HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I have been using Dulles toll road and Greenway for over a month and have not paid. What is going to happen to me?
Posted by: I miss my dog ()
Date: June 18, 2016 09:26AM

I live in Leesburg and work in Tysons. About 6 weeks ago I had an ugly breakup with my boyfriend. He left suddenly and took everything that belonged to him while I was away for the weekend. One of the things he took was his Smart Pass, which I had been using in my car. I did not even notice until I had been through the toll booths a few times and then honestly after that I was still just so angry and frustrated I didn't care. Yes, I've been very emotional. I know I have been stupid, but it's just one of those things.

I have not received any tickets or fines yet but I am anticipating about 50 total, one for the trip to work, one for the trip back. I know, I know, I have no defense and I was just being stupid so please don't beat me up for this because I have already been beating myself up, thank you again.

Has anyone been through a similar situation? Not the breakup but multiple violations on the toll road that might pile up. Is there interest or is there higher fines for the second or third offense? Maybe can I negotiate with the court?

Thanks for not laughing at me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I have been using Dulles toll road and Greenway for over a month and have not paid. What is going to happen to me?
Posted by: Tell it to the Judge ()
Date: June 18, 2016 09:54AM

It depends. Are you hot? Please post nude photos of yourself so that we can provide the best possible advice.

Re: I have been using Dulles toll road and Greenway for over a month and have not paid. What is going to happen to me?
Posted by: Vhphv ()
Date: June 18, 2016 09:59AM

Posted by: I miss my dog ()
Date: June 18, 2016 09:59AM

Thanks for that, hope that is all out of the way now.

Posted by: shads ()
Date: June 18, 2016 11:31AM

Well as Don an Mike used to say: The camera's on the toll road don't function, so u can ride for free.

However, the green way is probably a different story. And I know the 495 HOT lanes will send u a bill.

It could take 30 days or more for them to finally send u a notice, so be patient.

I'd recommend avoiding the greenway, an sneak in the back door to the toll road from route 606. Just follow the cabs as they turn into the airport access road off 606, weave your way around the "Rental car" area and hop on the toll road. Just make sure u get over to the left lane so u can ride the middle lanes where its free.

Posted by: or? ()
Date: June 18, 2016 11:40AM

How about buying your own smartpass? And, the ticket on the access road can be quite high.

Posted by: WXeKm ()
Date: June 18, 2016 05:02PM

you get to work the toll booth a solid week during the summer (the hotter days) without pay as community service

Posted by: Joe from Vienna ()
Date: June 18, 2016 06:24PM

I know someone who got deported because they didn't pay.

Posted by: Grtetchen Fan ()
Date: June 18, 2016 07:25PM

If the smart pass people have your license plate on file, you have nothing to worry about. It will just use your license plate as a smart pass.

Posted by: Wdtmb ()
Date: June 19, 2016 11:50PM

Grtetchen Fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If the smart pass people have your license plate
> on file, you have nothing to worry about. It will
> just use your license plate as a smart pass.

Not true. My license plate was on file linked to my EZPass and I still got a bill from the time I hopped on the express lanes and didn't have the pass with me.

There are also stories out there of people with malfunctioning EZPasses who get billed/fined despite their plates being on file.

Posted by: maybe this will work ()
Date: June 20, 2016 02:36PM

My husband had a loser friend who went through without paying for years and ended up owing somewhere around $5,000. It was similar to your case in that he was depressed, stubborn and maybe a little bit angry, but he just gave up on trying to pay. He is someone I feel sorry for because he has had drug and alcohol issues as long as I have known him.

He went to court and argued that he wasn't served with the paperwork and didn't know about the penalties and I think that took care of the interest and the fines doubling. I think he was also able to negotiate a lower payment on the principal in order to settle the case and not continue to fight. I know he ended up paying something, but I think it was far less than what he was being charged with.

FWIW I would try to get the payments taken care of as quickly as possible and I would not recommend this route. We were surprised that he had any success and thought he would be laughed out of court, but he did get it all reduced, just not sure by how much.

Posted by: Kimmy Jimmel ()
Date: June 20, 2016 02:51PM

Sounds like you need some sex.

Posted by: just saying ()
Date: June 21, 2016 12:26AM

Make up with you boyfriend and stick him with the bill. After he pays it, break up again and get your own pass.

Posted by: KUtHK ()
Date: June 27, 2016 09:51AM

KUtHK

Posted by: Hmmmmm ()
Date: June 27, 2016 04:23PM

You sound nutty as all hell, so you probably fuck like a champ. So that can help you get the guy, but he will quickly stray as time with you outside of the sack increases. Try not to talk as much and maybe get on some meds. Your mouth is for sucking not spewing endless opinions.

Oh, and you are fucked on those tolls.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.