HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Searchable Health Inspections for Restaurants
Posted by: CableDawg ()
Date: March 15, 2005 11:45AM

http://www.healthspace.ca/Clients/VDH/Fairfax/Fairfax_Website.nsf/food-frameset

WARNING: This will probably ruin your experience in your favorite local restaurants :)

My favorite peruvian chicken place, Super Chicken, was shut down because cockroaches were falling out of the ceiling tiles. :(

Not sure why a Canadian company has these on-line, but its a good resource nonetheless.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Searchable Health Inspections for Restaurants
Posted by: Cary ()
Date: March 16, 2005 05:08AM

wow that's really cool! they even have public school cafeterias on there

Posted by: cyalume ()
Date: March 29, 2005 03:18PM

silver diner at the springfield mall had some crucial violations (like 9 in one inspection)

Posted by: dlee ()
Date: March 30, 2005 02:50PM

Man, under their criteria my kitchen would have like 8 billion Critical violations.

That being said, I've waited at a lot of places. The worst was Darryls at Military Circle in Norfolk. That place was like the Pirates of the Carribean of the restaurant world. Every night we had an unofficial contest, see a mouse or a cockroach and get your meal free. The place had good food. But man was it nasty. It has since closed and, hopefully, the ground was razed and salted.

d.lee

Posted by: Eatathome ()
Date: April 01, 2005 12:17PM

I used to work in Fairfax as a Health Inspector. 8 critical violations doesn't scare me. . . the 32 critical violations I wrote this one restaurant up for did! Check the restuarant out before you eat there.

And if you don't know the establishment's history - limit your food to non-protein based meals.

After a couple of years worth of inspections I NEVER eat at asian, indian establishments or places that serve "gyros". That's just the result of my personal experience in the field. Ugh. . .

Posted by: rtcpenguin ()
Date: April 06, 2005 10:58PM

I really don't trust these inspectors. I used to work at Cinema Arts theater (Fair City Mall, across from Woodson HS), and based on the criteria in those pages, their snack bar would have about 200 critical violations. We just stuck our hands in big tubs of popcorn and ate it. The manager told me once not to worry about washing my hands. We never, once cleaned the smoothie making machine.

Posted by: bumper ()
Date: April 05, 2007 12:05PM

Silver Diner seems to be particularly bad at this health inspection game.

Posted by: Derfx ()
Date: August 27, 2016 01:29AM

Thanks for posting this.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.