HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Asian Drivers
Posted by: Nik ()
Date: September 01, 2006 09:37PM

En route to NOVA the other day, I saw what had to be the funniest thing I've seen in my life.

A tow truck for a Korean towing company.

This immediately prompted a question in my mind: Who, inevitably, tows the tow truck?

A few days after, I saw a car from a driving school. The sign on the top had the driving school name in both English and... Korean. I can imagine the interview the instructor had before he was hired: "I onry have three points on my ricense, so I'r make an excerrent driving instructor."

I wish I had a picture.

----------------
WHERE'S THE BEEF

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Asian Drivers
Posted by: xckid62 ()
Date: September 01, 2006 10:52PM

finally they're catching on. Now hopefully all the other asians will hop on the bandwagon and better their driving skills. It's mainly the asian women in their white suzukis u gotta watch out for.

that reminds me of the "Ali's 5-star driving school" ordeal. remember that? Ali died, and his clowns kept the school going illegally. My friends that were enrolled at Ali's said on their driving test day the instructor made them drive to mcdonalds and that's it.

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: September 01, 2006 11:24PM

Is Keith's Driving School still around? I had Keith himself teach me in that Camaro he had, pretty sweet.

Date: September 02, 2006 01:26AM

Yeah, I got my license from Keith's. I had Blaze.

----------------
WHERE'S THE BEEF

Posted by: brianl703 ()
Date: September 02, 2006 02:27AM

I notice that a lot of bad drivers drive Toyotas. Avalons, Camrys, and Corollas[1] in particular.

I also notice that a lot of Asians drive Toyotas.

So do the Asians drive Toyotas because they're Asian, or because they're bad drivers?

Someone help me figure this out, please.

[1]Most recently I had a Corolla driver match speeds with me. That's really annoying. I don't want someone driving next to me when the road is otherwise empty. The light up ahead changed to red so I slowed down. Corolla driver kept going and eventually had to stop at the red. Since it was late at night, I knew the light wouldn't be red for long and in fact it turned green in time for me to blow by the stopped Corolla driver. (His/her reaction time was obviously not really good).

Date: September 02, 2006 02:32AM

Oh, it was a "Corolla S" which as far as I can tell is a regular Corolla with cheesy ground effects and other useless shit that doesn't make it go any faster or handle any better.

It' Called DWO; Asian Drivers
Posted by: Personal Responsibility ()
Date: September 02, 2006 06:19AM

A friend of mine was married to a Korean women. They are so famous for their lack of driving skills that they define it as Driving While Oriental!

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: September 02, 2006 04:31PM

Well, a toyota is an asian made car that supposedly doesn't break every day like a ford. I see Asians in toyotas and suzikis plus the list above. I have seen them swerving between lanes, going slow, frantically looking around b/c they can figure out how to make the mirror work, crashing, driving minivans* and generaly just being bad drivers. SO how can I be racist if they are just bad?

*I propose we amend the term soccer mom from

SOCCER MOM

1. A white female driving a minivan poorly with at least two kids in back, probably more, watching a movie, the female probably talking on a cell phone, generaly making the road less safe for everyone else

2. A white female driving a SUV poorly with at least two kids in back, probably more, watching a movie, the female probably talking on a cell phone, generaly making the road less safe for everyone else

-------

to

SOCCER MOM

1. A white female driving a minivan poorly with at least two kids in back, probably more, probably with sports equipment watching a movie, the female probably talking on a cell phone, generaly making the road less safe for everyone else

2. A white female driving a SUV poorly with at least two kids in back, probably more, probably with sports equipment watching a movie, the female probably talking on a cell phone, generaly making the road less safe for everyone else

3. An Asian female driving a SUV poorly with at least two kids in back, probably more, probably with sports equipment watching a movie, the female probably talking on a cell phone, generaly making the road less safe for everyone else

-------

Date: September 02, 2006 08:16PM

More reliabile? As long as they don't develop the dreaded Toyota Engine Sludge problem, which is probably responsible for the increase in the number of Avalons and Camry I've seen with "visible emissions".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_sludge

Posted by: Price ()
Date: September 03, 2006 09:56AM

Interestingly enough, it seems after toyotas for many Asian women their next car is used Merc S-class or leased beemer. Which doesn't make their driving skills any better though.

