HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12345AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: UPDATED UPDATE: Search resumes in Shenandoah National Park for missing Fairfax County Firefighter
Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: April 18, 2016 08:22PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Search resumes in Shenandoah National Park for missing Fairfax County Firefighter
Posted by: Strange Stuff ()
Date: April 18, 2016 09:03PM

Dog Walker1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> White Oak Canyon Trail (WOCT) is pretty steep with
> many rocks and tree roots providing tripping
> opportunities, if I remember correctly. I sure
> would not want to be jogging on something like
> that. Of course, I've seen joggers on other
> trails that provided similar trip hazards.
>
> WOCT has a parking lot off Skyline Drive and
> another parking lot near the bottom of the trail,
> close to the Old Rag parking lot. Apparently the
> lower lot is where they found the car. You can see
> topography here:
> http://www.hikingupward.com/SNP/WhiteOak/
>
> One local news station showed a photo of the woman
> with her big dog in the back of her car. Would she
> take the dog with her for running on a tough
> trail? I wouldn't think so.
>
> It's been years since a friend and I backpacked
> from Skyland parking lot (WOCT lot on Skyline Dr
> was full) down the WOCT and up the Cedar Run
> Trail, similar to this hike
> http://www.hikingupward.com/SNP/WhiteOakCedarRun/
>
> When we did that hike in an August years ago,
> there were few people once you got a mile or two
> from Skyline Dr. I think we hiked for a full day
> (in the lower part of the trails) without seeing
> anyone, but maybe we saw 1 or 2 other hikers or
> groups. With full packs and a lot of blisters, we
> took an easy pace.
>
> Hope they will find her in good condition with a
> twisted ankle or similar minor injury, but they
> need to find her soon for a good outcome in this.

She is an emergency paramedic. I would think she would of been found by now if it was a simple injury.

Re: UPDATED UPDATE: Search resumes in Shenandoah National Park for missing Fairfax County Firefighter
Posted by: YYYjV ()
Date: April 18, 2016 09:22PM

From the paek site -

Whiteoak Canyon Closure-
Whiteoak Canyon, Limberlost, Crescent Rocks, Cedar Run, and Cedar Run Link Trail are closed due to an ongoing search.

Posted by: Hiker guy ()
Date: April 18, 2016 09:27PM

I was doing a meetup hike on White Oak Canton and there was a huge rattlsesnake righ in the trail. Also a bear about 10 feet off the trail just sitting there. Not a good place to be alone.

Posted by: Bear Me ()
Date: April 18, 2016 09:42PM

Hiker guy Wrote:
> I was doing a meetup hike on White Oak Canton and
> there was a huge rattlsesnake righ in the trail.
> Also a bear about 10 feet off the trail just
> sitting there. Not a good place to be alone.

I would think bear would go for someone more tasty. She looks too skinny.

Re: Search resumes in Shenandoah National Park for missing Fairfax County Firefighter
Posted by: Dog Walker1 ()
Date: April 18, 2016 09:58PM

Strange Stuff Wrote:
> Dog Walker1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > [SNIP PART]
> >
> > Hope they will find her in good condition with a
> > twisted ankle or similar minor injury, but they
> > need to find her soon for a good outcome in
> > this.
>
> She is an emergency paramedic. I would think she
> would of been found by now if it was a simple
> injury.

Most likely you're right, but I just hope that she is still going to be OK.

I would think that they could have walked all of the closed trails by now (after at least two full days of searching), but maybe they have to search 50 feet or more off the trails as well.

If she really was the person who drove the car to the parking lot, a search dog should be able to track her scent.

Some posters seem to be assuming criminal activity. That's certainly possible, but accident, animal attack, and other scenarios are also possible. Investigators probably looked into her actions during the days before she disappeared in order to rule out depression that could cause her to harm herself.

Posted by: Yes They Would ()
Date: April 18, 2016 10:41PM

>Either the family pays for all this or government
> responds this way whenever anyone in Fairfax goes
> missing

--------------------------------------------------------

Im sure they would use a helicopter in the same circumstance If some one was truly missing.

Posted by: What? No S&W44 Mountain Gun ()
Date: April 18, 2016 10:49PM

>I was doing a meetup hike on White Oak Canton and there was a huge rattlsesnake righ in the trail. Also a bear about 10 feet off the trail just sitting there. Not a good place to be alone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You hike with rattlesnakes with out .44 Magnum snake shot?? Bears..Are you Crazy??

Not Crazy DAJAX...

I Hope the Brave FXCO Paramedic is Found Alive and well Its very possible. I hope. And really it does not matter that she a brave FFX Paramedic.. same goes to all..that get lost, hurt up there.

Posted by: truedis ()
Date: April 18, 2016 11:01PM

The good old Federal government will not let you take any firearms into a National park. Of course there is no hunting either so the parks are overflowing with critters. Hike at your own risk. I recommend the National forest!

