HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Foxes,Foxes, Foxes
Posted by: Jimi Hendrix ()
Date: May 25, 2016 07:57AM

I live in residential Centreville. I have 4 baby and 1 adult fox living under my shed. My yard is gated and I have 2 small kids.

I call animal control and they said they don't remove foxes. They said if I try to kill the animals I am in trouble. I gotta get rid of em! If one bites my kid I have an even worse problem. Need ideas quickly. Lastly, I don't want a stinking dead animal under the shed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Foxes,Foxes, Foxes
Posted by: Get traps ()
Date: May 25, 2016 08:05AM

Get traps - relocate.

Posted by: Word to the wise ()
Date: May 25, 2016 08:26AM

Pay a professional to remove them.

www.animalremovalnorthernva.com

www.vaanimalcontrol.com

www.animalcontrolsolutions.com

Posted by: LeaveEmBe ()
Date: May 25, 2016 08:33AM

Sounds like a pretty good opportunity to show your kids nature and a family of foxes.

Posted by: Rookie Mistake ()
Date: May 25, 2016 08:53AM

Your first mistake was contacting anyone in the govt bureaucracy, foolishly thinking that theit job is to serve taxpayers. Quite the opposite, they see their job as dictating control over every detail of your life.

Posted by: Teabagger tony ()
Date: May 25, 2016 09:00AM

Rookie Mistake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Your first mistake was contacting anyone in the
> govt bureaucracy, foolishly thinking that theit
> job is to serve taxpayers. Quite the opposite,
> they see their job as dictating control over every
> detail of your life.

Yeah! The government sucks! Fuck the man, Man!

Posted by: trump ()
Date: May 25, 2016 09:03AM

Try pissing all around the shed - mark your territory

Posted by: Rapid Bureaucrat ()
Date: May 25, 2016 09:05AM

Rat poison wrapped in peanut butter and bacon. Mommy will eat it and die. Babies die without mommy. Tell no one.

Posted by: take off the tinfoil hat ()
Date: May 25, 2016 09:10AM

Rookie Mistake Wrote:
> Your first mistake was contacting anyone in the
> govt bureaucracy, foolishly thinking that theit
> job is to serve taxpayers. Quite the opposite,
> they see their job as dictating control over every
> detail of your life.

Clearly their attempts to make you seem intelligent were unsuccessful.

Posted by: accidents happen ()
Date: May 25, 2016 10:37AM

Change the antifreeze in your car. "Accidentally" leave the bucket of old antifreeze in your back yard near the shed.

Posted by: Ranger Rick ()
Date: May 25, 2016 10:41AM

I'd love to have foxes in my back yard. If it was me I'd feed them, but I don't have small kids. The people suggesting you kill them are dicks and most likely Trump supporters. Paying a professional to move them really is the best way if you can't live with them.

Posted by: Trapper John ()
Date: May 25, 2016 11:26AM

Wait until late fall when the fur is prime to trap them. Fox pelts only brought
$10-15 on average last year so the markets aren't very good. I'd say wait until
next year to see if the market improves. Coyote otoh brought $30-80 each so you
can make more money going after them.

Posted by: ask4specifics ()
Date: May 25, 2016 12:26PM

Did you ask what law specifically states that you can't kill them? What type of violation is it? Sounds crazy to me.

A fox on YOUR property is YOUR issue because it can bite YOUR family--especially a fox with babies.

If you have the money I'd hire a professional to relocate them, if not I'd kill them before I'd take a chance that the mother would bite one of my kids and have my kids go through the painful process of rabies shots.

Just my .02

Posted by: Official FFU FIFYer ()
Date: May 25, 2016 12:49PM

Ranger Rick Wrote:
> I'm a faggot

FIFY

Date: May 25, 2016 01:02PM

Official FFU FIFYer Wrote:

> I'm a faggot

We know.
Attachments:
trump_dance.gif

Posted by: Colonel Howdy ()
Date: May 25, 2016 01:05PM

Cut off their heads and put them on a stake to warn others to stay away. It works with liberals. It might work with foxes.