Posted by: umad? ()
Date: September 06, 2006 11:32PM

another ignorant moron. good job virginia.

Posted by: trickiL ()
Date: September 06, 2006 11:36PM

Well I know it's a racial stereotype but yes Asians are terrible drivers. I sometimes shop at Super H for sushi, the Asian grocery store in Fairfax. Man it's scary to drive around that shopping center. Those Asian ladies also like to drive the Lexus. They should drive smaller cars like mini coopers because they are short and can't see well. I bet they have higher insurance rates if they are Asian too.

trickie

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: September 06, 2006 11:56PM

I have to say I rarely get the bad asian driver so I don't meld with that stereotype. The worst drivers in the area are latino immigrants, hands down. I am often faced with the question "is that driver drunk in the middle of the day?" when I see the activities of those drivers. The fat white soccer moms are often on par witht he latino immigrants. They think the road belongs to their minivan or SUV and act accordingly, and if you confront them, they use their kids as an out.

Posted by: Tricki ()
Date: September 07, 2006 12:13AM

Okay you just cleared up a huge question I had. I used to wonder why so many Latino men rode bikes all the time. Now I know!!! I bet they lost their license because they kept getting tickets. And they never wear bike helmets either.

Trickie

Date: September 07, 2006 12:20AM

.....if they even had a license to begin with.

Posted by: stinkypoon ()
Date: September 07, 2006 09:46AM

I hate to say it but asian ladies are the WORST drivers. worse than soccer moms. worse than teenagers. worse than drunks. worse than the elderly. worse than helen keller.

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: September 07, 2006 01:27PM

What about a drunken, teenage, asian soccer mom?

Posted by: iceman ()
Date: September 07, 2006 02:15PM

I like to ride asian women. :)

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: September 07, 2006 03:27PM

what about Teenage mutant ninja asian soccer mom's? They are My hero's in a tercell!

Date: September 07, 2006 09:16PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> .....if they even had a license to begin with.

Asian people don't have licenses.

They have ricenses.

----------------
WHERE'S THE BEEF

Date: September 07, 2006 10:13PM

lol @ nik

Date: September 07, 2006 10:26PM

I dont get it.

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: September 07, 2006 11:04PM

I helped this Asian chick out last year by pushing her car out of her parking spot in the snow. Took alot of sign language to show her which way to turn the steering wheel. Finally she got the car in street and she tried to drive up the hill. The hill was slippery but everybody else seemed to drive up the hill but her.

Finally five guys and I were trying to push the car up the hill as the front wheels are spinning all over the place. Finally she gets out(rubber burning smell from the tires) and "says you drive it for me????" I got in the car and pushed on the gas, looked at the dash lights and here the emergency brake was on,pulled full up. LOL LOL I released the brake and the car took off like a shot. The guys pushing it almost fell flap on their face.

The guys who were pushing asked "What did you do?" I told them and we laughed our ass for about ten minutes.

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: September 08, 2006 10:32AM

Jester Wrote:
>
> Finally five guys and I were trying to push the
> car up the hill as the front wheels are spinning
> all over the place. Finally she gets out(rubber
> burning smell from the tires) and "says you drive
> it for me????" I got in the car and pushed on the
> gas, looked at the dash lights and here the
> emergency brake was on,pulled full up. LOL LOL I
> released the brake and the car took off like a
> shot. The guys pushing it almost fell flap on
> their face.

Hehe, I did something like that when I was 16 and learning to drive. I think it was the second "driving lesson" with my mom... we were driving around a school parking lot and stopped to talk (about the timing of releasing the clutch vs moving from brake to gas because I had stalled the car). While we stopped my mom pulled up the parking break and we both forgot about it. I couldn't understand why it was suddenly so much harder to drive. It definitely did some damage to the breaks.