Posted by: Packing ()
Date: April 18, 2016 11:09PM

I've hiked all the trails around White Oak and carry my Glock in my backpack. Been doing it for 20 yrs.. I wouldn't go out there without it. Snakes, bears etc. are all over the place.

Posted by: Way Wrong Pal ()
Date: April 18, 2016 11:48PM

>The good old Federal government will not let you take any firearms into a National park

That was changed some time back if you have a Concealed Handgun permit in the state the National Park is in. You can carry a gun. And Yes Obama signed it into law and its not been any problem.. despite the anti self defense Creeps who will lie and exaggerate about any thing they don't agree with.

As far as crimes and Criminals go they do as they wish..

Criminals don't need No Stinking Permits..They are free to kill and maim and rape as they want. As laws don't apply to them. Never have ..Never will..

DAJAX

Posted by: Wrong Turn Dushku ()
Date: April 19, 2016 12:00AM

Gotta watch out for those illegal stills

Posted by: petey ()
Date: April 19, 2016 03:36AM

Geez they should have found her by now.

Posted by: PATCer ()
Date: April 19, 2016 03:48AM

Packing Wrote:
> I've hiked all the trails around White Oak and
> carry my Glock in my backpack. Been doing it for
> 20 yrs.. I wouldn't go out there without it.
> Snakes, bears etc. are all over the place.

LOL! The SNP is a lot safer than NOVA. Ive been hiking their for decades and never even thought of carrying a gun. Going down the Laurel prong trail this weekend and camping overnight near the Rapidan river, that area is beautiful this time of year. You really don't need to be scared of snakes or bears, very unlikely they would hurt you. Going into a 7-11 in Herndon? You might want to be armed for that.

Posted by: something is wrong ()
Date: April 19, 2016 07:35AM

PATCer Wrote:
> Packing Wrote:
> -----
> > I've hiked all the trails around White Oak and
> > carry my Glock in my backpack. Been doing it
> for
> > 20 yrs.. I wouldn't go out there without it.
> > Snakes, bears etc. are all over the place.
>
>
> LOL! The SNP is a lot safer than NOVA. Ive been
> hiking their for decades and never even thought of
> carrying a gun. Going down the Laurel prong trail
> this weekend and camping overnight near the
> Rapidan river, that area is beautiful this time of
> year. You really don't need to be scared of snakes
> or bears, very unlikely they would hurt you. Going
> into a 7-11 in Herndon? You might want to be armed
> for that.

You would be foolish to go hiking in the SNP alone w/o at least telling someone where you were going - I don't care if you are a 125 year old woman or a 200 pound burly guy. She had apparently been there before. She knew that there was little to no cell phone service there and yet she, a trained emergency responder, supposedly drove over an hour to this remote location and just hiked right into those woods knowing full well that no one knew where she was?

There has got to be more to this story. I hope they find her safe soon.

Posted by: Maaaaaaybr ()
Date: April 19, 2016 08:39AM

Could it have anything to do with her other fame in Fairfax Underground where she was publicly outted for having alleged extramarital encounters? It's no coincidence she's mentioned for two different reasons in this website.

My bet:
Poor girl was shamed to death. Literally pushed to suicide. By the saints who have never done wrong and post messages about her here.

Fairfax Underground killed her.

Enjoy hell.

Re: UPDATED UPDATE: Search widens for missing female Fairfax County Firefighter in Shenandoah National Park, 10am Press Confrence at Fire Station 32 (5600 Burke Centre Parkway)
Date: April 19, 2016 09:36AM

Re: UPDATED UPDATE: Search widens for missing female Fairfax County Firefighter in Shenandoah National Park, 10am Press Confrence at Fire Station 32 (5600 Burke Centre Parkway)
Date: April 19, 2016 09:42AM

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/125477902-story

CgXTXGSWwAAXumT.jpg

A prayer vigil was held Monday evening for a missing 31-year-old woman from Woodbridge, Virginia. Nicole Mittendorff worshipped at St. Paul United Methodist Church in Woodbridge and friends and family there prayed for her safe return.

Mittendorff was reported missing Friday and her car was discovered Saturday evening at Shenandoah National Park. Monday's search for the firefighter-paramedic with Fairfax County Fire and Rescue was concentrated in the region of White Oak Canyon Trail where her vehicle was discovered. But so far, where Mittendorff is remains a mystery.

This all started on Friday when Virginia State Police received a report that the missing 31-year-old was reported missing. Mittendorff is described as a 5'6" white female with blond hair and green eyes, weighing about 125 pounds. Her family said the last time they heard from her was last Wednesday. She is a three-year veteran of the fire department.

Mittendorff shared a home with her husband, who is a Virginia State Police sergeant. He attended Monday night's prayer service along with his wife's family.

Neighbors said she was a friendly face in a neighborhood where people don’t often talk to each other. They said they are desperate for her to be found.