Posted by: DUHHHH ()
Date: May 25, 2016 01:07PM

Colonel Howdy Wrote:
> Cut off their heads and put them on a stake to
> warn others to stay away. It works with liberals.
> It might work with foxes.

how many liberals have you beheaded? Zero? Yeah I thought so. You republicans are such pussies. All talk and no action.
Attachments:
12227812_1222165404477139_1246661125318044572_n.jpg

Posted by: computernerd ()
Date: May 25, 2016 01:07PM

If you spent more time playing with your kids in the backyard the foxes wouldn't have made a home there. Once a fox sees you they dart away.

Posted by: Danny Boy ()
Date: May 25, 2016 01:08PM

Ranger Rick Wrote:
> I'd love to have foxes in my back yard. If it was
> me I'd feed them, but I don't have small kids.
> The people suggesting you kill them are dicks and
> most likely Trump supporters. Paying a
> professional to move them really is the best way
> if you can't live with them.

You're Ranger Dick. No one should feed wildlife and turn them into pathetic liberal beggars. Animals that get used to being fed are usually the ones that must be eradicated thanks to dumbasses like you.

Posted by: Official FFU FIFYer ()
Date: May 25, 2016 02:00PM

Ranger Rick Wrote:
> Official FFU FIFYer Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > I'm a faggot
>
>
> We know.

OK. Glad you admit it. Next time, just post that instead of the bullshit faggot shit that I have to fix for you.

Yours,

The Official FFU FIFYer

Posted by: fre ()
Date: May 25, 2016 02:50PM

We had a fox den for a couple of years at the edge of our yard under an old stump. My kids enjoyed watching the baby foxes grow up and play in the backyard. Every year one or two of the babies disappeared before they grew up. i wish we still had them

Posted by: Disgruntled ()
Date: May 25, 2016 04:04PM

And how would you kill them? Can't shoot them in FFX Co unless your neighbors and the street are certain distance away. I think 500 feet. If you poison them, well that is a painful death and what if fluffy eats the bait before the fox? Just because it is YOUR property doesn't mean YOU have total autonomy to do whatever you want.

Fox are not protected in Virginia, and animal control won't come unless it seems rabid. Trust me, my neighbor bitched for months when they first showed up in my neighborhood. They still don't bother anyone, even the cat - although I've seen my cat chase one on several occasions.

Honestly, once they are out of the den you can close it off and they will find another home. Chill dude.

Posted by: stop being a pussy ()
Date: May 25, 2016 04:12PM

OP stop being such a fucking wimp. It's a fox not a tiger. It's not going to bite you or your pasty ass kid.

Posted by: FoxyTheFinder ()
Date: May 25, 2016 05:42PM

Foxes sometimes carry RABIES. Be a real genius and treat them like sweet little puppies.

Check out the numbers for Fairfax.

http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/epidemiology/DEE/Rabies/documents/pdf/2015healthspace.pdf

Posted by: The Real Fairfax Conservative ()
Date: May 25, 2016 06:15PM

Live and let live.

It's not that difficult.

These foxes are not parties to your "contract" that you signed to "own" the land.

Mind you, I own a decent sized lot near Reston. As for all other humans, I will defend my plot.

But as to all the animals, I consider them invitees. They are always invited. I have deer, foxes, opossums, raccoons, woodpeckers, owls, hawks, eagles, turtles, tortoises, frogs, etc.. I am privileged to have them in my yard.

Teach your children well.

Posted by: Animal abusers die in hell ()
Date: May 25, 2016 06:32PM

Rapid Bureaucrat Wrote:
> Rat poison wrapped in peanut butter and bacon.
> Mommy will eat it and die. Babies die without
> mommy. Tell no one.

So help me god if I ever find out the identity of someone who does this I will rip their intestines out with my bare hands. Animal abusers do not deserve to live and I would not care about going to prison if it meant I could eradicate one of them from the planet.

Posted by: FreeShippingBack ()
Date: May 25, 2016 07:54PM

FoxyTheFinder has it right. The foxes aren't going to bother you or your children, unless they become rabid.