Honestly, I can't say that I find many of the stereotypes to be accurate. I live near a portion of Clifton/Centreville that has a lot of Korean businesses. I've never noticed any problems with the driving. In fact, most of the people speeding on the residential streets (which a lot of people walk/bike along) are not Asian, they are white. But I also believe that most agressive drivers are white (non-hispanic) males. Do I have any proof? No. Do I believe that preconceived notions (stereotypes) could influece my perception? Sadly, yes.

Posted by: Killa Chinchilla from Manila ()
Date: September 08, 2006 11:07AM

I'm so ronery. Me drive faster than speeding cow! Asia driver moo so fast to the speed of patty. No?

Posted by: Killa Chinchilla from Manila ()
Date: September 08, 2006 11:08AM

KRS-One be droppin' some knowledge!

Posted by: maverick ()
Date: September 08, 2006 11:20AM

That's true, males 16-25 do drive fast and take a lot of chances, but they can also read road signs.

I'm guessing that you can take the driver license test in Korean these days... you can certainly take it in every other language! What a croc!

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: September 08, 2006 08:46PM

Nik Wrote:
> RESton Peace Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> > .....if they even had a license to begin with.
>
> Asian people don't have licenses.
>
> They have ricenses.

lol!

KeepOnTruckin Wrote:
> I dont get it.

in japanese (and chinese?) they dont have both 'l' and 'r' sounds. so when they learn english, somehow they manage to get the 'l' and 'r' sounds backwards. the japanese all learn english (somewhat) so i guess a lot of them get it wrong in groups. in saying the two letters, they are very similar in tounge position and everything. i believe it was one of the leathal weapon movies where they were talking to some asian guy and they always made fun of him saying "flied lice" as opposed to "fried rice".

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: hahaha ()
Date: September 10, 2006 12:29AM

Why do latinos call white people "gringo"?

Because they keep hearing "Green! GO! GREEN! GO!!!" from the white guy behind them when they sit there after the light changes!

Posted by: Firrat ()
Date: September 10, 2006 02:01PM

Uhm....I think i am the worste driver ;)

Look out for me....you will shit your pants if i blow past you wondering how i didnt hit you...

I dont Suck at driving i just .......Meh

Posted by: stinkypoon ()
Date: September 10, 2006 07:49PM

driving fast does not make you a bad driver. not paying attention DOES,

Date: September 11, 2006 08:47PM

Word....

I agree to that

Just needed it said :)

Posted by: uhhcya ()
Date: September 13, 2006 10:07AM

im not racist, but i heard this mean joke about asian drivers and that is the reason asian drivers are so bad at driving was because they see everything in wide screen ;)

Date: September 14, 2006 09:05AM

LMAO! @ Missy ahahahha

Posted by: uhhcya ()
Date: September 14, 2006 09:22AM

lol. yeah - u should give her the link to this thread, she would thouroughly enjoy it

Date: September 14, 2006 03:20PM

uhhcya Wrote:
> im not racist, but i heard this mean joke about
> asian drivers and that is the reason asian drivers
> are so bad at driving was because they see
> everything in wide screen ;)

You're talking about the way their eyes look?

Posted by: mariokart ()
Date: September 16, 2006 10:04AM

at teh school i went to, the asians were f*cking hot, god damn nigga!

Date: September 26, 2006 07:56PM

Fags. Atleast we wipe our asses after we take a shit. Learn to fucken not get dingle berries.

Posted by: dd ()
Date: September 26, 2006 07:57PM

I'm korean.

It makes me sad to see my people discriminated against.

I must rise up and save this nation from racism.

maybe in a couple years...

Posted by: Lasuena ()
Date: September 26, 2006 09:10PM

You know, I think everybody is discriminated against. Everybody needs to just chill. Fairfax could do a lot to improve the traffic at several critical places, like Pickett Road and Little River Turnpike, and the Fairfax Circle. But they just don’t. It’s bad enough just driving, but the roads and eternal lights that aren’t timed sure don’t help. Well ok, one thing aggravates me… when the light turns green, GO! Seems like people take forever pulling away from a light around here, and then it turns red again, sigh....