"It's very shocking," said Maria Sanchez, one of Mittendorff's neighbors. "She strikes me as a really good person. I'd go out where she would be with her dogs. We would talk, I'd ask her how she was doing, I never got a negative reaction from her."

Another neighbor described Mittendorff and her husband as very nice people, and that she doesn’t seem like the kind of person that would just take off.

"The stress of that job are really, really difficult, and sometimes she likes to get away and to run and challenge herself to get away from that stress," said Gabriel Smith, a friend of Mittendorff at church. "We're hoping that she is just there somewhere needing our help now, and that's what we feel -- the only thing we can feel. There was no indication that we know that Nicole was sad or needed to get away."

“I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who has viewed, liked, and shared this page dedicated to finding my wife,” Nicole’s husband, Steven Mittendorff, wrote on Facebook. “I am overwhelmed by the number of calls, texts, and social media messages that I have received, but have not been able to answer.”

The Virginia State Police has asked anyone with information about the missing woman to call 703-803-0026 or email information to questions@vsp.virginia.gov

Posted by: Curious... ()
Date: April 19, 2016 09:53AM

Random post from another thread...

A new tramp emerges for us to watch destroy
> herself. Nicole Mittendorf at 32 is already
> slutting her way around the county. Got wasted and
> screwed Sam Mill's cousin and last week was seen
> at 8's usual hockey game in DC making out with
> Nate Larkin. Pics to come from someone there. Also
> hear some JJ Walsh play? She's married to a nice
> dude. Not sure if he knows. He's a trooper up here

Career firefighters trying to slut-shame her?

Date: April 19, 2016 10:06AM

Date: April 19, 2016 10:08AM

Date: April 19, 2016 10:10AM

Date: April 19, 2016 10:14AM

Date: April 19, 2016 10:37AM

Date: April 19, 2016 10:39AM

Date: April 19, 2016 10:43AM

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/We-Are-All-Looking-for-You-Search-Continues-for-Nicole-Mittendorff-Missing-Virginia-Firefighter-376211721.html

The family and friends of a missing Fairfax County firefighter held an emotional press conference Tuesday, asking the public for their help in bringing Nicole Mittendorff home.

Mittendorff, 31, was reported missing to police on Friday after her 2009 Mini Cooper was found shortly before 8 p.m. Saturday in a parking lot in Shenandoah National Park by a U.S. Park ranger. State police said Mittendorff was last in touch with her family Wednesday, April 13.

"As you can imagine, the pain of not knowing where a loved one is can be unbearable," Mittendorff's husband, Steve Mittendorff, said through tears during a press conference Tuesday.

Federal, state and volunteer search teams have spent the past few days searching the Shenandoah National Park for any signs of Mittendorff. Due to the rugged terrain, Virginia State Police said the search was stopped at sundown Monday. The ssearch was expected to resume early Tuesday morning.

"I'm not sure where you are, but know that we are all looking for you," Steve said.

Te search has focused on the area around the Whiteoak Canyon trail in Madison County. But, so far, nothing has been found.

Fire officials urged the public to call Virginia State Police if they have any information regarding Nicole's whereabouts.

"This is our 911 call to the public," Fairfax County Fire Chief Richard Bowers Jr. said. "You never know. The smallest thing can help bring Nicole home."
Nicole is a career firefighter and paramedic for the Fairfax County Fire Department, a family member confirmed to News4. Her husband is a Virginia State Police employee, police said.

There is currently no evidence to suggest anything suspicious about Nicole's disappearance, state police said.

She is described as a white woman with blonde hair and green eyes. She is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs about 125 pounds.

Her family has created a Facebook page and a website to help find her. A prayer vigil will be held Wednesday night at Fairview Station 32, the station where Nicole worked.

Anyone with information that can help police is asked to call Virginia State Police at 703-803-0026.
Attachments:
Screenshot_2016-04-19-10-41-37.png

Date: April 19, 2016 11:02AM

Posted by: Not Fooled ()
Date: April 19, 2016 11:36AM

Wow, so the missing fire fighters husband says, almost verbatim, what Susan Smith said.

This has classic ....... all over it. Time to figure out her husbands where abouts during the entire time she went missing. I'm very suspicious of this guy.

Posted by: 4m7Hv ()
Date: April 19, 2016 11:42AM

Her husband says "I'm not sure where you are, but know that we are all looking for you,".

Is it just me or is that a strange statement?

Posted by: She's hot ()
Date: April 19, 2016 11:49AM

Wood hit

Posted by: Givimabrame ()
Date: April 19, 2016 11:58AM

4m7Hv Wrote:
> Her husband says "I'm not sure where you are, but
> know that we are all looking for you,".
>
> Is it just me or is that a strange statement?

On one hand he is a grieving husband. Do you really expect a quality statement from someone in emotional turmoil?

