. Why would anyone pay to read their lies and hatred of all things American?

Posted by: iLester. ()
Date: June 19, 2016 11:04PM

Using a search engine on topics in the news, such as the war in Syria, the Orlando shooting, the financial markets, or Brexit, I don't come across too many worthwhile articles in the Washington Post or the New York Times for that matter. And pretty much never with the Washington Times for that matter. Newspapers local to the story usually have the most detail, and you have to read a number of articles to balance out the viewpoints.

Posted by: 9864f ()
Date: June 20, 2016 12:06AM

How come wingnuts bitch and whine about liberal publications not giving voice to conservative opinions, but never complain about right wing publications that are just as guilty of presenting only one side?

I have never heard anyone complain about the Washington Times having no liberal columnists.

But then no one actually reads the Washington Times.

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: June 20, 2016 12:09AM

The ironic thing about the WaPo is that they have abandoned the only part of their base that is willing to pay for news today. They have become catering to the millenials that do not pay for their news, Bernie's supporters that could not afford to pay for their news even if they wanted to or the rest of their liberal base that cannot read! As a result, Bezos will eventually grow tired of pouring money into an expensive toy and shut the pathetic paper down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2016 12:16AM by Inquisitive One.

Posted by: Ink stained wretch ()
Date: June 20, 2016 12:37AM

The Post's reputation was built on helping bring down Richard Nixon and several of his top advisors during the Watergate scandal. Twenty-five years later they held Bill Clinton to a different, more lenient standard. Nowadays it's nearly impossible to distinguish between the Post and Democratic National Committee propaganda.

Posted by: WaPo--good riddance ()
Date: June 20, 2016 01:27AM

Ink stained wretch Wrote:
> The Post's reputation was built on helping bring
> down Richard Nixon and several of his top advisors
> during the Watergate scandal. Twenty-five years
> later they held Bill Clinton to a different, more
> lenient standard. Nowadays it's nearly impossible
> to distinguish between the Post and Democratic
> National Committee propaganda.

This. A once prestigious paper is now circling the drain.

Date: June 20, 2016 01:49AM

WaPo--good riddance Wrote:
> Ink stained wretch Wrote:
> -----
> > The Post's reputation was built on helping
> bring
> > down Richard Nixon and several of his top
> advisors
> > during the Watergate scandal. Twenty-five years
> > later they held Bill Clinton to a different,
> more
> > lenient standard. Nowadays it's nearly
> impossible
> > to distinguish between the Post and Democratic
> > National Committee propaganda.
>
> This. A once prestigious paper is now circling the
> drain.

Just for the record, if it would help speed up the process I would gladly contribute a case of Drano.

Posted by: Paper Boy ()
Date: June 20, 2016 06:40AM

As a kid, I delivered the Post and read it every day. It was a habit that continued for 30 years. Over time, however, I got sick of the hate-filled, hypocritical racist writers such as Eugene Robinson, Courtland Milloy and Michael Wilbon, among others. The blatantly leftwing double standards applied by the Post are sickening. I'll never pick up another copy and look forward to the day when the last propagandist gets laid off from this once-great newspaper.

Posted by: bkp3X ()
Date: June 20, 2016 09:28AM

The Post lost me when they criticized kids for being too well-dressed for their father's swearing in to the Supreme Court. As if neckties were inappropriate. I wore a (clip-on) tie to Church from the time I was 6 or y years old.

The writer and editor should have been fired for that story.

Posted by: Cvvpy ()
Date: June 20, 2016 09:29AM

*7 not y

Posted by: iLester. ()
Date: June 20, 2016 10:10AM

They lost me when they started running expose's on the WMD lies after the US had already invaded Iraq. They later admitted to holding back or burying stories. Part of democracy is access to all information so it can be acted on to change government policies.

Posted by: Mike O'Meara Show Fan ()
Date: June 20, 2016 12:12PM

The best thing the Post did was along with the NYT, publishing the Pentagon Papers, which actually reflected badly on two Democrat administrations, but since Nixon was in power at the time, that bad reflection got wrong shone on him.