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: September 26, 2006 10:08PM

Seems like people take forever pulling away from a light around here, and then it turns red again, sigh....

That's my biggest compliant too, Lasuena, thanks.

Alot of folks on this board love to explicitly blame "minorities" for whatever problem they have; it's a matter of convenience, not reality.

Posted by: ludes d00d ()
Date: September 27, 2006 06:44AM

Some of the drivers around here have the reaction time of a slug on quaaludes.

Date: September 27, 2006 01:59PM

What I hate is poeple who piggyback on other drivers going through green lights when they turn yellow and keep coming, then red and still Swarm through the intersection. red means STOP assholes.

Posted by: Lasuena ()
Date: September 27, 2006 09:11PM

I get the feeling that all of nova is in slow motion. Here is another thing we all need to learn: maintain the current speed. People go up the slightest incline and just slow down. I can’t stand that. There needs to be signs on every hill that says “Maintain Speed.” That is so aggravating, slowing down to go up a hill.

Date: September 27, 2006 09:27PM

Asian women cant drive,
Pakistanian peoples house always smells like some herbal spice

So what?

Its the truth and for pointing out what we know isnt racism....But hatred towards a race is racism...get your shit straight

Date: September 28, 2006 03:48PM

Asian women drive just fine. its the people in BMW's that think they own the road.

Posted by: § ()
Date: September 28, 2006 04:23PM

On that note, anyone who decides to ride 2 inches from my bumper like the tool in the late-model BMW this morning when I was already going 80 mph on a one-lane road, will continue to get the slow-granny treatment. More effective than the popular pump-brake treatment, the slow-granny simulates a loss of power by going a minimum of 15 mph under the speed-limit. Satisfaction is achieved by simply looking at the Fast & Furious wannabe in your rear-view, sending a gentle wave, and watching his blood-pressure gradually elevate while you continue like this for 5 miles while not letting him pass. Now that's entertainment. -§

Posted by: tailgaters suck ()
Date: September 28, 2006 06:10PM

Tailgaters? I just upshift and take my foot off the gas.

A look of confusion invariably results as they can't understand why the car in front of them slowed down without any brake lights.

BTW. Most tailgaters are WOMEN. I guess they think that small space is, like their boyfriend's or hubby's dick, bigger than it really is.

Date: September 28, 2006 06:14PM

Pertaining to the above post, the woman continues to wonder why the car is slowing ahead of them as she smashes into it. After doing so, she says o well my husband or lover will pay for it. Meanwhile, the man who actually has money says the car in front of me is slowing...i should place my foot on teh brake so I will not have to shell out 100k for a car that cost 2 dollars. And women wonder why they did not get the right to have a job, work vote, etc for many years...

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: September 28, 2006 07:34PM

KeepOnTruckin- what world are you living in?

Posted by: gookscantdrive ()
Date: September 28, 2006 07:36PM

them ching chonngs got no clue. and when those spic/chents are on their cell phone they are even worse
fuckn foreigners

Posted by: ihaverealized ()
Date: September 28, 2006 07:39PM

rednecks drive identical to chents

Date: September 29, 2006 01:44AM

No really asian women dont drive fine....stop lying to yourself...

Asian people drive fine except the female race.

Posted by: BOOUULLDERRRSSS ()
Date: February 01, 2012 12:56AM

really depends on how asian they are

Posted by: Still Alive Somehow ()
Date: February 01, 2012 01:40AM

I came off Wilson into 7 Corners, in the lefthand lane bound for Route 50.
We're at the stop light.

She came from the opposite direction (Route 7) and turned the wrong way into my lane, with all our cars in all our lanes facing her. She swerved and dodged around each of us, and finally turned left (into a car dealership or the animal hospital or something).