Posted by: hmm..... ()
Date: April 19, 2016 12:08PM

I am glad that bloodhounds are being used in the search. Even though this woman is an experienced paramedic, that does not mean that she did not experience some kind of emergency, and in the process, her cellphone fell from her and she is unable to help herself. I am hoping that she is found injured but alive. There have been many cases of people, in cars and on foot, falling or crashing far from sight but being found alive but hurt. Most recently was a 71 year old woman who was eventually rescued out west after being missing for days. Bloodhounds will help if this is the case because, unlike aerial surveillance, bloodhounds can search deep into areas that are hard to see from the sky.

Posted by: Who is this? ()
Date: April 19, 2016 12:10PM

Who is this lady, and why did she seem so fixated on the press conference?

Look at all linked pics above. Who is she in all this? Seems way interested, my 2c.

Posted by: Ranger Rick ()
Date: April 19, 2016 12:23PM

4m7Hv Wrote:
> Her husband says "I'm not sure where you are, but
> know that we are all looking for you,".
>
> Is it just me or is that a strange statement?

You know, I heard that quote on the radio just a little while ago and I thought the same thing. "I'm not sure where you are"........My BS radar went off. That is truly an odd statement.

Something else about this doesnt add up. She supposedly texted her father on Wednesday morning. First of all, no one can say for certain she sent the text. Could have been anyone with her phone.

In addition, was she planning on spending the night on the hiking trail? Seems a little odd for someone who is just a runner, not a hiker/backpacker. Why was no one concerned enough to report her missing until Friday?

Posted by: pwm7X ()
Date: April 19, 2016 12:39PM

Very Strange Wrote:
>
> Are we missing something here? Police don't want
> any volunteers to help in the search because it
> might "contaminate the area?"

One of their own may be involved. They have to control the situation. Don't want something found that could violate the "thin blue line".

Posted by: prayer vigil ()
Date: April 19, 2016 12:53PM

So the prayer vigil didn't bring her back, go figure

Posted by: anonymous1 ()
Date: April 19, 2016 01:16PM

That lady is her sister.

Posted by: UMHLV ()
Date: April 19, 2016 01:18PM

Ranger Rick Wrote:
> 4m7Hv Wrote:
> -----
> > Her husband says "I'm not sure where you are,
> but
> > know that we are all looking for you,".
> >
> > Is it just me or is that a strange statement?
>
> You know, I heard that quote on the radio just a
> little while ago and I thought the same thing.
> "I'm not sure where you are"........My BS radar
> went off. That is truly an odd statement.
>
> Something else about this doesnt add up. She
> supposedly texted her father on Wednesday morning.
> First of all, no one can say for certain she sent
> the text. Could have been anyone with her phone.
>
> In addition, was she planning on spending the
> night on the hiking trail? Seems a little odd for
> someone who is just a runner, not a
> hiker/backpacker. Why was no one concerned enough
> to report her missing until Friday?

-Did someone say she wasn't living with her husband?

Posted by: awful situation ()
Date: April 19, 2016 01:34PM

I saw the press conference and Nicole's husband was barely holding it together. Poor guy could barely get the words out. He seems completely broken up by the disappearance of his wife. It didn't seem like BS to me at all.

UPDATED UPDATE: Search widens for missing female Fairfax County Firefighter in Shenandoah National Park, 10am Press Confrence at Fire Station 32 (5600 Burke Centre Parkway)
Posted by: or ()
Date: April 19, 2016 01:39PM

He's a guy who refuses to acknowledge the possibility that his wife isn't coming back

Posted by: #1 Suspect ()
Date: April 19, 2016 01:52PM

awful situation Wrote:
> I saw the press conference and Nicole's husband
> was barely holding it together. Poor guy could
> barely get the words out. He seems completely
> broken up by the disappearance of his wife. It
> didn't seem like BS to me at all.

Go back and watch Susan Smith's press conference after she drowned and murdered her children. She had everybody fooled with that performance. A psychopath can be very convincing.

He is my #1 suspect at the moment.

Posted by: uh uh ()
Date: April 19, 2016 01:57PM

#1 Suspect Wrote:
>
>
> He is my #1 suspect at the moment.

Didn't Susan Smith say a black man carjacked her and stole her babies? I didn't see him say anything near verbatim to that.

Posted by: Okydokers ()
Date: April 19, 2016 02:00PM

It doesn't need to be "near verbatim" to share similarities.

You aren't smart enough to get the point. I could tell from your mastery of the English language when you used retarded sentence structure to make no point whatsoever.

It's ok. The world needs burger flippers too.

Posted by: awful situation ()
Date: April 19, 2016 02:01PM

He might just be a young, grief stricken and out of his mind with worry husband.

Nicole's sister seems to believe him. I just hope that they find her. For some reason I don't think she's on that trail. Something seems off about that. But I'm wrong sometimes, so who knows.