During Watergate on the other hand, they got it mostly right, but Woodward for sure and probably Bernstein manipulated and managed the story to keep the real story from coming out. See Secret Agenda by Jim Hougan and Silent Coup by Colodny et al.

Woodward is a lying pussy who has leveraged access into quite a career, but he doesn't lie all the time and is not always wrong.

Bernstein's claim to fame is that he attended swingers' parties with Czech intelligence agents.

Posted by: Former Democrat voting for TRUMP ()
Date: June 20, 2016 05:22PM

I like how Liberals and Progressives cite Watergate as some over-the-top transgression.

Let me get this straight:

A few men break into the offices of the Democrat Party, and steal files pertaining to Democrats having sex with hookers.

Then they get caught.

Some how, this is big news.

I don't care about Watergate. Hillary Clinton sold pardons. Hillary Clinton is worth $300 million dollars for selling access.

Hillary Clinton made 3 speeches for Goldman Sachs, and was paid $675,000.

As Bernie Sanders said, those must have been Shakespearean speeches.

But we know they weren't. We know Goldman Sachs was paying her so that if she were President, she'll be kind to them.

Or, you idiots who drink the Kool-Aid (also, the same idiots who see clothing on a nude man) can actually believe that she's the smartest woman in the world, and that those multi-billion fund managers wanted to learn something from her wisdom.

I will be voting for TRUMP.

Posted by: Page 3 Girls ()
Date: June 20, 2016 05:32PM

I read Washington Post for the scantily clad women on page 5.

Posted by: h r haldeman ()
Date: June 20, 2016 05:58PM

Former Democrat voting for TRUMP Wrote:
> I like how Liberals and Progressives cite
> Watergate as some over-the-top transgression.
>
> Let me get this straight:
>
> A few men break into the offices of the Democrat
> Party, and steal files pertaining to Democrats
> having sex with hookers.
>
> Then they get caught.
>
> Some how, this is big news.
>
> I don't care about Watergate. Hillary Clinton sold
> pardons. Hillary Clinton is worth $300 million
> dollars for selling access.
>
> Hillary Clinton made 3 speeches for Goldman Sachs,
> and was paid $675,000.
>
> As Bernie Sanders said, those must have been
> Shakespearean speeches.
>
> But we know they weren't. We know Goldman Sachs
> was paying her so that if she were President,
> she'll be kind to them.
>
> Or, you idiots who drink the Kool-Aid (also, the
> same idiots who see clothing on a nude man) can
> actually believe that she's the smartest woman in
> the world, and that those multi-billion fund
> managers wanted to learn something from her
> wisdom.
>
> I will be voting for TRUMP.

You are an imbecile. Nixon was a threat to democracy. The end does not justify the means.

Posted by: just saying ()
Date: June 21, 2016 12:13AM

Take some time and read up on then Hillary Rodhams manipulative unethical behavior that got her removed from chief counsel Jeffry Ziefman's committee after Watergate concluded. She made Nixion look like an amateur as it pertains to unethical behavior. She also showed blatant disregard for the law, and specifically the constitution, while being part of the committee to investigate government officials for, oh yea, breaking the law and violating the constitution. If you believe what you say about the ends not being justified by the means, then I guess that would make you a Trump supporter. Or a hypocrite. Your turn.

Posted by: Dog Walker1 ()
Date: June 21, 2016 12:32AM

The WaPo, like most of drive-by media are attack dogs biting any Republican, especially a conservative. They are lapdogs to the Democrats, especially Dem Presidents and Dem liberals.

The bias goes way beyond simple partisan politics to encompass notions of what good government should do. More generally, WaPo and mainstream media, also emphasize liberal ideas, theories, beliefs, or memes (even if false or relatively unimportant) and de-emphasize and debunk conservative ideas, theories, beliefs, or memes (despite being true and important).

Decades ago (30 plus years back) the WaPo Metro page had a headline "Va Stingiest in Area Benefits." The article pointed out that Virginia welfare benefits per person in the program were lower than Maryland welfare and much lower than DC welfare.

