HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Affordable apartments in Fairfax County (or Prince William!)
Posted by: tryingtolive ()
Date: May 24, 2016 01:42PM

So I am attempting to downgrade from my "luxury" apartment to a cheaper one due to the loss of my job (I did get another it just doesn't pay as much)- and every single apartment I have visited in my price range ($1000-1200 for a studio or 1 bedroom)- overrun with hispanics living 10 to a 2 bedroom!!!

Is there any hope for me???

I feel like I am being discriminated against too- the hispanic leasing agents say there are "none available" even though their websites say they are!!!

ESPECIALLY in woodbridge, I had FOUR DIFFERENT Communities tell me NO and I could not even submit an application- yet I had a hispanic friend of mine call in, asking in spanish, and the agent was super happy to let him apply, said "come on in just bring your paystubs I will work with you to make sure you get in!"! WTF!!!

So Pablo and his 10 friends can live in a 2 bedroom- no problem. I have a solid income, flawless credit, and no criminal record, and can't even get a shitty studio in the "hood"?

WTF???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Affordable apartments in Fairfax County (or Prince William!)
Posted by: obvious troll is too obvious ()
Date: May 24, 2016 01:52PM

troll post

Posted by: VL39Y ()
Date: May 24, 2016 02:04PM

tryingtolive Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is there any hope for me???

No.

Posted by: bm7Fb ()
Date: May 24, 2016 02:12PM

Calling bullshit on this.

Posted by: vuevW ()
Date: May 24, 2016 02:26PM

From your OP sounds like nobody would want you as a neighbor. Don't let the door hit you in the ass when you leave FFX county.

Posted by: xactololo ()
Date: May 24, 2016 10:45PM

Check out the house-sharing/rooms for rent for the area you want to live in on Craig's list.
Also www.roommates.com. I have been doing this for years. The rent is usually 1/2 of an apartment rent and many of the places are nice with decent other roommates if you check them out properly. I gave up on NOVA apartment living back in 1994--
never looked back.

Just learn to read between the lines: If they advertise that you cannot cook in their kitchen, use their washing machine or use their bathrooms. it will be a Muslim family that is advertising. Unless you are Muslim, stay away. If it says "Si habla Espanole" it means they would prefer fellow Hispanics. It probably will be crowded like the apartments you have already tried to rent.

The best ones want professional level people with a degree, good credit, and no court record. If you qualify you will find one suitable for you but you may have to troll around in the burbs.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: May 25, 2016 12:07AM

no

Posted by: FRED123 ()
Date: May 25, 2016 06:05AM

I had the same experience trying to find an apartment in Arlington. Anything on Columbia Pike near $1000 in rent. Check out The Gates of Ballston apartment complex. Its basically a refugee camp for illegals.

Posted by: tryingtolive ()
Date: May 25, 2016 06:50AM

Thank you, for those that suggested roommates. I am reluctant to do so (being burned by a past roommate financially) but I will give it another go.

For the haters- I am NOT trolling, I promise you. I was really upset yesterday when I got rejected for the FOURTH time without even putting in an application!! Maybe I should have not used such strong language

I understand illegal immigrants (and I will call them as they are!) need a place to live too, but I would have thought a person who is here legally and with proper income and credit would at least be able to submit an application! I also know not ALL hispanics here are illegals. I am speaking of the ones here illegally who are still able to rent apartments, pushing us legal residents out!

I have already reported the complexes to the Housing and Urban Development office (http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/topics/housing_discrimination)as well as spoke to a lawyer and I DO have a case.

We recorded the call with my hispanic friend asking (VA is a one-party state so it is legal) and played it back to the lawyer and he agreed the leasing agents were WRONG to deny me based on my race!

I also screen-shotted the websites showing the apartments were available that day (and they still are as of this AM!), and I also filled out a guest card (literal paper card) for 2 of the complexes so they should have that information I was actually there on that day (watch them conveniently "lose them" when we take this to court!)

Let me get back to work here...

Posted by: derzxis ()
Date: May 25, 2016 09:34PM

Ha Ha, you might not even need to work the rest of your life if this goes through the courts!

If you house share, look only at places where the landlord lives in the house and pays all the bills, and rents out the space to include utilities. I know about issues with roommates, that happens in the houses with absentee landlords where the renters have to come up with the utilities as well as the rent. The economy no longer supports everybody. At least the landlord can move the non-paying ones out quickly and you won't get stuck.

Posted by: dumb redneck bimbo's ()
Date: May 25, 2016 09:56PM

tryingtolive Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you, for those that suggested roommates. I
> am reluctant to do so (being burned by a past
> roommate financially) but I will give it another
> go.
>
> For the haters- I am NOT trolling, I promise you.
> I was really upset yesterday when I got rejected
> for the FOURTH time without even putting in an
> application!! Maybe I should have not used such
> strong language
>
> I understand illegal immigrants (and I will call
> them as they are!) need a place to live too, but I
> would have thought a person who is here legally
> and with proper income and credit would at least
> be able to submit an application! I also know not
> ALL hispanics here are illegals. I am speaking of
> the ones here illegally who are still able to rent
> apartments, pushing us legal residents out!
>
> I have already reported the complexes to the
> Housing and Urban Development office
> (http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/topics/h
> ousing_discrimination)as well as spoke to a lawyer
> and I DO have a case.
>
> We recorded the call with my hispanic friend
> asking (VA is a one-party state so it is legal)
> and played it back to the lawyer and he agreed the
> leasing agents were WRONG to deny me based on my
> race!
>
> I also screen-shotted the websites showing the
> apartments were available that day (and they still
> are as of this AM!), and I also filled out a guest
> card (literal paper card) for 2 of the complexes
> so they should have that information I was
> actually there on that day (watch them
> conveniently "lose them" when we take this to
> court!)
>
> Let me get back to work here...

go rent a trailer out near Winchester, you sound like you'll fit right in.

Posted by: Landlord. ()
Date: May 25, 2016 09:57PM

Illegals make great tenants, they pay cash and never ask for anything to be repaired unlike yuppies who call to have a loose socket fixed.

Posted by: glaxoff ()
Date: May 25, 2016 10:04PM

I make a ton from turning them in to the IRS for tax evasion. Too bad that will be going away soo, they are transitioning the whole economy away from cash and all transactions will have to be digital, which will get rid of the cash economy. Or, they will have to trade services for renminbes.

Posted by: Trollie McTrollface ()
Date: May 25, 2016 10:19PM

It's always funny to read threads where obvious trumptards pretend to be honest white folks getting screwed by foreigners.

Suing landlords, making mad cash thru IRS reports, lol, that fiction is ripe. It could become it's own genre.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.