Just let them do their fox thing and casually observe and enjoy them. If you notice any abnormal behavior i.e. staggering around, dragging hind quarters, eyes crusted over, directly approaching you or any of your family, then you should contact animal control and they will come and remove the animals under those circumstances.

The most important thing is to not feed them so that they lose their natural fear of humans. Don't put out poison under any circumstances because any wild or domestic animal will come along and eat the poison including your neighbor's dog or possibly even a child. Putting out poison is the same as planting a land mine. You have no control over who is going to come along afterwards and step on it.

As a land owner you have the legal right to remove any nuisance species from your property if you deem it fit to do so. But don't get paranoid or go postal right off the bat. Odds are you aren't going to have any issues. The juveniles will grow to adulthood and move on to find their own territory.

As far as the threatening asshole claiming he's going to rip the intestines out of any one who puts the welfare of their own children over that of animal.....well he's just that an asshole.

Posted by: Jack Hanna ()
Date: May 26, 2016 09:31AM

First off, if you posted this, this you do have the internet, right? So like you could look up facts on this internet instead of querying this lot? Regardless, you should do nothing.

They are about the most shy creatures ever created and want nothing to do with you. They are partly scavengers and really just hunt small mammals (rodents!) and snakes/frogs. The biggest animal they will go after is a squirrel and those things are a nuisance. I suppose there is the possibility that one might go after an injured poodle puppy tied to a tree but even then so, probably only after their mother stopped bringing them food because she was killed by an ignorant Centervillian, and they had to live off eating their starving siblings. Even then so, they are much smaller than they look b/c of all the fur and not designed to do much damage.

Unoccupied fox dens are perfect homes for raccoons and you would much prefer to have a fox under your shed. Raccoons do nothing for the small rodent populations, get into trash and are also shy but far less shy and more inquisitive than a fox. Seriously, you have nothing to worry about unless like other posters say, it becomes rabid. However, most rabid foxes don't seek out company. Rabid raccoons are a bigger danger.

Foxes on your property > Nothing on your property > Raccoons on your property > An actual coyote on your property

Posted by: Know your role ()
Date: May 26, 2016 09:37AM

The creatures lived on this land long before you pathetic wimpish humans did, and they will still be here long after you cringing little pansy-asses are gone. Show some respect for your betters.

Posted by: Dr. Doolittle ()
Date: May 26, 2016 09:39AM

I welcome our neighborhood foxes. They do keep the mice, squirrel, frog, and snake populations in balance. That said, I wouldn't want any animal digging under a shed or other structure. Just poison it and irritate the violent nutcase who posted earlier.

Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: May 26, 2016 11:11AM

Jimi Hendrix Wrote:
> I live in residential Centreville. I have 4 baby
> and 1 adult fox living under my shed. My yard is
> gated and I have 2 small kids.
>
> I call animal control and they said they don't
> remove foxes. They said if I try to kill the
> animals I am in trouble. I gotta get rid of em! If
> one bites my kid I have an even worse problem.
> Need ideas quickly. Lastly, I don't want a
> stinking dead animal under the shed.

Did you try asking the foxes to leave? Legally speaking, you have to give them a 30 day eviction notice in writing!

This video explains the process

tumblr_inline_o4ix23wq6A1u0413n_500.gif4ts5D7G.gif

Posted by: foxobserver ()
Date: May 26, 2016 11:19AM

To OP. You don't need to do a thing. The chances that a fox will "bite" you or your kids is practically zero. You have a better chance of being stung by a bee or bitten by a spider. I know a number of folks - including in Centreville - that have had fox dens in the perimeter of their property with no cause for concern.

Posted by: Mother Nature ()
Date: May 26, 2016 09:27PM

Know your role Wrote:
> The creatures lived on this land long before you
> pathetic wimpish humans did, and they will still
> be here long after you cringing little pansy-asses
> are gone. Show some respect for your betters.

Wrong, shit-for-brains moron! There are more wildlife here now than ever in history, thanks to a lack of predators and hunting. In fact, many of these animals are here now BECAUSE of humans. They are well adapted to suburban ecosystems that offer them far more plentiful food sources than they've ever had before.