Nowhere in the article did it mention that the cost of living was lower in Va than Md and much lower in Va than DC. That's statewide averages. Obviously the suburbs of DC in Va and Md are high cost of living areas. Yet, and this was more true 30 plus years back than now, many Marylanders and Virginians lived in low cost of living areas. Think rural Eastern shore, Western part of Md and parts of Va near NC, TN, KY, and WV borders.

Obviously, in the minds of the WaPo reporter and editor higher welfare benefits were good and this bias was part of what purported to be a news story. Instead, the article was a thinly disguised editorial, pretending to be a news story.

The headline, with an opposite bias, would have been: "Va thriftiest in Area Benefits" and the story could be that Va was not fleecing its taxpayers to give great benefits to layabouts.

A neutral headline would have been "Area Benefits Vary" with the neutral story comparing benefits, but also factoring in different average costs of living and the negative impact on the budgets if benefits are too high, forcing state/DC taxpayers to pay higher taxes.

==========
==========

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Cassis on manners

Ignoring juvenile attacks and remarks on the internet for over two decades.

Arguing by deflection or name-calling is an admission that you don't have a rational argument.

Posted by: Independent2 ()
Date: June 21, 2016 06:07AM

When I moved to this area in the late 80's I subscribed to the Wash Po and Wash Times. I was initially amazed that the same story appeared quite differently in both publications. This isn't new news, but glad you are a discerning reader.

Posted by: vXyyU ()
Date: June 22, 2016 06:25PM

Unlike other Liberal rags, the Washington Post takes veracity seriously, while not denying their left-leaning bias.

I believe the WP has fired numerous left-leaning "journalists", who now are affiliated with websites like Media Matters, etc.

Posted by: FCboomer ()
Date: June 22, 2016 10:23PM

When they tell you your free access is about to run out just clear your cookies, close and re-open your browser. Continue reading.

Posted by: gringo ()
Date: June 23, 2016 11:16AM

The Washington Post's left wing bias is in large part responsible for it's declining revenues.

That and the fact that illegals don;re read gringo newpapers.

Posted by: fixed it for you ()
Date: June 23, 2016 11:36AM

gringo Wrote:
> The internet is in large part responsible for it's (sic) declining revenues.

Posted by: FrankR. ()
Date: June 23, 2016 11:47AM

Liberal rag. Trash it and cancel your subscription.

Posted by: BJ Honeycut ()
Date: June 23, 2016 12:17PM

Jewish neolib/neocon rag. Get rid of it.

Posted by: mHvwM ()
Date: June 23, 2016 12:42PM

Shit I remember when G Gordon Liddy bashed that newspaper on his radio show in the 90s. Don't give the Washington Compost any $. You are just supplementing a means for liberals to piss and moan.

Posted by: Craig List ()
Date: June 23, 2016 10:14PM

Anyone remember when the commie rag was the only game in town for classifieds, and gouged everyone for $100 for 3 lines for 3 days? So glad I took that cash cow away from those lib dickheads!

Date: June 26, 2016 07:33AM

Take a look at the cover of the outlook section of today's WP. Three columns in a row bashing whites people. What the actual fuck is going on with this fucking rag? How does this shit pass for news? Unreal. Unsubscribe, now.

Date: June 26, 2016 09:26AM

FrankR. Wrote:
> Take a look at the cover of the outlook section of
> today's WP. Three columns in a row bashing whites
> people. What the actual fuck is going on with this
> fucking rag? How does this shit pass for news?
> Unreal. Unsubscribe, now.

Although I have read the WaPo for many years I have always placed their editorial and oped pages as off limits for me. The only exception is when I am in a bad mood I will read a Eugene Robinson editorial and make a two or three paragraph tirade about the ridiculous viewpoints of this radical madman. I do agree that they are approaching the point of no return on their news coverage. Even for a shamelessly liberal rag like the Post there has to be a few shreds of truth to an article for it to have any credibility. However, maybe the solution is to read the headline and go to comments section for both sides of the story.

Posted by: Glad it's not just me ()
Date: June 26, 2016 02:57PM

I don't remember it being this blatantly biased until the last 6 months or so.

I just scan the articles for a good chuckle.