Posted by: Super Sleuth ()
Date: April 19, 2016 02:14PM

Ranger Rick Wrote:
> 4m7Hv Wrote:
> -----
> > Her husband says "I'm not sure where you are,
> but
> > know that we are all looking for you,".
> >
> > Is it just me or is that a strange statement?
>
> You know, I heard that quote on the radio just a
> little while ago and I thought the same thing.
> "I'm not sure where you are"........My BS radar
> went off. That is truly an odd statement.
>
> Something else about this doesnt add up. She
> supposedly texted her father on Wednesday morning.
> First of all, no one can say for certain she sent
> the text. Could have been anyone with her phone.
>
> In addition, was she planning on spending the
> night on the hiking trail? Seems a little odd for
> someone who is just a runner, not a
> hiker/backpacker. Why was no one concerned enough
> to report her missing until Friday?

There were a lot of comments that he made that sounded odd to me. After hearing that statement I thought the exact same thing; Now I'm wondering if she sent that text.

My senario goes something like this:

She has finally had it with the husband. Pissed off about something she threatens to expose some very incriminating evidence against the husband. The husband decides his life will be over and he will go to jail if he doesn't get rid of the ex\wife.

He either goes into a rage or plans out a scheme. She is dead and now he needs explain the disappearance. Ah, bury the body some place(Not SNP) transporting the body with a different vehicle. Drive her car out to SNP and drop it off.

Humm... but he needs a ride back to Woodbridge some how? New lover helps him? Check her where abouts?

Posted by: Doing the AT ()
Date: April 19, 2016 02:18PM

Maybe she just said f it and stated walking

Posted by: Free stuff ()
Date: April 19, 2016 02:58PM

This is really messing up free parks week.
Will they extend it due to this?

Posted by: Private Dick ()
Date: April 19, 2016 03:38PM

What if the forest fire near Swift Run Gap was set to help dispose of Nicole's body? It is only 40 or so miles from were her car was found! If I was involved in the search, I would be searching that area once the fire is contained.

Date: April 19, 2016 03:42PM

COULD THIS BE RELATED TO HER???

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Wildfire-Scorches-2000-Acres-of-Shenandoah-National-Park-376235141.html

041916+rocky+mountain+fire.jpg

Firefighters are working to contain a wildfire that has burned three days and spread across more than 2,000 acres of Shenandoah National Park, the National Park Service said.

The fire in the south district of the park, on Rocky Mount, had grown to approximately 2,094 acres as of Monday night, the National Park Service said in an update.

A portion of the Appalachian Trail was closed, from Doyles River Overlook (mile 82) to Powell Gap (mile 70). Skyline Drive was closed from Swift Run Gap (mile 65) to Loft Mountain (mile 79). Multiple trails were closed. For the full list, see the Facebook page for the park.
The cause of the fire reported about 1 p.m. Saturday is under investigation.
More than 100 firefighters were battling the blaze, including personnel from the National Park Service, Virginia Department of Forestry and USDA Forest Service. Additional firefighters and equipment were en route as of Monday night.
Most forest fires in Virginia are caused by human actions and can be prevented, the Virginia Department of Forestry says. The department has these tips on preventing fires:

Do not leave a campfire fire unattended. If a fire does escape, call 911 immediately
Keep a supply of water and a rake or shovel near the fire
Start fires only when the wind is calm
Report any acts of arson immediately and note a description of the suspect and their vehicle
Teach child about how to safely set and put out a campfire

About 30 miles north of the wildfire, the search continues for a Fairfax County firefighter, Nicole Mittendorff, who was reported missing Friday.

Date: April 19, 2016 03:46PM

Date: April 19, 2016 03:47PM

Date: April 19, 2016 03:50PM

Date: April 19, 2016 03:51PM

Re: UPDATED UPDATE: Search widens for missing female Fairfax County Firefighter in Shenandoah National Park, ... she and her husband had an online baby registry
Date: April 19, 2016 03:55PM

Re: UPDATED UPDATE: Search widens for missing female Fairfax County Firefighter in Shenandoah National Park ... she and her husband had an online baby registry
Date: April 19, 2016 03:58PM

Re: UPDATED UPDATE: Search widens for missing female Fairfax County Firefighter in Shenandoah National Park ... she and her husband had an online baby registry
Date: April 19, 2016 04:00PM

Date: April 19, 2016 04:01PM

Date: April 19, 2016 04:02PM

Posted by: It was Fox News ()
Date: April 19, 2016 04:05PM

Poster Fox News is so obsessed with this case that I believe he is involved. Don't some criminals do shit like this to "get off" on a crime they committed that would otherwise get very little attention?

Re: UPDATED UPDATE: Search widens for missing female Fairfax County Firefighter in Shenandoah National Park ... she and her husband have an online baby registry ... wildfire 30 miles away from search area
Posted by: Nostra Strokas ()
Date: April 19, 2016 04:16PM

She is only 5'6" and 125 pounds. I don't think she should have been hiking alone....anywhere.

