HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Need a good criminal lawyer for fairfax
Posted by: The Guy ()
Date: May 26, 2016 10:10AM

I need a recommendation on a good lawyer that gets charges dismissed and not a plea bargain! I need this like yesterday!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need a good criminal lawyer for fairfax
Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: May 26, 2016 10:42AM

The Guy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I need a recommendation on a good lawyer that gets
> charges dismissed and not a plea bargain! I need
> this like yesterday!

Go with these guys.

http://greenspunlaw.com

They always represent the high profile cases (dc sniper, etc).

Posted by: Offending Offender ()
Date: May 26, 2016 10:48AM

Got caught sucking dick at the I-66 Rest Area again?

Posted by: The Guy ()
Date: May 26, 2016 10:53AM

Thanks Man!

Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: May 26, 2016 11:02AM

The Guy Wrote:
> Thanks Man!

A lot of it depends on what type of criminal law you broke. White collar vs blue collar crime? Felony? Misdamenor? Traffic? Espianoge, assualt, battery, extorhtion, money laundering, etc.

You dont want to go for the best lawyers for lower crimes. It implies guilt.

I have no legal expierance or legal education.

I have watched a lot of Law & Order. I could probably do a great job at being a para-legal or court-room schetch artist.

kPCmkc.gif

Posted by: Legal Warning ()
Date: May 26, 2016 03:48PM

There are a handful of excellent criminal lawyers in this area, and Peter Greenspun is among them. The best criminal lawyer isn't likely to be able to get criminal charges dismissed if there is strong evidence of a clear violation of the law, and if the commonwealth attorney is determined to prosecute.

Further while it may sound good now to have an attorney eager to fight for you even though you only have a 10% chance of winning, things may look different when the guilty verdict is handed down and you are being sentenced to 10 years in the state pen for something the attorney could have bargained down to 6 months in the local jail.

Posted by: Hang in there ()
Date: May 26, 2016 04:04PM

If you came to this forum for legal advise I suggest you get a short length of rope, and drive up to the Shenandoah National Park.

Find a nice tall tree - Carefully climb up about 15 feet. After you position yourself, tie the rope to the trunk of the tree, and tie the other end of the rope around your neck. Fashion a noose if you have the ability.

Once the rope is snuggly secured in a position around your neck - Slightly below the "Adams Apple", there is just one thing left to do.

Jump.

Have a great holiday weekend.

Posted by: Law Partner ()
Date: May 28, 2016 12:40AM

I am a partner in a big law firm in DC. Trust me, use David Dischley. He is a miracle worker. A former Marine, he is great with police officers -- knows how to work with them, as well as DAs, to get results.

Call him, you will thank me.

https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/22314-va-david-dischley-1824668.html

INFO on lawyers in FFX and the criminal law process in FFX County (LONG)
Posted by: FFX_ADC_Alum 2014 ()
Date: May 29, 2016 03:18AM

I got into some trouble in 2014 (criminal, 1st time offender) and called and consulted with practically every criminal lawyer eligible to practice in FFX.

Here is some info:

If your case is criminal it will go through he lower court (district) then get remanded to the higher court,(circuit), which it will, as the lower court is just basically a formality. Unless it is something ridiculous where you are clearly not guilty like a stolen identity it will never be dismissed at the district level.

FFX County lawyers will quote you two fees, if they are honest. They will quote you the cost of the district court process then the circuit court process. The dishonest ones will quote you only the district court process, knowing that it will go to circuit, but it makes their fee sound like half of the others. Once you are on board and have been working with them and they are "your lawyer", and it goes to circuit, they know you will stay with them because who wants to change lawyers in the middle of the process? And t is a looooong process. My little criminal case took over a year to work its way though the court.

That said, all the "Top Washington Criminal Lawyers," such as Greenspun may indeed be good, but they cost a LOT of money. You can find similar representation at half the cost if you look. AVVO has lists of FFX County lawyers and ratings from real clients.

For my small time criminal case, Greenspun wanted 15k for district court and 15k for circuit. Mind you, district court process could be done by a first year law student with a blindfold and a hand tied behind their back as it is just a lot of basic paperwork, crossing the T's and dotting the I's to ensure the casework id "clean" and without errors before being "sent upstairs." And I can assure you, Greenspun himself likely never touches a piece of paper on your case except to review at the district level. So you are paying 15k to have a Greenspun law clerk or recent law grad assistant (top grads to work for Greenspun, but still...) file
briefs or paperwork or draft the legal docs on your case, etc. So, unless you ARE the DC Sniper, Greenspun will not actually be working on your case until later, if at all. When you get to that level, you just have to show up in court on sentencing day and read a prepared argument based on the case history and notes.