Date: June 26, 2016 03:12PM

Glad it's not just me Wrote:
> I don't remember it being this blatantly biased
> until the last 6 months or so.
>
>
> I just scan the articles for a good chuckle.

The last 6-10 months have been a joke for the Post. I feel like they're trying to kill it off for good. Good riddance.

Posted by: ehHkD ()
Date: June 27, 2016 08:50AM

ehHkD

Posted by: nuke ()
Date: July 01, 2016 10:51AM

The Washington Post has an agenda - best thing to do is not subscribe - they rarely offer any value.

Posted by: Derpers gonna derp ()
Date: July 01, 2016 11:33AM

Quick skim and there's like, 45 posts here?
Guarantee, 2 people at most have typed all of the lunacy.

"Jewish neolib/neocon rag." LOL!

Posted by: Gruntled ()
Date: July 01, 2016 12:15PM

nuke Wrote:
> The Washington Post has an agenda - best thing to
> do is not subscribe - they rarely offer any value.

I changed my subscription to Sunday only, mainly for the coupons, TV guide, and comics.

BTW, all of the customer service/billing I've run into is now off-shored. After they fouled up an attempt to process a credit card, I didn't want to have to recite it to yet another person, so I asked them to send a paper invoice. You would have thought that I had asked them to set their genitalia on fire.

Date: July 01, 2016 01:36PM

Gruntled Wrote:
> nuke Wrote:
> -----
> > The Washington Post has an agenda - best thing
> to
> > do is not subscribe - they rarely offer any
> value.
>
> I changed my subscription to Sunday only, mainly
> for the coupons, TV guide, and comics.
>
> BTW, all of the customer service/billing I've run
> into is now off-shored. After they fouled up an
> attempt to process a credit card, I didn't want to
> have to recite it to yet another person, so I
> asked them to send a paper invoice. You would have
> thought that I had asked them to set their
> genitalia on fire.

I'm sure they have mutilated / removed their genitalia years ago over there at the Washington Post.

Posted by: SocialistPost ()
Date: July 03, 2016 09:47AM

My god, this paper is horrid. I'm done with it.

Posted by: dhnhm ()
Date: July 03, 2016 10:42AM

Story on Clinton meeting with FBI gets almost no coverage in the Post today. Small article that got about 1/3 the print of some shitty story on global warming in the Himalayas that is destroying some shitty herb that the local 3rd world dirt eaters rely on.

Compare that to the story the Post did a couple of weeks ago about Trump in high school. Got banner headline and two full pages. Next they'll do an indepth expose on Trump's bathroom habits.

Fuck the WaPo. It is a DNC-shilling propaganda rag.

Posted by: Libtardz!!! LoLz!! ()
Date: July 03, 2016 03:35PM

dhnhm Wrote:
> Story on Clinton meeting with FBI gets almost no
> coverage in the Post today. Small article that
> got about 1/3 the print of some shitty story on
> global warming in the Himalayas that is destroying
> some shitty herb that the local 3rd world dirt
> eaters rely on.
>
> Compare that to the story the Post did a couple of
> weeks ago about Trump in high school. Got banner
> headline and two full pages. Next they'll do an
> indepth expose on Trump's bathroom habits.
>
> Fuck the WaPo. It is a DNC-shilling propaganda
> rag.

This. Those hacks aren't even close to being objective. It's more obvious now than it's ever been.

Posted by: open your eyes ()
Date: July 03, 2016 03:40PM

Washington Post and New York Times are establishment papers. They tell you what the establishment wants you to think. Hillary is the establishment candidate. What is the surprise? If they were really left, they would've fawned over Bernie Sanders and trashed Elizabeth Warren for endorsing Clinton.

Posted by: Death of MSM ()
Date: July 03, 2016 03:51PM

open your eyes Wrote:
> Washington Post and New York Times are
> establishment papers. They tell you what the
> establishment wants you to think. Hillary is the
> establishment candidate. What is the surprise?
> If they were really left, they would've fawned
> over Bernie Sanders and trashed Elizabeth Warren
> for endorsing Clinton.

It's not hard to figure out why they're failing then.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.