Re: UPDATED UPDATE: Search widens for missing female Fairfax County Firefighter in Shenandoah National Park ... she and her husband have an online baby registry ... wildfire 30 miles away from search area
Date: April 19, 2016 04:22PM

Nostra Strokas Wrote:
> She is only 5'6" and 125 pounds. I don't think
> she should have been hiking alone....anywhere.

She has normal bmi since she is a firefighter. That means she is extremely fit and can endure hazardous conditions.

http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/assessing/bmi/adult_bmi/english_bmi_calculator/bmi_calculator.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2016 12:11AM by Fox News.

Attachments:
Screenshot_2016-04-19-16-21-39.png

Posted by: no point really ()
Date: April 19, 2016 04:59PM

I wonder if she planned to meet a running partner on the trail and that person did something to her. It just seems so odd to me that she would go on that trail by herself without at least telling someone that she was going there.

And it also sounds as though she was familiar with this trail so it's odd to think that she would get lost on it for some reason.

Posted by: That Dude ()
Date: April 19, 2016 05:10PM

Hubby is shady. A lot of crocodile tears.

Posted by: Orrr ()
Date: April 19, 2016 05:17PM

Interesting that there was a baby registry established.

Perhaps she found out the father wasnt the husband. Got depressed and offer herself?

Or perhaps she told the husband, and he offed her instead

Or perhaps she had a medical issue with the baby and that's why.

Or maybe she's in Vegas

Posted by: Could Be? ()
Date: April 19, 2016 05:21PM

Bear population is up and that trail stays mighty cold esp. on the north sides ...Bears just out of hibernation with cubs are dangerous ..

I went hiking on the AT in Early April several years ago near Linden and was shocked that the North side of a small mntn. was STILL covered in snow.
We DID see fresh and large bear tracks for a distance along the trail in the snow.

Also, mntn. lions are returning to the Eastern States.

Posted by: The AT Killer ()
Date: April 19, 2016 05:26PM

Posted by: Tb4H6 ()
Date: April 19, 2016 05:31PM

Could Be? Wrote:
> Bear population is up and that trail stays mighty
> cold esp. on the north sides ...Bears just out of
> hibernation with cubs are dangerous ..
>
> I went hiking on the AT in Early April several
> years ago near Linden and was shocked that the
> North side of a small mntn. was STILL covered in
> snow.
> We DID see fresh and large bear tracks for a
> distance along the trail in the snow.
>
> Also, mntn. lions are returning to the Eastern
> States.

Bears don't want anything to do with hikers. They run away at the first sight of a human.

I see solo female hikers on the trails all the time. I do find it odd that if she was solo hiking she didn't text or tell anybody. Especially since she was an EMT. She would certainly being texting before a hike.

So there is\was a baby on the way? Child support and child care. humm..

Posted by: 7nDnu ()
Date: April 19, 2016 05:38PM

> Bears don't want anything to do with hikers. They
> run away at the first sight of a human.

Normally but not always -- I know of a few incidents where this did not happen

Posted by: vKuWM ()
Date: April 19, 2016 06:09PM

Nostra Strokas Wrote:
> She is only 5'6" and 125 pounds. I don't think
> she should have been hiking alone....anywhere.

I agree. Unless she's carrying a 2.2 lb Glock 9mm.

Posted by: wJVVe ()
Date: April 19, 2016 07:14PM

Which Trail did she take?
Lot's are closed now -- due to the forest fire.

ALL CLOSED:

The Appalachian Trail from Powell Gap south to Doyles River Overlook
Brown Mountain Trail
Big Run Portal Trail
Rocky Mountain Trail
Rockytop Trail
Big Run Loop Trail
Austin Mountain Trail
Lewis Peak Trail
Patterson Ridge Trail
Madison Run Spur Trail
Madison Run Fire Road
Rocky Mount Trail
Gap Run Trail
Onemile Trail
The Pinefield Hut
Skyline Drive, from Swift Run Gap south to Loft Mountain

Posted by: Reads ()
Date: April 19, 2016 07:56PM

Whiteoak Canyon Closure-
Whiteoak Canyon, Limberlost, Crescent Rocks, Cedar Run, and Cedar Run Link Trail are closed due to an ongoing search.

It's believed the car was found at the White Oak parking lot.

wJVVe Wrote:
> Which Trail did she take?
> Lot's are closed now -- due to the forest fire.
>
> ALL CLOSED:
>
> The Appalachian Trail from Powell Gap south to
> Doyles River Overlook
> Brown Mountain Trail
> Big Run Portal Trail
> Rocky Mountain Trail
> Rockytop Trail
> Big Run Loop Trail
> Austin Mountain Trail
> Lewis Peak Trail
> Patterson Ridge Trail
> Madison Run Spur Trail
> Madison Run Fire Road
> Rocky Mount Trail
> Gap Run Trail
> Onemile Trail
> The Pinefield Hut
> Skyline Drive, from Swift Run Gap south to
> Loft Mountain

Posted by: Plot thickens ()
Date: April 19, 2016 08:06PM

It says the park authority is still investigating the cause... Well duh!

