HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Privatize the Dulles Greenway NOW!!!
Posted by: Frank Wilson ()
Date: May 20, 2016 12:42PM

The state of Virginia has mismanaged transportation projects in this region for far too long. With their operation of the Dulles toll road it is become evident that they don't know what they're doing it now that they own the Dulles Greenway, the severely miss man just up the road and it's infrastructure.

It's time for the state to privatize the road now!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Privatize the Dulles Greenway NOW!!!
Posted by: Bigtime trump supporter ()
Date: May 20, 2016 01:12PM

We need to close the whole road down until we figure out what is going on.

Posted by: Don't tell me what to do ()
Date: May 20, 2016 01:49PM

Frank Wilson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's time for the state to privatize the road
> now!!!

Attachments:
don't tell me what to do.gif

Posted by: JLDxL ()
Date: May 20, 2016 04:01PM

Posted by: mNcMT ()
Date: May 20, 2016 04:39PM

JLDxL Wrote:
> I thought it was already privatized.
>
> https://www.transportation.gov/policy-initiatives/
> build-america/dulles-greenway-loudoun-county-va

It is privately run. OP is clueless.

Posted by: Ying Ko ()
Date: May 20, 2016 07:28PM

The OP must be talking about Rte. 7.

Posted by: Wit ()
Date: May 22, 2016 03:16AM

It is

Posted by: Private sector ()
Date: May 30, 2016 03:52PM

Privatization is the answer

Posted by: Hey retard ()
Date: February 05, 2018 12:39AM

It’s fuxking privatized

Posted by: mjs ()
Date: February 05, 2018 10:38AM

Hey retard Wrote:
> It’s fuxking privatized

Not sure who the tard is... the one who can't spell "fucking" or replying to a two year old thread...

Oh wait, they are one in the same.
get back on the short bus

Posted by: Wayback machine ()
Date: February 05, 2018 10:56AM

Remember all the way back to 2009 when private health insurers were howling and shrieking about how they could never compete against a "public option?" There was a reason for that, and too many have simply never understood it.

Posted by: Capt C ()
Date: February 05, 2018 01:22PM

I still wonder why they cannot open all the booths going to Leesburg from Dulles. The one on the left is open for EZ Pass. Many times a driver will pull up to the EZ Pass lane and for whatever reason the gate does not open. That leaves the booth on the far right that is for EZ Pass, credit cards and cash at certain times. If you pull up behind a car in that lane be prepared to wait. Meanwhile the middle booth sits unused while cars back up.

Posted by: DPFTU ()
Date: February 05, 2018 10:37PM

Maybe they ought to do audits more often. remember the booth attendant of the toll road who was sucking thousands of dollars out of the toll tills? If they could solve the "greedy help" issues, that money could be used to repair the electronic toll readers and apparatuses that always break down.

When I worked in Falls Church I used to use the toll road to get there. After 9 PM there were no toll booth operators on duty at all. Also, the toll road was the last road to be cleared in a snowstorm. Foreign owners = no care management. After all, if it is 125 degrees in Australia, why would they care about the 2 feet of snow falling on the Dulles toll road? After the blizzard of 96, when I could finally drive out of Tysons corner, (the Wednesday after the Saturday morning when the storm had first started up) there was only ONE lane plowed each way on the 3 lane toll road. It varied in width, so you had to be careful to keep in the middle of the strip at all times or a sudden bank would suddenly pop up in front of you.

I heard it is now managed by the airport authority, but am not sure if that actually happened yet.

Posted by: Holy dumbshits, Batman! ()
Date: February 06, 2018 08:57AM

Go away and learn the difference between the Greenway and the Dulles Toll Road.

Posted by: uiyreg ()
Date: February 06, 2018 08:33PM

Privatization usually means the government selling TAX PAYER OWNED property (perhaps improved, with building, computers, etc) to a PRIVATE COMPANY for profit. (Alan Greenspan, and all economists before agree: the TAXPAYER does not suffer sale at a loss - the taxpayer seeks profit just like businesses on sale*)

Privatization is generally illegal unless the "buyer" pays all taxpayer costs of development, INTEREST, AND PROFIT.

so go ahead, make my day

* however government cannot BEGIN a contract a private company could be doing by squeezing the competition out using "free taxpayer money" - that practice is infact illegal. we're talking above about LEGAL sales, not any kind of illegal sale

8c85b675be640888c5b117a70ba0f7f5--famous

Posted by: wpuxp ()
Date: February 06, 2018 08:43PM

The government does NOT need to accept contract bids from North Korea per say, or (according to Reagan), from anywhere Europe - because Make America Great Again - it's the taxpayer's money and should be used to insure against American welfare.

The government must disband or REGULATE monopolies and some oligopolies.

A privatized road charging "ANY RATE THEY WANT" would be a run-away vehicle of rates. The government would have to REGULATE: and that would come out of the companies taxes at tax time: regulation is not free any more than a turn lane for a buildings traffic would be "free".

OR, the privatized sale would have to have competing maintainers the travelers can choose which rate to pay! that would just be fun.

Posted by: e3e3x ()
Date: February 06, 2018 08:45PM

being an investigator in the days of satellite photos and mandated records would just be a breeze

for one thing - any sale of government property would be a breeze to find corruption on, just a breeze. i could do take downs left and right back to back.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.