HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
SWAT activity in Town of Herndon near golf course on Ferndsle Ave- any info?
Posted by: Uther Pendragon ()
Date: May 05, 2016 07:04AM

Saw FFX County SWAT and TOH Pd staging at the parking lot by the tennis bubble on Ferndale Ave before 6am and go up Ferndale towards Herndon Pkwy about 10 mins later. Anyone have any info or seen anything in the news?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SWAT activity in Town of Herndon near golf course on Ferndsle Ave- any info?
Posted by: KB ()
Date: May 05, 2016 09:42AM

I live a few houses up from where it happened, so I got a front row seat to what happened.

Apparently there was a raid on a house on Wintrol Court. It may have been drug related as there were a few DEA agents on the scene as well. Judging from what you said and considering how many people were there, I'm guessing this was planned well in advance.

Thankfully the situation was resolved peacefully within roughly 10 minutes. No shots were ever fired and the people in the house appeared to have surrendered without any incident.

By around 6:30 AM, the SWAT Team and most of the police officers packed up and left. When I left for work just after 8 AM there was only the command unit and a handful of investigators/officers left on the scene. I'm sure this evening we'll see/hear something about it on Patch, WTOP or other local news.

Re: SWAT activity in Town of Herndon near golf course on Ferndsle Ave- any info?
Posted by: Captian obvious ()
Date: May 05, 2016 11:53AM

I heard through the grapevine. That pounds of weed as well as black market stolen credit cards were being shipped there. These hooligans are apparently pretty young.

Posted by: NA ()
Date: May 05, 2016 05:39PM

I live next door to where it happened. All I can say is the above is completely true and it was very crazy. Not to mention one heck of an awesome sight!

Posted by: Uther Pendragon ()
Date: May 05, 2016 11:22PM

Thanks for the update. Since it was so early I assume it was a no knock warrant. Did they use flash bangs when they entered?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.