Every good killer knows you burn the body. Especially if the killer is a fire fighter.

The plot thickens.

So she was pregnant too?

Posted by: Fire's ()
Date: April 19, 2016 08:08PM

SNP facebook page has pics of the fire.

https://www.facebook.com/snptrust
Attachments:
firee.jpg

Posted by: Perry Masonary ()
Date: April 19, 2016 08:13PM

Plot thickens Wrote:
> It says the park authority is still investigating
> the cause... Well duh!
>
> Every good killer knows you burn the body.
> Especially if the killer is a fire fighter.
>
> The plot thickens.
>
> So she was pregnant too?

Her husband is a Va State Trooper. Doubt he knows much about setting fires and burning bodies.

Posted by: Kojak ()
Date: April 19, 2016 08:16PM

Perry Masonary Wrote:
> Plot thickens Wrote:
> -----
> > It says the park authority is still
> investigating
> > the cause... Well duh!
> >
> > Every good killer knows you burn the body.
> > Especially if the killer is a fire fighter.
> >
> > The plot thickens.
> >
> > So she was pregnant too?
>
> Her husband is a Va State Trooper. Doubt he knows
> much about setting fires and burning bodies.

I bet he does know how police will investigate a murder.

Posted by: Chief ()
Date: April 19, 2016 09:26PM

Fairfax firefighters don't have contracts. And many career employees have second jobs or their own businesses. Way off Fox News.

Posted by: Perfect Place ()
Date: April 19, 2016 10:03PM

On one hand, most law enforcement know that if you want a murder to remain unsolved, do it where Park Police are the lead to investigate.

On the other hand, it's pretty easy to determine where the fire started and how. Arson brings in the FBI. They are good. Very good.

This one will be solved.

Date: April 19, 2016 10:10PM

Chief Wrote:
> Fairfax firefighters don't have contracts. And
> many career employees have second jobs or their
> own businesses. Way off Fox News.

No

Date: April 19, 2016 10:16PM

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/We-Are-All-Looking-for-You-Search-Continues-for-Nicole-Mittendorff-Missing-Virginia-Firefighter-376211721.html

CgaSfguUIAA-fHg.jpg

'This Is Our 911 Call': Search for Missing Virginia Firefighter Nicole Mittendorff Continues

Family and friends of a missing Fairfax County paramedic-firefighter held an emotional press conference Tuesday, asking the public for help bringing Nicole Mittendorff home.

Mittendorff, 31, was reported missing to police Friday. A U.S. Park ranger found her 2009 Mini Cooper shortly before 8 p.m. Saturday in a parking lot in Shenandoah National Park. State police said Mittendorff was last in touch with her family Wednesday. There is no indication of foul play, according to Virginia State Police.

"As you can imagine, the pain of not knowisng where a loved one is can be unbearable," Mittendorff's husband, Steve Mittendorff, said through tears.
Her family said she is an avid runner and triathlete who may have been training on a trail near where her car was found, the Associated Press reported.

Federal, state and volunteer search teams have spent days searching Shenandoah National Park for any signs of Mittendorff. About 100 search-and-rescue team members continued combing a steep, rocky and forested 10-square-mile section of the 300-square-mile national park Tuesday, park spokeswoman Sally Hurlbert said.
"I'm not sure where you are, but know that we are all looking for you," Steve Mittendorff said.

The search has focused on the area around the White Oak Canyon trail in Madison County. Trails were closed in the area Tuesday. So far, search parties on the ground and in the air have found nothing.
Fire officials urged the public to call Virginia State Police if they have any information on Mittendorff's whereabouts.

"This is our 911 call to the public," Fairfax County Fire Chief Richard Bowers Jr. said. "You never know. The smallest thing can help bring Nicole home."
Mittendorff is a career firefighter and paramedic for the Fairfax County Fire Department. Her husband is a Virginia State Police sergeant.

Her gear in a locker at Fairfax Station's fire station has not been touched for more than a week.
There is currently no evidence to suggest anything suspicious about Mittendorff's disappearance, state police said.

Her family created a Facebook page and a website to help find her.
A prayer vigil will be held Wednesday night at 7:30 p.m. at Fairview Station 32, Mittendorff's station, located at 5600 Burke Centre Parkway in Fairfax Station, Virginia.

Mittendorff is described as a white woman with blonde hair and green eyes. She is 5-feet-6-inches tall and weighs about 125 pounds.
Anyone with information that can help police is asked to call Virginia State Police at 703-803-0026.