Another good one is Mark Deceio. (sp?) A lot of people say he is a miracle worker at getting people off. Others say yes, that is true, but he is kind of "smarmy and how he works miracles is by greasing the right people. That greasing money comes from YOU. So, even though his quote to me was 10k/10k, I believe that IF he was able to grease anyone in my case (which sometimes you can, sometimes you can't) it would still be likely costing me as much as getting Greenspun.

There is this excellent Jewish guy in his late 50's right off the Y in the road that runs by the courthouse and jail. Can't remember his name but he has a big presence in the area, does not work with clients who want to work with the police (narcs) and has a big website against law enforcement. He's on AVVO.

John Boneta is pretty good and his assistant Andrew is top notch. Boneta used to be a cop, then a FFX County prosecutor so he knows the ropes. Hes also a nice guy and returns calls (very rare.)

The lawyer I could afford on my baggage handler job at Dulles could not do much for my case. I got 16 months in FFX ADC & 10 years probation with weekly color code drug testing for an entire year for driving a guy I met in a bar to a party where he sold some drugs to a CI. I never even went into the party, (was in the yard with others)and I did know he sold a gram of coke to a CI. I also don't do drugs myself. However, because I took $50 to drive him out to FFX County from Georgetown to go to a party" in Virginia "if you profit in any way from the sale of narcotics, you are equally culpable as who sold the narcotic." I spent 16 months in jail with criminals, being treated like a criminal myself and came out with a felony record for distribution. I lost my housing and job when I went to jail (had been with United for 10 years) and my apartment. Now, I cannot find a job or housing anywhere since they all do background checks and I have a felony record for distribution, despite never having even touched anything stronger than alcohol.

The War Against Drugs in America is F***ed up people!

Posted by: Alexander Smith ()
Date: May 29, 2016 07:18AM

^^^ The only real advice so far.

Posted by: Describe Your Case ()
Date: May 29, 2016 02:28PM

Depends on your charges.

If you are felony 1 or 2, you need a lawyer now, and get the fuck off the internet. That is, if you made bail.

Felony 3 or lower, and all misdemeanors, go to the arraignment and preliminary hearings yourself. No cost, no risk.

Anything where you were released on "personal recognizance," no lawyer needed. The courts have already said they have little time for you. Find the Commonwealth's attorney and get a plea offer. Even on a second offense the offer is often "be good for a year and we will not prosecute."

Posted by: In FX, GUILTY IS WHAT GUILTY ()
Date: May 29, 2016 04:51PM

The Guy Wrote:
> I need a recommendation on a good lawyer that gets
> charges dismissed and not a plea bargain! I need
> this like yesterday!

Does. -

hey - 'the Guy'
If you are guilty in Fairfax, of the crime, u can spend all the big money u please on a top notch expensive attorney and you will still 'go down for the charge'!
You might weasel your guilty ass out of a long jail term, but you will suffer the charge on your record. For life. And it will effect your employment 'rights' for life, as well.
You know, all those invisible prison bars that you can not and did not 'see' when u were dumb ass enough to commit the crime and got ur dumb ass caught.
And, for posting such an even dumber plea on this website for help with it, u should really get off those drugs your doing that are obviously not helping your state of agility any!
And watch out for 'Big Bubba' in jail.
He will tear ur ass up! One way or the other!

Posted by: Dreo ()
Date: May 31, 2016 10:28AM

Aren't all lawyers criminals?

Posted by: Mamon ()
Date: November 25, 2020 09:22PM

>Aren't all lawyers criminals?

No, not all. Only a part. There are many fields and it's difficult for one person to be an expert in all of them

Posted by: Dickus Maximus ()
Date: November 25, 2020 10:07PM

You should call these Criminal Lawyers. They helped me a couple of times and that's why I advise you to try their services. They also offer free consultations so you won't lose anything before you talk and discuss questions you are interested in.

Posted by: NYYVG ()
Date: November 27, 2020 01:49AM

Posted by: DVVBP ()
Date: November 30, 2020 10:26AM

Posted by: PUGMP ()
Date: November 30, 2020 09:42PM

Posted by: Heraldd ()
Date: December 16, 2020 09:35AM

I think it depends on what the charge is too. Personally I had a posiive experience with https://crimlawcanada.com/

Posted by: David Trinnes recommendation ()
Date: December 16, 2020 03:59PM

David Trinnes is your man. He has some novel payment options as well. He won't charge if you allow him to suck your dick.
Attachments:
david matthew trinnes gay attorney.jpg
david trinnes attorney jordan coyne law firm va.jpg
david trinnes attorney lawyer leiser law firm.jpg

Posted by: 16 months?!?!? ()
Date: December 18, 2020 09:38PM

16 months is a long time! I woulda skipped town

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.