Posted by: Spotsyltuckyman ()
Date: May 26, 2016 09:57PM

I live in rural Spotsylvania County and love coming on here to see the panzy ass city liberals crying "OMG there are foxes in my yard". Grow balls!!!

Date: May 26, 2016 09:57PM

Mother Nature Wrote:
> Know your role Wrote:
> -----
> > The creatures lived on this land long before
> you
> > pathetic wimpish humans did, and they will
> still
> > be here long after you cringing little
> pansy-asses
> > are gone. Show some respect for your betters.
>
> Wrong, shit-for-brains moron! There are more
> wildlife here now than ever in history, thanks to
> a lack of predators and hunting. In fact, many of
> these animals are here now BECAUSE of humans. They
> are well adapted to suburban ecosystems that offer
> them far more plentiful food sources than they've
> ever had before.

Correct answer. "Know your role" should start by doing some fact checking before posting. Start with coyotes in NoVa.

Posted by: Unit 8 ()
Date: May 28, 2016 11:17AM

POISON POISON POISON

Dumb nigger.

Date: May 28, 2016 11:38AM

Mother Nature Wrote:
> Wrong, shit-for-brains moron! There are more
> wildlife here now than ever in history, thanks to
> a lack of predators and hunting.

Foxes are native predators, you simpleton human dumbfuck. They've lived on these lands for untold generations. You are camping out on their turf. Show some respect for your hosts, douchebag.

> In fact, many of these animals are here now BECAUSE of
> humans. They are well adapted to suburban ecosystems
> that offer them far more plentiful food sources than
> they've ever had before.

You and the actual humans of these parts are the invaders in this scenario. You in particular are not any sort of superior being at all. You are an ignorant self-serving interloper who contributes little more than a Zika virus would to anybody's ecosystem.

Date: May 28, 2016 12:04PM

Cucks for Clinton Wrote:
> Correct answer. "Know your role" should start by d+oing some
> fact checking before posting. Start with coyotes in NoVa.

Foxes are not coyotes, you pathetic dickless piece of crap. But since you were fucking stupid enough to bring them up, the coyotes that are established in NoVa today are eastern coyotes, and they have been in these particular parts since roughly the 1950s. They arrived here by slowly migrating down the Appalachians from Canada in the first half of the last century. Originally, they were all western coyotes, but they expanded their range out of the southwest into the plains and midwest, then spread eastward along the northern shores of the Great Lakes, breeding along the way with remnants of Canada's local wolf populations, which is what created the separate sub-species. Dumbshit humans like you had meanwhile eradicated wolves in these parts which is what opened the door to these new and opportunistic coyotes.

While it has nothing to do with either foxes or coyotes, you do indeed have a role here >>> stop being such an impotent dumbfuck and start "larning yerself" a little bit of at least something. Get busy with that, asswipe. It's going to be one tall order!

Posted by: EM6X9 ()
Date: May 28, 2016 11:03PM

now that centreville is mostly communist liberals

should fairfax county force landlords to install security cameras inside all leased homes (incl. gov. provided semi-leases) for "the occupants safety" ?

Date: May 29, 2016 04:21AM

Danny Boy Wrote:
> Ranger Rick Wrote:
> -----
> > I'd love to have foxes in my back yard. If it
> was
> > me I'd feed them, but I don't have small kids.
> > The people suggesting you kill them are dicks
> and
> > most likely Trump supporters. Paying a
> > professional to move them really is the best
> way
> > if you can't live with them.
>
> You're Ranger Dick. No one should feed wildlife
> and turn them into pathetic liberal beggars.
> Animals that get used to being fed are usually the
> ones that must be eradicated thanks to dumbasses
> like you.

I fed your mom.......my fat raccoon cock, then I bit her and gave her the rabies.

Date: May 29, 2016 07:21AM

Sorry, damn typos! What I tried to write was that I enjoy having anal sex with the raccoon that I've been feeding. He finally came close enough for me to grab him. I'm sure he enjoyed it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.