HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Re: Hurricane Ernesto
Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: September 01, 2006 03:04PM

Yeah I was gona say somthing about this but you beat me to it. Looks like we could get like 6 inches of rain or so. Less than back in June, but will be cool to see if it floods agian. I don;t think we're gonna get wind with this though.
At least not like Isabel in 2004. That knocked out power I think. Of course at that time they were still building Deepwood Farm and they had a huge generator to power the sales office. So a couple of extension cords and the court was in buisness.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: xckid62 ()
Date: September 01, 2006 10:59PM

hah so much for the storm without wind. ironically, as i was replying to this thread, the power flickers and my computer had to reboot. the power came back on an hour ago, and it had been out for a few hours. I live in west springfield and the whole area here has been out. iono about northern parts of the county.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: September 01, 2006 11:31PM

iono about northern parts of the county.

I saw a few trees down around Tysons Corner and my friends across Rt 7 didn't have power around 4-6PM. Mine went off for about 5 minutes around 10 tonite. This storm was nothing compared to Isabel in 03.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: September 02, 2006 03:50PM

My power stayed on all the time. I have Novec, and even though the people across the street (who have Dominion VA) power goes out, mine stays on. Knocked over a dead tree in my neigbors yard but other and a small tree by LRR but nothing else for me. Plus I have a UPS so no computer reboots. LRR stream was about 2-3 feet above normal though. COuld not cross it like usual.

Posted by: Price ()
Date: September 03, 2006 09:57AM

I have UPS for my PC too and looking for smthg similar for my TV equip. - even a momentarily power outage make my HD DVR to reboot, which takes quite a some time.

Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: September 05, 2006 11:01AM

damn, even hurricanes get to be mexican now.

This just in hurricane Pedro is forming over the city of herndon!!!

Posted by: Up on the roof ()
Date: November 24, 2018 12:48PM

I just discovered additional damage from this storm

Posted by: Should have called Meade ()
Date: November 24, 2018 01:42PM

Up on the roof Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just discovered additional damage from this
> storm

Next time make sure you contact Meade so that he can rebuke the storm away from your property.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.