It was clear from her reaction and the way she was driving, that this was no mistake. She was doing it 100% deliberately, and somewhat annoyed that we were in her way. Looked like she'd done it before.

If the light had been green, there would be about 20 dead people now.

Posted by: Ding an sich ()
Date: February 01, 2012 01:48AM

Posted by: unreals ()
Date: February 01, 2012 02:48AM

First off, if you're being tailgated, it's almost always because you're going too slow. Period. The speed limits in this area are purposefully set too low in order to keep up the traffic ticket revenue. When you couple that with a huge number of drivers who can't even keep up that woefully anemic speed, then you are going to get some frustrated tailgaters. We're the ones who know how to drive competently.

Regarding the ass who bragged earlier about "making his day" by slowing down to 15 mph under the speed limit (which is, of course, a traffic offense, but good luck ever finding a pig who will look for that)- who's the troublemaker here? The nasty tailgater who may be trying to get to his crappy job on time, or perhaps get his kid to school, maybe a doctor's appointment, or a kid's ballgame, whatever? Or the fool with a selfish, inconsiderable perspective like you, reveling in the misery of others? We're all under great stress these days trying to get places on time, and jerks like this simply compound the problem.

Ask yourself what kind of human being sets out into traffic with the express purpose of holding others up by going too slow. Who gets joy out of raising someone else's blood pressure? Hey, maybe one day you'll get the ultimate thrill and upset someone so much they'll die of a heart attack. You will, of course, be responsible, but as an asshole without a conscience or any remote consideration of others, you'll be able to convince yourself that it was all HIS fault, and continue along harrassing others.

Slow, distracted driving is the problem, not "speeding" or tailgaters. Real aggressive driving is on the part of those who purposefully go too slow in order to delay others and enjoy the experience, often becoming confrontational when honked or yelled at for their moronic driving. And yes, it's obvious that most Asians can't drive.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: February 01, 2012 07:53AM

suckers
Attachments:
Screen Shot 2012-01-31 at 8.56.33 PM.png

Posted by: annonymous ()
Date: February 01, 2012 08:28AM

I have an Asian girlfriend and, Yes, she cannot drive. She doesn't weave in and out of lanes or drive through stop signs, she just drives 10 miles slower than what the speed limit is.

BUT LET ME TELL YOU THIS, SHE KNOWS HOW TO DRIVE MY STICK IN BED!!!! 5'0" AND 100 POUNDS!!!! TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT!!! i LUBE HER REAR END REALLY GOOD!!! THIS IS NOT LIE EITHER!!!

Still would not let her drive if I'm in the car with her though.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: February 01, 2012 08:35AM

annonymous Wrote:
> I have an Asian girlfriend and, Yes, she cannot
> drive. She doesn't weave in and out of lanes or
> drive through stop signs, she just drives 10 miles
> slower than what the speed limit is.
>
> BUT LET ME TELL YOU THIS, SHE KNOWS HOW TO DRIVE
> MY STICK IN BED!!!! 5'0" AND 100 POUNDS!!!! TIGHT
> TIGHT TIGHT!!! i LUBE HER REAR END REALLY GOOD!!!
> THIS IS NOT LIE EITHER!!!
>
> Still would not let her drive if I'm in the car
> with her though.

She had a lot of practice before coming to the States. And 5' 100 lbs? What a fatty.

Posted by: Hang the Fuck Up ()
Date: February 01, 2012 12:44PM

Lasuena Wrote:
> Seems like people take forever pulling away from a light around here,

They're all on their cell phones.

Also why they drive 10-15 under the speed limit.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: February 02, 2012 07:54AM

Hey! You try driving with slits for eyes.

Posted by: gottobeme ()
Date: February 02, 2012 08:58AM

It's a racist derogatory term, "white boy"

Posted by: BigK ()
Date: February 02, 2012 09:17AM

BEH Wrote:
> Hey! You try driving with slits for eyes.

Hell, you can blindfold them with dentalfloss. No wonder they can't drive.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.