Date: April 19, 2016 10:21PM

Re: UPDATED UPDATE: Search continues for missing female Fairfax County Firefighter ... Prayer Vigil to be held on Wednesday, April 20, at 7:32 p.m. Will be held at Fire Station 32 (5600 Burke Centre Parkway)
Date: April 19, 2016 10:31PM

Re: UPDATED UPDATE: Search continues for missing female Fairfax County Firefighter ... Prayer Vigil to be held on Wednesday, April 20, at 7:32 p.m. Will be held at Fire Station 32 (5600 Burke Centre Parkway)
Date: April 19, 2016 10:32PM

Date: April 19, 2016 10:33PM

Posted by: YjJ94 ()
Date: April 19, 2016 10:38PM

RIP
Attachments:
mittendorferer - Copy.jpg

Date: April 19, 2016 10:39PM

YjJ94 Wrote:
> RIP

No!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2016 10:40PM by Fox News.

Posted by: Imagery Analyst ()
Date: April 19, 2016 10:46PM

Look at those earrings.. wonder if they would show up on a radar image.

Posted by: Brother on the force ()
Date: April 19, 2016 11:03PM

I have a brother who's working the investigation. They believe they've found the body but won't announce that until a press conference tomorrow. Not related to the fire, but the husband is a person of interest.

Posted by: Chiefy ()
Date: April 19, 2016 11:18PM

FS32 is draped in black bunting!

Posted by: Susan Brown ()
Date: April 19, 2016 11:19PM

Excellent point! I think it is very strange her husband didn't report her missing sooner! If you look at the news reports her Father genuinely seems like the only one who is concerned about finding her. Looks to me like they need to take a closer look at her husband. I think he knows what happened to her. Just my observations ...But I don't get a genuine feeling of concern and sorrow from the husband..seems like he is acting.

Posted by: Sherlock Holmes ()
Date: April 19, 2016 11:26PM

>Her husband is a Va State Trooper

And he was making a plea in a sense for her to "Come Out" "Tell where you are" kind of thing. She has been a person of interest in the past on FFU with bad things said about her, by the threads on this site referenced about her.

Is the Trooper missing any firearms? Did she go up there to hurt herself??
After some fight? Or other troubles?

DAJAX

Date: April 19, 2016 11:43PM

Brother on the force Wrote:
> I have a brother who's working the investigation.
> They believe they've found the body but won't
> announce that until a press conference tomorrow.
> Not related to the fire, but the husband is a
> person of interest.

You expect us to believe this?

Nice try

Date: April 19, 2016 11:58PM

Karma will be a nasty b$tch Techie 7.

Posted by: Techie7 is going down ()
Date: April 20, 2016 12:17AM

Indeed, it will...

Posted by: YourWholeFamilysGoinDown ()
Date: April 20, 2016 12:54AM

Techie7 rules ... all the way down
Attachments:
ODoyleRules.gif

Posted by: Techie7goingstr8tohell ()
Date: April 20, 2016 01:38AM

You can run but you can't hide Techie7.

Karma always wins.

Posted by: NV4XV ()
Date: April 20, 2016 01:56AM

Posted by: Monica592 ()
Date: April 20, 2016 06:22AM

To Ralph Pootawn - How dare u. Get the fuck off this thread you asshole.

Posted by: Fu**ing Wow ()
Date: April 20, 2016 07:30AM

Fucking Wow!

Posted by: Fu**ing Wow! ()
Date: April 20, 2016 08:43AM

Ralph Pootawn Wrote:
> She's hot. I would abduct her.

Fucking Wow really.

Date: April 20, 2016 09:28AM

http://wtop.com/virginia/2016/04/family-missing-firefighter-seeks-cell-phone-data/

The sister of Nicole Clardy Mittendorff is seeking help in getting access to her sister’s cellphone records, believing they could lead to the Fairfax County firefighter who was last heard from one week ago.

Jennifer Clardy Chalmers says Mittendorff downloaded several files to her cellphone shortly before she disappeared. Chalmers wonders whether the files could be maps, which could provide insight into where her sister was heading.

However, Mittendorff’s wireless carrier, citing federal law, won’t provide information on the data, even though Mittendorff’s father owns the account, according to Chalmers.

She declined to name the wireless carrier.

Nicole Mittendorff, 31, of Woodbridge, was last heard from by her father in a text Wednesday at 10:50 a.m. She was reported missing Friday, when she failed to show up for work. Her car was found Saturday night in a remote parking lot in the Shenandoah National Park.

Virginia State Police have said there is no evidence of anything suspicious in Mittendorff’s disappearance, and even with the passage of a week, this remains a missing-person case.

Since Mittendorff’s disappearance is not considered a criminal matter, law enforcement cannot subpoena cellphone records.

On the Find Nicole Now Facebook page, administered by Chalmers and her family, the family is asking for help from an attorney with telecommunications expertise who can help gain access to the data.

Virginia State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller has not said whether anything found in Mittendorff’s cream-colored Mini Cooper would indicate where she was heading, or what could have happened to her.

Five trails in the Whiteoak Canyon area remain closed for the search, according to the National Park Service.

Anyone with information about Mittendorff’s whereabouts can call the Virginia State Police at 703-803-0026 or send an email to questions@vsp.virginia.gov.

Pages: Previous12345AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 5

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.